Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12510&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:40:27 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Our Posts From Bsda Are Showing Up On Save3abn
Johann
post Feb 13 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 13 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]177925[/snapback]

Clay, you can ridicule me all you want. I couldn't care less.

But will you ridicule God also? In my post I was speaking of the judgment day when everyone will have to meet every word they have spoken with all its motives and intents of the heart.

Yes, it is a promise that everyone will meet their words again. Heavenly records do not lie.

Are you herewith stating that your, Bystander's, and WWJD's lies will not be presented at the final judgment, just becase you happen to be associated with 3ABN? When did God grant you this excemption?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 13 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 13 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]177912[/snapback]

whateva Lee.... you still haven't said much.... you want some cheese with that whine? Unlike some we are not skurred....

You don't have to convince me you're not skurred....you lack discernment in all area's. You won't be skurred...until you are actually served with court papers....You will then be one of the first to want your mama and a pacy.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 13 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 13 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]177945[/snapback]

Whatever copyright rights exist belong to the author of the post. Frankly, in my opinion, none of you have done what is required of you to be able to assert such rights.

Please note that Observer is stating his opinion based on what he has read about copyright law and the internet. Each person who posts here has the responsibility to be informed and should seek the informed opinion of someone who practices copyright or internet law if you have any questions about what your rights or protections are regarding this complex legal question.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Feb 13 2007, 11:15 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 13 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 13 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]177949[/snapback]

Are you herewith stating that your, Bystander's, and WWJD's lies will not be presented at the final judgment, just becase you happen to be associated with 3ABN? When did God grant you this excemption?

So you are now out and out calling us liars? You a 73 year old retired pastor should know better.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 13 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #35

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]177951[/snapback]

You don't have to convince me you're not skurred....you lack discernment in all area's. You won't be skurred...until you are actually served with court papers....You will then be one of the first to want your mama and a pacy.

whateva... don't you have something at 3abn to do? I am sure you are suppose to be taping something..... take your whining self somewhere....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 13 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 13 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]177939[/snapback]

Clay, I wasn't making an "empty threat." If you will open your bible, you can read it for yourself. Will you say God was making an "empty threat" when He wrote it in the Bible?

Mr. J--are you also ready to meet God in the judgment day who has a complete record of your words? You don't need to worry about me because I know I must meet my words again!

Mat 12:35-37 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

If you don't think you have written an untruth yourself, Lee, then you are supporting the greatest liers I have met in my 50 years of serving my Lord and His Church on Earth.

Are you still ready to meet your Lord in the final judgment?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 13 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Clay @ Feb 13 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]177954[/snapback]

whateva... don't you have something at 3abn to do? I am sure you are suppose to be taping something..... take your whining self somewhere....

Maybe wwjd IS doing something at 3ABN. It appears that they now have to work in shifts to keep up with damage control efforts here.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 13 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

wwjd, I would think that you would be thankful that your side of the 3abn issue is being represented on save3abn.com.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 13 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 13 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]177953[/snapback]

So you are now out and out calling us liars? - - -

Give me a term that fits better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 13 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 13 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]177952[/snapback]

Please note that Observer is stating his opinion based on what he has read about copyright law and the internet. Each person who posts here has the responsibility to be informed and should seek the informed opinion of someone who practices copyright or internet law if you have any questions about what your rights or protections are regarding this complex legal question.

nw

As I have stated: I am not a licensed attorney. I am not trained in law. I am not providing legal advice to a specific situation. I am not providing legal advice at all. I am expressing my personal opinion. Any of you who are concerned about copyright issues and material that you post here should seek the advice of a licensed attorney competent to give you advice in the area of law in which you seek the advice.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 13 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #41

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 13 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]177939[/snapback]

Clay, I wasn't making an "empty threat." If you will open your bible, you can read it for yourself. Will you say God was making an "empty threat" when He wrote it in the Bible?

Mr. J--are you also ready to meet God in the judgment day who has a complete record of your words? You don't need to worry about me because I know I must meet my words again!

Mat 12:35-37 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

I am indeed ready to meet God in the judgement, unworthy though I be... because I know in whom I have believed... and His name aint Danny... and I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him... the very saving of my soul... against that day. God is not finished with me yet... and He is the one who is able to keep me from falling and present me faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy

And it matters not what you think about my walk with Christ... not one iota... Because you aint Jesus...so save your phariseeism for someone impressed and/or cowed by it... because I got a new name, over in Zion, written on a white stone...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Feb 13 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Observer @ Feb 13 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]177945[/snapback]

WWJD: Any rights to what is posted here come under copyright law. Calvin, as the Administrator of this forum, does not gain any copyright rights due to someone posting here. Calvin has no legal authority to prevent someone from copying from this public forum and posting elsewere.

Whatever copyright rights exist belong to the author of the post. Frankly, in my opinion, none of you have done what is required of you to be able to assert such rights.

I'm not sure your last statement is correct.

"According to U.S. law, at least, an author's original works are covered by copyright, even without a formal notice incorporated into the work . . . Technically, any Internet posting (such as blogs or emails) could be considered copyrighted material unless explicitly stated otherwise." (LINK)

It can be argued that each post is an original piece of work by the writer of that post or that the authors of the many emails posted here, Maritime, save3abn are also original works protected under copyright law. The fact of the matter is that most copyright law was written for the printed word that was NOT digital. The digital world has created a situation where these laws are going under tremendous scrutiny and redefinement.

It is rather simple to establish copyright, simply include the symbol for copyright - © - at the end of each post and include the date. Don't use parenthesis as that could technically be argued away as not an indication of copyright ownership.

The Fair Use Doctrine, which might be used as a defense for taking material from this BBS and using it on another website probably wouldn't apply since it general applies to "use for scholarship or review" as opposed to expose or fictional writing.

The truth of the matter is, in my opinion, that Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle are intentionally using postings by those they classify as "Danny Apologists" (a term coined by, I think, our very own Clay). They use them to begin a particular rant knowing that it will probably not sit well with the individual who made the post over here and the fact that it saves them from having to do substantive writing to introduce said rant themselves. There really is no legal precedent that I can find for someone to sue Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle over the "cut and paste" use of their posts. It may be unethical, for which I think a strong arguement can be made, but it probably isn't illegal - or not to any degree that should lead someone to waste time filing a law suit.

Now, you can make a plea with Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle to have your words removed. However, they will demand some sort of identity verification which will mean you need to prove you are the person who posts under a pseudonym. At that point they will have your identity and will not hesitate, I believe, to go after your personal life and bare it to the world. They will use your identity in an attempt to discredit anything you say and paint you in an unfavorable light.

So, the choice would be yours, do you care if they know who you are? If not make a case and have your words removed. If you want to remain anonymous then just chalk it up as an unsurprising lack of ethical behavior on their part. After all, how hard would it be for Mr. Pickle to PM you here and ask if you minded if they used your post. If you said yes they could say so on their site. If you said no, they would probably still use it and indicate that you hadn't given permission for it's use (though that wouldn't look so good now would it?)

- FHB

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Feb 13 2007, 11:51 AM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 13 2007, 11:50 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 13 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]177956[/snapback]

Maybe wwjd IS doing something at 3ABN. It appears that they now have to work in shifts to keep up with damage control efforts here.

If somone gets too addicted to BSDA, someone might miss out on a basketball practice.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 13 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Feb 13 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]177964[/snapback]

Now, you can make a plea with Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle to have your words removed. However, they will demand some sort of identity verification which will mean you need to prove you are the person who posts under a pseudonym. At that point they will have your identity and will not hesitate, I believe, to go after your personal life and bare it to the world. They will use your identity in an attempt to discredit anything you say and paint you in an unfavorable light.

Oh, you mean like what has been done to me on numerous occasions? The only problem is, no one could find anything juicy enough on me, so they had to resort to insinuations.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 13 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #45

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 13 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]177875[/snapback]

Welcome to the internet. If you don't want your posts all over the net then don't post. Pretty simple. There is nothing private about public forums, nor should there be, that is just the nature of tbe beast.

QUOTE(calvin @ Feb 13 2007, 09:30 AM) [snapback]177884[/snapback]

....I would think if you are really speaking your convictions here that you would stand behind what you say anywhere it appears.

Nuff said right there.....

QUOTE(Lee @ Feb 13 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]177909[/snapback]

Better be careful what you say on here.

It is all being recorded and you will be meeting up with it again.

No, this is not a threat. Nor is it a "whine." It is a promise.

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Feb 13 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]177947[/snapback]

My comments aren't slander, thank you.

Lawsuits have been threatened over and over again. I think those who are supposedly being "slandered" know better than to drag this into court. They might have to cough up information that they don't want anyone to know about.

I'll say it one more time. Intimidation and scare tactics won't work anymore. It's over. Deal with it.

I said it before too Ex3ABN and I agree with you.

I PROMISE that if ANYONE thinks they can threaten me with intimidation and "court" - they better be ready to back it up. IN COURT. Why? I need my education and my next degree paid in full..... GOD is on my side. In WHOM (or in this case WHAT) shall I fear?
QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 13 2007, 12:20 PM) [snapback]177929[/snapback]

....This site is not a commercial for Las Vegas.

I'm gonna use this somewhere...this is hot! and TRUTH!

Now.... merinate on dat!

This post has been edited by PrincessDrRe: Feb 13 2007, 12:58 PM

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church