Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12571&st=135 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thursday Night "live" 2-15-07, Fact or Fiction?
SoulEspresso
post Feb 20 2007, 10:58 PM
Post #136

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 20 2007, 07:16 PM) [snapback]179679[/snapback]

Unfortunately, much of the world has a cynical view of TV ministries nowadays as illustrated in this song written nearly 15 years ago and heard by millions around the world. TV ministers would do well to listen up regardless of whether the allegations are true or not. You just can't be too careful.

LOL ... I had that song banging around in my head the other day, and I hadn't heard it in about that long, too ... "Get on your knees and start paying ..."

So, Garwin's paying for 3ABN's lawyers? (I'm slow ...)

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 20 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #137

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]179676[/snapback]

[/color]

Sam, that is what they want to do more than anything, it is people's lies and accusations that won't let them.

In a word... no...unless of course you are alluding to the lies and accusations being slung by you and others that are like minded.

By ignoring the accusations they were judged to be guilty, why else would they not speak up. Now they have started to speak out in defense and they are accused of trashing and bringing attention to the websites.

This is a lie... they are judged guilty because they have been claiming to have "proof" of their allegations against Linda Shelton time and again and have yet to produce it... and don't give me that claptrap you've been spouting that you dont put it out because you are trying to save Linda embarassment; your actions have proven there is no truth in such claims

a person would have to be comatose to see that on a site like this they can't win for losing no matter what they do. That is why they don't make their decisions based on a small group that will always condemn, criticize and slander them regardless of what actions the ministry might take. When you can't win in a specific situation, you pray, you consult others with wisdom and you go forward the best you know how.

If what you have been doing since you came here is the 'best you know how', perhaps you'd better served to not speak at all... because the best you know how is causing DS damage with every post you make.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 20 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #138

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 20 2007, 11:16 PM) [snapback]179704[/snapback]

In a word... no...unless of course you are alluding to the lies and accusations being slung by you and others that are like minded.

This is a lie... they are judged guilty because they have been claiming to have "proof" of their allegations against Linda Shelton time and again and have yet to produce it... and don't give me that claptrap you've been spouting that you dont put it out because you are trying to save Linda embarassment; your actions have proven there is no truth in such claims
If what you have been doing since you came here is the 'best you know how', perhaps you'd better served to not speak at all... because the best you know how is causing DS damage with every post you make.

In His service,
Mr. J

You know, Mr. J,

It just occurred to me. Maybe Bystander, wwjd, and Alethiea are actually moles opposed to Danny & Co's continued tenure at the channel. Every post they write serves to make the victims' accounts more credible, and/or those who question 3ABN more intelligent. dunno.gif

So thank you, notworthy.gif o contentious ones, for your Oscar-worthy role as the loyal opposition.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 20 2007, 11:44 PM
Post #139

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 21 2007, 05:36 AM) [snapback]179707[/snapback]

You know, Mr. J,

It just occurred to me. Maybe Bystander, wwjd, and Alethiea are actually moles opposed to Danny & Co's continued tenure at the channel. Every post they write serves to make the victims' accounts more credible, and/or those who question 3ABN more intelligent. dunno.gif

So thank you, notworthy.gif o contentious ones, for your Oscar-worthy role as the loyal opposition.

You might be right. They sure are not aiding Danny & Co. in the long run. If that is the case. may God bless their efforts!

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Feb 20 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #140

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 20 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]179704[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

I agree.
How can Linda be any more embarrased than she has been for the last approx 2 1/2 years? Per her letter posted recently Linda is ready for the truth to come out so she can move on with her life.

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Feb 21 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #141

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Feb 20 2007, 11:47 PM) [snapback]179709[/snapback]

I agree.
How can Linda be any more embarrased than she has been for the last approx 2 1/2 years? Per her letter posted recently Linda is ready for the truth to come out so she can move on with her life.

Danny Shelton, and all your friends on the board,

You are cordially invited to remove yourself from your position and to allow a free and open inquiry into all the questions that have emerged in the last 2 1/2 years. For the good of the ministry.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Johann
post Feb 25 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #142

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Feb 21 2007, 03:54 PM) [snapback]179741[/snapback]

Danny Shelton, and all your friends on the board,

You are cordially invited to remove yourself from your position and to allow a free and open inquiry into all the questions that have emerged in the last 2 1/2 years. For the good of the ministry.

Would they dare?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 16 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #143

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Johann @ Feb 25 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]180583[/snapback]

Would they dare?

To do so would be to admit to being wrong in their actions and attitudes. The question is, in my mind in any case is, are theey willing to man up and let the chips fall where they may? The record thus far, shows that they have not been. sad.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 21 2007, 10:04 PM
Post #144

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 15 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]178618[/snapback]

I on the otherhand don't share Sister's negative view or judgments...

I think it was a difficult subject to address, and they handled it beautifully. I would invite all to watch the repeat.

And would ask the same question to lurkers and readers here that was asked on the program tonight.
What are the fruits of 3ABN's ministry? and what are the fruits of her accusers?

They claim they are trying to save 3ABN, but their works deny that. They are trying to destroy the ministry, by slander, libel, by trying to get the 3ABN ministry taken off the air and cable stations, and by trying to block funding and donations...
I say let your conscience be your guide, and don't just judge based on one side of the story.
Walk away from rumors...

Follow the Lamb of God. He went thataway --------->

3abn airtime is not for the defending of those staff members that are contributing to the problem by what they have done in the past and what they are doing to this day. that is less than honorable. (i'm being extremely kind in my wording. ) nor is 3abn airtime for the extreme accusations and bashing of those who find fault with those individuals. the problem is not the ministry, itself. danny is NOT the ministry. granted he has spent a large part of his life working for this ministry but so has linda and others who have been discarded like old newpapers. 3abn is suppose to be for telling the world about "the undiluted 3 angels messages". i haven't seen much of that lately. do you actually think it is fair for linda to be given a gag order and for danny to go on worldwide television, with "his team" and trash anyone they want? that's not what 3abn is for.
if danny, walt thompson and others were sincere, upfront, honest and forthcoming with proof in their defense then it should be put in a newsletter to supporters. danny is using OUR airtime to air his dirty laundry. so much has been wrong the past few years. i've cried all i can cry. i am so heart-broken. it's like being in a psycho movie. these people are not who i thought they were. none of these staff members are doing the right thing. evasion, evasion, evasion and accusing, accusing, accusing. it's wrong and must stop. you can't reason with them honestly because they won't be honest. i've personally tried and gotten no where. it's like any other business. the only thing that will affect them is stopping the money flow. i'm sure plenty have done that. then again, i think many keep supporting the ministry because it's about so much more than danny shelton's wrongdoings and his misfit relatives. it's not the ministry that should suffer! if danny, etal. loved the ministry like they constantly claim they do, then they wouldn't dangle it on the edge of a cliff this way. they'd get out of the way, let the ministry regain it's ground and resolve their personal issues on their own time. they are risking this ministry. Again folks, this is OUR airtime. this is GOD'S airtime. Not those who recieve the paychecks.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 21 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 06:09 PM) [snapback]179676[/snapback]

[/color]

Sam, that is what they want to do more than anything, it is people's lies and accusations that won't let them. OH MY, MY WIFE MADE ME MAD SO I BEAT HER. SHE MADE ME DO IT. By ignoring the accusations they were judged to be guilty, why else would they not speak up. LINDA WASN'T ALLOWED TO "SPEAK UP" Now they have started to speak out in defense and they are accused of trashing and bringing attention to the websites. THEY DID EXACTLY THAT. TRASHED! IT HAS BEEN A FRANTIC DEFENSE TACTIC, BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY ARE GUILTY OF SOME WRONGDOING... NOT SINCERE, NOT HUMBLE. a person would have to be comatose to see that on a site like this they can't win for losing no matter what they do. THAT IS SO REDICULOUS. IF CERTAIN STAFF MEMBERS WERE DOING WHAT GOD CALLED THEM TO DO IN THE MANNER IN WHICH THEY WERE CALLED, THEN PEOPLE WOULDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO "A SITE LIKE THIS". PEOPLE KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE 3ABN MINISTRY IS IMPORTANT TO US. That is why they don't make their decisions based on a small group that will always condemn, criticize and slander them regardless of what actions the ministry might take. WHAT DO THEY BASE THEIR DECISIONS ON? When you can't win in a specific situation, you pray, you consult others with wisdom and you go forward the best you know how. GOOD ADVICE. TOO BAD THEY HAVEN'T TAKEN THAT ROUTE.

This post has been edited by mozart: Mar 21 2007, 10:31 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 21 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #146

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Mozart,
You said:
these people are not who i thought they were. none of these staff members are doing the right thing. evasion, evasion, evasion and accusing, accusing, accusing. it's wrong and must stop. you can't reason with them honestly because they won't be honest.

I trust you are aware that there are many honest and hardworking employees and volunteers who work at 3abn. Not all are corrupt. Many are working sacrificially to support the ministry that they love. Some of them, like husbandoftheyear and Panama_Pete, bring us important information about both good and bad things happening at this ministry that God originally entrusted to Danny Shelton.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Mar 25 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #147

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 21 2007, 11:48 PM) [snapback]186941[/snapback]

Mozart,
You said:
I trust you are aware that there are many honest and hardworking employees and volunteers who work at 3abn. Not all are corrupt. Many are working sacrificially to support the ministry that they love. Some of them, like husbandoftheyear and Panama_Pete, bring us important information about both good and bad things happening at this ministry that God originally entrusted to Danny Shelton.

Wouldn't' it be more accurate to say originally entrusted to the "Sheltons"? As in Linda and Danny.

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 26 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #148

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Mar 25 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]187717[/snapback]

Wouldn't' it be more accurate to say originally entrusted to the "Sheltons"? As in Linda and Danny.

Yes, you are correct.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 27 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #149

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 21 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]186941[/snapback]

Mozart,
You said:

Good point PB. And I have no doubt that many of them there now are in serious prayer over this situation. We need to remember them. Many may be making decisions as we speak.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
mozart
post Mar 31 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #150

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 21 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]186941[/snapback]

Mozart,
You said:

i'm so sorry that i didn't make myself clear. i was only referring to those few who are a part of this fiasco. God bless all those who actually "work for the ministry". i apologise if i offended anyone. ( i knew what i meant doh.gif tongue.gif )

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church