Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12571&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:47:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thursday Night "live" 2-15-07, Fact or Fiction?
wwjd
post Feb 19 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 19 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]179401[/snapback]

If it's true that the lawyers are coping everything then maybe they are understanding where the truth lies. (And maybe realize taking this case is fruitless)

To the 14 lawyers out there reading all this, make sure you also read all the pinned areas. We really want you to be well informed about the truth.

Richard

Yes Richard, as one of the most succesful law firms in the country I know they will appreciate your foresite and advice. blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 19 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #122

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Successfulness in a law firm does not impress me, what impresses me is if they are honest. If they will take a case based on the truth, not whether or not they can win it.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]179418[/snapback]

Yes Richard, as one of the most succesful law firms in the country I know they will appreciate your foresite and advice. blink.gif

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 19 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 19 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]179424[/snapback]

Successfulness in a law firm does not impress me, what impresses me is if they are honest. If they will take a case based on the truth, not whether or not they can win it.

Maybe you should ask Garwin M. That question. He has used them for years and his integrity, that I know of, has never been questioned.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 19 2007, 09:31 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Well that answered that question. Thanks.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]179428[/snapback]

Maybe you should ask Garwin M. That question. He has used them for years and his integrity, that I know of, has never been questioned.

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Feb 19 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 19 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]179431[/snapback]

Well that answered that question. Thanks.

I guess it might have answered a couple of other questions too... blink.gif

This post has been edited by Snoopy: Feb 19 2007, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 19 2007, 11:50 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]179428[/snapback]

What would you think he would tell us, i would guess that he would say of course his lawyers are full of integrity, and guess what they most likely are just that.

BUT what if the lawyers are being feed false or half information, then it would not matter how full of integrity they were they would be making false moves. For that matter Garwin M. would be in the same boat.

So it goes back to danny's and tommy's word and their integrity, and at this point it is very clear to many and so clear to others that integrity is in severe doubt.

Erik

This post has been edited by erik: Feb 19 2007, 11:50 PM

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 20 2007, 12:15 AM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 19 2007, 06:38 PM) [snapback]179401[/snapback]

To the 14 lawyers out there reading all this, make sure you also read all the pinned areas. We really want you to be well informed about the truth.

Richard

I think the tribe has increased. There were 18 names listed on the letterhead.

+Quote Post
ida
post Feb 20 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #128

Member No.: 3,018

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 20 2007, 03:26 AM) [snapback]179428[/snapback]

I have never heard of his integrity. Could you explain, please?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Feb 20 2007, 07:23 AM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]179428[/snapback]

Garwin is not the person to ask.

I will remind you that one can access an attorney database that give a competance and integrity rating for licensed lawyers. Anyone who wants to know can find out. There is not need to speculate.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 20 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #130

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

I saw this program quite by accident Thursday night. I'd gone over to visit my mom. She always has 3ABN TV on. The part I remember best is when SQ gestured with her hands up and asked something like "why...all for what?" (referring to people on internet daring to question the innocence of certain people's actions within). I'd never heard of a forum on the internet that discussed such things as they were saying. So, I searched and found this forum...and the other one.

TV ministry scandals? Unheard of! I wonder why, after all the previous lessons learned from other scandals, TV ministers don't err on the side of caution, distancing themselves WIDELY from even the appearance of unfairness or unaccountability.

It made me wonder how far we've come (or gone) that we're not to question the actions or character of TV ministries. We know they (TV ministries) rely on us for public for support. The next morning, my mom--after sensing something was awry--changed her plans for a Trust donation to said organization. The whole purpose of the program that night backfired. What a shame.

Money and power. Not a good combination. Power often leads to corruption, and all the wealth in the world cannot help humanity forward. Can anyone actually imagine Moses, John the Baptist, or Jesus armed with the moneybags of Carnegie? Paul took his mission worldwide, and with very little support, as evidenced by his statement in Rom 1:8...."throughout the whole world."

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
husbandoftheyear
post Feb 20 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #131

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,078

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Feb 20 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]179665[/snapback]

TV ministry scandals? Unheard of! I wonder why, after all the previous lessons learned from other scandals, TV ministers don't err on the side of caution, distancing themselves WIDELY from even the appearance of unfairness or unaccountability.

It made me wonder how far we've come (or gone) that we're not to question the actions or character of TV ministries. We know they (TV ministries) rely on us for public for support. The next morning, my mom--after sensing something was awry--changed her plans for a Trust donation to said organization. The whole purpose of the program that night backfired. What a shame.
snip...

welcome(1).gif

Nonchalant isn't it? All it does is make people go searching and they find BSDA.

(That's how I found it!)

--------------------
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 20 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #132

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

Welcome to BlackSDA LaurenceD. Thank you for giving us your independent opinion of what you observed Thursday evening and what has transpired since you and your mother watched the program.

As you can see there are many areas to explore on this website that you will find of value and many wonderful and supportive people to get to know.

Again, welcome.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Uncle Sam
post Feb 20 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,650

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 20 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]179669[/snapback]

welcome(1).gif

Nonchalant isn't it? All it does is make people go searching and they find BSDA.

(That's how I found it!)

That is how I found it too. I told Danny and Walt that they were the best advertisement that the web sites have. Apparently they didn't believe me. They both basically said that they are receiving counsel both ways, to either defend or keep quiet.

I go to a small country church, but my mother goes to a large church. She said she knows several in her church that have quit giving solely based on Danny and the live programs. They have not gotten on the internet but they say something isn't right so they have not been giving. I have shared very little about what is written here with anyone. I am waiting until I hear Linda's side before I can decide what I feel is true and what is not. I use to give money to 3ABN but I quit giving until I decide who is telling the truth. I pray that all of this can be resolved soon. If 3ABN is to stay they need to get back to what they say they were called to do and that is to spread the gospel.

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #134

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Feb 20 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]179671[/snapback]

If 3ABN is to stay they need to get back to what they say they were called to do and that is to spread the gospel.

Sam, that is what they want to do more than anything, it is people's lies and accusations that won't let them. By ignoring the accusations they were judged to be guilty, why else would they not speak up. Now they have started to speak out in defense and they are accused of trashing and bringing attention to the websites. a person would have to be comatose to see that on a site like this they can't win for losing no matter what they do. That is why they don't make their decisions based on a small group that will always condemn, criticize and slander them regardless of what actions the ministry might take. When you can't win in a specific situation, you pray, you consult others with wisdom and you go forward the best you know how.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Feb 20 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #135

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, much of the world has a cynical view of TV ministries nowadays as illustrated in this song written nearly 15 years ago and heard by millions around the world. TV ministers would do well to listen up regardless of whether the allegations are true or not. You just can't be too careful.

Like Uncle Sam, it's only right to stay unassuming until... But, we can't ignore the signs along the way. The truth cannot and will not remain hidden from the eyes of those who have acquired a more profound and perceptive wisdom.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:47 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church