Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12606&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:33 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Open Letter From Carol Shelton, Tommy's Wife
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 19 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

Well with my twisted humor I was thinking....oh never mind, I don't want to get in trouble....yet.

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]179422[/snapback]

Of course, since there is such a limited amount of people that know her personally. dunno.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ralph
post Feb 19 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

QUOTE(Chez @ Feb 19 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]179399[/snapback]

Carol had to have an inkling. I think that she didn't want to know that her husband was on the downlow. There were too many whispers and allegations. Don't you think taking boys on trips would have raised a red flag? I believe that the Spirit of God raised some questions to her; she just ignored them. God speaks in a still small. He usually doesn't scream at us.

There is a young man's prayer that goes something like this: "May be the kind of man that my mother thinks I am."

Sometimes a woman sees a man through glasses of love, respect and trusting. To the pure, all things are pure. I can think of a number of cases where a close relative was the last one to know that there was something amiss. Hindsight is 20/20, but foresight is not so clear.

And I am saddened when one family member is shunned because of the sins of another. But that is what sin is like; it not only hurts the one who is sinning, but has ripple effect that can be more closely compared to a Tsunami.

When there are issues of this magnitude, most people do not know how to approach it, so they just avoid the discussion, and may inadvertently avoid talking to the people who are really hurting.

There had to be a time when Carol did not know, and a time later on when she did know. I am not concerned just when the dawning of realization came. I am concerned about the emotional fallout, not only to the alleged perpetrator and the alleged victims, but to other people who, through no fault of their own, were caught in the middle of this mess.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]179422[/snapback]

Of course, since there is such a limited amount of people that know her personally. dunno.gif

wwjd,

I think anybody who reads Carol's letter can learn a lot about her and who she is. It's all there in black and white.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Lenni
post Feb 19 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 09:06 PM) [snapback]179416[/snapback]

This is a great example of how wrong someone's opinion is when they attempt to explain the motives and actions of a person they have never known. You have absolutely no knowledge of what Carol Shelton thinks, feels or acts in any given situation. If you did, you could never have wrote your "assessment" of her character. Again, another perfect example how most of you put your judgments on something or someone that you know nothing about and have had no experience with. This is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can have no valid opinions where you are completely ,ignorant ,of the facts. Proverbs 18:13 says: He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
Proverbs 18:6 a self-confident fool's lips bring contention, and his mouth invites a beating.
I, on the other hand of known Carol for many many years. The woman that you talk about giving herself wiggle room and painting herself as the victim and wounded wife could not get any further from the truth. The following comments from others are, again, ridiculous since they do not know her character or nature. As usual, She is nothing like the person that you depict. She is a wonderful, godly, spiritual person who has always treated others as she would like to be treated. She doesn't gossip, she doesn't look down on others, she is never judgmental and has nothing but love and concern for others. She is quiet, never draws attention to herself except for the love of Jesus that shines through her.
From someone who "truly Knows" her, my prayer is that we could all be like Carol.

So wwjd, you're the only one on this board who personally knows her???

I don't think so.................................

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]179422[/snapback]

It would be nice if this was proven to be Carol writing it. I am not convinced it's her.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 19 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]179455[/snapback]

It would be nice if this was proven to be Carol writing it. I am not convinced it's her.

What makes you unsure?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Lenni
post Feb 19 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 19 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]179455[/snapback]

I don't know?!?! wwjd knows Carol personally and didn't seem to question the letter's authenticity. As well as wwjd seems to know Carol, he would surely spot a forgery don't you think?

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 19 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Lenni @ Feb 19 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]179458[/snapback]

I don't know?!?! wwjd knows Carol personally and didn't seem to question the letter's authenticity. As well as wwjd seems to know Carol, he would surely spot a forgery don't you think?

I would NOT put any weight to what WWJD says or doesn't say.
It sounds more like Shelly Quinn. JMO.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Feb 19 2007, 10:33 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 19 2007, 10:32 PM
Post #24

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(wwjd @ Feb 19 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]179416[/snapback]

This is a great example of how wrong someone's opinion is when they attempt to explain the motives and actions of a person they have never known. You have absolutely no knowledge of what Carol Shelton thinks, feels or acts in any given situation. If you did, you could never have wrote your "assessment" of her character.

First of all, I stated it was my opinion... and never said you or anyone else had to agree.

Again, another perfect example how most of you put your judgments on something or someone that you know nothing about and have had no experience with. This is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can have no valid opinions where you are completely ,ignorant ,of the facts. Proverbs 18:13 says: He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
Proverbs 18:6 a self-confident fool's lips bring contention, and his mouth invites a beating.

Oh so now you are threatening to beat me? That, sir, is a beating I'm just gonna have to to take... assuming you are man enough to even try to cash the check your mouth wrote. Tell ya what... let me know what time your plane touches down at Dulles Airport and I'll pick you up. That work for you?

But you betta pack a lunch... because it's gonna be a loooooooooong day for you...

I, on the other hand of known Carol for many many years.

That's special...

The woman that you talk about giving herself wiggle room and painting herself as the victim and wounded wife could not get any further from the truth. The following comments from others are, again, ridiculous since they do not know her character or nature. As usual, She is nothing like the person that you depict. She is a wonderful, godly, spiritual person who has always treated others as she would like to be treated. She doesn't gossip, she doesn't look down on others, she is never judgmental and has nothing but love and concern for others. She is quiet, never draws attention to herself except for the love of Jesus that shines through her.
From someone who "truly Knows" her, my prayer is that we could all be like Carol.

Your argument is way short of compelling...you're gonna have to do better... all you have demonstrated is that you are prone to manifesting a lack of objectivity...

In His service,
Mr. J

This post has been edited by awesumtenor: Feb 20 2007, 08:01 AM

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Chez
post Feb 19 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,417

I feel sorry for Carol. Carol has been hurt by Tommy and IMO, she loves him. However, the man (she loves) loves boys. The intimate relationship(s) that he allegedly had (or has) with boys or young men should have been with Carol, his wife. Now the world knows what he has allegedly done. However, she has known longer than she would like to admit.

I had a friend who I was in denial about intellectually, but in my heart I knew that his preference was men. Intellectually, we can say "no", but the Spirit of God can tell us otherwise. It is up to us to acknowledge or ignore God's promptings. I believe that Carol did not want to admit or acknowledge, at first, what Tommy was doing. It was too painful. How could the man that she loved(s) and adored(s) do such things and profess to be a man of God? That's tough to fathom! We must keep Carol and her family in our prayers.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 19 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Chez @ Feb 19 2007, 08:37 PM) [snapback]179462[/snapback]

I feel sorry for Carol. Carol has been hurt by Tommy and IMO, she loves him. However, the man (she loves) loves boys. The intimate relationship(s) that he allegedly had (or has) with boys or young men should have been with Carol, his wife. Now the world knows what he has allegedly done. However, she has known longer than she would like to admit.

I had a friend who I was in denial about intellectually, but in my heart I knew that his preference was men. Intellectually, we can say "no", but the Spirit of God can tell us otherwise. It is up to us to acknowledge or ignore God's promptings. I believe that Carol did not want to admit or acknowledge, at first, what Tommy was doing. It was too painful. How could the man that she loved(s) and adored(s) do such things and profess to be a man of God? That's tough to fathom! We must keep Carol and her family in our prayers.

Amen

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 20 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 20 2007, 06:13 AM) [snapback]179473[/snapback]

Amen

Yes, I feel compassion for Carol, but what bothers me in her letter is that with all her preaching about unconditional love and so and so, she doesn't seem to have a word of compassion for her husband's victims.

In her letter, I read a lot about how she and her husband have been mistreated and victimized by her husband's accusers, but where's her compassion for her husband's victims?

And there's no way she could presently ignore the truth about what her husband did to the boys and young men.

In her letter, she seems to be totally centered on her and her husband. She plays victim and shows her husband as a victim, when he is the perpetrator.

So, after all, to me she doesn't seem to be so lovely, holy and compassionate at all. I still feel compassion for her, though and will pray for her. But I don't buy her arguments!

This post has been edited by Grace: Feb 20 2007, 03:22 AM

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 20 2007, 06:20 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

Does anybody really know what it is that the Church of God in Dunn Loring is looking into and investigating and why the letters from Tommy and Carol Shelton were sent?

In otherwords are they investigating Tommy Shelton, OR are they investigating the actions of their Pastor Glen Dryden???

I certainly don't know the facts here, and have many questions about what is not said, BUT....

From what has been posted it appears that Tommy Shelton was already investigated and disciplined by the Church of God -PAST TENSE.

"It appears" there has been no incidents reported or alleged since then, (and before you all freak out, check the dates in Tommy's letter, and on the save 3abn not @ 2007 website.)

Tommy and Carol's letters make perfect sense to me, *IF* they were being sent as a followup to the letter from the Attorneys to the Church of God concerning Pastor Glen Drydens of the Church of God's actions and agenda in the PRESENT TENSE, and the open letter he sent out after receiving that.

Of course I'm only interested in verifiable facts here, but I'm sure you can all continue to exercise your right to post your opinion of me, them, anyone, everyone or anything else, Instead -- as you choose. smile.gif

~ Aletheia

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Feb 20 2007, 07:54 AM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 20 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]179491[/snapback]

Yes, I feel compassion for Carol, but what bothers me in her letter is that with all her preaching about unconditional love and so and so, she doesn't seem to have a word of compassion for her husband's victims.
In her letter, she seems to be totally centered on her and her husband. She plays victim and shows her husband as a victim, when he is the perpetrator.

I must differ with the above perspective. The biggest victim in the situation happens to be the so-called perpetrator. We are ALL victims of sin. When a person succumbs to temptation, that individual falls prey to the wiles of the devil, thus becoming, in verity, a victim. The "perpetrator," being the most "at-fault" sinner in the situation, is thus the biggest victim.

In the sacrificial system, sacrifices were to be offered for "inadvertant" sins, or sins of "ignorance." There was no provision for "intentional" or "knowing" sin. Why? I believe it can only be because EVERY SIN is a sin of ignorance, in which we have fallen VICTIM to the devil. If we truly knew the truth, we would not choose to do those sins.

Unfortunately, the biggest victim is usually the biggest loser.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 20 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #30

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]179498[/snapback]

Of course I'm only interested in verifiable facts here, but I'm sure you can all continue to exercise your right to post your opinion of me, them, anyone, everyone or anything else, Instead -- as you choose. smile.gif

~ Aletheia

You keep telling this same lie over and over again. The fact remains that you are utterly lacking in objectivity; accepting the uncorroborated statements of one side without any verification whatsoever while rejecting the statements of the other side even when the proof you demand is given you.

Your only interest is in doing your level best to discredit the eyewitnesses and first hand accounts of assorted acts of malfeasance on the part of danny's camp... not by refuting facts but rather by ad hominem attacks.

How about you come up with some proof Cindy? How about your making a rebuttal with verifiable facts rather than tossing around disparaging innuendo and outright false speculation.

How about your living up to the same standard you demand of those you disagree with?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church