Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12606&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 04:38:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Open Letter From Carol Shelton, Tommy's Wife
Grace
post Feb 20 2007, 08:06 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Feb 20 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]179507[/snapback]

I must differ with the above perspective. The biggest victim in the situation happens to be the so-called perpetrator. We are ALL victims of sin. When a person succumbs to temptation, that individual falls prey to the wiles of the devil, thus becoming, in verity, a victim. The "perpetrator," being the most "at-fault" sinner in the situation, is thus the biggest victim.

In the sacrificial system, sacrifices were to be offered for "inadvertant" sins, or sins of "ignorance." There was no provision for "intentional" or "knowing" sin. Why? I believe it can only be because EVERY SIN is a sin of ignorance, in which we have fallen VICTIM to the devil. If we truly knew the truth, we would not choose to do those sins.

Unfortunately, the biggest victim is usually the biggest loser.

With a difference: one of them (properly called the victim) was victimized by the other (which we call the perpetrator for good reason); the perpetrator harmed the victim and in so doing he usually harmed himself and his family, but he is the one responsible. I don't like to have everything mixed up! And I don't know who's the biggest victim, I suppose it depends on each situation. But I really get angry when perpetrators play "victim" instead of taking their own reponsibility.

--------------------
Grace

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Feb 20 2007, 09:00 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 06:20 AM) [snapback]179498[/snapback]

Of course I'm only interested in verifiable facts here, but I'm sure you can all continue to exercise your right to post your opinion of me, them, anyone, everyone or anything else, Instead -- as you choose. smile.gif

~ Aletheia

We don't have to post our opinion of you, we have A_letheia at Yahoo to do that for you.

At Yahoo, a poster named A_letheia believes that the posts at BlackSda are as follows:

"Go to www.blacksda.com, and click on the 3abn forum
also Maritime. It's all one sided, and hypocritical, and evil surmisings for the most part."

As you can see, when it comes to exercising the right to post an opinion of other people, A_letheia at the Yahoo's Adventism_Prophecy forum is doing quite well in that department.

If A_letheia is correct, and you are constantly posting along with all of those "evil" surmisers at BlackSDA, that makes you an "evil" surmiser, yourself. You can see that, can't you? The more you post here, the more "evil" you become. Isn't that the premise of what A_letheia is saying about you?

Just saying, "Of course, I'm only interested in verifiable facts," doesn't insulate you and separate you from the other posters.

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 06:20 AM) [snapback]179498[/snapback]

In other words are they investigating Tommy Shelton, OR are they investigating the actions of their Pastor Glen Dryden???

I'm sure Glenn Dryden thanks you and your imagination for supplying that thought. By the way, Glenn is the correct spelling, not Glen.

+Quote Post
Carmel
post Feb 20 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2,870

So many words and not really much said...

Carol, you were quoting Proverbs few times.. go a little bit further and read what the 28:13 say..

He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mersy.

Isn't that easy?

Carmel

This post has been edited by Carmel: Feb 20 2007, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Feb 20 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #34

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

This is a discussion board. Opinions are always welcome here. No member has an obligation to respond to any question, or provide verifiable evidence of stated facts or opinion stated as facts, this includes scripture and EGW quotes.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Feb 20 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #35

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Grace @ Feb 20 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]179491[/snapback]

Yes, I feel compassion for Carol, but what bothers me in her letter is that with all her preaching about unconditional love and so and so, she doesn't seem to have a word of compassion for her husband's victims.

In her letter, I read a lot about how she and her husband have been mistreated and victimized by her husband's accusers, but where's her compassion for her husband's victims?

And there's no way she could presently ignore the truth about what her husband did to the boys and young men.

In her letter, she seems to be totally centered on her and her husband. She plays victim and shows her husband as a victim, when he is the perpetrator.

So, after all, to me she doesn't seem to be so lovely, holy and compassionate at all. I still feel compassion for her, though and will pray for her. But I don't buy her arguments!

I could not agree with you more.

She continues to volunteer to be a victim. Where is the responsibility.

Do we know if any professional counselling was allegedly received on any occasion that allegations arose and a career move was made? What professional counselor would allow her to retain this victim's cloke and blinders?

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 10:00 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 04:20 AM) [snapback]179498[/snapback]

Does anybody really know what it is that the Church of God in Dunn Loring is looking into and investigating and why the letters from Tommy and Carol Shelton were sent?

In otherwords are they investigating Tommy Shelton, OR are they investigating the actions of their Pastor Glen Dryden???

I certainly don't know the facts here, and have many questions about what is not said, BUT....

From what has been posted it appears that Tommy Shelton was already investigated and disciplined by the Church of God -PAST TENSE.

"It appears" there has been no incidents reported or alleged since then, (and before you all freak out, check the dates in Tommy's letter, and on the save 3abn not @ 2007 website.)

Tommy and Carol's letters make perfect sense to me, *IF* they were being sent as a followup to the letter from the Attorneys to the Church of God concerning Pastor Glen Drydens of the Church of God's actions and agenda in the PRESENT TENSE, and the open letter he sent out after receiving that.

Of course I'm only interested in verifiable facts here, but I'm sure you can all continue to exercise your right to post your opinion of me, them, anyone, everyone or anything else, Instead -- as you choose. smile.gif

~ Aletheia

Aletheia,

I am wondering when tommy was disciplined by the second church, i remember reading about the first church back in 1985, but never the second church.

Can you provide so proof of that action, thank you.

Secondly i have another question lots say for sake of discussion that the Glenn dryden is the worst person in the world that he is attacking tommy out of a huge jealousy How does this change facts of What Tommy did, I mean you act like Glenn was making tommy do all things that tommy has done.

YES, Alethiea we can say that Tommy's abuse of his position has A pastor is a FACT, there are now at least 7 written eyewitness accounts, add to the that Tommy and CArol in their own defense could not say that what the boys have said DID NOT happen 100%. Tommy did something, Period.

ERik

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Feb 20 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Feb 19 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]179426[/snapback]

Well with my twisted humor I was thinking....oh never mind, I don't want to get in trouble....yet.

I got it, Richard.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Feb 20 2007, 12:40 PM
Post #38

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 19 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]179392[/snapback]

It's always easier to blame the person that brought out the secret instead of the person doing wrong.

Nothing else to add...just gonna repeat this quote.....
QUOTE(husbandoftheyear @ Feb 19 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]179392[/snapback]

It's always easier to blame the person that brought out the secret instead of the person doing wrong.

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Feb 19 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]179453[/snapback]

wwjd,

I think anybody who reads Carol's letter can learn a lot about her and who she is. It's all there in black and white.

I beg to differ on your comment to wwjd. every post than each individual has written, has set a pattern of character in our minds about that person. If we were to meet that person face to face and spend time with them we might find they are completely opposite of the picture we have in our minds based on their posts. There is absolutely no way on earth you could know who a person is, what they think, what they feel or anything else based one written letter. WWJD said it all when he said the assumptions that you have made about Carol, from reading that letter, couldn't be farther from the truth. Now, can you possibly open your mind to think that wwjd, who has known her personally for many many years, should be listened to over, those of you, that have never met her, much less, spent time with her.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Feb 20 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]179567[/snapback]

I beg to differ on your comment to wwjd. every post than each individual has written, has set a pattern of character in our minds about that person. If we were to meet that person face to face and spend time with them we might find they are completely opposite of the picture we have in our minds based on their posts. snip......

Naw... I think the tone of your posts is a reflection of your character..... don't need to meet you or spend time with you to see what kind of person you are... or are not... God forbid I was a runaway slave seeking refuge at your place..... you would no doubt turn me in..... During WWII in Germany would you just "stand by" as jewish brothers, sisters, and children were turned in and sent to their deaths?

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 20 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #41

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(erik @ Feb 20 2007, 11:00 AM) [snapback]179527[/snapback]

Aletheia,
I am wondering when tommy was disciplined by the second church, i remember reading about the first church back in 1985, but never the second church.

Can you provide so proof of that action, thank you.
Secondly i have another question lots say for sake of discussion that the Glenn dryden is the worst person in the world that he is attacking tommy out of a huge jealousy How does this change facts of What Tommy did, I mean you act like Glenn was making tommy do all things that tommy has done.

YES, Alethiea we can say that Tommy's abuse of his position has A pastor is a FACT, there are now at least 7 written eyewitness accounts, add to the that Tommy and CArol in their own defense could not say that what the boys have said DID NOT happen 100%. Tommy did something, Period.
ERik

I don't know. I never said he was disciplined by a second Church. I don't even see any statements of "alleged" victims or problems talked about in a second Church. Do you?

All I know about all this is what has been posted. There's alot which to me remains unexplained and unanswered...

The only thing I know about is 1985, and something in 1991 as that was posted here and on save 3ABN. I believe that was all in Illinois.

The only thing I know for sure about the Dunn Loring Church of God is that Pastor Dryden is now there rehashing what happened in West Frankfort Illinois to his Church there.

--------------------
And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. .. in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Lev 19:12-18

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

+Quote Post
erik
post Feb 20 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]179572[/snapback]

I don't know. I never said he was disciplined by a second Church. I don't even see any statements of "alleged" victims or problems talked about in a second Church. Do you?

All I know about all this is what has been posted. There's alot which to me remains unexplained and unanswered...

The only thing I know about is 1985, and something in 1991 as that was posted here and on save 3ABN. I believe that was all in Illinois.

The only thing I know for sure about the Dunn Loring Church of God is that Pastor Dryden is now there rehashing what happened in West Frankfort Illinois to his Church there.

Aletheia,

I am sure you have read enough to know that The ezra church 70's, 80's, and the dunning church 90's are in two different locations. So i guess i am realy wondering at this point how much you have really read,a nd how much you have maybe written out a time line of things.

I agree there is lot that is unexplained, like why tommy and carol can not just say he did not do in simple short words.

ERik

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Feb 20 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #43

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]179567[/snapback]

I beg to differ on your comment to wwjd. every post than each individual has written, has set a pattern of character in our minds about that person. If we were to meet that person face to face and spend time with them we might find they are completely opposite of the picture we have in our minds based on their posts. There is absolutely no way on earth you could know who a person is, what they think, what they feel or anything else based one written letter. WWJD said it all when he said the assumptions that you have made about Carol, from reading that letter, couldn't be farther from the truth. Now, can you possibly open your mind to think that wwjd, who has known her personally for many many years, should be listened to over, those of you, that have never met her, much less, spent time with her.

Bystander,
Are you speaking to "you" in general or to "you" meaning specifically me, PeacefullyBewildered? If you are speaking to me specifically, I just don't know what you can base your post on because I have not posted any judgements or assumptions about Carol Shelton that could qualify as "farther from the truth".

I don't see how you can say that the lengthy letter from Carol S. didn't say a lot about who she is. Is wwjd saying that she misrepresented herself or she doesn't really have the feelings or think the thoughts she put down on paper? I would think that an affront to her!

Certainly there is more to Carol Shelton than what appears in that letter, but there is much there about the character and thoughts of the woman, IMO.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Feb 20 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 20 2007, 01:19 PM) [snapback]179572[/snapback]

He wasn't disciplined by a second church. As posted sometime ago, there were no allegations of any kind in the Dunloring church. The congregation was very sad when he left and would have loved for him to stay on. There were no rumors, allegations, or anything in question at all until Glenn Dryden became the pastor there. Odd isn't it?

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Feb 20 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Bystander @ Feb 20 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]179583[/snapback]

He wasn't disciplined by a second church. As posted sometime ago, there were no allegations of any kind in the Dunloring church. The congregation was very sad when he left and would have loved for him to stay on. There were no rumors, allegations, or anything in question at all until Glenn Dryden became the pastor there. Odd isn't it?

It is amazing to me that Bystander not only knows what everyone thinks at 3ABN, but now he claims to know that the congregation in Virginia was "very sad when he left and would have loved for him to stay on" , and that there were "no rumors".

Bystander, how do you know how the people in Virginia felt or thought?

How do you know there were no rumors?

Who told you everyone was so happy with Tommy as a pastor?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 03:38 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church