Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12638&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:23 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Calls For Day Of Fasting And Prayer., How to "repent" without repenting.
Seraphim7
post Feb 21 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #16

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

My question is, are these "Fasting and Prayer" sessions mandatory?

Is this noted somewhere in the employee contract that each person must sign?

How can any company "legally" require people, who may not even be christians or attend church at all, to participate in "corporate worship"?

Is this even constitutional?

See an EEOC rep should be asked to attend... or better still I'd ask my attorney to come along just so he can see what folks are "required" to do. spoton.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 21 2007, 10:39 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 21 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #17

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Does anyone here remember David Koresh, Jim Jones, or Baghwan Shree Rahjneesh? scratchchin.gif

--------------------

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Feb 21 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 21 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]179911[/snapback]

Does anyone here remember David Koresh, Jim Jones, or Baghwan Shree Rahjneesh? scratchchin.gif

I don't know how to say my feeling on this very well...I have been thinking about it since getting home and seeing this new topic started. Given all that has led up to this time, and now this announcement of this "fast and prayer time", I don't mean to sound negative, but I can't help but have very creepy feeling about this new move they are making.

Thank you Mr. J for your post. I will be praying as well tomorrow. I take great comfort in the fact that God is still in control, He knows just what is going on and why. He knows each persons heart and motive. There is nothing in mankind He has not seen before and nothing surprises Him.

I keep in mind that there will be many things we will witness on this earth where sin is concerned that will be why it will rise no more in heaven. It is something to contemplate when you realize it has to be so ugly and toxic that no person would want to make that choice again, knowing how much pain it causes. Just thinking through my fingertips....

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Lee
post Feb 21 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Does anyone here remember how to talk like a Christian?

This thread is a shame to true Christian love and courtesy. You take an assumption, then believe it as gospel truth.

3ABN is no more a cult or Koresh compound than the pope is SDA! Get a grip people. GET A GRIP on yourselves.

Of course 3ABN has not made this solemn time of fasting and prayer manditory. Has anyone bothered to find out by asking them? Of course not or you'd not be saying these things.

In the Name of the Lord God of Heaven, please STOP IT!

+Quote Post
Aletheia
post Feb 21 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,621

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 21 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]179910[/snapback]

My question is, are these "Fasting and Prayer" sessions mandatory?

Is this noted somewhere in the employee contract that each person must sign?

How can any company "legally" require people, who may not even be christians or attend church at all, to participate in "corporate worship"?

See an EEOC rep should be asked to attend... or better still I'd ask my attorney to come along just so he can see what folks are "required" to do. spoton.gif

It was a REQUEST and it wasn't meant to be posted here.

Is nothing sacred to you all, or worth commending in the planned day of fasting and prayer?

I don't even know what to say to the negative and unloving replies here. I really am shocked, and I thought I was past that here.

I will be praying tomorrow also, first that the Lord will show me the truth of myself and help me to search out, and get rid of whatever is not pleasing to him and then I will pray for those at 3ABN, and you all. And that the Lord's will be done.

It's very hard not to love someone when you lift them up in prayer.

This post has been edited by Aletheia: Feb 21 2007, 11:43 PM

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Feb 21 2007, 11:47 PM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Aletheia @ Feb 22 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]179917[/snapback]

It was a REQUEST and it wasn't meant to be posted here.

Is nothing sacred or worth commending here?

I don't even know what to say to the negative and unloving replies here. I really am shocked and I thought I was past that here.

I will be praying tomorrow also, first that the Lord will show me the truth of myself and help me to searh out, and get rid of whatever is not pleasing to him and then I will pray for those at 3ABN, and you all.

It's very hard not to love someone when you lift them up in prayer.

Cindy, you have spent the last 3 weeks trying to justify Tommy's extramarital homosexual proclivities and exploitations ... so you don't get to get indignant.

Your trying to paint Tommy's victims as consenting partners tops the list for negative and unloving replies... and given that you continue to try to discredit those very victims... it's plain you arent past anything at all... so don't whine when you reap what you have sown.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 21 2007, 11:48 PM
Post #22

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Feb 22 2007, 12:26 AM) [snapback]179915[/snapback]

I don't know how to say my feeling on this very well...I have been thinking about it since getting home and seeing this new topic started. Given all that has led up to this time, and now this announcement of this "fast and prayer time", I don't mean to sound negative, but I can't help but have very creepy feeling about this new move they are making.

Thank you Mr. J for your post. I will be praying as well tomorrow. I take great comfort in the fact that God is still in control, He knows just what is going on and why. He knows each persons heart and motive. There is nothing in mankind He has not seen before and nothing surprises Him.

I keep in mind that there will be many things we will witness on this earth where sin is concerned that will be why it will rise no more in heaven. It is something to contemplate when you realize it has to be so ugly and toxic that no person would want to make that choice again, knowing how much pain it causes. Just thinking through my fingertips....

Maybe you meant to respond to a post by awesumtenor aka Mr. J. giggle.gif

seraph|m is am Mrs. J. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 22 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

QUOTE(seraph|m @ Feb 21 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]179910[/snapback]

Where on earth do you come up with this stuff? It is unbelievable. Anyone that wants to can join with fasting and prayer, just like churches that take a day and invite their members to do so. Either your imagination has completely gotten out of control, or, you do this on purpose just to plant your spoiled seeds.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 22 2007, 12:48 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Feb 21 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]179859[/snapback]

This specifically says that it will include 10 department heads. Does that eliminate Danny, Mollie or others or are we to assume they are there "in spirit"?

What does it matter who is there and who isn't? This is pathetic when a ministry can't have a day of fasting and prayer without this group tearing it down. Haven't any of your churches done this? Don't any other adventist ministries do this? I am sure there will be many employees participating with fasting and prayer in their work places, as well as families of the employees there. How can you make fun of something like that. How can someone say I see a trick in this. You all have gone way to far when you make judgments on those in prayer and fasting. It is wrong. Maybe now, many lurkers will see the real "spirit" of this place.

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Feb 22 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 21 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]179853[/snapback]

A friend sent me the following.

It sounds real good until it starts talking about trying to find the enemy within. My guess is that that's HOTY.

Satan's attack? Web of lies?

Prayer Requests February 21
[i]Special Request

[color=#3333FF]God has impressed 3ABN’s administrative staff that we need to call for a day of fasting and prayer to seek His face. This special season of prayer has been scheduled for:

Just when we think that you can't scrape any lower, you succeed. in doing so. Why would you post something like this? How and why would you take a simple day of prayer, fasting and worship and try to turn it into something bad and evil. All Ministries that I know of set aside days for this purpose. Most churches that I know of do so as well. This shows how desperate you have become for dirt. Your insinuations towards this day proves how willing you are to judge the hearts and motives of people you don't even know. Really, we should be glad that you did this. People that are wondering about all this stuff will see the attitude and motives that are behind what you are doing. You have crossed many lines where 3abn is concerned but this time you have crossed God's line. He has ask us in his word to come to him in fasting and prayer. "where two or three are gathered"...you know the rest. You have shown those who are watching your little show that everyone can fast and pray except for 3ABN. Unbelievable.

+Quote Post
Grace
post Feb 22 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,708

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Feb 22 2007, 04:38 AM) [snapback]179904[/snapback]

GMT minus 1 is 5 hours ahead of Central Standard Time.

In His service,
Mr. J

Thank you, Mr. J! And Thank you also, PB!

Blessings!

--------------------
Grace

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Feb 22 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

A day of fasting and prayer is only eight hours? Just during a normal business day? What a great sacifice.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 21 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]179853[/snapback]

It sounds real good until it starts talking about trying to find the enemy within. My guess is that that's HOTY.

Special Request

God has impressed 3ABN’s administrative staff that we need to call for a day of fasting and prayer to seek His face. This special season of prayer has been scheduled for:

Thursday, February 22, 2007, 9:30am—4:30pm

Ten department heads will be gathering together at the Thompsonville Church to fast and pray during those hours—an Upper Room experience, if you will. 3ABN’s Board of Directors, and leaders of several other ministries will be joining us in spirit in this effort.

We will alternate between group and individual prayer time for those seven hours. Our prayer focus will begin with repentance, consecration and a desire for united hearts (specifically to be one in spirit with the Lord, operating by the mind of Christ). We will be praying for the Holy Spirit to fall upon us as He did on the day of Pentecost. Our goal is to seek God’s guidance—asking Him to outline our plan of defense against Satan’s attack, praying for Him to root out the enemy from within (giving them a change of heart and possibility of restoration), asking for ministry direction, praying for funds, and asking God’s protection over the spiritual babes He has brought into the fold through 3ABN’s ministry (that their faith will not be destroyed, and they will not be snared by the web of lies Satan is weaving).

Pray the Lord to cause us to hear His still, small voice, making clear His will for the direction we should take, as King Jehoshaphat did in 2 Chronicles, chapter 20, when—surrounded by his enemies (that God did not permit him to destroy)—he proclaimed a fast in all Judah, and assembled the people for prayer. We will look to the Lord for all the answers, and trust He will provide the plan for victory!

+Quote Post
Denny
post Feb 22 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Pickle @ Feb 21 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]179853[/snapback]

Special Request

God has impressed 3ABN’s administrative staff that we need to call for a day of fasting and prayer to seek His face. This special season of prayer has been scheduled for:

Thursday, February 22, 2007, 9:30am—4:30pm

Ten department heads will be gathering together at the Thompsonville Church to fast and pray during those hours—an Upper Room experience, if you will. 3ABN’s Board of Directors, and leaders of several other ministries will be joining us in spirit in this effort.

We will alternate between group and individual prayer time for those seven hours. Our prayer focus will begin with repentance, consecration and a desire for united hearts (specifically to be one in spirit with the Lord, operating by the mind of Christ). We will be praying for the Holy Spirit to fall upon us as He did on the day of Pentecost. Our goal is to seek God’s guidance—asking Him to outline our plan of defense against Satan’s attack, praying for Him to root out the enemy from within (giving them a change of heart and possibility of restoration), asking for ministry direction, praying for funds, and asking God’s protection over the spiritual babes He has brought into the fold through 3ABN’s ministry (that their faith will not be destroyed, and they will not be snared by the web of lies Satan is weaving).

Pray the Lord to cause us to hear His still, small voice, making clear His will for the direction we should take, as King Jehoshaphat did in 2 Chronicles, chapter 20, when—surrounded by his enemies (that God did not permit him to destroy)—he proclaimed a fast in all Judah, and assembled the people for prayer. We will look to the Lord for all the answers, and trust He will provide the plan for victory!

If they genuinely mean this they should have invited the former Mrs Linda Shelton and all others they slagged off in public and private as per Jesus instruction in Matthew. One can't go to the alter when one has aught with one's brother or sister.......so they are wasting their time.

--------------------
Queen Den

March- Ok where is spring? ..

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Feb 22 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #29

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

I received a pm from someone, who may not be a from the US, who believes that 3ABN can do whatever they want regarding employees laws, racism etc. According to this pereson, they can do what they want because they are a non-profit religious org., so, the equal opportunity employment act does not apply to them. Not her exact words

doh.gif

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Feb 22 2007, 07:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Feb 22 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

All words in dark-red below are by 'wwjd' date='Feb 22 2007, 02:02 AM' post='179928':

Just when we think that you can't scrape any lower, you succeed. in doing so.

Isn't it a coincidence.... this is exactly what many of us think with each post that you write, and each pity-party that you hold.

Why would you post something like this?

I did not consult with each one here who posted, but it is most likely because they were each to polite to say what they really thought.

How and why would you take a simple day of prayer, fasting and worship and try to turn it into something bad and evil.

Because of scriptural principles.... that true prayer, fasting, and worship, cannot originate or be participated in by those with evil hearts.... which at least some in the group that announced this publicity event have sufficiently revealed so as to justify calling them evil.. for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaketh (or the keyboard typeth).

The Lord has this to say about those who engage in fasts while still living in their sins....

Cry loudly, do not hold back;
Raise your voice like a trumpet,
And declare to My people their (B)transgression
And to the house of Jacob their sins.

And he describes them thusly.... and do note how He moves into ironic tone.....

Yet they seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways,
As a nation that has done righteousness
And has not forsaken the ordinance of their God
They ask Me for just decisions,
They delight in the nearness of God.

And then repeats their question about why He seemingly does not hear or even notice them.....

'Why have we fasted and You do not see?
Why have we humbled ourselves and You do not notice?'

And then answering their question....very directly and in detail....

Behold, on the day of your fast you find your desire,
And drive hard all your workers.
Behold, you fast for contention and strife and to strike with a wicked fist
You do not fast like you do today to make your voice heard on high.

And then God moves to question mode again... first challenging what they call a "fast"....

Is it a fast like this which I choose, a day for a man to humble himself?
Is it for bowing one's head like a reed
And for spreading out sackcloth and ashes as a bed?
Will you call this a fast, even an acceptable day to the LORD?

And next, still in question mode, but describing what He, God, considers an acceptable "fast"....

Is this not the fast which I choose,
To loosen the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the bands of the yoke,
And to let the oppressed go free
And break every yoke?

Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry
And bring the homeless poor into the house;
When you see the naked, to cover him;
And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

And only after all of this does God begin to mention the blessings that will follow.... and note the "if/then" conditions set forth.... first the implied "if all of the above"....

Then your light will break out like the dawn,
And your recovery will speedily spring forth;
And your righteousness will go before you;
The glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
Then you will call, and the LORD will answer;
You will cry, and He will say, 'Here I am '
If you remove the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness
And if you give yourself to the hungry
And satisfy the desire of the afflicted

And do not, I adjure you by the Living God, turn this around to say that God is speaking of those of us who point out wickedness... for in the very first verse He has plainly commanded us to do just that.

It is to YOU he is speaking, Danny Shelton and all other leaders of 3abn, who gather in pity parties and "tut tut" your wagging tongues over those who are exposing your perfidies.

FIRST.... "remove the yoke" from your workers... and your ex-workers

FIRST.... stop falsely "speaking wickedness" against those who are innocent of your charges.... including and especially your ex-workers.

FIRST.... "satisfy the desire of the afflicted"... those YOU have afflicted... for freedom from your continued attacks and freedom from fear of what you have threatened and demonstrated by your doing in the past against them.

THEN.... and only then.... can you expect the blessing of the Lord as He goes on to promise....

Then your light will rise in darkness
And your gloom will become like midday.
And the LORD will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places,
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

Until you have satisfied the conditions... do not complain if we refuse to call evil good and call your announced day of "fasting and pray" anything other than an additional abomination unto the Lord.

All Ministries that I know of set aside days for this purpose. Most churches that I know of do so as well. This shows how desperate you have become for dirt.

This shows how desperate you have become for defense... but save it, can it, put it away.... pretense is no defence when it comes to dealing with the LORD himself.

Your insinuations towards this day proves how willing you are to judge the hearts and motives of people you don't even know.

Give it up.... your actions through the years have more than provided us with evidence of your characters... we don't have to look on the inside to know what is there.... "out of the abundance of the heart"..... etc.

Really, we should be glad that you did this. People that are wondering about all this stuff will see the attitude and motives that are behind what you are doing. You have crossed many lines where 3abn is concerned but this time you have crossed God's line. He has ask us in his word to come to him in fasting and prayer. "where two or three are gathered"...you know the rest. You have shown those who are watching your little show that everyone can fast and pray except for 3ABN. Unbelievable....

Not even a "good try", dannyscribe..... As I have shown... God himself has very negative things to say about those who fast and pray while at the same time doing wickedly.

And while yes, there are times when he mentions "fasting and prayer" as being needed.... there are also times when he says his people's prayers are an abomination. There are times when He says plainly there are things that we should NOT pray for.

And don't consider that "two or three" as any magic incantation.... Our God is not a God who depends on numbers. God and ONE human is a majority.... Actually, God Himself, by Himself, is a majority, and fully able to act on his own cognizance.

So save the weeping, wailing, sackcloth and ashes, and crying aloud on the streetcorners.....

Ain't none of it workin here.... thumbdown.gif

This post has been edited by watchbird: Feb 22 2007, 07:58 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church