Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12656&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:32 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Alleged Victims Of Tommy Shelton? 25+?, Rough Draft of List of Alleged Victims/Timeline
PeacefulBe
post Mar 16 2007, 12:01 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 16 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]185724[/snapback]

aren't there some allegations from Virginia?

Clay,

Yes there are allegations in VA. TS and 3abn's response?

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry172694

I hope the church in Virginia hasn't been so intimidated that they will back off. Those alleged victims need to take the steps forward that will help them find healing, IMO.

PB

Noahswife,

It's great to know the "rest of the story" finally, isn't it! While 18 months isn't a very long sentence, it still won't be a walk in the park. I hope all of the frat party boys will hear of this case and take it to heart before they do anything like this guy did.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 16 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 16 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]185728[/snapback]

Noahswife,

It's great to know the "rest of the story" finally, isn't it! While 18 months isn't a very long sentence, it still won't be a walk in the park. I hope all of the frat party boys will hear of this case and take it to heart before they do anything like this guy did.

PB

PB~

Since there will be those who will not read the prior story, here is a quote:

On Jan. 4, 2006, Beebe was arrested in Las Vegas.

There is no statute of limitations on felonies in Virginia, and with Beebe's written confession, it appeared to be an open-and-shut case.

Except Beebe, facing a sentence of life in prison, suddenly denied raping Seccuro.

She couldn't believe it.

They were headed for trial.

• • •

She began to receive e-mails and letters, many from Christians condemning her for pressing charges, admonishing her to forgive.

But she had forgiven Beebe. Couldn't she forgive and still want justice?

Her panic attacks returned. Some friends stopped calling. She suffered a miscarriage while nervously awaiting Beebe's arrest.

It seemed Beebe was hurting her again.

and

In the end Beebe pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated sexual battery and the other charges were dropped. I do not want anyone to think he only received 18 months for rape despite his confession.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 08:34 PM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Mar 16 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]185732[/snapback]

PB~

Since there will be those who will not read the prior story, here is a quote:

On Jan. 4, 2006, Beebe was arrested in Las Vegas.

There is no statute of limitations on felonies in Virginia, and with Beebe's written confession, it appeared to be an open-and-shut case.

Except Beebe, facing a sentence of life in prison, suddenly denied raping Seccuro.

She couldn't believe it.

They were headed for trial.

• • •

She began to receive e-mails and letters, many from Christians condemning her for pressing charges, admonishing her to forgive.

But she had forgiven Beebe. Couldn't she forgive and still want justice?

Her panic attacks returned. Some friends stopped calling. She suffered a miscarriage while nervously awaiting Beebe's arrest.

It seemed Beebe was hurting her again.

and

In the end Beebe pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated sexual battery and the other charges were dropped. I do not want anyone to think he only received 18 months for rape despite his confession.

nw

bump.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Mar 17 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #19

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

bump....

snack.gif

Actually...can this be pinned?

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 17 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #20

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Mar 17 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]186023[/snapback]

bump....

snack.gif

Actually...can this be pinned?

It should be!

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 2 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #21

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

There has been a lot of spin regarding consent and the ages of alleged victims of TS. Bob posted this at another forum today and I know I may have missed something before, but this is the most specific age I have read thus far:

The New Years' tribute to Tommy occurred right as Duane Clem was deciding to come forward.

On January 24-26, right as a statement containing distortions and falsehoods was released and publicized, another alleged victim came forward, this one claiming to be 8 years old at the time.

Time will reveal another providence.

http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.ph...p;postcount=240

Note to self......take anti-emetic before reading anything more about TS.......

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 2 2007, 10:04 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 2 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Yes, the son of Mom in Pain #1 claims to have been 8 at the time. Roger Clem claims to have been 16. Brad Dunning claims to have been around 14 at the time he was propositioned.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 2 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 2 2007, 09:11 AM) [snapback]189516[/snapback]

Yes, the son of Mom in Pain #1 claims to have been 8 at the time. Roger Clem claims to have been 16. Brad Dunning claims to have been around 14 at the time he was propositioned.

So, there are at least three alleged victims that put Tommy Shelton into the category of alleged child molester-pedophile-child sexual predator per the State of Illinois.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 2 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #24

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 2 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]189555[/snapback]

So, there are at least three alleged victims that put Tommy Shelton into the category of alleged child molester-pedophile-child sexual predator per the State of Illinois.

Will the authorities ever be notified? As long as nobody tells, other children are at risk. sad.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post Apr 3 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #25

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Member No.: 712

....and it won't "change" until it is somebody's "important" child.

Sorry.

...but you know what I'm saying....
sadwalk.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Apr 5 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 16 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]185728[/snapback]

Clay,

Yes there are allegations in VA. TS and 3abn's response?

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry172694

I hope the church in Virginia hasn't been so intimidated that they will back off. Those alleged victims need to take the steps forward that will help them find healing, IMO.

PB

It sure has been a while since there has been any information about the VA allegations. I pray that during the silence the victims are receiving support and a plan is in the works to file charges.

After the threatening letter was sent from TS/DS/3ABN, someone mentioned collecting money to help support the victims and the church. If anyone from the VA area knows how we can help, please let us know. We must continue to lift the entire situation up in prayer.

Like it has been said over and over, if TS is not guilty, why would he send a threatening letter?

Why would he write an open letter, without denying any of the allegations? Review the following post:

http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=179087

Why would he only focus on the attacks against him and his family?

For six years no one has questioned my Christian experience…

Why would he focus on how he has been the last 6 years? If he is innocent, why not talk about the last 25 years?

….and actually for the six years prior, when I was with you all, you didn’t question it either. In fact, the vast majority of you sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit in our services, you told me that you learned and were drawn closer to God through our ministry there.

Again, this has nothing to do with anything. Only trying to spin the focus of everyone and try to use the Holy Spirit to support his statement. Very dangerous!

I’m not saying that I wasn’t human – not saying that I didn’t have issues that I struggled with – not saying that I didn’t make mistakes – or never miscommunicated something etc. but I was not a sexually immoral person. Check back to what you felt in your own spirit while we were there.

So, the members of the church in VA should have felt something in their own spirit? Again, deflect the focus to what others should have felt. How would this feel?

This is the only thing I can find that resembles a denial. I wonder what TS’s definition of “sexually immoral” is. Should we ask Bill Clinton for his input?

In addition to my ruination in the Church of God, I have also been ruined in the Seventh-Day-Adventist Church…I can never preach, teach, sing or play in the Church of God or Adventist church again at this point. …because of the pressure…from the scandalizing on the internet, it was necessary for me to leave my job because of the stress…

Continuing to turn the video camera and focus on how he is being victimized.

As I see it, The Church at Dunn Loring has only one biblical avenue to pursue. The church cannot bring reconciliation between my accusers and me. That can only be accomplished between them and me, and both parties have to want it. …The only biblical avenue for the church to take is, II Corinthians 2:6-8, and that is where it must end – now…

Now he is giving the steps that need to be taken for reconciliation. He fails to mention that the accusation is a crime. An innocent man would be very transparent about everything.

One last thought, let’s say I’m innocent, or I am forgiven…….at whose hand will the blood of those souls that may have been saved under my continued ministry, be required? I would fear to be the one who shut down the ministry of one whose fruit in the past 20 years show he was used of God in some measure whether great or small.

Does innocent = forgiven? Thank God this is possible from an eternal perspective. However, this does not apply criminally.

Don’t wrestle with guilty or innocent, just determine to follow I Corinthians 5 to it’s completion in II Corinthians 2:6-8 – not just in this matter but in every situation that you may face in the future.

How convenient – At least he is not hiding the spin and deflection. Once again, he has turned the camera off of him and focused on the actions of others. Then to end the letter, after all that he has went through, he is still able to give parting advice on how this can just all go away. Everyone should just forget about all of this. Is he trying to sound like Paul in his letters to the churches? Apostle Paul did everything he could do to focus on Jesus and not on himself.

Let’s be clear, for most of us, this will fade away into our memories, but what about the victims? What should they do?

We must continue to pray for the victims and also for TS.

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Apr 5 2007, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 5 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Whtz Happenin,

This is a very insightful set of observations! We can't forget about the victims. If we do we are as guilty as the one who violated them.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Observer
post Apr 5 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

A link has been placed here in BSDA that references a very long letter that Tommy Shelton is supposed to have written. It is much to long for my comments here. But, I will make a few on a small part of that letter.

For argument sake let’s say that every charge against me is true, how can he know that in the last 6 years I have not repented? The CCOG board has numbers of letters from people at 3ABN who worked with me every day who have testified to my Christian experience and walk with the Lord over these last many years. There has not been one rumor of any kind – sexual immorality, dishonesty, deceit or any other of the sins Glenn accuses me of. . . . I repeat, if it were all true – do we not believe in repentance and forgiveness? For six years no one has questioned my Christian experience . . . .

Tommy, I know nothing in regard to whether or not you have repented. So, I do not challenge you on that. In my theology, I am willing to say that you are forgiven. In fact, I am willing to say that you were forgiven before you repented! But, such repentance and forgiveness does not release one from consequences. The death of Christ on Calvary may have provided for all sins to be forgiven. But, in my thinking, that does not mean that eternal consequences will not come to those who reject that forgiveness, and do not repent. Again, I know nothing of your repentance, and I do not judge it. Even when one repents, there may be consequences in this life today. A repentant child molester should not work with children again. Note: I do not accuse you of being such. I am simply making a point—GM.

In fact, the vast majority of you sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit in our services, you told me that you learned and were drawn closer to God through our ministry there. I’m not saying that I wasn’t human – not saying that I didn’t have issues that I struggled with – not saying that I didn’t make mistakes – or never miscommunicated something etc. but I was not a sexually immoral person.

O. K. Tommy. You have acknowledged your humanity. I commend you for what you have acknowledged. I do not know what it means for you to say that you are not a sexually immoral person. In my thinking, one could fall into a sexual sin, and still honestly say that he was not sexually immoral--GM.

Also, I am not going to judge whether or not the Holy Spirit used you in the past to bring people to knowledge of our Lord. I do not know. I am willing to say that it may have happened. In addition, I am willing to say that God may be able to use you in the future. I neither know your past, nor do I know your future. Your future is between you and the Lord. While I do not know your past, I cannot say that evidence of the Holy Spirit using you in the past is evidence in regard to any specific that you may or may not have committed. God uses people who have sinned—GM.

One last thought, let’s say I’m innocent, or I am forgiven…….at whose hand will the blood of those souls that may have been saved under my continued ministry, be required? I would fear to be the one who shut down the ministry of one whose fruit in the past 20 years show he was used of God in some measure whether great or small.

Tommy, I do not know whether you are guilty of the allegations, or whether you are not guilty of them. But, you raised a question. So, in order to respond to you, let us say that you are both guilty and forgiven. Remember, I have already stated that I am willing to say that your sins were forgiven on the cross. It is inappropriate, and a lack of faith to suggest that the blood of souls that might have been saved will rest on people who you believe may shut you down. God is not dependent upon you. God may use you. But, if you fail God, the work of God will still go forward. God will still be able to save people whom you are unable to minister to. God will bring others in to take your place, and work for those people—GM.

Tommy, you mention the hurt and pain that has come from all of this to your wife and children. My heart goes out to them. No one can even imagine the magnitude of that pain unless they have also gone through such. But, if there is hurt and pain, the responsibility for that rests upon you, if you are guilty. If, you are not guilty, the responsibility rests upon those who falsely accused you—GM.

Unfortunately this mess appears to be irresolvable without the intervention of the civil authorities. Statements have been made that litigation is coming from more than one direction. I do not criticize any of the people who may litigate. In my theology, God has established civil governments, and they play a role in the lives of Christians. If litigation is what it takes to resolve these issues, than that is what it will take. In the mean time, I wish you well spiritually, and otherwise. God will be with you on whatever path you have to walk. I see much that is positive in you. But, I also suspect that you still have a rough road ahead of you. My prayer for you is that you will understand what God wants of you in this mess, and that you will be willing to follow that leading of God. If God calls you to action—do it—GM.

At the end of his letter, it was signed, as follows—GM.

Tommy Shelton

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
nice&smooth
post Apr 5 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,239

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Feb 23 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]180258[/snapback]

Timeline of Sexual Allegations of Tommy Shelton:

I could not find anywhere that listed all of the possible alleged victims of Tommy Shelton. I attempted to list them all below in order to grasp the possible magnitude of the number of alleged victims. This is a rough draft and as more information is posted I will update and re-post.

- The allegations are from the AToday article, posts at BlackSDA.com, Maritime-sda-online.org and/or Christianforums.com.
Please review and provide missing information.

Mid 1970’s

#1 (or more) -Allegations - About 30 year’s ago - Walt Thompson

Nineteen Eighty’s

#2 - 1982-83 School Year - Allegation by BD

#3 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#4 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#5 - Allegations of “three other boys”

#6 - October 1984 - Seen w/ one boy - Avery - (Possibly one of “three other boys”)

#7 - Allegation by Mother #1 of Victim - (Possibly one of “three other boys”)

#8 - Allegation by Mother of GH - (Possibly one of “three other boys”)

September 15, 1985 - Resigned as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

October 25, 1985 - Ordination Suspended

#9 - Late 1985/Early 1986 - Allegation by DC

June 1986 (Approx) - Hired as Pastor of Ezra Church of God (TS open letter)

#10 - Around 1988 - Allegation by RC

#11 - “Victims that have not come forward” - post by PJMusic
- “…at least 5 other victims I know of that have not come forward yet.” - post by D. Clem

#12 - (2) “Victims that have not come forward”

#13 - (3) “Victims that have not come forward”

#14 - (4) “Victims that have not come forward”

#15 (or more) - (5) “Victims that have not come forward”

- At least 6 boys were sexually abused - Assume #’s (2-15) include - Dryden

Nineteen Ninety’s

#16 (or more) - Early 1990’s prior to resigning from Ezra - Further Allegations (Atoday)

1991 - Resigns from Ezra Church of God

1991 – Hired by 3ABN as Production Manager (Atoday)

#17 - (1991- 1992) - Employee allegation (Atoday)

1992 (Aprox) - Fired by 3ABN

- Result of employee allegations (AToday)

1992 (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN to Promote 3ABN

- Traveled around by Bus singing and promoting

1995 - Hired as Assist. Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

1996 - Hired as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

- Further allegations during time at Dunn Loring (Atoday)

#18 - One minor at VA Church - Dryden

#19 - Adult #1 at VA Church - Dryden

#20 - Adult #2 at VA Church - Dryden

#21 - Misconduct at VA Church - Unrelated to other 3 - Dryden (Martime #82093)

Two Thousand’s

#22 - In 2000 - Family confronted - relationship with underage male (possibly #15) (Atoday)

#23 - 2000 - Family confronted - inappropriate relationship with son (Atoday)

2000 or (2002 - Atoday) - Resigned as Pastor of Dunn Loring Church of God

(2000- 2002) (Aprox) - Hired by 3ABN as Achieve Librarian

2001 - Surrendered Credentials to the Ministerial Council in VA (TS Open Letter)

June 2004 - Promoted by 3ABN to Programming Manager

December 2006 - Resigned from 3ABN

Notes:

a. Information about allegations in the 1970’s is not known [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

b. #’s 6, 7, and 8 may be included in “three other boys” [(-) 01/ (+) 00]

c. “Victims that have not come forward” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

d. “At least 6 boys were sexually abused” [(-) 00/ (+) ??]

e. Further Allegations in Early 1990’s may be included elsewhere [(-) 01/ (+) ??]

f. #’s 18 and 22 may be the same victim [(-) 01/ (+) 00]
Total number of alleged victims may be 23, as low as 19 or as high as an unknown number.

As if we needed more capers to dampen as well as taint Seventh Day Adventist?
Who needs to bash the Church? Tommy Shelton has done it for us!! Who's got the telephone number to CNN? This would make a great human intrest story.
scratchchin.gif

--------------------
2Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient of ourselfs to think any thing as of ourselves;
but our sufficiency is of God

I freed a slave, I could have freed a hundred more if only they knew they were slaves - Harriet Tubman

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 5 2007, 01:02 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

nice&smooth,

If you want to contribute meaningfully to the discussion, please try to be informed before you post.

Tommy Shelton is not a Seventh-day Adventist. Where this taints the church is only where Adventists condone and protect his alleged behavior. And thus far that seems to only be coming from Sheltons, board members, and their relatives.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church