Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12871&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:34 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Expanding Coverage Areas And Success At Shiloh!
Lee
post Mar 11 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,957

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 11 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]184553[/snapback]

I can not and will not support this ministry. I care about the people it reaches, they will be reached one way or another as they are God's children. God has his hand on each one, just like on the rest of the people on this planet.

I believe Mrs. White tells us that if we are not doing God's work to reach souls, especially in the citites, that they won't be reached. She speaks of many dying with a longing to know Jesus and to know truth yet dying in ignorance. We have a work to do. We cannot just sit back and do nothing with the idea that God will do something.

God is all powerful but He has given us a great commission to reach those around us with the truth. That is exactly what 3ABN is doing, God uses faulty men and women like you and I to do His work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 11 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Lee @ Mar 11 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]184580[/snapback]

I believe Mrs. White tells us that if we are not doing God's work to reach souls, especially in the citites, that they won't be reached. She speaks of many dying with a longing to know Jesus and to know truth yet dying in ignorance. We have a work to do. We cannot just sit back and do nothing with the idea that God will do something.

God is all powerful but He has given us a great commission to reach those around us with the truth. That is exactly what 3ABN is doing, God uses faulty men and women like you and I to do His work.

Lee,

You would do well to remind Danny that those 600+ folks in Thompsonville are "around" you and need to be reached with the truth. If 3abn reaches out to Chicago with the message but ignores the needs right outside its doors that does not send a very good message to the world.

Please, if you have his ear, urge Danny to set pride aside and seek a coming together between him, his leadership and those in the community living beside this ministry.

I look forward to the day when wwjd, or you, or Bystander will start a thread with the good news that 3abn has begun to sow the seeds of forgiveness and restoration in the little town of Thompsonville!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 11 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #33

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

In all fairness, before we go off ona tirade.......I am sure some folks had the same reaction to David with ALL the difficulties he had throughout his reign......but that was not God's reaction, even when he was a murdering philanderer.......To my knowledge Danny has yet to murder someone. While I personally believe it best for the ministry that Danny step aside while this questions are answered, I do believe God is still using 3ABN to reach His children. Danny may have, like David, been chosen by God to raise up and lead 3ABN in spreading His gospel. However, also, like David, Danny's personal demons are following him every step of the way. Unlike David, Danny is not yet prepentant of his transgressions, but neither was David until God sent Nathan, right? He was going right along like everything was fine, ws he not? Now, unlike David those when God sent Danny's "Nathan"(people who are bringing his transgression to light. Afterall the promise int he Bible is that what is done int he dark will come to the light, it said nothing about how public or private that coming out will be), Danny is not repentant nearly as quickly. In fact he is not admitting any wrong doing at all. The thing I think most will not like about this is, like David, God may not choose to permanently remove Danny from 3ABN to fix the issues. Since his sins as also before the world, there, like David, he may have to do repentance before the world. As I said before, if Danny was really thinking of God's work, he would step aside and clear up all of the questions. It would spare him Jimmy Sawggart type of scene, or even the open highly repentance and consequences of David. I think that would be sign to most of his motives, or at least get him their respect.

Oh and just for the record, I do think there is a 'propoganda" tip to all of this, even the choosing of a black church at this particular time. Also, a "mother" church,a s it had been identified. i just know we have to consider more than that. God is not impressed with those who "use" His things for their own purposes. the transgressions are mounting up. I am impressed that this is only yet another in the string of convient baptisms, quickie divorces, hurried marriages, special weekends, call fasting and prayer meetings that have been used to bandaid the real issues . Unfortunately too many of us upon seeing th bandaid are no longer interested in curing the disease. However, only God knows and only He and Danny(by his choices) can control how this unfortunate situtaion is played out.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Mar 11 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #34

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Well said!

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]184560[/snapback]

In my past I made a decision about a relationship that my parents could not support. They withdrew all financial support from me but continued to support me with their prayers. Although it was a traumatic period in my life I appreciated the fact that they were acting on a principle that they strongly believed.

While the evidence is piling up that Danny and others in leadership positions at 3abn have made many inappropriate and devastating choices that have negatively impacted numerous lives, I believe that the ministry that God raised up still has at least a tenuous attachment to the Vine and is still producing some precious, good fruit among the rotten ones.

God knows and has His own timetable for 3abn. He knows every good and wicked thing that is and has been done there. He knows the hearts of each person involved in the ministry - from volunteers to employees, to leadership - and knows how best to deal with each one.

I believe it is appropriate to continue to pray for the ministry of 3abn, that God will clean out the rot, will trim the sickly branch and restore it to vibrant health.
I also continue to pray for the souls that have been damaged by the sinful choices of those in leadership as well as the souls of those leaders who remain in Satan's clutches.
This is an excellent point! I hope the message can get through to the ones who need to hear it most.
sonshineonme,

I agree that this thread was started as a form of propaganda. I think everyone who has their eyes open can see that. It is just my position that good can still come out of 3abn.

I am reminded of the testimony of Ivor Myers. As he and others drank and abused substances one Friday evening, a fellow partier, who had been raised SDA, shared thoughts from the Bible and The Great Controversy. They began throwing copies of the book out to the crowds during their rap concerts and eventually their journey evolved to where they were actually hearing God's voice and following the truth. One day we will know if any of the concert-goers joined that journey. One day we will all know how many came to Jesus by the 10 Commandments Meetings.

BTJMO

PB

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
lurker
post Mar 11 2007, 03:15 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I also hope 3ABN does well. I know Linda is still praying for it. I do question the information that someone has fed C.A. Murray about 3ABN not owing anything and about them spending all their money. He spoke of this at Shiloh. I do think C. A. is sincere. But we have gone over all this before. Not only is there the court case information: http://www.revenue.state.il.us/legalinform...s/pt/pt04-1.pdf
But there is the information from the 3ABN live program: http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?s...st&p=171343

This post has been edited by lurker: Mar 11 2007, 03:20 PM

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Mar 11 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #36

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

What I'm hearing said on here is that 3abn needs our prayers but not our financial support.

Personally I could never support it, nor encourage others too, with our funds knowing that the money is being used to fatten the pockets of Danny, his cronies and the Shelton family, (those still in his good graces). And no matter how much Danny repents as long as they are flying that jet they will never get a penny from me. (My pet peeve)

Richard

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 11 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #37

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Mar 11 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]184601[/snapback]

What I'm hearing said on here is that 3abn needs our prayers but not our financial support.

Personally I could never support it, nor encourage others too, with our funds knowing that the money is being used to fatten the pockets of Danny, his cronies and the Shelton family, (those still in his good graces). And no matter how much Danny repents as long as they are flying that jet they will never get a penny from me. (My pet peeve)

Richard

Ok, my further two cents.....ok twenty cents.

This has come up so many times in the 3abn forum, and I knew it would again with how this thread started. It really pushes those buttons on us, doesn't it? What to do, what to do...

I will never stop praying for people. I love people, I want more then anything in my soul for people to know the true and real LOVING God who wants more then anything for us to know Him!

We are humans participating in the great mission to help people find our God, the one that Satan does not want anyone to find or know. We have an opportunity to play a part, not only because it strengthens our own relationship with Him, as well as others, but because we learn a lot along the way.

So, does it matter HOW it's done? Yes, I think so.

Do the ends justify the means? NO.

Maybe I keep it too simple (Satan hates this method).

I believe that this is GOD'S WORK. We get to participate for many reasons, part of what I already stated. God uses everything that will accomplish that purpose. I do believe He has standards as well. I believe He has the right and excercises it as well, to bless more or less. He is God! He can and will do things His way, and I am so thankful for that assurance. OTOH, we are humans who have been given free will and choice. How we use it, abuse it, ignore it, whatever is something that is a result of our individual choices. Just like you have many people involved in one ministry (or organization), you can have many motives going on in that one place...as many people are there are, as many motives, agendas, selfish and otherwise.

So, what happens when you learn that a "ministry" or any organization is operating in a way that we all know God would not approve? Do you keep supporting it? Isn't that the million dollar question? Not only for us, but even for those closely connected to that ministry (i.e. employees, board members,etc). What to do....what to do....

TRUST. PRAYER. FAITH.

I trust that God is and will take care of this situation, like He has a million times in the worlds history. He WILL accomplish his WILL in this. We have no idea what all He will do...but I know He will do it.

I pray constantly that I will learn all I can from this, be what I can to others that are going thru so much because of this, and for those that will at some point have decisions to make because of this mess that DS has made. Again that includes employees, board members, family members, and those that have found the SDA church through 3abn. They all need to know it was a tool, nothing more nothing less. There are many tools in the shed and able to do the job. Do we not trust God on this???

I have faith that all things will work together. It's not the first time christians have made a mess of things, and won't be the last. Will my faith strengthen or grow weaker because of my fellow mans behavior? I hope that my faith becomes stronger because I learn to trust my God FIRST over any man or organization. Isn't that a major lesson in this?

The devil would have us stay in the muck and mull over every bit of it, if it keeps up from learning and moving forward and sharing so we grow....it's more then just about baptisms, good grief. It's about knowing God's love for us, that He is coming back, and that he wants a relationship with His children that He has known since the womb and adores....it's about learning to turn away from sin and seeking only His will. It's about understanding how evil and hateful the devil is and how he will stop at nothing to keep us from reaching our savior.

Satan has a strong creative side. He works from within because for some, that may be the only way he can ensnare them....I think he has done just that.

Everyone, lets let go of the fears that paralyze us from growing spiritually and in wisdom - we hurt ourselves by hanging on to that that deceives us, and lets grasp on to the Hand that is the only safety net. We have nothing to fear be realizing the cleverness of the devil, and to see what extremes the devil will go to keep us from knowing our God.

Satan has the perfect plan...are we falling for it? Are we willing to follow the Jews in having truth among us and not seeing it? Is it worth it to hold on to our conceptions of what we want to believe, in spite of what God reveals to us to open our eyes, and help us see the depths of sin?

There are many reasons why sin will rise no more....how bad does it have to get?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 11 2007, 04:48 PM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Mar 11 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

I'm sorry, pure proproganda and I hate that they went to Shiloh. I wonder how many times they have gone to black churches to televise their programs before this? I also think we get to caught up on the instrument. I recall a sermon entitled "Any ol ass will do" referring to Balaam's mule and the use of the donkey to get Balaam's attention. Jesus said he could have the rocks to cry out if necessary and the rocks are not favored by God. To me this past weekend means nothing-same crap different day.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 11 2007, 06:21 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Mar 11 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]184614[/snapback]

I'm sorry, pure proproganda and I hate that they went to Shiloh. I wonder how many times they have gone to black churches to televise their programs before this? I also think we get to caught up on the instrument. I recall a sermon entitled "Any ol ass will do" referring to Balaam's mule and the use of the donkey to get Balaam's attention. Jesus said he could have the rocks to cry out if necessary and the rocks are not favored by God. To me this past weekend means nothing-same crap different day.

Very perceptive. yes.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 11 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #40

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]184614[/snapback]

It has been my experience that black members don't know.... so in essence it is an untapped resource... by the time the folks find out, the checks have already been written and the money collected...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
wwjd
post Mar 12 2007, 09:32 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,794

[quote name='PeacefullyBewildered' date='Mar 11 2007, 12:51 PM' post='184560']

I agree that this thread was started as a form of propaganda. I think everyone who has their eyes open can see that. It is just my position that good can still come out of 3abn.

BTJMO
[/quote

Ahh, So, my motives for starting this thread have been judged, a conclusion made, and a statement of fact made with that conclusion. (or should I say opinion). That is consistent with the pattern established on bsda.

The truth is folks, that I had hoped that no matter what side you are on, that all could rejoice in the work that has been and is going to be, accomplished. These books have drawn, God only knows, how many people to Christ. The Shiloh church had many people, old and young alike that passed them out last year and even more so this year. How encouraging to see, that in this day and time, there are so many willing to go out on foot, to reach souls for Christ. I mistakenly thought "all" could rejoice in that.

Propaganda? Hardly. 3ABN has been guests, through the years, at hundreds of black churches. But, obviously, Shiloh was the center of attention since chicago is the location of their 10 commandment weekend.

It is sad that so many of you cannot praise God for souls, because of opinion, rumor and speculation. In fact, many of the stories are just out and out lies and define the "true" meaning of propaganda. Since I knew the Shelton parents well, and their children, I can testify to the falsehood of a number of stories that have been told here. That in itself, makes my opinion so much more valid, than a lot of people here, that have come to their conclusions, only by what they have heard or read here. Many of those here, that claim to be "in the know" only know a few of the Sheltons for a limited number of years. And to narrow it down more, most of them have not eyewitnessed anything. Are they or 3abn perfect? Absolutely not. Have they made mistakes like any mortals? Certainly. But not the ridiculous and out of control stories that have been told here.

To me, those that have arrived at their conclusions and judgments of 3abn, souly by what they have read here, should never, ever pronounce judgments on what you do not know. If I read stories on the internet or listen to gossip but I know nothing about the people involved personally, I have no credibility or validity as I lay down my "guilty verdict." Just common sense.

If you can't rejoice in soul saving campaigns, then you have buried yourselves too deep in other peoples propaganda to see the forest for the trees.

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]184614[/snapback]

Lots and lots of times. You probably should do some research yourself on the subject rather than just take what you read for gospel.

This post has been edited by wwjd: Mar 12 2007, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 12 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 12 2007, 08:32 AM) [snapback]184686[/snapback]

[/quote

Ahh, So, my motives for starting this thread have been judged, a conclusion made, and a statement of fact made with that conclusion. (or should I say opinion). That is consistent with the pattern established on bsda......

(edited - it doesn't need to be repeated)

Today you sound more like DS then usual....I would suggest you get the same therapy he needs. You obviously can not read and you clearly have no interest in anything but convulution and maninpulation. I am failrly certain you got just what you expected.

As for your credibility, you have none. Ever wonder why? My hope is that some day, you might finally understand why.

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Mar 12 2007, 10:46 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Mar 12 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Mar 12 2007, 11:52 AM) [snapback]184695[/snapback]

I am fairly certain you got just what you expected.

yes.gif

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Mar 12 2007, 09:56 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 12 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #44

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 11 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]184560[/snapback]

BTJMO

wwjd wrote:

Ahh, So, my motives for starting this thread have been judged, a conclusion made, and a statement of fact made with that conclusion. (or should I say opinion). That is consistent with the pattern established on bsda.

The truth is folks, that I had hoped that no matter what side you are on, that all could rejoice in the work that has been and is going to be, accomplished. These books have drawn, God only knows, how many people to Christ. The Shiloh church had many people, old and young alike that passed them out last year and even more so this year. How encouraging to see, that in this day and time, there are so many willing to go out on foot, to reach souls for Christ. I mistakenly thought "all" could rejoice in that.

If you will go back and read my posts after your comments, you will clearly see that I was rejoicing. Some of those posting after me actually took exception to me rejoicing as I did but I still believe that good is coming out of 3abn in spite of the problems with some in leadership. I do, however, stand by my opinion that what you and Lee posted at the beginning sounded a lot like propaganda or at least a bit of spin.

Propaganda? Hardly. 3ABN has been guests, through the years, at hundreds of black churches. But, obviously, Shiloh was the center of attention since chicago is the location of their 10 commandment weekend.

It is sad that so many of you cannot praise God for souls, because of opinion, rumor and speculation. In fact, many of the stories are just out and out lies and define the "true" meaning of propaganda.

I believe many of us here do praise God fo souls. Just go back and read the posts again.

Since I knew the Shelton parents well, and their children, I can testify to the falsehood of a number of stories that have been told here. That in itself, makes my opinion so much more valid, than a lot of people here, that have come to their conclusions, only by what they have heard or read here. Many of those here, that claim to be "in the know" only know a few of the Sheltons for a limited number of years. And to narrow it down more, most of them have not eyewitnessed anything. Are they or 3abn perfect? Absolutely not. Have they made mistakes like any mortals? Certainly. But not the ridiculous and out of control stories that have been told here.

To me, those that have arrived at their conclusions and judgments of 3abn, souly by what they have read here, should never, ever pronounce judgments on what you do not know. If I read stories on the internet or listen to gossip but I know nothing about the people involved personally, I have no credibility or validity as I lay down my "guilty verdict." Just common sense.

If you can't rejoice in soul saving campaigns, then you have buried yourselves too deep in other peoples propaganda to see the forest for the trees.

wwjd,

You claim that you can testify to the falsehood of a number of stories that have been told here on the 3abn Forum of BlackSDA.com. Are we supposed to agree that your opiinion is more valid than other first-hand witnesses simply because you say so? Without proof, it doesn't raise the validity of your opinion in my eyes at all.

Now, if you were to start a new Topic and list those things that you claim are lies and then provide verifiable proof from your experience with the Shelton family, I, for one, would be willing to read and evaluate your claims and then decide if your opinion is more valid as you state.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 12 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #45

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 12 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]184697[/snapback]

Now, if you were to start a new Topic and list those things that you claim are lies and then provide verifiable proof from your experience with the Shelton family, I, for one, would be willing to read and evaluate your claims and then decide if your opinion is more valid as you state.

But he cant do that and remain anonymous... and if we knew who he was, chances are we would see that he, by reason of the nature of his affiliation, lacks objectivity... not that his lack of objectivity has been a secret to date...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church