Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12871&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:51:36 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Expanding Coverage Areas And Success At Shiloh!
Clay
post Mar 12 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #46

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

humans cannot save another human's soul.... they can introduce them to Christ who has the ability and the qualifications to save....

never ceases to amaze me how we take credit for stuff we cannot do...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 12 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 12 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]184712[/snapback]

humans cannot save another human's soul.... they can introduce them to Christ who has the ability and the qualifications to save....

never ceases to amaze me how we take credit for stuff we cannot do...

I agree. But we know God uses us frail humans, many times, to do the footwork.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Mar 12 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 12 2007, 01:21 PM) [snapback]184714[/snapback]

I agree. But we know God uses us frail humans, many times, to do the footwork.

That in no wise makes any particular human or group of humans either essential or necessary; all of us are expendable in the extreme where the ends and purposes of God are concerned... including DS and 3ABN...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Clay
post Mar 12 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #49

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Mar 12 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]184723[/snapback]

That in no wise makes any particular human or group of humans either essential or necessary; all of us are expendable in the extreme where the ends and purposes of God are concerned... including DS and 3ABN...

In His service,
Mr. J

yep... that too....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Mar 12 2007, 04:46 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,452

QUOTE(wwjd @ Mar 12 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]184686[/snapback]

Lots and lots of times. You probably should do some research yourself on the subject rather than just take what you read for gospel.

Frankly I don't care enough to research anything 3abn does. What happened in Chicago doesn't overshadow what has happened in the past at 3abn, especially because no one has been honest and forth coming and addressed the issues of mr shelton himself breaking the very commandments he is uplifting in Shiloh church. So, forgive me if I am not dancing a jig over the "Shiloh" success-I need to call some of my friends and family and tell them not to send one red dime to 3abn.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 12 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #51

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Mar 12 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]184778[/snapback]

Frankly I don't care enough to research anything 3abn does. What happened in Chicago doesn't overshadow what has happened in the past at 3abn, especially because no one has been honest and forth coming and addressed the issues of mr shelton himself breaking the very commandments he is uplifting in Shiloh church. So, forgive me if I am not dancing a jig over the "Shiloh" success-I need to call some of my friends and family and tell them not to send one red dime to 3abn.

Ah, but Andi.... just think.... if you did a little quiet research you might find out why it HAD to be Shiloh.... not just any old place in Chicago..... ........ but some things we don't say in public, you know.... no.gif ..... wave.gif .....

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Mar 12 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 12 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]184785[/snapback]

Ah, but Andi.... just think.... if you did a little quiet research you might find out why it HAD to be Shiloh.... not just any old place in Chicago..... ........ but some things we don't say in public, you know.... no.gif ..... wave.gif .....

I got ya maybe I will do a little research

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 13 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 11 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]184615[/snapback]

Very perceptive. yes.gif

WB, you remind me so much of the serpent whispering in Eve's hear.....Yes eve, you are very perceptive eve, you realize the fruit won't make you die, Go ahead eve, Adam won't mind....Trouble is wb you need to be correct in your comments. Well, I guess you don't, you do better at just planting the seeds and nodding your head to someone else's false assumptions. Then you like to sit back and what your seeds take hold. You and sister are cut from the same cloth. You are not very perceptive yourself by insinuating 3abn doesn't visit many african american churches. I have watched time and again at Rally's and different events take place at these churches. Just imagine how many more were visited but weren't televised. Over the last 20 years, the amount would be substantial.
My dear, you really need to watch that forked tongue no.gif

QUOTE(andithomas1 @ Mar 12 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]184778[/snapback]

You certainly can do whatever you like....as long as you know passing such judgments on heresay and what you read on the net will not hold up when an accountability for such statements is required. Until I came here, I thought that most intelligent adults knew not to believe everything they read....guess I was wrong. You are a prime example.

+Quote Post
Hawk
post Mar 13 2007, 12:59 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 2,894

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 13 2007, 01:48 AM) [snapback]184879[/snapback]

WB, you remind me so much of the serpent whispering in Eve's hear.....Yes eve, you are very perceptive eve, you realize the fruit won't make you die, Go ahead eve, Adam won't mind....Trouble is wb you need to be correct in your comments. Well, I guess you don't, you do better at just planting the seeds and nodding your head to someone else's false assumptions. Then you like to sit back and what your seeds take hold. You and sister are cut from the same cloth. You are not very perceptive yourself by insinuating 3abn doesn't visit many african american churches. I have watched time and again at Rally's and different events take place at these churches. Just imagine how many more were visited but weren't televised. Over the last 20 years, the amount would be substantial.

Seems that the harrasement and patronizing venom of your "My Dear" thing was made a forbidden fruit for you. Terms of endearment do not become those who represent use of them as a form of abuse, 3ABN representative.

This post has been edited by Hawk: Mar 13 2007, 01:02 AM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 13 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Hawk @ Mar 12 2007, 11:59 PM) [snapback]184880[/snapback]

Seems that the harrasement and patronizing venom of your "My Dear" thing was made a forbidden fruit for you. Terms of endearment do not become those who represent use of them as a form of abuse, 3ABN representative.

Hawk, I always appreciate your (local) insight on things.

I had thought of the garden of eden story myself....you know, where no one wants to accept their responsiblity for their sin? "It was the serpant you put here" "It was that wife you gave me"....

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 13 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I am going to assume that you posted this "before" reading my warning in the other thread.
QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 12 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]184879[/snapback]

You certainly can do whatever you like....as long as you know passing such judgments on heresay and what you read on the net will not hold up when an accountability for such statements is required. Until I came here, I thought that most intelligent adults knew not to believe everything they read....guess I was wrong. You are a prime example.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
andithomas1
post Mar 13 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

[You certainly can do whatever you like

You are correct on this point. I would never allow you of all people to decide anything for me

....as long as you know passing such judgments on heresay and what you read on the net will not hold up when an accountability for such statements is required. Until I came here, I thought that most intelligent adults knew not to believe everything they read....guess I was wrong. You are a prime example.[/quote]

I think you are most definitely not in the position to pass judgement on my intelligence or anyone else on this board. mad.gif I don't post anything on this board, I don't feel I can be accountable for at a later date--can you say the same? You have continually defended everything done at 3abn even though other disreputable information about 3abn has been given. As I said in the other post, the instrument is not important in the spreading the gospel. Whether millions come to know Jesus because of 3abn does not negate the trash that continues at 3abn. So, I guess you are wrong again. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 16 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 13 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]184879[/snapback]

Bystander, in another thread you chided me for taking Danny Shelton seriously in what he said on 3ABN. Are you demanding that we place blinders - or filters - by our eyes that we only see what glorifies Mr. Danny Shelton?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Lee
post Mar 16 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,957

Johann, of course not. No one is perfect right?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:51 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church