Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12900&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:17 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn "on The Road" Again
sister
post Mar 14 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 14 2007, 12:43 AM) [snapback]185142[/snapback]

Really? are those the words he used? No they weren't. In fact, I have heard him over and over through the years glorifying not only God, but all of those who have brought their talents and expertise to the ministry. I have heard the statement " if it was up to me to know about down links, or if it was up to me to know about graphics or cameras or computers, then nothing would have gotten done. He has always given God the credit for the miracles.

You seem to be criticizing that he was talking about the work at 3abn instead of a 3 angels message. Let me clarify. DS isn't a pastor and doesn't profess to be. That is why there are other pastors like CA murray and John Dinzey that can preach the sermons at a 3abn visit or rally. It is DS's job to talk about 3abn. He talks about, What is going on with expansion, what are future plans, and many stories of souls that have walked into adventist churches ready to join, because of what they have seen on 3abn. To tell the work that has been accomplished by God, through 3abn, is glorifying Him. Without God, 3abn would not exist. This is not to see that he doesn't refer to scripture or Ellen White at times, of course he does, but he lets the experts preach the sermons.

As I said, he lets the pastors do their job and he does his. It is a good combination that works well for all concerned, especially the audience.

Although both Danny and Mollie refer to John Dinzey as a pastor, as least I have never heard John claim the title himself. If he does on the Latino 3ABN, I do not know, I am not Spanish speaking. The fact is that John has no pastoral training and is not a SDA pastor, nor has he ever been one. The reason that he is head of the pastoral department is because when Rick Odel left 3ABN and went into full time pastoral work, that left a vacancy. Immediately, Johnny D went to Danny and asked to be head of Pastoral. He did not ask for a raise in pay, only responsibility, so Danny agreed. Calling someone a Pastor and that being the fact are two different things.

Bystander, there are a number of factual discrepancies in your posts. This is just one simple example. When I come along behind you and try to clean up your mess, I am accused falsely of all matter of evils. Lately I have been letting it slide. Perhaps I should write a book instead and correct all your "facts" in one blow? Move over Linda, maybe another book is being prepared for the market!

Sister
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 14 2007, 08:12 AM
Post #17

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Bystander)
I have heard the statement " if it was up to me to know about down links, or if it was up to me to know about graphics or cameras or computers, then nothing would have gotten done. He has always given God the credit for the miracles.

Of course those things you mentioned are not "miracles."

QUOTE(Bystander)
It is DS's job to talk about 3abn. He talks about, What is going on with expansion, what are future plans, and many stories of souls that have walked into adventist churches ready to join, because of what they have seen on 3abn. To tell the work that has been accomplished by God, through 3abn, is glorifying Him.

While DS did talk about 3abn, that's not what I meant when I reported he spent most of the time talking about himself. I meant his personal self. Examples include, but are not limited to, his personal eating habits, his thinning hair, analyzing where his thoughts were coming from (like "where did that come from? Thank-you God for that" and "I don't use notes"). A lot of "I" stuff.

QUOTE(Bystander)
Without God, 3abn would not exist.

Isn't that like saying without God, PBS would not exist?

This is not to see that he doesn't refer to scripture or Ellen White at times, of course he does, but he lets the experts preach the sermons.

The question here is about how much time is actually spent on the three angel's messages. What's the ratio in a given day, week, or month. How much of a burdon does the station have for the three angels messages--the one special pupose of our SDA existence.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Mar 14 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 14 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]185202[/snapback]

Although both Danny and Mollie refer to John Dinzey as a pastor, as least I have never heard John claim the title himself. If he does on the Latino 3ABN, I do not know, I am not Spanish speaking. The fact is that John has no pastoral training and is not a SDA pastor, nor has he ever been one. The reason that he is head of the pastoral department is because when Rick Odel left 3ABN and went into full time pastoral work, that left a vacancy. Immediately, Johnny D went to Danny and asked to be head of Pastoral. He did not ask for a raise in pay, only responsibility, so Danny agreed. Calling someone a Pastor and that being the fact are two different things.

Bystander, there are a number of factual discrepancies in your posts. This is just one simple example. When I come along behind you and try to clean up your mess, I am accused falsely of all matter of evils. Lately I have been letting it slide. Perhaps I should write a book instead and correct all your "facts" in one blow? Move over Linda, maybe another book is being prepared for the market!

Sister

TVsnack.gif

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 14 2007, 08:26 AM
Post #19

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered)
Is this the program that you watched?

10AM, 3ABN On the Road #545 (Reflecting God`s Character) - Danny Shelton

Yes, On the Road is the correct title, and 10am was the correct time of the broadcast. I'd be curious if it was an old rerun. In the credits it did list the Dallas church with something, so I thought maybe that's where the little sermon took place.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 14 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 14 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]185211[/snapback]

While DS did talk about 3abn, that's not what I meant when I reported he spent most of the time talking about himself. I meant his personal self. Examples include, but are not limited to, his personal eating habits, his thinning hair, analyzing where his thoughts were coming from (like "where did that come from? Thank-you God for that" and "I don't use notes"). A lot of "I" stuff.

I think it is even more than this Laurence. The thing which comes across strong and clear to those who listen is that Danny is under some special dispensation from God so that whenever he talks about giving God all the glory, he does it in a way that builds his own image up as Someone who is specially favored of God.... and to make it even more obnoxious it is very often tied into some trait or action or sins of his own in such a way as to give the distinct impression that he is saying that ordinary laws of men or God don't apply to him.... and the so-called "miracles" are proof that he has found and that all he does is under the approval and approbation from God Himself.

The question here is about how much time is actually spent on the three angel's messages. What's the ratio in a given day, week, or month. How much of a burdon does the station have for the three angels messages--the one special pupose of our SDA existence.

I have to admit that when someone talks about "one special purpose of our SDA existence" that it triggers a "cringe factor" in me. I think our SDA existence is for essentially the same purpose as that of every other Christian Church... and that is to present and represent Christ to the world. We may think we do a better job of that than others, and we may claim to have purer doctrine than others..... and we could argue all day as to whether we are right or whether these thoughts and claims are merely symptoms of Laodicean spiritual pride.... but that is an argument I am not wanting to enter here.

What I want to say here is that just as the mission of Christ himself to earth was broad.... not only atoning for sins, but revealing the character of God Himself, freeing captives from all kinds of slavery, healing the sick and wounded, spreading the news of the Kingdom of God that is even now with us on this earth....as well as the coming Kingdom that enters only at the final cleansing and recreation of the earth, and relieving pain and suffering to the utmost of our abilities... whether or not the recipients choose to become followers of Christ..... just so broad is our message to the world and the "purpose of our SDA existence."

And all of the above are subsumed under the "everlasting gospel" that the First Angel is depicted in Revelation as carrying. This message and mission is not solely that of the Adventist church.... it is the message and mission of ALL churches who bear the name of Christ.... whether they see themselves in that endtime passage or not. To the extent which they fail to give a pure message, churches may degenerate into churches which are called Babylon in the following messages. But it is our mission and goal first of all to be a part of the First Angel's message .... the only one with a positive Christian message..... If we don't have that straight and predominate, then we can very easily fall into a category to be warned against rather than helping to give the warning messages of the second and third angel.

Thus I am much more concerned about the way 3abn presents Christ to the world.... not merely in their messages but in the way they personally reveal Christ in the way they act towards their fellow men and women... than I am in the amount of time they put in specific programming content.

So long as there are people who, because of personal harassment (or witnessing what has been done to others who got crosswise of Danny Shelton or any of the other ruling entities in the House that Shelton Built), fear to give their names when telling their stories, just so long I care not one whit as to what goes out over the airwaves. I very much resent having a commercial entity (which poses as a ministry) in our midst which makes the claims that 3abn makes about representing Adventists and our message... and our God........ yet which sits like an Absolom in the gate.... wooing the hearts of the people so that they put their alliegence and finance in the hands of this organization that acts so abominably in so many different areas of life.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 14 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Ok, But I think everybody else "got it".. BTJM Prodeed!
snack.gif

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 13 2007, 10:05 PM) [snapback]185147[/snapback]

Yes I realized that, but, knowing how some here like to twist things, I knew by tomorrow it would be a fact that DS said those words. So I was just trying to clarify.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 14 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 14 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]185202[/snapback]

Sister

Sister, Thanks for your information. I suspect there is even more to the story than this. It is certainly an unusual route for someone to take into "pastoral ministry". And certainly presents a different concept of the position of "head of pastoral ministry" than what I think most viewers... at least SDA viewers.... would expect of a person with that title.

As to your second paragraph above..... I think there are many of us who are missing the insights you gave in your Unauthorized History threads. I realize that the atmosphere here is not so conducive to sharing your knowledge with us in story form as it was when you began. But if you can find it in your heart to correct various factual discrepancies as they come up.... or add to our understanding of the various situations.... either in your previous story-style or in factual corrections. I know many of us would appreciate it very much. And personally, I would prefer the story style, since there is so much more that is conveyed by that genre that is necessarily lost in a simple statement of facts without them being clothed in their environmental and emotional garments.

It is not easy .... giving factual information even when you know it will be pounced on by some and labeled as lies. OTOH, I think by now most of us are ignoring those who habitually do this, and would very much appreciate knowing the facts as you give them. When it comes to "credibility factor" I'm sure you rate VERY much higher than do those who accuse you of all matter of unsavory things.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Mar 14 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #23

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 14 2007, 08:59 AM) [snapback]185227[/snapback]

I think it is even more than this Laurence. The thing which comes across strong and clear to those who listen is that Danny is under some special dispensation from God so that whenever he talks about giving God all the glory, he does it in a way that builds his own image up as Someone who is specially favored of God.... and to make it even more obnoxious it is very often tied into some trait or action or sins of his own in such a way as to give the distinct impression that he is saying that ordinary laws of men or God don't apply to him.... and the so-called "miracles" are proof that he has found and that all he does is under the approval and approbation from God Himself.
I have to admit that when someone talks about "one special purpose of our SDA existence" that it triggers a "cringe factor" in me. I think our SDA existence is for essentially the same purpose as that of every other Christian Church... and that is to present and represent Christ to the world. We may think we do a better job of that than others, and we may claim to have purer doctrine than others..... and we could argue all day as to whether we are right or whether these thoughts and claims are merely symptoms of Laodicean spiritual pride.... but that is an argument I am not wanting to enter here.

What I want to say here is that just as the mission of Christ himself to earth was broad.... not only atoning for sins, but revealing the character of God Himself, freeing captives from all kinds of slavery, healing the sick and wounded, spreading the news of the Kingdom of God that is even now with us on this earth....as well as the coming Kingdom that enters only at the final cleansing and recreation of the earth, and relieving pain and suffering to the utmost of our abilities... whether or not the recipients choose to become followers of Christ..... just so broad is our message to the world and the "purpose of our SDA existence."

And all of the above are subsumed under the "everlasting gospel" that the First Angel is depicted in Revelation as carrying. This message and mission is not solely that of the Adventist church.... it is the message and mission of ALL churches who bear the name of Christ.... whether they see themselves in that endtime passage or not. To the extent which they fail to give a pure message, churches may degenerate into churches which are called Babylon in the following messages. But it is our mission and goal first of all to be a part of the First Angel's message .... the only one with a positive Christian message..... If we don't have that straight and predominate, then we can very easily fall into a category to be warned against rather than helping to give the warning messages of the second and third angel.

Thus I am much more concerned about the way 3abn presents Christ to the world.... not merely in their messages but in the way they personally reveal Christ in the way they act towards their fellow men and women... than I am in the amount of time they put in specific programming content.

So long as there are people who, because of personal harassment (or witnessing what has been done to others who got crosswise of Danny Shelton or any of the other ruling entities in the House that Shelton Built), fear to give their names when telling their stories, just so long I care not one whit as to what goes out over the airwaves. I very much resent having a commercial entity (which poses as a ministry) in our midst which makes the claims that 3abn makes about representing Adventists and our message... and our God........ yet which sits like an Absolom in the gate.... wooing the hearts of the people so that they put their alliegence and finance in the hands of this organization that acts so abominably in so many different areas of life.

WB, you have raised a very important issue. In "end time" the people of God have the mission to reflect Christ (God) to the world.

In its treatment of Linda, as I see it, 3-ABN has misrepresented the nature and character of God. This is further compunded by a constant refrain that I see from their apologists: Forgive and cover up sin. It is this that gives many of us our mission. God forgives. But, sin is never excused. Public sin must be repented of, and forsaken.

This post has been edited by Observer: Mar 14 2007, 11:57 AM

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 14 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 14 2007, 06:39 AM) [snapback]185202[/snapback]

Sister

Sister, the only "mess" here is the one that you have created from the beginning.
Fact. John Dinzey is not head of pastoral, he is general manager of latino.
Fact. you are correct that he is not an ordained pastor so perhaps I should have called him "elder." My mistake. The fact is, he has preached many a sermon, and in my opinion, is pretty good at it. If you would have applied my comment to the point of my post, I wouldn't be having to waste my time to clarify to you. The subject was all about DS not claiming to be a minister and leaving those jobs to those who are capable of doing it.

You're "so called" corrections tend to be something that is of no importance, just like this one. Of course maybe they should be welcomed since that is about the only time you tell the truth.
Somehow you seem to think that your "little threat" of a book is going to upset someone. Hardly. I believe you have already contributed and/or written some of the earlier "fairy tales." If those are an example of your "writing skills" don't quit your day job. On the other hand, The Enquirer is always looking for someone with a sensational imagination like yours.
mmmm interesting now that I think on it. It seems I read somewhere that SJ wants to write a book. Of course she said she was so busy working being a wife and mother where would she find the time. She failed to mention the time she spends posting here and, it is pulblic knowledge, that she is only a "wife" and "mother" about 3 or 4 days a month. Her husband raises the children the rest of the time. If she stops to think about that, she might have time after all.
Wow....maybe I should write a book yes.gif

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 14 2007, 07:12 AM) [snapback]185211[/snapback]

Watch one 24 period of programming and you will have your answer of how much time is actually spent on the 3 Angels Message.

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 14 2007, 08:19 AM) [snapback]185234[/snapback]

As to your second paragraph above..... I think there are many of us who are missing the insights you gave in your Unauthorized History threads.

What? WB. You have always given the impression that you "know" as much as sister. This obviously means that you don't. If you don't, the only plausible conclusion is that you are being "fed" the so called info you post here. Ah don't be embarrased. We've said it all along.

It is not easy .... giving factual information even when you know it will be pounced on by some and labeled as lies. OTOH, I think by now most of us are ignoring those who habitually do this, and would very much appreciate knowing the facts as you give them. When it comes to "credibility factor" I'm sure you rate VERY much higher than do those who accuse you of all matter of unsavory things.

Oh contraire friend. Not to mention you're "VERY much higher "only includes a few. That applies to men and women.

This post has been edited by Bystander: Mar 14 2007, 09:52 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 14 2007, 08:23 AM) [snapback]185237[/snapback]

WB, you have raised a very important issue. In "end time" the people of God have the mission to reflect Christ (God) to the world.

In its treatment of Linda, 3-ABN has misrepresented the nature and character of God. This is further compunded by a constant refrain that I see from their apologists: Forgive and cover up sin. It is this that gives many of us our mission. God forgives. But, sin is never excused. Public sin must be repented of, and forsaken.

Amen!

If the witness of some at 3abn has caused the community of Thompsonville to hate the ministry instead of being touched by the beauty of the Gospel, how can anyone expect this negative witness to be limited to Southern Illinois? Word does travel, you know.

And, I would like to add, it is only by having that close, personal relationship with the Lord that we can truly reflect His character to the world. That is our personal duty but it is also another aspect of "one special purpose of our SDA existence". While personal study and prayer is a part of what builds us into those who can reflect God's character, our place within the church, the Body of Christ, is also an important part of that growth. That is one of the reasons we are given those "gifts".

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #26

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 14 2007, 08:50 AM) [snapback]185241[/snapback]

Watch one 24 period of programming and you will have your answer of how much time is actually spent on the 3 Angels Message.

To make it easy for readers to see a 24-hour period of programming I am providing a link to a one-week schedule as well as pasting in below a list of yesterday's programming:

http://www.3abn.org/view_schedule.cfm

Tuesday March 13
12:30 AM ASI Video Magazine #25 (Asi Youth / Rod & Donna Willey) - ASI Youth , Dan Houghton , Donna Willey , Rod Willey
1:00 AM 3ABN Today #6064 (Texas Amazing Bible School) - Mollie Steenson *, Bill Corrigan , Connie Corrigan , LaVerne Johnson
2:00 AM Kids Time Praise #58 (Meditation And Prayer) - Aaliah Carlos (Tommy Shelton) , Allison & Christopher Patchett , Angie Kanna , Ashley Blake (Sheri Blake) , Emily Traversy , Jaymes Carson (Brenda Walsh) , Jessica & Samantha Jacobson (Kathy Jacobson) , Joletta & Jolicia Redd , Joshua Lance (Wen-Ting Ong) , Kara McMahon (Brenda Walsh) , Pierce Burgess (Tommy Shelton) , Selena English ( Kevin Villarreal) , Sofia Tsatalbasidis (Lily Tsatalbasidis) , Zana Hunt (Basil Campbell)
2:30 AM By My Spirit #21 (Beware Of False Prophets) - Ed Reid
3:00 AM Carter Report, The #215 (The Kgb Colonel And The Crucifix) - John Carter
4:00 AM Discover #2 (How Ancient Babylon Foretold The End Of The World) - Pr. David Asscherick
5:00 AM Laymen Ministries #84 (Interview With Pastor Shadrach Part # 1) - Pr. Shadrach
5:30 AM Digging Up the Past #25 (The Phoenicians) - David Down
6:00 AM Body and Spirit #151 (Asthma) - Dick Nunez *, Kyle Gabbert & Leif Sjoren
6:30 AM In Search of the Truth #10 (Water In The Tank) - Pastor Charles Byrd
7:00 AM Revelation Insights #1 (Message From A Metal Man) - Lyle Albrecht
8:00 AM 3ABN Today LIVE - 1st Hour #7510 (Praise And Testimony) - C.A. Murray *, Danny Shelton , John Dinzey , John Lomacang
9:00 AM 3ABN Today LIVE - 2nd Hour #7510 (Praise And Testimony) - C.A. Murray *, Danny Shelton , John Dinzey , John Lomacang
10:00 AM Help Yourself to Health #217 (How To Minimize Cancer Risk) - Agatha Thrash *, Don Miller
10:30 AM So Send I You #32 (Grief To Joy) - May Chung *, Teresa Shelton
11:00 AM Revelation Speaks Hope #11 (The Subject That Satan Hates) - Pr. Brian McMahon
12:00 PM 3ABN On the Road #545 (Reflecting God`s Character) - Danny Shelton
1:00 PM Heaven's Point of View #11 (The Gifts Of Faith And Miracles) - Hal Steenson *
1:30 PM Food for Thought #124 (Dairy Alternatives) - Jeff & Nancy Riedesel
2:00 PM Body and Spirit Aerobics #31 (Rest) - Becky Garber , Brittany Nunez , Dick Nunez
2:30 PM Bible Answers #34 (Questions And Answeres) - Doug Batchelor , Karen Batchelor
3:00 PM 3ABN Today #6064 (Texas Amazing Bible School) - Mollie Steenson *, Bill Corrigan , Connie Corrigan , LaVerne Johnson
4:00 PM Kids Time Praise #58 (Meditation And Prayer) - Aaliah Carlos (Tommy Shelton) , Allison & Christopher Patchett , Angie Kanna , Ashley Blake (Sheri Blake) , Emily Traversy , Jaymes Carson (Brenda Walsh) , Jessica & Samantha Jacobson (Kathy Jacobson) , Joletta & Jolicia Redd , Joshua Lance (Wen-Ting Ong) , Kara McMahon (Brenda Walsh) , Pierce Burgess (Tommy Shelton) , Selena English ( Kevin Villarreal) , Sofia Tsatalbasidis (Lily Tsatalbasidis) , Zana Hunt (Basil Campbell)
4:30 PM Kids Time #224 (Naomi) - Brenda Walsh
5:00 PM Grandma's House #12 (Toolbox)
5:15 PM His Words Are Life #384 (John 6:35) - Kelly Mowrer
5:30 PM Wonderfully Made #377 (Crisis Intervention) - Stephen Campbell
6:00 PM Melody from My Heart #278 (Music) - Kateena LeForge , Kersti Esselwall-Smars , Michael Settle , Roger Mike , The Sheltons , Veronica Boyd-Gills.
6:30 PM Exalting His Word #12 (Life Affirmations) - Shelley Quinn
7:00 PM Mary the Mother of Jesus #2 (The Cult Of The Virgin Mother) - Pr. Stephen Bohr
8:00 PM Faith Factor #6 (The Truth That Shines) - Cynthia Prime , Melissa Taylor & Angela McPhearson
8:30 PM Global Mission Frontline #251 (Indonesia & Romania) - Dan Weber , Dawn Sackman , Gary Krause , Rick Kajiura
9:00 PM 3ABN Today #6064 (Texas Amazing Bible School) - Mollie Steenson *, Bill Corrigan , Connie Corrigan , LaVerne Johnson
10:00 PM Lift Him Up #51 (Amen… Therefore) - James Rafferty , Ty Gibson
10:30 PM Health for a Lifetime #211 (Stroke) - Don Mackintosh *, Phil Mills
11:00 PM Ten Commandments Day Marathon #11 (Commandment #7) - John Lomacang

As most readers probably know, if they don't have a dish they can watch the 3abn programming online at www.3abn.org.

Oh contraire friend. Not to mention you're "VERY much higher "only includes a few. That applies to men and women.

So, you are admitting to WB (who you address in a condescending manner as "friend") that sister's credibility is indeed "VERY much higher" than the credibility of a few "men and women". If by that you mean you, wwjd, Lee and Aletheia, I would agree.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 14 2007, 10:13 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Mar 14 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Observer @ Mar 14 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]185237[/snapback]

In its treatment of Linda, 3-ABN has misrepresented the nature and character of God. This is further compunded by a constant refrain that I see from their apologists: Forgive and cover up sin. It is this that gives many of us our mission. God forgives. But, sin is never excused. Public sin must be repented of, and forsaken.

I just ran across this statement. It is not from an inspired source, but it is good.

Forgiveness "cannot mean that we cover up a fault with a 'mantle of charity.' Divine things are never an illusion and deception. On the contrary, before the sin is forgiven the mantle with which it is covered must be removed. The sin must be unmercifully-yes unmercifully- exposed to the light of God's countenance (Psalm 90)" Helmut Thielke. And we shouldn't have to point out that to obtain forgiveness also requires public confession of public sins and restitution to those wronged.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 14 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #28

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 14 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]185241[/snapback]

Bystander, how come http://www.3abn.org/pastoral_team.cfm says that John Dinzey is the head of the pastoral department?

Another question for you: I've gotten an email from one of the posters here claiming that you and FHB have been PM'ing them, and that there is something about the tone of your (not FHB's) PM's that concerned their spouse. Could you please explain?

+Quote Post
sister
post Mar 14 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #29

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 14 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]185241[/snapback]

Sister, the only "mess" here is the one that you have created from the beginning.
Fact. you are correct that he is not an ordained pastor so perhaps I should have called him "elder." My mistake. The fact is, he has preached many a sermon, and in my opinion, is pretty good at it. If you would have applied my comment to the point of my post, I wouldn't be having to waste my time to clarify to you. The subject was all about DS not claiming to be a minister and leaving those jobs to those who are capable of doing it.

You're "so called" corrections tend to be something that is of no importance, just like this one. Of course maybe they should be welcomed since that is about the only time you tell the truth.
Somehow you seem to think that your "little threat" of a book is going to upset someone. Hardly. I believe you have already contributed and/or written some of the earlier "fairy tales." If those are an example of your "writing skills" don't quit your day job. On the other hand, The Enquirer is always looking for someone with a sensational imagination like yours.
mmmm interesting now that I think on it. It seems I read somewhere that SJ wants to write a book. Of course she said she was so busy working being a wife and mother where would she find the time. She failed to mention the time she spends posting here and, it is pulblic knowledge, that she is only a "wife" and "mother" about 3 or 4 days a month. Her husband raises the children the rest of the time. If she stops to think about that, she might have time after all.
Wow....maybe I should write a book yes.gif

Bystander, I am genuinely surprised that you would be so foolish as not to check even the most simple of facts and continue to give false information that anyone can so easily verify. The above rant only reinforces your image of treating women disrespectfully and casting doubt upon the true testimony they have given. Unfortunately, not only in this instance with me, but also with PrincessDi, PeacefullyBewildered, Watchbird, PrincessDrRe, Sonshineonme, Linda Shelton and now Sandra J.

The genuine facts in regard to the pastoral department of 3ABN, as stated on their website under the heading Pastoral:
Meet The Pastoral Team
Johnny Dinzey
Department Head: Johnny Dinzey He not only heads up the Pastoral Department but recently accepted the position of General Manager for the 3ABN Latino channel.

Sister

P.S. So, what other misinformation, falsehoods, misrepresentations, innuendos and bold-faced lies are Bystander and Co. attempting to pass off as "fact". If he could be so incorrect concerning John Dinzey's position as head of the Pastoral department, why should he have any credibility in regard to more sensitive insider information about 3ABN? When he fights with such tenacity to uphold a "small" lie, in an attempt to discredit me, how much more is he willing to compromise the truth with a "big" lie, to discredit Linda Shelton and others?

This post has been edited by sister: Mar 14 2007, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post
Bystander
post Mar 14 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,777

QUOTE(sister @ Mar 14 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]185275[/snapback]

You are doing exactly what I said you do. Making something out of nothing. The fact is When I called and ask, I was told that he is now General Manager of the latino programming. The End. That is what was said and that is how I understood it. Point is, your whole posting career is trying to make something of nothing. To plant your seeds where there is no fertile ground to grow in.

I have the highest regards for women. Trouble is, except for Di and maybe DrRe, I consider all you named as, one and the same. You are all in this together, feeding off of one another like piranas. Taking nothing and tossing around how you can make it something. Denying one minute that you are getting your info from LS and the next minute, admitting it. Your goals are all one and the same. To create enough lies, doubt and rumors to bring DS and 3abn down. Each one of you have your own agenda's and are foolish enough to think that no one knows or can find out who you are and why you are doing this.
Yes, I have the highest regards for women of integrity, truth and virtue. Your "Destroy 3abn Club" doesn't fit that criteria.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church