Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12900&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:23 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn "on The Road" Again
calvin
post Mar 14 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #46

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Mar 14 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]185356[/snapback]

I share your sentiments. Still, hisotrically, this appears to be what the SDA church origianlly believed, and still does to a great extent--at least some extent. Wonder where 3abn stands on this.

Why does 3ABN has to stand for anything? It is just a name. I have never heard them make any proclamation of living up the 3 angels message. I know a guy that named is business 3 Angels Printing because he liked the name.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 14 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]185272[/snapback]

Bystander, how come http://www.3abn.org/pastoral_team.cfm says that John Dinzey is the head of the pastoral department?

Another question for you: I've gotten an email from one of the posters here claiming that you and FHB have been PM'ing them, and that there is something about the tone of your (not FHB's) PM's that concerned their spouse. Could you please explain?

PM here are private, meant to be that way, so don't ask anybody to reveal an PMs here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 14 2007, 08:35 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Clay @ Mar 14 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]185355[/snapback]

people can believe whatever they choose to believe.... so I am not taking you to task... no.gif

Sorry, brother Clay. After I read your response to LD I got a bit nervous.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]185370[/snapback]

So true. She thought the position would fall to her and it didn't. The reasons were sound and the decision was correct. She also left of her own choosing and moved to another Adventist oriented network where, if she is posting here she would be in a position of very serious conflict of interest.

- FHB

FHB,
Why would SJ be in a position of very serious conflict of interest if she is posting here?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 14 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #48

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Why does 3ABN has to stand for anything? It is just a name. I have never heard them make any proclamation of living up the 3 angels message. I know a guy that named is business 3 Angels Printing because he liked the name.

Because the perception they give is that they support and promote that doctrine, ALL SDA doctrine. It would be a lot different if they didn't have exclusively SDA programming, SDA special events, pastors, guests, etc. They give the impression, even if they never say it. It is like I keep saying about them being conveniently a ministry, and then a business when it suits them...they need to get off the fence.

Plus, we all know, they didn't pick that nane, simply because the liked it. These people ARE Adventist. I truly believe that is defnitely what they wanted to proclaim from the beginning.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 14 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(calvin @ Mar 14 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]185373[/snapback]

PM here are private, meant to be that way, so don't ask anybody to reveal an PMs here.

I understand. Was my question inappropriate even though I didn't ask for PM's to be revealed? And if so, if a member thinks they are being unduly harassed in PM's, what recourse is there?

QUOTE(Bystander @ Mar 14 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]185358[/snapback]

Bob, I was inaccurate on what I understood about JD. As said before. what does that have to do with anything. JD was not the topic of dicussion. DS was. And my statements had nothing to do with whether John was or was not head of pastoral.
Now,did you misundersand also concerning your remark in the first paragraph? Because, that is important ,and I would hate to think you were giving false information purposely. Both of your remarks are wrong.

SJ was never officially general manager of Latino. She was in programming. She unofficially handled some of the duties that later fell to the General Manager
Also, she was never fired she quit. My opinion? It was because she was set on getting the GM job and it was given to JD instead. No doubt, you know her persona on this forum. I have a feeling you knew the facts too, but just insinuated differently. Same old story, same old theme. We just keep hearing from those who have an axe to grind for one reason or another. I came to that conclusion quite some time ago and most here are proving me right.

I got the impression that your statements most certainly were about John.

As far as SJ goes, you will notice that I didn't make a remark. I asked a question, since I don't know. And I don't know her persona, or if she even has one.

Can you provide any evidence that management's decision regarding positions and/or encouragement to stay on had nothing to do with her thoughts about Linda's case?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 14 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #50

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Yes, Bob, it is inapproprite to refer to PMS at all pretty much. You might have PM'd Bystander to ask him about it. If someone recieves a PM that the perceive to be threatening or inappropriate in anyway, they are to report it to an Admin immediately. that kind of thingis not tolerated here. Since I am on PST, I will check in again before I turn in for the night.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 14 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]185411[/snapback]

I understand. Was my question inappropriate even though I didn't ask for PM's to be revealed? And if so, if a member thinks they are being unduly harassed in PM's, what recourse is there?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 14 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Mar 14 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]185380[/snapback]

Sorry, brother Clay. After I read your response to LD I got a bit nervous.
FHB,
Why would SJ be in a position of very serious conflict of interest if she is posting here?

PB

If you are employed by one of the other main SDA oriented networks and do all you can to tear down 3ABN . . . that would be a clear conflict of interest . . . Get your pay check from another network while tearing down 3ABN . . . and as I pointed out "if" she is posting here she would certainly be wrapped in a web of conflict of interest - especially if her husband turned out to be one of her sources of information, along with Linda (who she has all along been very close to) . . . the conflict of interest would be far reaching . . .

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 14 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 14 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]185419[/snapback]

Yes, Bob, it is inapproprite to refer to PMS at all pretty much. You might have PM'd Bystander to ask him about it. If someone recieves a PM that the perceive to be threatening or inappropriate in anyway, they are to report it to an Admin immediately. that kind of thingis not tolerated here. Since I am on PST, I will check in again before I turn in for the night.

I think there have been multiple members who have complained about this kind of thing. At least by raising the question, they may be encouraged to come to you folks if they feel it necessary.

Thanks for your reply.

+Quote Post
erik
post Mar 14 2007, 10:17 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]185421[/snapback]

If you are employed by one of the other main SDA oriented networks and do all you can to tear down 3ABN . . . that would be a clear conflict of interest . . . Get your pay check from another network while tearing down 3ABN . . . and as I pointed out "if" she is posting here she would certainly be wrapped in a web of conflict of interest - especially if her husband turned out to be one of her sources of information, along with Linda (who she has all along been very close to) . . . the conflict of interest would be far reaching . . .

- FHB

I removed my post because after reconsidering it was not the best way to ask FHB my point.

Erik

This post has been edited by erik: Mar 15 2007, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Mar 14 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

You are all in this together, feeding off of one another like piranas. Taking nothing and tossing around how you can make it something. Denying one minute that you are getting your info from LS and the next minute, admitting it. Your goals are all one and the same. To create enough lies, doubt and rumors to bring DS and 3abn down. Each one of you have your own agenda's and are foolish enough to think that no one knows or can find out who you are and why you are doing this.

Bystander, I am assuming you are talking to me also since I occassionally post. You tried to put me down with my personal witness in another post.

I don't understand your "feeding off one another like piranas". Sounds like a personal problem to me. I don't even know anyone in this forum.

I came in here to find the truth. Several rumors spread by 3ABN(Walt Thompson) to people in my town were all lies to discredit and put Linda down. I asked Sister about one rumor that was spread by Walt Thompson and she told me it was false. This rumor is a minor one but a minor lie is a lie. (since this rumor has not been posted I won't mention which one it is). That one point tells me the other rumors spread were lies also.

I can't verify the fact that Walt Thompson sent the letters to the dear little old lady who loved 3ABN and told her these lies to discredit Linda because the dear little old lady has passed away. I just know that she LOVED 3ABN and was just telling her friends what he wrote to her. She considered him her dear close friend.

I don't care if you shred my personal witness. You tried before it didn't work then and it won't work now. You have no credibility with me. You have shown me with the above post that you have no respect for women. I feel sorry for you.

If any part of this is considered double posting my appologies to the ADMIN.

If I sound rude, my appologies to all those reading this post. Was not meant to be rude. Just stating my position and opinion.

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Mar 15 2007, 04:31 AM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 15 2007, 08:29 AM
Post #55

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]185421[/snapback]

- FHB

Personally, I think you may be incorrect. For example, it shouldn't be a conflict of interest for employees of Coca-Cola to post questions about the integrity of management of Pepsi-Cola. That would be anything but a conflict. In fact, I would think that would be in their interest.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]185370[/snapback]

So true. She thought the position would fall to her and it didn't. The reasons were sound and the decision was correct. She also left of her own choosing and moved to another Adventist oriented network where ....

I find it amazing that you would profess to know such details so quickly. How exactly did you come to know such nitty-gritty details like this? How long have you known them?

In your publicly-viewable profile, you say that your home church is the Florida Hospital Church. How often do you attend? Roughly when was the last time you were there? Last week, within the last month or two or three, when? What was the sermon about when you were last there?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Mar 15 2007, 09:02 AM
Post #56

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

The only way it would be a conflict of interest is that she still ahd some interest in 3ABN. if she sut all ties with 3ABN, then there is no conflict. Hwo do you figure it is a conflict of interest. She evidently has no interest in 3ABN.

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]185421[/snapback]

- FHB

--------------------
TTFN
Di

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 15 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 14 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]185370[/snapback]

So true. She thought the position would fall to her and it didn't. The reasons were sound and the decision was correct. She also left of her own choosing and moved to another Adventist oriented network where, if she is posting here she would be in a position of very serious conflict of interest.

- FHB

no.gif My opinion on what I know of this, this is not true at all. ALTHOUGH, I am sure DS and his group would like to scare her into thinking that it is so, it simply is not so.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Mar 15 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(princessdi @ Mar 15 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]185465[/snapback]

The only way it would be a conflict of interest is that she still ahd some interest in 3ABN. if she sut all ties with 3ABN, then there is no conflict. Hwo do you figure it is a conflict of interest. She evidently has no interest in 3ABN.

Did I miss something important, or is the "she" we are talking about the wife of John Dinsey who is employed by 3abn? The same 3abn who exercises surveilance and control of their employees?

If so.... there would definitely be a "conflict of interest" ..... and could even have an impact upon her husband's employment and positions. How could you figure otherwise.... If she is married to a 3abn employee it would be pretty difficult to "cut all ties" with 3abn, would it not?

Or am I totally wrong and this isn't who we are talking about? dunno.gif

Later edit... for the benefit of any who read this first.... I was wrong in the identification given above.... but I'll leave this errant post since it forms the jumping off place for the corrections and discussion following this. Thank you very much to those who corrected me quickly.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Mar 15 2007, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Mar 15 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Conflict of interest is a term with very limited meaning. It's applicable for someone in postions of both privileged inside information, and making a decsion based on that information. Also incompatible postions. A conflict is primarily of a direct, or indirect, pecuniary interest. Lay people often use it very loosely, for some mysterious reason, when trying to show that someone has a bias, or is partial. But, it a lot more than just that. One has to be able to profit.

Answers.com provides a good overview http://www.answers.com/conflict+of+interest&r=67
Maybe FHB could read it carefully and show us which definition applies.

And, every state has it's own definitions to help their elected lay people understand terms like conflict and unfairness. Here's some indepth reading, from my state (and most states have the same), for those interested in a clearer meaning.

http://www.mrsc.org/Subjects/Legal/conflict/conflict.aspx

http://www.mrsc.org/Subjects/Legal/aofpage.aspx
http://www.mrsc.org/Publications/appfair.pdf

EDIT NOTE: adding a good definition from the link above. Avoiding a conflict involves...
    elimination of actual bias, prejudice, improper influence or favoritism, but also in the curbing of conditions which, by their very existence, tend to create suspicion, generate misinterpretation, and cast a pall of partiality, impropriety, conflict of interest or prejudgment over the proceedings to which they relate.

This post has been edited by LaurenceD: Mar 15 2007, 10:28 AM

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Mar 15 2007, 11:05 AM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(watchbird @ Mar 15 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]185489[/snapback]

Did I miss something important, or is the "she" we are talking about the wife of John Dinsey who is employed by 3abn? The same 3abn who exercises surveilance and control of their employees?

If so.... there would definitely be a "conflict of interest" ..... and could even have an impact upon her husband's employment and positions. How could you figure otherwise.... If she is married to a 3abn employee it would be pretty difficult to "cut all ties" with 3abn, would it not?

Or am I totally wrong and this isn't who we are talking about? dunno.gif

SJ, Sandra Juarez. Is she married to John Dinzey?

Note: after I posted this I was unsure if I had read an earlier post correctly that SJ had been identified as Sandra. Doing a quick search I didn't find it so I edited my answer. Since my answer was already seen, I have replaced it.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Mar 15 2007, 11:21 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church