Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=285 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
PeacefulBe
post Apr 4 2007, 08:58 AM
Post #286

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 4 2007, 06:50 AM) [snapback]189980[/snapback]

Is there anyone posting here who can remember the days of the icebox, and the people who delivered blocks of ice to your front door. I remember.

Yes. My parents had one briefly before we upgraded to an electric model. I only remember the ice man delivering the blocks a few times. We still picked up our milk bottles from the front porch back then, too.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrammieTana
post Apr 4 2007, 10:38 AM
Post #287

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,934

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 4 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]189981[/snapback]

Yes. My parents had one briefly before we upgraded to an electric model. I only remember the ice man delivering the blocks a few times. We still picked up our milk bottles from the front porch back then, too.

Wow, I didn't think I'd get this much response with my little 'diatribe' but thank you all for the research you did. Very eye-opening information. rolleyes.gif Thank you too, Snoopy, for your kind response. kiss.gif

I, too, remember the iceman. We had a little brown, two door model icebox and I remember getting ice chips off the back of the truck. Don't know how much 'dirt' there was on it, but on a hot summer day (crybaby.gif Them is not tears, them is sweat!) it was a real treat to day nothing of the relief of having your milk cold again as well as other things. smile.gif

Does anyone remember Fitch's Shampoo? It was the same color as the vinegar my Mother used to pour on her vegetables and one day I was asked to get her the vinegar which was kept in the one small storage shelf that we had for everything. The whole bunch of us errupted in laughter at the look on her face when she realized what I had done. Fortunately, she caught it JUST BEFORE she poured it on her food. lol.gif

JT

+Quote Post
paleface
post Apr 4 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #288

Member No.: 1,991

Yes! I do remember the "ice age" complete with a team of horses and wagon heading to the nearby river cutting the large chuncks of ice and loading them onto the the wagon and back to the "ice house" as well as taking naps on the cool sawdust with the ice buried down underneath in the hot summer time. Those were the days.

Talking about milk in glass bottles. We had to get ours from the old milk cow with large handles. My job was to strain the fresh milk and run the cream seperator to seperate the cream from the milk. Then wash all seperator parts with hot suzzy soap and water and rinse about three times to make sure the soap did not contimate the cream. The "blue milk" came out of one spout and the cream out the other. Don't ask me why it was called blue. Since we did not raise hogs, my job was to carry it out to the chicken house for the "old bitties" who seemed to relish their feast.

Result was a good set of muscles that I got teased about, but no one tried to push me too far. With a quick temper and fire in my eye, everyone gave me a wide berth.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 4 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #289

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

paleface,
Sounds like the farm created a force to be reckoned with! Farms will often do that.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Apr 4 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #290

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 5 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]189980[/snapback]

Is there anyone posting here who can remember the days of the icebox, and the people who delivered blocks of ice to your front door. I remember.

Yes I can remember too - and the milkman coming round with his horse and cart and ladling the milk into our own pans - and there was even a time I remember before the electricity was connected to our house in the country where we used kerosene lamps.

And I am still working, not retirement age yet. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 4 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #291

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Brenda @ Apr 4 2007, 01:38 PM) [snapback]190011[/snapback]

Yes I can remember too - and the milkman coming round with his horse and cart and ladling the milk into our own pans - and there was even a time I remember before the electricity was connected to our house in the country where we used kerosene lamps.

And I am still working, not retirement age yet. biggrin.gif

Man ..... yall are OLD!! roflmao.gif rofl1.gif notworthy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 4 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #292

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

See now, Mozrt you need to get outta my mouth!!!! I just wasn't going to go there! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 4 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]190012[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 4 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #293

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 4 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]190012[/snapback]

A very perceptive youngster in our midst... roflmao.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Apr 4 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #294

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 1,814

Now no need to be personal, I am not even 60 yet...... and things are a little more up to date these days in this country smile.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Apr 4 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #295

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 4 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]190012[/snapback]

Well as soon as we get our teeth in, we may have to bite you...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 4 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #296

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Apr 4 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]190021[/snapback]

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
lurker
post Apr 4 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #297

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

It makes a difference where you lived. My folks lived in the urban north. My mom used a washing machine and hardly felt the depression. She had a job. My in laws lived in the rural south until my father in law came north to work in the factories. My mother in law washed on a wash board and used a wood burning cook stove. She worked in the fields along with some of her sisters and brothers. My in laws came close to dying from malnutrition. In fact my husband's baby brother did die of TB.

But the first house my husband and I lived in, we had an outhouse. Yep. We OLD!

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 4 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #298

Advanced Member

roflmao.gif
QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 4 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]190013[/snapback]

See now, Mozrt you need to get outta my mouth!!!! I just wasn't going to go there! rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
daylily
post Apr 4 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #299

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

Well, I'm not old and I grew up in houses without bathrooms. When I was 6, we had no water in the house. We had to draw it from a well and I was terrified of falling in that well. It looked just like a wishing well. My grandparents got a bathroom and hot water when I was 12 but at my house we never did get a bathroom jor hot water. My parents and I moved in with my grandparents when I was 16. I raised my three kids through the diaper stage without a bathroom and this was in from 1973-1979. We did have a bathtub just not a toilet because we couldn't afford the septic system. We used my grandparents outhouse. I do not miss those days!

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 4 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #300

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 4 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]190014[/snapback]

A very perceptive youngster in our midst... roflmao.gif

rofl1.gif

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Apr 4 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]190021[/snapback]

spoton.gif
smile big

--------------------

"

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church