Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13079&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:45:48 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

21 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dannyshelton.com, Huh?
Observer
post Apr 2 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #256

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 1 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]189469[/snapback]

Thirty days hath September
April, June and November
All the rest have thirty-one
Excepting February which has twenty-eight days clear
And twenty-nine on each leap year.

See? Johann is a heathen who plays heathen April fools jokes on us fools. He was cackling like an egg-laying hen while he was writing about April 31. yes.gif

That is allright. I once attendeed a promoton ceremony in the Army. During that ceremony, someone read the promotion orders, which stated that they would become effective on February 31!

Have any of you ever seen a February with 31 days? Some clerk had his fun. And an officer had signed them.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 2 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #257

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Observer @ Apr 2 2007, 04:50 AM) [snapback]189476[/snapback]

That is allright. I once attendeed a promoton ceremony in the Army. During that ceremony, someone read the promotion orders, which stated that they would become effective on February 31!

Have any of you ever seen a February with 31 days? Some clerk had his fun. And an officer had signed them.

I can top this one.... my grandad enlisted in the Spanish American war in June... but his birthday was not until September 29... so he pushed it back a few months and wrote February 29 on his enlistment papers.... and duly served in both Cuba and the Philipines... with a rank of Corporal.

He was about 65, and sitting in our living room in front of the fire brushing his beautiful white hair, when he startled all of us by suddenly coming down hard with his feet on the floor and yelling out "Petey (that was his pet name for his wife)!... we all ran to see what was the matter... and he sat there with an astonished, quizzical, strange look on his face... finally getting out the words....

"I never was born! ............. There WASN'T any February 29 the year I was born!"

But.... when he died in a Veteran's hospital just shy of his 90th birthday, the nurses had already celebrated his 90th birthday according to what was on his records, on the last day of February.

no.gif yes.gif uhm.gif rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 2 2007, 01:03 PM
Post #258

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 2 2007, 04:37 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(beartrap @ Apr 1 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]189469[/snapback]

Thirty days hath September
April, June and November
All the rest have thirty-one
Excepting February which has twenty-eight days clear
And twenty-nine on each leap year.

See? Johann is a heathen who plays heathen April fools jokes on us fools. He was cackling like an egg-laying hen while he was writing about April 31. yes.gif

bangin.gif well hit me over the head with a pickle!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Johann
post Apr 2 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #260

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 3 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]189594[/snapback]

What was the subject here?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 2 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #261

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Johann @ Apr 2 2007, 03:44 PM) [snapback]189597[/snapback]

What was the subject here?

dill or sweet i think boxing.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Apr 2 2007, 05:27 PM
Post #262

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 2 2007, 03:37 PM) [snapback]189594[/snapback]

Wow, this guy is in a terrible pickle, isn't he???(sorry bob)
blink.gif wallbash.gif huh.gif uhm.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 2 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I'll bet the driver of that car was singing "Will Your Anchor Hold in the Storm of Life?"

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Apr 2 2007, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 2 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #264

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 2 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]189600[/snapback]

dill or sweet i think boxing.gif

For ninth grade I rode a Catholic school bus, got off at the girls' school, and caught a ride to the private, non-religious school I went to, which only went up to 9th grade. That was a recipe for disaster.

The big bullies on that bus nicknamed me Bill, and then forgot my name was Bob.

I decided I would never be so cruel as to name my son William. Imagine being called Bill Pickle for the rest of your life!

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 3 2007, 03:09 PM
Post #265

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 2 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]189673[/snapback]

For ninth grade I rode a Catholic school bus, got off at the girls' school, and caught a ride to the private, non-religious school I went to, which only went up to 9th grade. That was a recipe for disaster.

The big bullies on that bus nicknamed me Bill, and then forgot my name was Bob.

I decided I would never be so cruel as to name my son William. Imagine being called Bill Pickle for the rest of your life!

better than naming him "sweet" roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #266

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 3 2007, 03:09 PM) [snapback]189808[/snapback]

better than naming him "sweet" roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Grandma was nicknamed Sweetie. I think that may have been before she married Grandpa.

My wife likes to make the most she can out of the name. I'm the bread and butter pickle. The kids are dillightful. Etc., etc.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 3 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #267

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]189825[/snapback]

Grandma was nicknamed Sweetie. I think that may have been before she married Grandpa.

My wife likes to make the most she can out of the name. I'm the bread and butter pickle. The kids are dillightful. Etc., etc.

So, what is your family's take on the vinegar debate...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 05:24 PM
Post #268

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

We're pretty straight-laced. Since the SoP says what it says about vinegar, we avoid it.

That last jar of home-canned pickles sure was good. Lemon juice, dill seed or whatever, garlic, a grape leaf. Not sure where the wife got the recipe, but it sure was good.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 3 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #269

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 3 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]189846[/snapback]

We're pretty straight-laced. Since the SoP says what it says about vinegar, we avoid it.

That last jar of home-canned pickles sure was good. Lemon juice, dill seed or whatever, garlic, a grape leaf. Not sure where the wife got the recipe, but it sure was good.

Ah, so that would make you all healthy pickles!

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 3 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #270

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

We try to stay kosher.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:45 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church