Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13104&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:43:57 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can One Defy The 3abn Board & Get Away With It?, Linda, Tommy, Danny, & Brandy
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #61

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]189411[/snapback]

Of course, but saved from what? "Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sins." And what is sin? "By the law is the knowledge of sin." Thus there is something missing whenever people aren't told that Jesus came to save them from their rebellious or ignorant refusal to abstain from their own work on His holy day.

We've been called to preach the Full Gospel.

Pickle when the sda church shuts down the institutions it runs on sabbath, then we can talk about what gospel is being preached...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

Good point.

But then that would be like asking all the Jews in Jesus' day to first come into line.

We can't use the hypocrisy of others to justify our own neglect of duty.

I wrote one of our hospitals once a nice letter about how they were collecting parking fees on Friday night, and you know what? They wrote me back and told me they had stopped that, that they had come up with a new Sabbath policy, and they asked me to read it over and give them some feedback.

There are, of course, some things in a medical institution that can't be shut down on the Sabbath. And there are some things that can be shut down.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 1 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]189409[/snapback]

sabbath observance does not earn one brownie points and cannot save.... It is Jesus, and only Jesus.... not Jesus + the sabbath or Jesus + diet.... even though as adventists we seems to make it seem that the "pluses" are important....

God's light has remained the same.... It is Jesus, and only He who saves..... nothing more... nothing less....

Shouldn't this discussion be over in the theo section?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 06:43 PM
Post #64

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 1 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]189414[/snapback]

Shouldn't this discussion be over in the theo section?

there is one over there already I think..... since this thread has taken this tangent we are commenting.... if you have something that might bring us back around to the topic... then by all means... post it.... yes.gif

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]189413[/snapback]

Good point.

But then that would be like asking all the Jews in Jesus' day to first come into line.

We can't use the hypocrisy of others to justify our own neglect of duty.

I wrote one of our hospitals once a nice letter about how they were collecting parking fees on Friday night, and you know what? They wrote me back and told me they had stopped that, that they had come up with a new Sabbath policy, and they asked me to read it over and give them some feedback.

There are, of course, some things in a medical institution that can't be shut down on the Sabbath. And there are some things that can be shut down.

The church is hypocritical.... as I said, when sda colleges, academies and hospitals begin shutting down on sabbath, then we can discuss what gospel is being preached... how the church can go to court for those adventists whose employers have asked them to work on sabbath or fired them because they haven't, yet require people to work on sabbath in adventist run institutions is beyond me...

--------------------

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 1 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]189418[/snapback]

there is one over there already I think..... since this thread has taken this tangent we are commenting.... if you have something that might bring us back around to the topic... then by all means... post it.... yes.gif

I just did... and it didn't.... 'taint my responsibility to keep on topic..... or make bridges from where ever back to the topic.... no.gif wave.gif

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 1 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]189426[/snapback]

I just did... and it didn't.... 'taint my responsibility to keep on topic..... or make bridges from where ever back to the topic.... no.gif wave.gif

oh... that's what that was... lol.gif well, I am enjoying the tangent as it's my job to ensure discussion..... to which i am deeply committed.....

I suspect someone will post something that relates to the 3abn board... but until then, this little distraction is fine with me...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 1 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

yes very enjoyable... TVsnack.gif

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]189418[/snapback]

The church is hypocritical.... as I said, when sda colleges, academies and hospitals begin shutting down on sabbath, then we can discuss what gospel is being preached... how the church can go to court for those adventists whose employers have asked them to work on sabbath or fired them because they haven't, yet require people to work on sabbath in adventist run institutions is beyond me...

If you give some specific examples, I might know better how to comment.

But we can't stop preaching the truth about what God thinks about child molestation simply because the head of 3ABN hasn't taken a firm stand on that one, can we? Never in the history of the planet has all of God's people consistently living the truth been a prerequisite for some to preach the message God said must be preached.

Otherwise, Noah and Elijah and John the Baptist never would have started.

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Apr 1 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #69

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]189385[/snapback]

It is arrogant for us to think that just because people haven't heard of seventh day adventists that they have not heard about Jesus.... in some of these so called "dark counties" there are baptists, methodists, etc who love the Lord and are in relationship with him... to suggest that they must become adventist to be "saved" is ummmm wrong........

I'm sorry you felt I was being arrogant, Clay. That is not at all the case. Let me bold some key thoughts in my prior statement, and then add a few additional comments for clarification.

Edit: I have seen just such "dark counties" on this earth, though some might better be termed "dark provinces." There are STILL entire provinces in Thailand, for example, with zero Adventist presence (e.g. no members, no church, no medical work, no school, no Christian radio or television coverage in the local language, etc.). I have been in villages where no one would have heard about the Christian God before. They certainly had not seen a real-live "foreigner" before--and they couldn't help staring.

Now, the reason I did not submit figures about the other Christian churches is because I simply do not have those. I do know that in Thailand, Christians account for about 1% of the total population. The majority of those Christians are not Protestants. Until very recently, there were zero radio stations broadcasting the gospel in the local language there every day. That goes for ALL Christian denominations. We Adventists have now built a radio station in northern Thailand, as of about six months ago, I think. Suffice it to say, Americans are not living in the darkest corner of the globe, and it thus becomes difficult for some to understand that there should still be such darkness in existence in other places.

Greenie

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Green Cochoa @ Apr 1 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]189431[/snapback]

I'm sorry you felt I was being arrogant, Clay. That is not at all the case. Let me bold some key thoughts in my prior statement, and then add a few additional comments for clarification.
Now, the reason I did not submit figures about the other Christian churches is because I simply do not have those. I do know that in Thailand, Christians account for about 1% of the total population. The majority of those Christians are not Protestants. Until very recently, there were zero radio stations broadcasting the gospel in the local language there every day. That goes for ALL Christian denominations. We Adventists have now built a radio station in northern Thailand, as of about six months ago, I think. Suffice it to say, Americans are not living in the darkest corner of the globe, and it thus becomes difficult for some to understand that there should still be such darkness in existence in other places.

Greenie

Greenie... wasn't referring to you... sorry I didn't clarify....

Pickle there are plenty of examples of the church assisting those whose employers require them to work on sabbath... except when that employer is the church.... You hear about them every time there is a sabbath on "Religious Liberty."

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Hi Clay.

I was referring to specific examples of an institution requiring people to work on Sabbath, rather than the church helping employees get off of Sabbath work.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 1 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]189435[/snapback]

Hi Clay.

I was referring to specific examples of an institution requiring people to work on Sabbath, rather than the church helping employees get off of Sabbath work.

One example is 3ABN. When events happen on the Sabbath, who runs the cameras, jibs, and other equipment? Who sets up and takes down all the lights, etc.? Who drives the trucks?

Some of the employees are not Adventist. When the Lord gave the command, He said:

Exo 20:10
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 1 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]189435[/snapback]

Hi Clay.

Pickle.... every sda run college or academy or hospital has employees who have to work on sabbath..... be they food service, security, or other support services... someone is required to be on duty....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Apr 1 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

If 3ABN is requiring people to do things on Sabbath that aren't necessary for the furtherance of the gospel, then it's wrong. But that doesn't mean that we need to stop preaching about the Sabbath till they come into line.

By the way, if anyone can help change the tone of http://www.christianforums.com/t4811533-3a...tml&page=22 I think it would be a good thing. It's not an Adventist website, so i think it's a bit different of a situation than here and at Maritime.

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 1 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]189439[/snapback]

Pickle.... every sda run college or academy or hospital has employees who have to work on sabbath..... be they food service, security, or other support services... someone is required to be on duty....

Is doing only essential work in, say, food service a violation of the 4th commandment?

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 1 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Yeah Bob, I used to go there for a while. Those people make me nervous they are so out of touch. I dont' think they can be reached.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Apr 1 2007, 05:55 PM) [snapback]189440[/snapback]

If 3ABN is requiring people to do things on Sabbath that aren't necessary for the furtherance of the gospel, then it's wrong. But that doesn't mean that we need to stop preaching about the Sabbath till they come into line.

By the way, if anyone can help change the tone of http://www.christianforums.com/t4811533-3a...tml&page=22 I think it would be a good thing. It's not an Adventist website, so i think it's a bit different of a situation than here and at Maritime.
Is doing only essential work in, say, food service a violation of the 4th commandment?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:43 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church