Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13337&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:12:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Facts News Release, www.amazingfacts.org
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,132

News Release: 4/18/2007 3ABN AND AMAZING FACTS TO UNITE MINISTRIES

MEDIA RELEASE

“If Christians were to act in concert, moving forward as one, under the direction of one Power, for the accomplishment of one purpose, they would move the world.”-- Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 221.

West Frankfort, IL – April 19, 2007 – Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) and Amazing Facts Ministries today announced upcoming plans for uniting the two international Christian media ministries. Lauding the global platform for evangelism this union will create, the Boards of Directors of both ministries unanimously approved moving toward joining the ministries under a new board and constituency.

Founded in 1984, 3ABN began broadcasting on November 23, 1986 and now transmits its signal to nine satellites that carry it to every inhabited continent with a potential viewing audience of hundreds of millions. In addition to its English-speaking television network, 3ABN operates 3ABN Books, 3ABN Radio and 3ABN Latino Television networks, along with a 3ABN television and radio production center in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. The ministry has also announced plans to launch the 3ABN International Network before the year’s end. The second largest Christian network in North America (in numbers of owned and operated UHF stations), 3ABN also has full-power stations in Papua New Guinea, Uganda, and the Philippines.

Beginning with a fifteen-minute radio broadcast in 1966, Amazing Facts has grown into a successful soul-winning dynamo. For over forty years Amazing Facts has provided strong evangelistic, ministry through an array of services that include evangelistic training through the Amazing Facts Center of Evangelism (AFCOE), a team of live itinerant evangelists, publishing, radio and television broadcasts, Bible school and a popular internet ministry.

While there are still a number of organizational details to be worked out, with good council both ministries are confident these things can be accomplished rapidly. For the immediate future we anticipate most of the normal operations at both ministries will remain the same. Our goal will be to optimize greater evangelistic impact to the world, more efficient service to the body of Christ and better stewardship of resources through this dynamic partnership.

In making the announcement, 3ABN’s Founder Danny Shelton stated, “We’re excited about uniting our ministries, which will accelerate our array of evangelistic services to reach the multitudes. The Spirit-filled speakers of Amazing Facts will share the undiluted truth of God’s Word on 3ABN’s global platform. The ministries will mobilize an army of Christians to conduct Bible studies in cities worldwide. Time is short—we need to maximize our efforts to reach lost souls.”

Doug Batchelor, Amazing Facts President/Speaker, commented, “This uniting of ministries will expand our operations and forge an impressive team of Christian managers who bring their unique talents and reputation for visionary leadership to the new organization. Our union will surely lead to greater effectiveness and economy in spreading the gospel to the world. We’re really excited about this comprehensive opportunity to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ.”

Danny Shelton comments, “Through God’s miraculous blessing He has allowed me to witness 23 years of the unfolding of the vision for 3ABN. I truly believe that this historic partnership with Amazing Facts is a continuation of the vision and can only say with calm assurance, God is leading.”

Doug Batchelor states, “In 1844 Samuel Morse sent the first electronic message. Quoting from Numbers 23:23 ‘What hath God wrought!’ Media has now become for the proclamation of the Gospel what the printing press was 500 years ago. The union of these two dynamic ministries represents a miraculous milestone and opportunity to fulfill the great commission. It's hard to describe the staggering potential! I simply stand in awesome wonder declaring. ‘What hath God wrought!’ As 3ABN and Amazing Facts join hands and hearts, wonderful things can happen to expand Jesus’ Kingdom.”

“The secret of our success in the work of God will be found in the harmonious working of our people. There must be concentrated action. Every member of the body of Christ must act his part in the cause of God, according to the ability that God has given him. We must press together against obstructions and difficulties, shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart.--Review and Herald, Dec. 2, 1890.”

“’Press together; press together,’ are the words of our divine Instructor. Unity is strength; disunion is weakness and defeat.” {CH 517.3}

“Again and again the angel has said to me, ‘Press together, press together, be of one mind, of one judgment,’ Christ is the leader, and you are brethren; follow Him.--Letter 4, 1890.” {Ev 102.1}

For More Information, Contact:
Amazing Facts
Office: 916.434.3880, ext. 3009
info@amazingfacts.org

Watch Doug Batchelor on an extraordinary 3ABN Today LIVE tonight at 8 p.m. (CT). He'll join host Danny Shelton with a major announcement that will change the face of global evangelism.

(Rebroadcast Sunday, April 22, at 3 p.m. central time.)

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news/read_news.asp?ID=138

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: Apr 19 2007, 06:26 PM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 19 2007, 06:08 PM
Post #2

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

I say PTL.gif clap.gif clap.gif

It will be a new Board of Directors, a new organization, where God's work can continue to go forth. Everyone should have what they want now, right?

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 19 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #3

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

You will have to read the other threads...apparently nothing is changing...they are just uniting what they have.............

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 19 2007, 05:08 PM) [snapback]192059[/snapback]

It will be a new Board of Directors, a new organization, where God's work can continue to go forth. Everyone should have what they want now, right?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(princessdi @ Apr 19 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]192060[/snapback]

You will have to read the other threads...apparently nothing is changing...they are just uniting what they have.............

I'd say that how things look today, might now be how they look in a few months. A few changes may happen yet.

While there are still a number of organizational details to be worked out, with good council both ministries are confident these things can be accomplished rapidly. For the immediate future we anticipate most of the normal operations at both ministries will remain the same.

(bold emphasis mine)

--------------------
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Apr 19 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 19 2007, 06:08 PM) [snapback]192059[/snapback]

What about the alleged victims of TS and those who were allegedly wrongfully terminated from 3ABN? I don't think this does anything for them. Please don't get me wrong - if this is the Lord's will for His ministries, then so be it. Obviously we are all taught to forgive...I just think we should not be too quick to forget...BTJM...

+Quote Post
freckleface
post Apr 19 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,222

I guess I wouldn’t focus so much as to what is being said. I would focus more on what is not being said. Example: Why make an announcement of this magnitude and no plan of action. Why join ministries when neither one wants to be the head? Why is Doug being so cautious in taking a position such as president but willing to join forces?

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post Apr 19 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(freckleface @ Apr 19 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]192065[/snapback]

I guess I wouldn’t focus so much as to what is being said. I would focus more on what is not being said. Example: Why make an announcement of this magnitude and no plan of action. Why join ministries when neither one wants to be the head? Why is Doug being so cautious in taking a position such as president but willing to join forces?

My mind has been running wild with such questions. I wasn't sure how many of them I reallly wanted to voice!

I'm hoping the LIVE presentation will help some, but not counting on it! 27 more minutes! (I've been counting down since 4 hours...)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Apr 19 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

The Amazing Facts announcement says there will be a new board with a new constitution. This means one board and one president, etc. for both ministries, which sounds like a merging of the two to me.

This will not happen overnight, but it will happen.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 19 2007, 06:44 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

Oh heavens.

I'm disgusted but not surprised. "Holy-holy-holy God-God-God ministry-ministry-ministry evangelism-ism-ism gospel-gospel-gospel." Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah yak yak yak yak yak yak yak all the stuff's the same all the stuff's the same.

I don't want to be a stumbling block for anyone, so I apologize for my attitude. I'm not going to hide it though.

I really hope that "for the immediate future" means more than just "change is bound to come;" I hope it means that someone will be carefully lifting up the carpet and cleaning up the lumps they find.

Let's send all our friends to save3abn.com.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
lookin4truth
post Apr 19 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,634

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Apr 19 2007, 08:42 PM) [snapback]192070[/snapback]

The Amazing Facts announcement says there will be a new board with a new constitution. This means one board and one president, etc. for both ministries, which sounds like a merging of the two to me.

This will not happen overnight, but it will happen.

joining the ministries under a new board and constituency

The quote says CONSTITUENCY not CONSTITUTION.

Constituency

1 a : a body of citizens entitled to elect a representative (as to a legislative or executive position) b : the residents in an electoral district c : an electoral district
2 a : a group or body that patronizes, supports, or offers representation <creating...a grass-roots constituency for continuing the project -- Fred Reed> b : the people involved in or served by an organization (as a business or institution) <regards its corporate customers as its prime constituency -- Andrew Hacker>

By speaking of a new constituency, they may have been referring to the new viewers that would be brought to the network by the merge.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 19 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #11

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(lookin4truth @ Apr 19 2007, 06:51 PM) [snapback]192075[/snapback]

By speaking of a new constituency, they may have been referring to the new viewers that would be brought to the network by the merge.

...but don't most of Amazing Facts' supporters watch them on 3ABN? I guess it is on regular TV in some places, but at terrible hours...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 19 2007, 06:56 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Apr 19 2007, 06:56 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 19 2007, 07:44 PM) [snapback]192071[/snapback]

Oh heavens.

I'm disgusted but not surprised. "Holy-holy-holy God-God-God ministry-ministry-ministry evangelism-ism-ism gospel-gospel-gospel." Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah yak yak yak yak yak yak yak all the stuff's the same all the stuff's the same.

I don't want to be a stumbling block for anyone, so I apologize for my attitude. I'm not going to hide it though.

I really hope that "for the immediate future" means more than just "change is bound to come;" I hope it means that someone will be carefully lifting up the carpet and cleaning up the lumps they find.

SE, I appreciate your honesty.

This post has been edited by Jnana15: Apr 19 2007, 06:56 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 20 2007, 01:21 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

maybe DB is being coy, extra careful until he has the control to do what needs to be done. he seemed uncomfortable in that seat and he sure looked like he was holding back a lot. you know how candid he is, he wasn't tonight. i dont think AF would take such a risk if they didn't have a really clever plan to get the control and then clean the house. hopefully DB won't lose his marriage or his family in this. i dont think he would take a "pretend" post as some of the dannyeyes are saying. i dont think he has time for those games. i think AF will only do this if they have full control. right now they are stacking their cards and it sure seems DS has no place else to turn. he might try to spin DB's wheels but i don't think he'll be successful. i think he sees that this part of his life is over. i can't see anymore filled auditoriums listening to him tell the same ol' story over and over. he's taking a slow boat to china (j/k) out of site/out of mind so AF can do their thing. first thing i'd do is hire a couple of secretary/spies for mollie and shelley..the only person i can trust up there anymore is moses. that man is one focused and devoted dude. God bless him. he's awesome.

QUOTE(freckleface @ Apr 19 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]192065[/snapback]

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 20 2007, 07:48 AM
Post #14

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 19 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]192071[/snapback]

Oh heavens.

Amen!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 20 2007, 08:15 AM
Post #15

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

He seemed uncomfortable (IMO) because he felt that they were trying to "make" him become the new president of this new entity and yet, this is not what he wants....OR he was uncomfortable because not enough of the structural details were in place. Both make good sense to me.

What was clear to me was that Pastor Doug batchelor is excited about the possibilities for the Kingdom of God and that this is of God.

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 20 2007, 02:21 AM) [snapback]192121[/snapback]

maybe DB is being coy, extra careful until he has the control to do what needs to be done. he seemed uncomfortable in that seat and he sure looked like he was holding back a lot. you know how candid he is, he wasn't tonight. i dont think AF would take such a risk if they didn't have a really clever plan to get the control and then clean the house. hopefully DB won't lose his marriage or his family in this. i dont think he would take a "pretend" post as some of the dannyeyes are saying. i dont think he has time for those games. i think AF will only do this if they have full control. right now they are stacking their cards and it sure seems DS has no place else to turn. he might try to spin DB's wheels but i don't think he'll be successful. i think he sees that this part of his life is over. i can't see anymore filled auditoriums listening to him tell the same ol' story over and over. he's taking a slow boat to china (j/k) out of site/out of mind so AF can do their thing. first thing i'd do is hire a couple of secretary/spies for mollie and shelley..the only person i can trust up there anymore is moses. that man is one focused and devoted dude. God bless him. he's awesome.

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 20 2007, 08:16 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:13 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church