Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13337&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:49 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Facts News Release, www.amazingfacts.org
caribbean sda
post Apr 20 2007, 08:25 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 20 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]192121[/snapback]

the only person i can trust up there anymore is moses. that man is one focused and devoted dude. God bless him. he's awesome.

Moses Primo does seem very steadfast and diligent in advancing the technological capabilites of 3ABN. I think he can work anywhere with his knowledge and skill.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lurker
post Apr 20 2007, 10:09 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

I have been trying to find out who is on Amazing Facts' present board. I have no clue but I hope the new and improved board will be more ethical and less wimpy than the current 3ABN board.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 20 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

afro.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 21 2007, 12:20 AM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 21 2007, 12:19 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(freckleface @ Apr 19 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]192065[/snapback]

I guess I wouldn’t focus so much as to what is being said. I would focus more on what is not being said. Example: Why make an announcement of this magnitude and no plan of action. Why join ministries when neither one wants to be the head? Why is Doug being so cautious in taking a position such as president but willing to join forces?

could it be because danny is flying off to china?

to me....doug looked very uncomfortable, slumped down in his chair like he wanted to slip out of site during the first half of the live show. then after the break and he went from the left side of danny (with walt hanging over his shoulder) to the right side of danny. he began to act a little more "into" the whole "love, light and positive wonders of it all" after that break. I thought he was very reserved, which i don't blame him for, but it sure seems like he acted a lot different after the break. you think maybe someone had a talk with him (encouraging him to appear more upbeat and positive?) and maybe he let them know he didn't like walt breathing down his neck. if anyone has this recorded, take a look at that and let me know how it looks to you.

also, i don't want this to sound mean but shelley and mollie really nausiated me in the way they tried to jockey themselves to the highest position. they really over-acted their positiveness and enthusiasm over the whole thing. all starry eyed and beaming as if they'd seen this in "vision". shelley acts like she is positioning herself as the next Ellen White with her "dreams and visions and "you know mollie and i prayed about this very thing weeks ago" routine. God fogive me if i'm being a stumbling block but honestly, i think it was a bunch of "foney baloney". let's not forget how they spun tales about Linda and her daughter and "all those evil doers on the internet".
you have to be really careful what you believe about ppl who say they've dreamed dreams or had visions or "felt the Holy Spirit moving". it's important, so very important in these last days that we pray fervently for discernment. we need that so badly. Let's all memorize 2Cor. 11:13-15, 2Thess. 2:10-12 and 2Tim. Ch.3 and 4.
God be with us all, Mo

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
simplysaved
post Apr 21 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #20

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 830

Mo,

We also have to be careful that we are not projecting here either. Why would they not be happy? I WOULD if I were in that position. Not everything is a conspiracy. It is great news that a ministry they are involved with, 3ABN, is not only being re-picked by Sky Angel but the Dish Network as well! PTL.gif

and I will say this again regarding Pastor Doug Batchelor's demeanor:

QUOTE(simplysaved @ Apr 20 2007, 08:15 AM) [snapback]192150[/snapback]

He seemed uncomfortable (IMO) because he felt that they were trying to "make" him become the new president of this new entity and yet, this is not what he wants....OR he was uncomfortable because not enough of the structural details were in place. Both make good sense to me.

What was clear to me was that Pastor Doug batchelor is excited about the possibilities for the Kingdom of God and that this is of God.

happysabbath.gif EVERYONE!!!!! happydance.gif

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 21 2007, 01:19 AM) [snapback]192276[/snapback]

could it be because danny is flying off to china?

to me....doug looked very uncomfortable, slumped down in his chair like he wanted to slip out of site during the first half of the live show. then after the break and he went from the left side of danny (with walt hanging over his shoulder) to the right side of danny. he began to act a little more "into" the whole "love, light and positive wonders of it all" after that break. I thought he was very reserved, which i don't blame him for, but it sure seems like he acted a lot different after the break. you think maybe someone had a talk with him (encouraging him to appear more upbeat and positive?) and maybe he let them know he didn't like walt breathing down his neck. if anyone has this recorded, take a look at that and let me know how it looks to you.

also, i don't want this to sound mean but shelley and mollie really nausiated me in the way they tried to jockey themselves to the highest position. they really over-acted their positiveness and enthusiasm over the whole thing. all starry eyed and beaming as if they'd seen this in "vision". shelley acts like she is positioning herself as the next Ellen White with her "dreams and visions and "you know mollie and i prayed about this very thing weeks ago" routine. God fogive me if i'm being a stumbling block but honestly, i think it was a bunch of "foney baloney". let's not forget how they spun tales about Linda and her daughter and "all those evil doers on the internet".
you have to be really careful what you believe about ppl who say they've dreamed dreams or had visions or "felt the Holy Spirit moving". it's important, so very important in these last days that we pray fervently for discernment. we need that so badly. Let's all memorize 2Cor. 11:13-15, 2Thess. 2:10-12 and 2Tim. Ch.3 and 4.
God be with us all, Mo

This post has been edited by simplysaved: Apr 21 2007, 05:26 AM

--------------------
"No weapon formed against YOU (Sarah--and every Believer/Servant of God) shall prosper and every tongue that rises against you in judgement you will condemn...."--Isaiah 54:17

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 21 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

My own opinion on Doug's demeanor on the Thursday Night Live program is that it was most likely a result what he shared with the audience at the beginning of the show - not having slept at all the night before. Add onto that two plane rides and the preparatory meetings in the days before and I think that would take a toll on any human being.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
vanburton
post Apr 21 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #22

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,813

Just some thoughts on the quotes used in the press release (parenthetical comments are those of this poster):

“If Christians were to act in concert, (are 3abn and AF playing different tunes?) moving forward as one, (as one, not into one) under the direction of one Power, (they both, I believe, are acting under the One same power; they say it themselves) for the accomplishment of one purpose, (I also believe they already have the same purpose) they would move the world.”-- Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 221.

“The secret of our success in the work of God will be found in the harmonious (Is there disharmony between 3abn and AF? They seem to already work in harmony together on several joint projects) working of our people. There must be concentrated (They both do this already very well) action. Every member of the body of Christ must act his part (They are both members, part of the body, PTL) in the cause of God, according to the ability that God has given him (Again, both entities have demonstrated wonderful abilities for spreading the gospel). We must press together against obstructions and difficulties, shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart. (Press together . . . they do this already)--Review and Herald, Dec. 2, 1890.”

“’Press together; press together,’ are the words of our divine Instructor. Unity is strength; disunion (There is no disunity, both, as members of the body are doing their part under One power and for the same purpose) is weakness and defeat.” {CH 517.3}

“Again and again the angel has said to me, ‘Press together, press together, be of one mind, (the mind of Christ) of one judgment, (that of brotherly love, and the human frailty that goes with it)’ Christ is the leader, and you are brethren; follow Him.--Letter 4, 1890.” {Ev 102.1}

So, why the merge? The only merge that makes sense is Christ in us, we in Him. That's the bottom line. Is bigger better?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 21 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #23

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

vanburton,
You, a woman of few words, have once again brought some compelling thoughts to this discussion.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Apr 21 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #24

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

"The more things change, the more they stay the same"

This post has been edited by seraph|m: Apr 21 2007, 10:22 PM

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 22 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

oh i don't mean to say the merger isn't good or real or blessed of God. it probably is, but in a way that the motives of those who brought it about are not as they planned. even tho' it may be a good thing, it doesn't mean it was done for the right reasons. what i am saying is i think that some of the ppl there on that show were faking happiness about the whole thing for various personal reasons. i believe that their super positive attitude was phoney. i think it was more about them trying to keep their positions, or possibly gain more ground with this change, than it was true happiness for the two ministries. i think they are hoping this merger will solve all the problems without any of them being held accountable for their wrongdoing. (and most of you know who "they" is) that this will take away a big portion of all the negative that has come their way and put the focus on other things. but..............the things that have been done and said, on air and off, cannot be allowed to be forgotten in all the hullabaloo of this huge event. yes we all wanted to see changes made at 3abn and i think we should be happy about that and Praise God for that and be supportive to AF. hopefully this will work and 3abn will be run right with a board that is actually a "board". that's just one half of the equation however. let's not forget the other half; holding accountable the few people who have behaved badly (to put it mildly), possibly done things illegally and dishonestly and deliberately hurt others. we can't let this huge thing be such a distraction as to accomplish the silencing of those who are speaking out and taking actions against that wrongdoing.
so now, hopefully, 3abn will be saved. that's 1 down. but let's not be naive, or be deceived or cynical about what all else needs to be done. the discernment needed here is of Biblical porportions and by the grace of God, ALL will be resolved and restored. this is far from over and i pray that all of us here, including myself, will be discerning and stay focused on the truth. i pray that we will not be easily swayed or tricked or deceived or tempted. i pray that we will handle the tasks before us with grace and dignity and with all seriousness knowing that we do all things in the sight of God and that real human beings with real feelings and frailties are involved. I just want to say now that i have learned a lot about myself and what i say and how i say it and i appreciate all of you here. i believe all of us who speak out here are honestly trying to make a difference. May God guide us in all that we do and say and think. God bless, Mo

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 22 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

I watched the show and it seemed at times with all the talk of dreams and visions and "God told me this or that," like I was watching a group of Pentecostals. Shelly Quinn sounded as if she had received a psychic reading. God told her something about 3abn not doing well the first quarter of this year, but then it would not merely survive but thrive. Did anyone else catch that? I had to wonder if that meant that "survival" had been in question in her mind.

One of our local church member's daughter-in-law works for Amazing Facts. She describes Doug Batchelor as a strong-willed micro-manager. It is hard to imagine he and Danny being able to work together for any length of time.

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Apr 22 2007, 09:24 PM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Apr 22 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 22 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]192511[/snapback]

I watched the show and it seemed at times with all the talk of dreams and visions and "God told me this or that," like I was watching a group of Pentecostals. Shelly Quinn sounded as if she had received a psychic reading. God told her something about 3abn not doing well the first quarter of this year, but then it would not merely survive but thrive. Did anyone else catch that? I had to wonder if that meant that "survival" had been in question in her mind....

That was so disappointing to watch no.gif

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Apr 22 2007, 10:44 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
no_cults
post Apr 23 2007, 07:43 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 22 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]192521[/snapback]

That was so disappointing to watch no.gif
Rosyroi

I agree.... same spinmeisters. No wonder DB was slumping in his chair.
Must have been terribly embarrasing to him. Each one going on and
on about their visions and building up themselves doing their best to
act "up-beat" about this merger/takeover. Almost nearly funny, but
more disgusting than anything else.

Anyone really believe that there would have been a merger w/o:

1. Severe financial troubles.
2. Perpetual rumours of DS's miss-deeds concerning marriage and subsequent re-marriage.
3. Exodus of employees very willing to speak out.
4. Problems with uses money which threaten their 501C2 designation.
5. Rumours which appear to be true concerning a family member's involvment
in the abuse of young men and small boys..... (recently substantiated by many)

I am sure I have left out others, but this was NOT 3abn's idea. For DS to give up
any of his power does not appear to be within his nature. He vigorously resisted
a few years back when the church reached out and wanted a closer connection.
To speak out and voice dissent with him meant you were probably not going
to last too long with the organization. The very fact that board decisions are
often (bragged about this) are unanimous votes says a lot. It is amazing how
people will give up their principles just to have a little bit of air-time or the ego
building boost of being on someone's board.... but I have seen it happen often.
People will say something privately... but when given the opportunity to voice thier
oppinions that could be controversial --- they keep thier mouths shut. Like Solomon
said.. it is all about ego and vanity.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 23 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 21 2007, 02:46 PM) [snapback]192337[/snapback]

My own opinion on Doug's demeanor on the Thursday Night Live program is that it was most likely a result what he shared with the audience at the beginning of the show - not having slept at all the night before. Add onto that two plane rides and the preparatory meetings in the days before and I think that would take a toll on any human being.

Ahhhh, this was like a warm spring day following a bleak and cold winter.

Eirene

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 23 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 23 2007, 06:20 AM) [snapback]192567[/snapback]

Ahhhh, this was like a warm spring day following a bleak and cold winter.

Eirene

spoton.gif Occam's Razor, my sister.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church