Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13337&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:40:26 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Facts News Release, www.amazingfacts.org
Grith
post Apr 27 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,399

Today as I reading the forum, a quote from Ellen White came to mind. Whether you believe in the SOP or not, I believe you will find a great deal of truth in this statement with regards to the current situation with 3abn (and possibly AF, though I hope not). I am bolding some phrases that especially stand out.
Satan has gained marked advantage in ----- because the people of God have not guarded the outposts. The very men whose labors God has signified that He would accept if they were fully consecrated have been the ones to be deceived, to fail in their duties, and to prove a terrible burden and discouragement, instead of the help and blessing that they should have been. These men who have been trusted to keep the fort have well-nigh betrayed it into the hands of the enemy. They have opened the gates to a wily foe, who has sought to destroy them. {4T 211.2}

Men of experience have seen stealthy hands slipping the bolts that Satan might enter; yet they have held their peace with apparent indifference as to the results. Some have been glad to see this, as it seemed an extenuation of their past neglect, which made it a necessity to call for others to fill the posts of responsibility that they had abused or neglected. This lack of watchfulness on the part of these newer incumbents seemed to excuse the former for their own want of faithfulness, as it showed that others were fully as derelict in duty. These persons do not realize that God holds them responsible for every advantage gained by the foe who is admitted to the fort. The desolation and ruin following lie at the door of the unfaithful sentinels, who, by their neglect, become agents in the hands of the adversary to win souls to destruction. Men in responsible positions should seek wisdom and guidance of God, and not trust to their own judgment and knowledge. Like Solomon they should earnestly pray for faith and light, and God will give them freely of His abundant supply. {4T 211.3}

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
erik
post Apr 27 2007, 09:10 AM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(Grith @ Apr 27 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]193220[/snapback]

Today as I reading the forum, a quote from Ellen White came to mind. Whether you believe in the SOP or not, I believe you will find a great deal of truth in this statement with regards to the current situation with 3abn (and possibly AF, though I hope not). I am bolding some phrases that especially stand out.

Grith,

Amen on your qoute.

erik

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Apr 27 2007, 09:30 AM
Post #78

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Grith @ Apr 27 2007, 07:05 AM) [snapback]193220[/snapback]

Yes, AMEN!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 28 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #79

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

I found this post made by Tomatoe in response to Rosie55 on ChristianForum.com.

It actually says quite a bit.

Originally Posted by Rosie55

Tomatoe--I know this is the week-end but I hope you can help me with more questions.

This merger is interesting news to many people. Some are saying this is happening because Pastor Bachelor is to take over 3abn because of Danny's sins.

They are saying Pastor B. will take over 3ABN. We know you said this is not the case but that each will have their separate duties and titles.

Some are saying Pastor B. is trying to "hide" Danny's supposed sins.

I think these people are not understanding the real reasons for the merger.

I know you've said it before but I guess my question is this: Is Doug taking over 3abn to hide Danny's supposed sins?

What people do not seem to be comprehending here is this merge is so much bigger than Danny or Doug.

There are lots of people involved in this.

Well respected people and leaders of the church.

Doug has several conference people on his board and that are involved with AF.

Danny has members of ASI and the conference on his and also plenty more that associate with 3ABN.

How people think that 2 people could make this decision of a "cover up" and then make it happen is beyond me.

1. AF is a very successful ministry in it's own right, why get involved with 3abn if the Internet allegations are true?

2. Doug could not make this move without his board's approval. In order to get that approval he had to present them with the reasons and advantages for this merger. Covering Danny's sins was not one of those reasons that he brought to the table.

3. Why should AF or Doug cover Danny's sins if they were, indeed, true?

4. Why would AF and Doug want to take on anymore responsibilities than they already have with the Sacramento church and AF?

5. Why would Danny for any circumstances, just hand over the biggest media tool the denomination has ever known. Not to mention the 23 years it took him to build it.

6. Contrary to rumors, 3abn is not in debt and have several million more in assets than AF. So again, the rumors that 3abn needs AF to bail them out of financial problems are totally false.

Now the truth of the merger.

Simple. 2 great ministries together are stronger and can do more to evangelize the world than each on his own.

Putting the AF people with their evangelistic expertise with the 3ABN people and their media expertise is a win, win combination.

It combines ideas, boards and financial support to make more happen with less, by working together.

Each bring their talents and means to the table. Each have their areas of expertise and knowledge.

By merging your double even triple your ideas of bringing the 3 angels message to the world.

Why is AF willing to do this with all the allegations being spread?

Because they know they are not true.

Doug has worked too closely with 3ABN and Danny through through the years, to know what is truth and what is not.

AF knows they are unfounded and are therefore, willing to join hands together in one of the strongest moves and unions in the church's history.

Danny has offered the title of presidency to Doug while maintaining CEO/Founder title and remaining in control at 3ABN, while Doug remains in control of AF.

This merge isn't about day to day operations at either ministry.

Nor is it about a take over or Danny stepping aside.

Quite the opposite. Both men and ministries are about being even more involved in preaching, teaching, seminars, and raising funds to keep up with all the latest technology so the gospel can be spread to more and more remote areas.

Notice I said Danny has offered the title of Presidency.

That remains to be seen until the merged board is formed and titles are voted on. Some things have been worked out, many decisions are still to be made, but, know this:

Both ministries will continue under their present leadership with day to day operations remaining the same.

I have separated the sentences for clearer understanding. Plus I added punctuation and spell checked these posts. Emphasis is mine.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
vanburton
post Apr 28 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #80

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,813

It was said that this "merger" is about "Christians pressing together in harmonious unity shoulder to shoulder, heart to heart, in concentrated effort. Well then, why stop with just two? It seems that others should be sought out in a "mega-merge".

Let's see, there's IIW, VOP, BOL, FFT, LBM, ASI, and GO (sorry if I left out your favorite). How about The Carter Report or Maranatha or the countless others that DS has promoted?

Press together, unify. Why not go all the way? Then we could call it "The United Ministries of the Seventh-day Adventist Church".

If the 3abn/AF merge is BIG, think BIGGER!

(And don't forget all those other Christian ministries that are not SDA)

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 28 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

Fran just quoted this long post from tomatoe from CF of which i'd like to comment on these few sentences.
This is the question to Tomatoe (who thinks he's an expert on these matters)

Q.- "Why is AF willing to do this with all the allegations being spread?

From Tomatoe:Because they know they are not true.
So, Amazing Facts has done an investigation into all allegations and found all to be untrue??? If this were true, why wouldn't they share that information and end all our debates???

Doug has worked too closely with 3ABN and Danny through through the years, to know what is truth and what is not.
soooooooooo.....just by working closely with someone makes you know what is truth in all their personal and business life???? ..... many diviorced people who have lived together and shared their lives together for years will say, "he/she is not who i thought they were. we lived together all those years and i thought we were very close but it seems i never knew him/her at all". doesn't it seem more reasonable that if you're married and don't know someone like you think you do that you can work with someone and not really know them as well as you think?

AF knows they are unfounded and are therefore, willing to join hands together in one of the strongest moves and unions in the church's history.
Again, IF Amazing Facts knows all this, they must be the only ones who KNOW all is unfounded and untrue, so why don't they tell us? why don't they tell those who are sure they know different?? why don't they clear the air so that things can go back to just "being about our Father's business???
If AF knows then they must have investigated, right? that's reasonable to assume. they have known of all the accusations and they have investigated all of them and they KNOW none are true so they feel confident about this merger but yet they don't feel confident letting US know what they know. doesn't that sound quite odd?

these are such rediculous statements.

it is more likely that AF does not know most of what is "the truth" and they probably don't even know of most of the allegations but they are thinking this is a great opportunity for both ministries and that those certain ppl from 3ABN who have accusations against them will be handling those allegations outside of 3ABN therefore the ministry will not continue to suffer the burdens of those 3ABN employees that have issues to deal with. I think GMc probably made AF that promise.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 28 2007, 03:34 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:40 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church