Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13337&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:39:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Facts News Release, www.amazingfacts.org
inga
post Apr 23 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #31

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 22 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]192511[/snapback]

I watched the show and it seemed at times with all the talk of dreams and visions and "God told me this or that," like I was watching a group of Pentecostals. Shelly Quinn sounded as if she had received a psychic reading. God told her something about 3abn not doing well the first quarter of this year, but then it would not merely survive but thrive. Did anyone else catch that? I had to wonder if that meant that "survival" had been in question in her mind.
If she said "not only survive but thrive," then survival had surely entered her mind. ...

I haven't seen Doug majoring on dreams and visions, and I hope he's level-headed enough to do some housecleaning and sweep out all those Pentecostal infiltrators.
One of our local church member's daughter-in-law works for Amazing Facts. She describes Doug Batchelor as a strong-willed micro-manager. It is hard to imagine he and Danny being able to work together for any length of time.
wink.gif I can believe it. smile.gif And that sounds like very interesting times ahead for 3ABN staffers. wink.gif

I have just one question: Where is Doug going to get that extra 24 hours a day he will need to fulfill another full-time job? I mean, he's already a pastor of a large church, president of Amazing Facts, and now ...?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 02:01 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Apr 22 2007, 10:43 PM) [snapback]192521[/snapback]

That was so disappointing to watch no.gif
Rosyroi

This may be my harshest statement on here and i don't mean it that way it's just some things are harsh and this one is serious. I believe SHELLY QUINN IS POSITIONING HERSELF TO BE THE NEXT ELLEN WHITE. There's no,no,no,not any comparison. She's made me uncomfortable from the first time i laid eyes on her. i said; "that woman makes me nervous. that's a woman looking for fame. and she is, of course, deceived. (i would compare her to David Koresh being Christ incarnate) just beware ppl be very aware.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 04:28 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Fran
post Apr 24 2007, 03:46 AM
Post #33

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 24 2007, 02:01 AM) [snapback]192694[/snapback]

This may be my harshed statement on here and i don't mean it that way it's just some things are harsh and this one is serious. I believe SHELLY QUINN IS POSITIONING HERSELF TO BE THE NEXT ELLEN WHITE. There's no,no,no,not any comparison. She's made me uncomfortable from the first time i laid eyes on her. i said; "that woman makes me nervous. that's a woman looking for fame. and she is, of course, deceived. (i would compare her to David Koresh being Christ incarnate) ppl better be very aware of that sly fox.

Mozart;

This is getting strange. The more I read your posts, the more I agree with your opinions!

It has taken me several years to see clearly that you may be exactly correct. I remember her before 3ABN. Her prayers were so spirit filled. When she prayed every one could "FEEL" what we were sure was the HOLY SPIRIT. At that time I felt she was being used by God.

I remember when she was in Texas and was offered a position at 3ABN. We all gathered and rejoiced and prayed for her success. This was before the IL vs. 3ABN Property Tax Lawsuit was ever heard of.

I can still remember her stumbling her words in front of the camera and how Linda allowed her continue to practice in front of the camera. I have to commend her for that patience with Shelley.

I would make sure I never missed her "Exalting God's Word" program. She got much better. Danny later gave her a position on Up Close. However, her popularity became greater than Danny's. Everyone, all together now, what happened to her next?

She is rarely seen in programing. She is so busy doing "Things" that she is no longer using her abilities for Christ in front of the camera. This last weekend I did see Exalting God's Word come on, but I turned it off.

I have not decided if she has been deceived, mislead, or if Danny has claimed her as an anointed one, too many times. I did, however, decide last year upon learning she and Danny made a killing on the 10 Commandment book, that my days of listening to Shelly Quinn were numbered.

My decision was sealed forever when she preached her Sermonette at the 3ABN "Roast Linda and Boast Danny" televised roasting/boasting party.

I believe she could be used of God still, but she does really need to get her humility back first.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Apr 24 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 24 2007, 03:01 AM) [snapback]192694[/snapback]

This may be my harshed statement on here and i don't mean it that way it's just some things are harsh and this one is serious. I believe SHELLY QUINN IS POSITIONING HERSELF TO BE THE NEXT ELLEN WHITE. There's no,no,no,not any comparison. She's made me uncomfortable from the first time i laid eyes on her. i said; "that woman makes me nervous. that's a woman looking for fame. and she is, of course, deceived. (i would compare her to David Koresh being Christ incarnate) ppl better be very aware of that sly fox.

Mozart, I didn't want to say it, but the thought crossed my mind that she thinks she is a prophet. Was she a charismatic before she became an Adventist?

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 24 2007, 11:26 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Apr 24 2007, 01:02 PM) [snapback]192747[/snapback]

Mozart, I didn't want to say it, but the thought crossed my mind that she thinks she is a prophet. Was she a charismatic before she became an Adventist?

Yes... and a minister.... so was Mollie Steenson.... and Hal Steenson. Don't know about C. A. Murray. Anyone have info on him?

+Quote Post
Eirene
post Apr 24 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(inga @ Apr 23 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]192678[/snapback]

If she said "not only survive but thrive," then survival had surely entered her mind. ...

I haven't seen Doug majoring on dreams and visions, and I hope he's level-headed enough to do some housecleaning and sweep out all those Pentecostal infiltrators. wink.gif I can believe it. smile.gif And that sounds like very interesting times ahead for 3ABN staffers. wink.gif

I have just one question: Where is Doug going to get that extra 24 hours a day he will need to fulfill another full-time job? I mean, he's already a pastor of a large church, president of Amazing Facts, and now ...?

Inga, I think by your posts, it might be conducive for you to go back and read some facts here and at CF. Doug will not need another 24 hours. He has said over and over he wants to be freed up for more evangelism. The last thing he wants to do is run 3abn as well as his own church and ministry. There will be no "cleaning house." That is not Doug's position in this. Actually the titles haven't even been voted on much less confirmed. What he has made clear is that Danny will continue to run 3abn as CEO. Safeguards are in place where one ministry can't "take over" the other ministry. Even though it seems you are purposely choosing not to acknowledge the facts, that doesn't make your fantasies ,realities. Time will prove that eventually you must let go of your "dreams" of what you want to happen, and accept the accuality of what is going to happen.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Apr 24 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Eirene @ Apr 24 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]192767[/snapback]

There will be no "cleaning house." That is not Doug's position in this.

If that's the case, this merger is already doomed.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
caribbean sda
post Apr 24 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,678

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 24 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]192756[/snapback]

Yes... and a minister.... so was Mollie Steenson.... and Hal Steenson. Don't know about C. A. Murray. Anyone have info on him?

Clement A. Murray, otherwise known as C.A. Murray, attended Erie Community and Alliance College on a basketball scholarship, then graduated from Oakwood College with Bachelors degrees in Religion and Behavioral Science, before graduating from Andrews University with a Masters in Pastoral Ministry.

--------------------
"Press on, regardless...what's to come is better than what's been...!"

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 24 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(caribbean sda @ Apr 24 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]192778[/snapback]

Clement A. Murray, otherwise known as C.A. Murray, attended Erie Community and Alliance College on a basketball scholarship, then graduated from Oakwood College with Bachelors degrees in Religion and Behavioral Science, before graduating from Andrews University with a Masters in Pastoral Ministry.

Thank you.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

that's definitely true and a good point but i personally would have rather been sitting in another seat. giggle.gif
QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Apr 21 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]192337[/snapback]

My own opinion on Doug's demeanor on the Thursday Night Live program is that it was most likely a result what he shared with the audience at the beginning of the show - not having slept at all the night before. Add onto that two plane rides and the preparatory meetings in the days before and I think that would take a toll on any human being.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 03:55 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Quote Fran
Mozart;
This is getting strange. The more I read your posts, the more I agree with your opinions!

Me: dunno.gif roflmao.gif what'd i do? lol

Quote Fran
....I have not decided if she has been deceived, mislead, or if Danny has claimed her as an anointed one, too many times. I did, however, decide last year upon learning she and Danny made a killing on the 10 Commandment book, that my days of listening to Shelly Quinn were numbered.

My decision was sealed forever when she preached her Sermonette at the 3ABN "Roast Linda and Boast Danny" televised roasting/boasting party.

I believe she could be used of God still, but she does really need to get her humility back first.....

ME: well, personally, i think it's much more than that. the woman said, "people all day have been saying i'm just bubbling out all over and i guess i am. i feel like a new bride!!! clap.gif clap.gif "
scratchchin.gif the woman was scary.

(wonder if Ellen White was that excitable. NOT!)

anyway, i don't want to trash the woman but i just feel it in my bones. i do not think she is good for teaching or preaching religion. i used to be very heavily involved in the "new age". i can smell it. she's a prime candidate. i'm sorry if that offends anybody, but i have to say what i have to say to protect my God, my church and my friends. i pray the Lord will open her heart and change her completely, but, right now, her thinking and understanding is way off.
here is something i've wanted to share but the time just hasn't come up. now is the time:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/PsychicOrSatan/Praying.html

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 07:44 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 24 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]192756[/snapback]

Yes... and a minister....

more details please WB. i remember her telling what i thought was kind of her testimony. the impression she gave was that she was SDA and she told her husband that she had been studying and praying and just felt convicted that God has called her to preach! she asked her husband what he thought. i believe she said that her and her husband ran a business together. not sure if my memory serves me correctly on that one. seems this was on 3ABN not long after linda was fired. the hair on the back of my neck instantly came up. are you saying she was a preacher/minister prior to that? if so where?
thanks, Mo

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 04:38 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Apr 24 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

Good insight, Mozart. SQ made me nervous from the first time I saw/heard her speak. Thursday night, she couldn't hold the past back any longer. The new bride started spilling out some of the old anointed terms like "synergy." But, the one that took the cake, and was a dead giveaway, was when she finally blurted out "birthing," and opened her arms, and grinned that divining smile. I thought for sure a dove was going to descend at any moment.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 24 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Apr 24 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]192814[/snapback]

Good insight, Mozart. SQ made me nervous from the first time I saw/heard her speak. Thursday night, she couldn't hold the past back any longer. The new bride started spilling out some of the old anointed terms like "synergy." But, the one that took the cake, and was a dead giveaway, was when she finally blurted out "birthing," and opened her arms, and grinned that divining smile. I thought for sure a dove was going to descend at any moment.

Desend or fall over dead?
thanks LD, but if i have any insight i can only praise the Lord for that. when i was delivered out of the "occult/new-age" i made God a promise. i said as i held up the Bible, "i will never again do anything that is not in THIS BOOK." then i prayed, "Lord, all i ask is discernment so i will never be deceived like this again." i know many times HE has blessed me with that. sometimes i use my own discernment, but i can usually tell when the Lord is showing me. May HE bless us all that way and have mercy on all who are deceived.
maybe we can start another thread on that; but let's not hijack this one. God bless our eyes, our hearts and our minds.

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 24 2007, 07:53 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
roxe
post Apr 24 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 24 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]192806[/snapback]

more details please WB. i remember her telling what i thought was kind of her testimony. the impression she gave was that she was SDA and she told her husband that she had been studying and praying and just felt convicted that God has called her to preach! she asked her husband what he thought. i believe she said that her and her husband ran a business together. not sure if my memory serves me correctly on that one. seems this was on 3ABN not long after linda was fired. the hair on the back of my neck instantly came up. are you saying she was a preacher/minister prior to that? if so where?
thanks, Mo

beginning last 27 Nov 06, watchbird and i engaged in a discussion about this over on Maritime... it is in the member only forum entitled "Independent Ministries". the thread name is "Abberant Doctrines & 3ABN?"

i think there are other threads within that same forum which speak on this topic also.

http://www.maritime-sda-online.org/forums/ubbthreads.php

you can find the "register" button on this webpage along with the other navigation buttons, at the top of the page immediately below the forum logo.

This post has been edited by roxe: Apr 24 2007, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:39 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church