Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13443&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rosie Lies Of 26th April 2007, 02:08 Pm Allowed On Cf, not all forums are created equal
SoulEspresso
post Apr 30 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 06:09 AM) [snapback]193531[/snapback]

I also found it hard to understand why anyone... even a Danny or Dannyclone... would use "tomatoe" as a "public name"

then it hit me..... ..... ...... tomato.gif..... tomato.gif..... tomato.gif..... tomato.gif.....
.......... sofa1.gif.........

clap.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif

Spelling it "tomatoe" always reminds me of a certain ex-Vice President and another edible plant ...

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Apr 30 2007, 08:28 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Apr 30 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #17

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Apr 30 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]193540[/snapback]

clap.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
Spelling it "tomatoe" always reminds me of a certain ex-Vice President and another edible plant ...

Don't think I want to "go there".....

But I've heard that in the "good old days" when politicians visited rural farm areas to make their campaign speeches...... local farmers brought bushels of tomatoes that were too rotten to be sold so the locals could express their negative "appreciation" in a rather direct way. I guess those tomatoes didn't have any say in being used in that way. But it seems as though we now have at least one which hurls himself at any who disagrees with him....

Interesting switcheroo..... yes.gif rofl1.gif..................... wave.gif

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 30 2007, 09:59 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]193547[/snapback]

But it seems as though we now have at least one which hurls himself at any who disagrees with him....

I noticed that WB.

However, I quickly discovered at CF that although this one does not mind being hurled he hates to be asked direct questions and refuses in his own words "to be grilled".

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 30 2007, 10:01 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif roflmao.gif
QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 07:09 AM) [snapback]193531[/snapback]

What I said was that I found it hard to understand.... sadwalk.gif.... but I'm getting there.... crutch.gif

I also found it hard to understand why anyone... even a Danny or Dannyclone... would use "tomatoe" as a "public name"..... uhm.gif ......

scratchchin.gif
doh.gif...... then it hit me..... ..... ...... tomato.gif.....
.......... sofa1.gif.........

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 30 2007, 06:07 AM) [snapback]193529[/snapback]

The mods at CF, like the mods at CA are pro-Danny's camp... and have reached a point where they barely maintain a pretense of objectivity. If one is going to post there, they should know that those critical of DS et al are kept on a much shorter leash and given far less leeway than those who are DS supporters.

In His service,
Mr. J

yes you are correct. in fact i dont even like to go over there because of the excessive hostility. there is only one adventist they have as a mod for our forums over there and she is quesitonable. i emailed them about that last week and got a reply from a lady in "cusotmer concerns" who said: they may have other adventists (they don't know?) that might (they don't know?) be in other forums but yes there is only one adventist for our forum.
wonder when "Christians" became such good politicians? anyway, i have no doubt this one adventist is not only predjudice but very nominal and "progressive" (they like to call it) but i've seen her say she and her pastor husband don't believe in EGW but he can't admit that because of his job. i don't get ppl that go to a church they don't even believe in, especially if it's a pastor on the payroll.
now before one of you goes ballistic on me assuming i think EGW is = to the Bible or John the Baptist or something, i've never thought that. i've never called her a prophet. she asked ppl not to call her a prophet and i respect her enough not to do that. i'm sure she had very good reason for saying that. i consider her very good Bible counsel and i would say that whether i was an adventist or not. for those who pick her apart at the seams i say, if it doesn't bless you, don't read it. don't throw the baby out with the bath water. it tends to be a great loss when you do that.
so........... signthankspin.gif BACK TO THE TOPIC.
tabletalk.gif

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
shinejoy
post Apr 30 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #21

Member No.: 3,195

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]193547[/snapback]

But I've heard that in the "good old days" when politicians visited rural farm areas to make their campaign speeches...... local farmers brought bushels of tomatoes that were too rotten to be sold so the locals could express their negative "appreciation" in a rather direct way. I guess those tomatoes didn't have any say in being used in that way. But it seems as though we now have at least one which hurls himself at any who disagrees with him....

QUOTE(watchbird @ Apr 30 2007, 07:21 AM) [snapback]193547[/snapback]

WOW interesting thought..

+Quote Post
calvin
post Apr 30 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #22

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 30 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]193529[/snapback]

The mods at CF, like the mods at CA are pro-Danny's camp... and have reached a point where they barely maintain a pretense of objectivity. If one is going to post there, they should know that those critical of DS et al are kept on a much shorter leash and given far less leeway than those who are DS supporters.

In His service,
Mr. J

...and I suspect they would put BSDA in the pro-Linda camp. Hey whatever dunno.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

I would put us in the "Fight for The Truth Camp". Thanks for letting us do that Boss.
QUOTE(calvin @ Apr 30 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]193563[/snapback]

...and I suspect they would put BSDA in the pro-Linda camp. Hey whatever dunno.gif

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Apr 30 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 30 2007, 08:07 AM) [snapback]193529[/snapback]

In His service,
Mr. J

Mr. J,

I think another very important factor that we also need to take into consideration is that I have never once written a complaint to Clay, Di or Calvin here about another poster. I believe we are all adults and should be able to take as good as we give. I believe that as adults we should be able to discuss things and not throw out dynamite and run with no accountability for what was said. However, I get the impression that many supporters of DS that post here are constantly complaining.

I found myself at CF several times writing to the moderator when i began to see inconsistencies in how things were handled or posts edited. It was quickly my impression that like here, the screaming tomatoes and peaches etc were complaining and at CF they were being responded to. So I decided to do the same when I had time to. I typically found that my requests if documented were responded to and fairly handled.

So I think a major difference is that here at BSDA we know the admins and Calvin are not going to be bullied into giving in to demands by the DS apologists. That is not true there and I don't think that will change.

Off my soapbox now that i have said my 2 cents.

nw
C"i"

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Apr 30 2007, 11:29 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
daylily
post Apr 30 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,715

One of Danny's favorite stories is about how he, his family and cousins picked tomatoes as children. They would throw rotten tomatoes at each other :-)

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Apr 30 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 30 2007, 12:25 PM) [snapback]193556[/snapback]

there is only one adventist they have as a mod for our forums over there and she is quesitonable.

She isn't even questionable; she is the wife of tall73 who is an SDA pastor who took Danny's side very early on and she tends to back her husband like Sapphira did Ananias...

There couldn't be a lesson in that, could there?

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Apr 30 2007, 12:54 PM
Post #27

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

This is why I love you Gurl!!! Flesh and blood did not give this to you!!!

Mr. J,

I think another very important factor that we also need to take into consideration is that I have never once written a complaint to Clay, Di or Calvin here about another poster. I believe we are all adults and should be able to take as good as we give. I believe that as adults we should be able to discuss things and not throw out dynamite and run with no accountability for what was said. However, I get the impression that many supporters of DS that post here are constantly complaining.

I found myself at CF several times writing to the moderator when i began to see inconsistencies in how things were handled or posts edited. It was quickly my impression that like here, the screaming tomatoes and peaches etc were complaining and at CF they were being responded to. So I decided to do the same when I had time to. I typically found that my requests if documented were responded to and fairly handled.

So I think a major difference is that here at BSDA we know the admins and Calvin are not going to be bullied into giving in to demands by the DS apologists. That is not true there and I don't think that will change.

Off my soapbox now that i have said my 2 cents.

nw
C"i"

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
mozart
post Apr 30 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Apr 30 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]193581[/snapback]

She isn't even questionable; she is the wife of tall73 who is an SDA pastor who took Danny's side very early on and she tends to back her husband like Sapphira did Ananias...

There couldn't be a lesson in that, could there?

In His service,
Mr. J

well, turns out, she (sophia7, tall73's wife) is the one that deleted TMs thread. i have had several conversations with her and her husband and if they were more "watered-down" they would drown. in my dealings with the mods over at CF, it appears that they only respond if you complain. in fact that is what they have told me. just today sophia7 told me they don't have time to read every thread so they can only respond if someone makes a complaint so that is what i needed to do. i wrote them back and said "the opponents of Rosie55 and tomatoe are not cry-babies that run to momma if someone gives back what they dish out. i told her we don't believe in those hit and run tactics. "
not meaning to sound self-righteous or judgemental, but, it's truly sad how many unconverted souls are in the churches and even getting paid!!
i was thinking about that this morning while thinking about our church wondering why there is no growth. i imagined myself preaching to the church and saying, "there are so many lost souls out there...........and there are many in here as well". let's get those in here right with God before we go trying to bring anybody else in. it's amazing to think how many people forget "God is watching".

This post has been edited by mozart: Apr 30 2007, 01:01 PM

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Clay
post Apr 30 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #29

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(mozart @ Apr 30 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]193587[/snapback]

well, turns out, she (sophia7, tall73's wife) is the one that deleted TMs thread. i have had several conversations with her and her husband and if they were more "watered-down" they would drown. in my dealings with the mods over at CF, it appears that they only respond if you complain. in fact that is what they have told me. just today sophia7 told me they don't have time to read every thread so they can only respond if someone makes a complaint so that is what i needed to do. i wrote them back and said "the opponents of Rosie55 and tomatoe are not cry-babies that run to momma if someone gives back what they dish out. i told her we don't believe in those hit and run tactics. "
not meaning to sound self-righteous or judgemental, but, it's truly sad how many unconverted souls are in the churches and even getting paid!!
i was thinking about that this morning while thinking about our church wondering why there is no growth. i imagined myself preaching to the church and saying, "there are so many lost souls out there...........and there are many in here as well". let's get those in here right with God before we go trying to bring anybody else in. it's amazing to think how many people forget "God is watching".

I rather like Sophia and Tall.... watered down, whatever does that mean? not everyone can be (or needs to be) a rabid sda..... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Apr 30 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #30

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Clay @ Apr 30 2007, 05:29 PM) [snapback]193640[/snapback]

I rather like Sophia and Tall.... watered down, whatever does that mean? not everyone can be (or needs to be) a rabid sda..... dunno.gif

Well, for another example, Pickle and I are probably not close on a number of issues, but I appreciate him because I know he's committed to the truth, as I am (or am trying to be).

One thing that I don't like about save3abn is that, at least on some pages, it assumes you are a true conservative if you oppose the current administration of 3abn. I think anyone with a sense of right-and-wrong would look at the facts and go, "Hey. Let's have some change at the top here, shall we?"

I don't know Sophia and Tall, I have my hands full checking this forum. But I have friends that are arch-conservatives, I have friends that have dropped out and become Presbyterians, and my best friend, who used to cut up with me in Youth Sabbath School, is these days something of a ... Buddhist ... sort of ... kinda Muslim too ... Hindu Christian ... yeah.

We ought to be careful of ad hominem attacks. A person who is right about some stuff might be dead wrong about others.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:02 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church