Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13443&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:03:01 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rosie Lies Of 26th April 2007, 02:08 Pm Allowed On Cf, not all forums are created equal
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #76

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,362

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 11 2007, 11:36 AM) *
Before you get your dander up, first of all, note the statement to which you are replying was made 5+ months ago... second of all.. just because I have not posted frequently at CF does not mean I have not been there at all.

The statement I made was my perception and it was consistent with the things you said and did in CF 5 months ago. I neither recant nor apologize for it... but again... it was 5 months ago... and there is no obligation or expectation on either you part or mine that either perceptions or opinions remain constant in a sea of change. It was what I thought 5 months ago... and I reserve the right to change my mind... as do you.

In His service,
Mr. J

I didn't say that you hadn't been there at all, but that doesn't matter now. Even five months ago, I wouldn't have considered myself a Traditional Adventist (nor would they have considered me one). I've been studying for the past year, starting with the IJ because what I saw in the Bible just didn't fit with the Adventist view. Questioning that teaching inevitably raises questions on many others. As I think my husband said in another post in this thread, I'm a little disillusioned with many aspects of Adventism right now. I'm basically restudying everything and trying to figure out what to do.

I'm sorry if I have taken some things too personally here. It's just that these are not trivial issues to me. Our theological concerns have disrupted our lives. My husband has taken a sabbatical from the ministry and may end up resigning completely. We have had to move, and we are dealing with a lot of uncertainty about the immediate future. All I have had to cling to for the past year, as I have struggled to find the answers to so many questions, has been my faith in God, and it hurts to see that people have been so cavalierly judging me here for my beliefs and confusing them with my actions as a mod. I know this thread is old to all of you, but it's new to me, so please understand why I felt the need to address some of these comments.

In any case, maybe you and I should start over. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #77

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 12:19 PM) *
I didn't say that you hadn't been there at all, but that doesn't matter now. Even five months ago, I wouldn't have considered myself a Traditional Adventist (nor would they have considered me one). I've been studying for the past year, starting with the IJ because what I saw in the Bible just didn't fit with the Adventist view. Questioning that teaching inevitably raises questions on many others. As I think my husband said in another post in this thread, I'm a little disillusioned with many aspects of Adventism right now. I'm basically restudying everything and trying to figure out what to do.

I'm sorry if I have taken some things too personally here. It's just that these are not trivial issues to me. Our theological concerns have disrupted our lives. My husband has taken a sabbatical from the ministry and may end up resigning completely. We have had to move, and we are dealing with a lot of uncertainty about the immediate future. All I have had to cling to for the past year, as I have struggled to find the answers to so many questions, has been my faith in God, and it hurts to see that people have been so cavalierly judging me here for my beliefs and confusing them with my actions as a mod. I know this thread is old to all of you, but it's new to me, so please understand why I felt the need to address some of these comments.

you are here among new found friends and you will see soon that you will be a part of our family.... so we are here for you.... thanks for sharing the story from your side..... its good info....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #78

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Sep 11 2007, 11:57 AM) *
Sophia7, do I recall that the thread re:3abn that Daryl started over at CF set records there as to the number of posts generated in a very short time? I for one did not envy your job as moderator on that particular thread and more than once thanked you for the time you took to address my concerns.

I also think that like all forums we develop reputations with time and posts and for that reason, the first post that Tall responded to above was probably viewed quite differently than you might think from just reading that members post in isolation.

Welcome to both of you.

nw

Thank you, nw. Yes, I can't remember if it was that thread or one of the other 3ABN threads, but I recall that one of them was probably the longest thread we had ever had in the SDA forum there, and it reached that mark very quickly.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 11 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #79

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 01:19 PM) *
All I have had to cling to for the past year, as I have struggled to find the answers to so many questions, has been my faith in God, and it hurts to see that people have been so cavalierly judging me here for my beliefs and confusing them with my actions as a mod. I know this thread is old to all of you, but it's new to me, so please understand why I felt the need to address some of these comments.

My statement was addressing a perceived moderatorial bias; it did not address, explicitly or implicitly, where you may or may not fall on the theological spectrum or what you believe. If you were offended by my stating my perception, Matt 18:15 would have prolly been a more suitable course... but as i noted... when i made the statement that is what I perceived... over time that perception, like Clay's, has shifted to one that views both you and your husband in a markedly better light than I once did...

everyone deserves a mulligan now and again...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Sep 11 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #80

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

TVsnack.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #81

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

good.... now that that's been cleared up, and perceptions have changed... let's move on....

--------------------

+Quote Post
tall73
post Sep 11 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #82

Member No.: 1,732

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 11 2007, 11:36 AM) *
Before you get your dander up, first of all, note the statement to which you are replying was made 5+ months ago... second of all.. just because I have not posted frequently at CF does not mean I have not been there at all.

The statement I made was my perception and it was consistent with the things you said and did in CF 5 months ago. I neither recant nor apologize for it... but again... it was 5 months ago... and there is no obligation or expectation on either you part or mine that either perceptions or opinions remain constant in a sea of change. It was what I thought 5 months ago... and I reserve the right to change my mind... as do you.

In His service,
Mr. J

I have been participating in the technology section occasionally. I like hearing about Clay's phone of the month haha!

+Quote Post
tall73
post Sep 11 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #83

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 11:50 AM) *
I will say in the brief time I have known of Tall and Sophia they have changed significantly in my opinion... I thought Tall was quite conservative when we interacted so imagine my surprise when I found out that some of his objections to the IJ concept were some of the ones I also had.... maybe we can persuade him to share them in a thread in the theology section so we can chew on it a bit....

Hm...it might help...but I am in an awkward situation here. I first posted on the issues there when I was trying to figure things out.

Now I have resigned and I don't want to give the idea that I am trying to take folks with me. I am going to talk to the scholars, and if that doesn't pan out perhaps I can say a bit more down the road. If I am wrong I don't want to mislead people , and if I am not well then people can see it on their own so that I am not accused of abusing my situation.

This post has been edited by tall73: Sep 11 2007, 12:04 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #84

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 01:03 PM) *
Hm...it might help...but I am in an awkward situation here. I first posted on the issues there when I was trying to figure things out.

Now I have resigned and I don't want to give the idea that I am trying to take folks with me. I am going to talk to the scholars, and if that doesn't pan out perhaps I can say a bit more down the road. If I am wrong I don't want to mislead people , and if I am not well then people can see it on their own so that I am not accused of abusing my situation.

fair enough.... though if you do a search in the theology section you will see I probably have started a thread or two covering some of your concerns... and let's not get started on the MOB.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #85

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 01:02 PM) *
I have been participating in the technology section occasionally. I like hearing about Clay's phone of the month haha!

roflmao.gif rofl1.gif phone of the month... I am not that bad.... well.... yeah... I am...... roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Sep 11 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #86

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 08:38 AM) *
You can believe what you like, but just for the record, it's true that the mods at CF don't have time to read every thread. They rely on reports from members to let them know when people spot rule violations.

Also, I don't appreciate being called an "unconverted soul." Please refrain from judging the state of my salvation and my husband's.

Sophia7,

Please don't gauge this forum or its folk by any one particular poster. There are a variety of views from narrowly rigid to eccentrically radical and every position in between. A great many members here embrace the idea of thinking for one's own self. While differences of opinion may lead to a bit of discussion, the general climate is to accept those who are clearly using critical thought as worthy peers.

PeacefulBe welcomes you!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #87

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Sep 11 2007, 01:33 PM) *
Sophia7,

Please don't gauge this forum or its folk by any one particular poster. There are a variety of views from narrowly rigid to eccentrically radical and every position in between. A great many members here embrace the idea of thinking for one's own self. While differences of opinion may lead to a bit of discussion, the general climate is to accept those who are clearly using critical thought as worthy peers.

PeacefulBe welcomes you!

Thank you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
tall73
post Sep 11 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #88

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Sep 11 2007, 12:51 PM) *
everyone deserves a mulligan now and again...

In His service,
Mr. J

True enough.

Sorry for dredging up the past.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #89

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 03:14 PM) *
True enough.

Sorry for dredging up the past.

no need to apologize... it was a needed dredge... cleared up some mis-perceptions.... and thats a good thing...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Sep 13 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Well, Sophia7 obviously wanted to alert me to this thread and more specifically to her post, which she did in a PM to me over at foru.ms.

I don't recall naming any specific moderator there, however, what I posted here back then was posted out of frustration over what seemed to me to be a locked thread "for staff review" that remained that way without any further explanation whatsoever. At that time my only interest there was alerting them there to the 3ABN issues. As a result of major changes taking place there, my interest changed along with it in which I saw this as an opportunity to make a difference there beginning with the work on the rules specific to the SDA section there. With my interest in working on the rules and then in becoming a SDA Moderator there, I actually placed the 3ABN issues onto the back burner there.

I learned a lot about the inner workings there, and am still learning. Until I read tall73's post here, I wasn't even aware that any type of an appeals process existed.

What I posted here in frustration about the moderating there was posted back in May. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. I now appreciate the type of moderating going on there than I ever previously did, which may also be the result of the changes there.

My post was never geared to pass any type of judgment on any one moderator there. It was rather my thoughts on the moderation there as a whole.

As I posted back then out of frustration, I now suspect Sophia7 has posted on September 11th in frustration of what she read here. She obviously took it personally. Again, I never named her or anybody by name. It was a general statement regarding the type of moderating being done there at that time. As I will soon be coming under the frustrated poster's whip, I suspect there will be others there, either directly, or indirectly, saying the same thing about me, either there, or maybe even here, as I did back in May.

She, herself, has now made a judgement call against me here in whether or not I will now be fair as a moderator there based on that post I made back in May. I am not going to look for an apology from her as she may be looking for from me. The only apology I am going to make here is posting here about there out of frustration. I have already forgive her for what she posted here against me, as I trust she has forgiven me for my post in frustration about the moderating there.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church