Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13443&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:02:59 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Rosie Lies Of 26th April 2007, 02:08 Pm Allowed On Cf, not all forums are created equal
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,362

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 11 2007, 10:55 AM) *
Welcome Sophia! In this particular case you might want to apply the "shut door" approach to the criticism (shut the door and forget about it).

I think you will find that generally the discussion here is fairly enlightened and we try to be tolerant of each other's views, regardless of how misguided they might be. Case in point, they haven’t thrown me out yet. Yes, we do have some extreme positions but that is to be expected.

-bear

Thank you for the welcome. I have a few things to get off my chest, and then I'll let it go. I just don't appreciate having been misrepresented so badly here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Sep 11 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:11 AM) *
Thank you for the welcome. I have a few things to get off my chest, and then I'll let it go. I just don't appreciate having been misrepresented so badly here.

Welcome, Sophia! And Tall! I am glad you are here, and I don't blame you for being a bit disgusted with some posts here. Please feel free to vent and set the record straight as you see fit! hug.gif

Blessings!

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Sep 11 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #63

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Sep 11 2007, 10:35 AM) *
Observer/NW, I think you both make good points. Many months ago when this was a huge hot topic, I remember thinking that the two most likely explanations of this incident involved the sharpness of the tools in the shed or a calculated attempt to escalate what was already a bad situation in the marriage.

I'm now not sure it's fair to try to impute motives for either party. I know that I certainly wouldn't want any number of silly things I've done in life scrutinized at this level. Is it possible that this incident along with a host of others hotly debated here and elsewhere, are really not appropriate to discuss?

1) About a week and a half before this incident, Danny decalred the marriage over because Linda had hid his gun, and he began to make plans to settle with Linda regarding the house. Thus, at that point, it seems like it couldn't have been a calculated attempt to escalate the situation.

2) Danny, Walt, and Tommy have all made use of the incident, Tommy as late as around last August. It seems to me that it should be discussed because they have made an issue out of it.

Though it is interesting that while doing so they hid the date of the incident from us. And it appears that Walt never checked out for himself what the date really was. It appears he just repeated what he was told.

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #64

QUOTE(calvin @ May 1 2007, 03:05 PM) *
Well Daryl it would be nice if they sent you a response. But they are not obligated too. I know I don’t respond to every PM send me for various reasons….and like the PM you sent to the admin at CF, many of the PMs I get are why did you do something or why don’t you do something about this or the other. Often I find it unproductive to enter in a dialogue to explain my actions or what many may consider my inaction. I will only make a commitment to read the PM or email and take it under advisement. So, I would not expect anything more from an admin on another forum.

That's exactly right, Calvin. Thank you. I do try to respond as often and as quickly as I can. That's not always possible because the mods don't live there. We have offline lives, too, you know. wink.gif

By the way, in case anyone wasn't aware of it, I resigned from moderating in the SDA forum at CF several months ago for personal reasons. I am still a moderator in other areas of CF, which is now called Foru.ms.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 10:25 AM
Post #65

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:19 AM) *
That's exactly right, Calvin. Thank you. I do try to respond as often and as quickly as I can. That's not always possible because the mods don't live there. We have offline lives, too, you know. wink.gif

By the way, in case anyone wasn't aware of it, I resigned from moderating in the SDA forum at CF several months ago for personal reasons. I am still a moderator in other areas of CF, which is now called Foru.ms.

well glad you decided to check us out over here... don't be a stranger as we are a lot more laid back than other places, and I am happy you joined.... welcome....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #66

QUOTE(tall73 @ Sep 11 2007, 08:05 AM) *
It is a trend at CF to confuse flaming with anything that might offend. And the confusing rules of the wording at that time didn't help.

As you know, having been there quite regularly lately, there has been a reform in the process.

And since you are now a mod over there in training, we should all be great!

But again, you did have access to a third party appeal if you so desired, through the formal appeals process.

People on both sides expected the mods to do what they wanted because they were offended. We did what we thought was right in accordance with the rules at the time. We did not cater to one side over the other. Not everything that was reported to us on either side was deemed a rule violation. When that happens, people on both sides get upset. That's just the way it works. However, I received many PMs at the time, from people on both sides of the 3ABN controversy, thanking me for my fairness. Here I have been raked over the coals by both sides for being unfair, "questionable," "lost," "unconverted," loyal to my husband (oh, the horror!), etc. Neither I nor any other mod can please everyone, but that wasn't my job.

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #67

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 11:25 AM) *
well glad you decided to check us out over here... don't be a stranger as we are a lot more laid back than other places, and I am happy you joined.... welcome....

Thank you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Sep 11 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Pickle @ Sep 11 2007, 11:17 AM) *
1) About a week and a half before this incident, Danny decalred the marriage over because Linda had hid his gun, and he began to make plans to settle with Linda regarding the house. Thus, at that point, it seems like it couldn't have been a calculated attempt to escalate the situation.

2) Danny, Walt, and Tommy have all made use of the incident, Tommy as late as around last August. It seems to me that it should be discussed because they have made an issue out of it.

Though it is interesting that while doing so they hid the date of the incident from us. And it appears that Walt never checked out for himself what the date really was. It appears he just repeated what he was told.

Thanks for the recap Bob. I just fail to see how this seamy but minor incident should be important to anyone other than the principles. I guess I might be more exercised about this if I felt we had an obligation to be involved in someone's divorce. I don't. Bad stuff happens in marriages and business.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *
I was just made aware of this thread. This all happened some time ago now, but I feel that I need to set the record straight on a few things.
Please don't make judgments about me when you don't even know me. You haven't been to CF regularly for a long, long time.

Before you get your dander up, first of all, note the statement to which you are replying was made 5+ months ago... second of all.. just because I have not posted frequently at CF does not mean I have not been there at all.

The statement I made was my perception and it was consistent with the things you said and did in CF 5 months ago. I neither recant nor apologize for it... but again... it was 5 months ago... and there is no obligation or expectation on either you part or mine that either perceptions or opinions remain constant in a sea of change. It was what I thought 5 months ago... and I reserve the right to change my mind... as do you.

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
princessdi
Post #70

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Welcome back Tall and Welcome Sophia! That is a pretty contension bunch you have over there at CF. Some have pretty much kept me from over there. With Admin duties here, I mostly look for a place to just be a member. giggle.gif I totally hear you aobut the PMs, they can be overwhelming especially in the area of 3ABN. Whew!!! However, I am glad you have joined us here, please stay and check out our other areas, perhaps our popular game arcade.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 10:50 AM
Post #71

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

I will say in the brief time I have known of Tall and Sophia they have changed significantly in my opinion... I thought Tall was quite conservative when we interacted so imagine my surprise when I found out that some of his objections to the IJ concept were some of the ones I also had.... maybe we can persuade him to share them in a thread in the theology section so we can chew on it a bit....

--------------------

+Quote Post
SOPHIA7
post Sep 11 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #72

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 11:50 AM) *
I will say in the brief time I have known of Tall and Sophia they have changed significantly in my opinion... I thought Tall was quite conservative when we interacted so imagine my surprise when I found out that some of his objections to the IJ concept were some of the ones I also had.... maybe we can persuade him to share them in a thread in the theology section so we can chew on it a bit....

Thank you, though I can't say that I was ever as conservative as the TSDAs over at CF on many issues.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Sep 11 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #73

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 12:34 PM) *
Neither I nor any other mod can please everyone, but that wasn't my job.

Sophia7, do I recall that the thread re:3abn that Daryl started over at CF set records there as to the number of posts generated in a very short time? I for one did not envy your job as moderator on that particular thread and more than once thanked you for the time you took to address my concerns.

I also think that like all forums we develop reputations with time and posts and for that reason, the first post that Tall responded to above was probably viewed quite differently than you might think from just reading that members post in isolation.

Welcome to both of you.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Clay
post Sep 11 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(SOPHIA7 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:54 AM) *
Thank you, though I can't say that I was ever as conservative as the TSDAs over at CF on many issues.

lol true..... roflmao.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Sep 11 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #75

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Clay @ Sep 11 2007, 12:50 PM) *
I will say in the brief time I have known of Tall and Sophia they have changed significantly in my opinion...

Indeed; which underscores why it is not profitable to respond to statements made months ago as if they were made today... perception, like time, changes...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:03 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church