Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13476&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:33:59 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Doug In Denial? Or Danny's Bluff?,
runner4him
post May 6 2007, 06:57 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(calvin @ May 6 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]194310[/snapback]

...and just what is the right thing we are to be doing? I for one am praying that God's will be done.

I agree prayer is the key...pray that God's will be done...pray that we reflect His character in all we do...search for the truth....pray for wisdom....be wise stewards of His monies.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 6 2007, 09:03 AM
Post #32

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(runner4him @ May 5 2007, 10:20 PM) [snapback]194302[/snapback]

Lastly, my mother came home from church the sabbath after the announcement stating that due to the merger with AF they were told in church that 3abn would be back on skyangel within 3 weeks. I have not seen or heard this anywhere else unless I missed it here. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

PB asked the question above and here is what I heard....

runner4him,
Actually, the question was asked by Noahswife and I responded to it.

Yes, I heard the very same thing this past week from a friend who works for someone who is very closely connected with ASI, DB, 3ABN. He/she said that they were very excited about the merger and that 3abn would be back on SkyAngel within 3 weeks - exact quote! They received an e-mail from DB with info about the merger and future plans. The rest of the word from my friend was just be quiet about all this...don't try to do the Lord's work....warning me.....I say.... where are the warriors who will serve in the Army of God and speak for Him? I was reminded today of the early Christians who were directed to deny their faith and burn that wee bit of incense before the idol or false god or be fed to the lions. It was such a little thing to go ahead and offer their allegiance to Rome and paganism....they could have reasoned..."You see I am only conforming outwardly....it is such a little thing....the good I can do later will make up for this act....if I die what good will I be able to do...I need to live to do great things - later."

Let us stand up today and not fear to do right no matter what the consequences might be. The Word is full of examples of men and women who made the choice to surrender all and stand for truth even if it meant they did it alone. We also have the examples of men and women who made the choice to bend the knee to Baal.

Don't try to do the Lord's work?!!!!! Your friend would prefer that we all hunker down into our Laodicean pews and stay uninvolved? Is this wise counsel?

If we don't get involved, if we don't stay aware of the decisions being made by our leaders and if we aren't willing to question those choices at times and take action, we will share in the responsibility for the consequences.

QUOTE(calvin @ May 5 2007, 11:23 PM) [snapback]194310[/snapback]

...and just what is the right thing we are to be doing? I for one am praying that God's will be done.

Calvin,
Yes, we must pray that God's will be done. We must also pray that if He puts a burden on our hearts to take action that we will heed His voice.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: May 6 2007, 09:04 AM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ralph
post May 6 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,002

Lastly, my mother came home from church the sabbath after the announcement stating that due to the merger with AF they were told in church that 3abn would be back on skyangel within 3 weeks. I have not seen or heard this anywhere else unless I missed it here. Has anyone else heard anything about this? [/color]

nw
C"i"

Yes, this is correct according to an announcement made in the second half of the program where they were talking about Doug as being the new presiident.

+Quote Post
from-the-pew
post May 6 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,132

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 5 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]194249[/snapback]

Weimar Institute
Don Christensen, President
PO Box 486
Weimar, CA 95736

The current president of Weimar is Don Hanson.

I agree with Ralph... I heard them say that 3abn would be back on Skyangel.

This post has been edited by from-the-pew: May 6 2007, 09:43 AM

--------------------
Pssst! Hi! It's me... no, no, not over there....
I'm over here... sittin' in the pews.... that's me, in the corner - out of the spot light.... I ain't got no connections. I ain't got nobody to call... All that "inside information" - don't mean a thing to me a'tall.
Yup, that's me, in the corner, I'm a stockholder in the pews. Havin' to dig through all the nin-com-piddy, to find a fact or two...
I just don't wanna believe it... it just makes me wanna cry... I'm just afraid we're gonna lose 3abn, no matter who's wrong or right...

I'm sorry... I couldn't help it... I just had this music playing in my head... I got a bit carried away - ok, a LOT carried away...

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

thank you FTP. much appreciated. thankyou.gif
QUOTE(from-the-pew @ May 6 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]194333[/snapback]

The current president of Weimar is Don Hanson.
I agree with Ralph... I heard them say that 3abn would be back on Skyangel.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 6 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 6 2007, 09:03 AM) [snapback]194329[/snapback]

runner4him,
Actually, the question was asked by Noahswife and I responded to it.

Thank you for clearing that up...I appreciate the correction

Don't try to do the Lord's work?!!!!! Your friend would prefer that we all hunker down into our Laodicean pews and stay uninvolved? Is this wise counsel?

It made me sad to get this response from a friend and I would feel the same way if I would receive this kind of reaction from anyone who presents themselves as a staunch believer. I just cannot relate or understand these kind of remarks.

If we don't get involved, if we don't stay aware of the decisions being made by our leaders and if we aren't willing to question those choices at times and take action, we will share in the responsibility for the consequences.

Amen! Like I said earlier let's remember those early Christians... and what about Luther....We are thankful for his courage...his questions...his search for truth and what about those who died at the stake for His Word. We are not even facing that degree of persecution yet but let's ask ourselves ... are we like that frog sitting in the pot of water that is slowly being heated up....not knowing that it could easily jump to safety but instead sits in the pot of hot water until life is gone and it is too late.

Calvin,
Yes, we must pray that God's will be done. We must also pray that if He puts a burden on our hearts to take action that we will heed His voice.

Amen again!

This post has been edited by runner4him: May 6 2007, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post May 6 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 5 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]194266[/snapback]

[color=#993300]Now Mo, i suppose we should be nicer to the newly departed by choice but it really is a funny statement and one some of us really like based on personal experience. Do you think Lee is missing us?

OK - I've been away... What happened to Lee?

This post has been edited by Snoopy: May 6 2007, 01:59 PM

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Snoopy @ May 6 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]194360[/snapback]

that might be a question better answered by calvin, but i think he/she got banned.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post May 6 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(Snoopy @ May 6 2007, 02:33 PM) [snapback]194360[/snapback]

Last post I read from Lee, she/he was saying "good bye" and glad to be out of here. dunno.gif

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 6 2007, 05:46 PM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ May 6 2007, 06:22 PM) [snapback]194375[/snapback]

Last post I read from Lee, she/he was saying "good bye" and glad to be out of here. dunno.gif

I had noticed there had been no posts from Lee for quite some time. I looked at her profile and saw where she indicates she is "out of here". I know she was busy at CF after her last post here so have no idea where she has gone. However, I do not think she is among the banned (except as discussed in my post on that topic elsewhere).

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 6 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

she must have morphed into Eirene. dunno.gif
boxing.gif hit me with your best shot eirenie.
QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 6 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]194390[/snapback]

I had noticed there had been no posts from Lee for quite some time. I looked at her profile and saw where she indicates she is "out of here". I know she was busy at CF after her last post here so have no idea where she has gone. However, I do not think she is among the banned (except as discussed in my post on that topic elsewhere).

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 6 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #42

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(mozart @ May 6 2007, 05:25 PM) [snapback]194395[/snapback]

mo, i appreciate you. giggle.gif "eirenie" giggle.gif
i think there is more morphing around here then most might imagine.... boxing.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post May 6 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(mozart @ May 6 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]194395[/snapback]

That was my thought, also!! notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
Treniece
post May 7 2007, 02:20 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,353

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 5 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]194240[/snapback]

Well, if there aren't any clear facts, why have donations dropped in the first quarter--in the seven figures? Seems like something's clear to someone! thumbdown.gif

Original documents don't lie.

A lot of Danny's supporters were in denial until they read save3abn.com. I believe if more of them were to head on over and read without prejudice, there would be a house-cleaning.

NW and R4H are both right--AF donors ought to hold off awhile, and Doug really should know better. But the truth is, it's not the easiest thing if you've been friends with someone awhile to believe such bad things about them. Of course he should be investigating, but he's as busy as any of us and relies on people to tell him what to believe on this. I'm not commending him for it, but it's probably how it is.

Remember that we've got no evidence of egregiously bad behavior on Doug's part--unless you count ambition. dunno.gif

Wow! the figures have actually dropped that much. Well DS should not be surprised, getting a quick divorce and not wasting any time in finding a new wife would raise question marks in the eyes of supporters.

I have not checked out the website 'save3abn.com' so I can not make any comments on the statements made there.

Maybe this merger is DB's desire to save 3abn.

We must keep in mind that it is difficult to dethrone a layman who has started a ministry that has reached so many souls for Christ.

PS: DS also seems to be accused for the misuse of 3abn's funds.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 7 2007, 09:13 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Treniece @ May 7 2007, 02:20 PM) [snapback]194515[/snapback]

Wow! the figures have actually dropped that much. Well DS should not be surprised, getting a quick divorce and not wasting any time in finding a new wife would raise question marks in the eyes of supporters.

I have not checked out the website 'save3abn.com' so I can not make any comments on the statements made there.

I would like to encourage you to go to the 'save3abn.com' website and read ALL the material. It will take some time but you will have a clear picture of what has been going on. You will find the documentation unadulterated. Bsda is a blessing and should take the the credit for stimulating the investigative process. Isn't it where the first questions about DS & 3abn were raised publicly? Correct me if I am wrong. This is a great forum to be able to ask questions, feel the support of others who want answers, and challenge ideas...not people. I am hooked and will still be here when the 3abn crisis is resolved.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church