Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13487&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:34:18 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legal Posturing
Skyhook
post May 13 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]195405[/snapback]

If, instead, you are asking for my comments on what was said about McNeilus, I fail to see the relevence. Big business is a dog eat dog world. Seems he has the umm"guts" to handle it.

Eirene, I'm sure Danny and Garwin will really appreciate your brilliant remarks in thier defense.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 13 2007, 07:04 PM
Post #47

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

3ABN is big business? Aren't they supposed to be a ministry....and if they are both, is it Christlike that they are "dog eat dog". then this is alright with you? This maybe the problem behind the problems with the population in T'ville........ scratchchin.gif
QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 12:12 PM) [snapback]195405[/snapback]

If this is supposed to be an indication that our self declared AU reporter will be exempt from certain "discovery" issues, Don't make me laugh.
If, instead, you are asking for my comments on what was said about McNeilus, I fail to see the relevence. Big business is a dog eat dog world. Seems he has the umm"guts" to handle it.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 13 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #48

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

"Dog eat dog..." in a ministry huh?

Wow - Thanks for clearing that mess of mess up....
snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Grith
post May 13 2007, 07:36 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 3,399

I thought it might be interesting to see what can be found on the net about Garwin McNeilus. I found some interesting information, such as---
About the family business and its sale in 1998 including the price
http://concreteproducts.com/mag/concrete_o..._maps_mcneilus/
http://www.wecnmagazine.com/2006issues/oct/oct06.html (family business, SDA, charities)
These two are the legal eagles and the counting accountants. The legal documents (SEC, I think) pertaining to the sale of the family business including the purchase price: http://www.secinfo.com/dsvR3.717c.d.htm and
http://www.secinfo.com/dsvR3.718y.6.htm

Mr McNeilus invested his money in a wind farm. Information can be found here: http://www.wanzek.com/wind/2.htm; http://news.minnesota
http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/feat...llye_windthree/
http://www.austindailyherald.com/articles/.../news/news1.txt

An address and phone # here: http://local.rochestermn.com/Garwin+McNeil...66569.home.html (I am not suggesting anyone contact him, just that it popped up in Google)

A picture of GM here:
http://www.asianaid.org.au/images/project_14.jpg

Built school for the blind in India:
http://www.asianaid.org.au/projects.asp

This was just a quick look-see.

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength.

+Quote Post
Eirene
post May 13 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Group:
QUOTE(princessdi @ May 13 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]195439[/snapback]

3ABN is big business? Aren't they supposed to be a ministry....and if they are both, is it Christlike that they are "dog eat dog". then this is alright with you? This maybe the problem behind the problems with the population in T'ville........ scratchchin.gif

Di, your misunderstanding my posts, accidentally, on purpose, is really getting old. Nowhere in that statement did I refer to 3abn. I said Big Business. The kind that McNeilus has worked in for years. The kind that made him his fortune. You have to be strong and have guts to survive that world.
For the rest of you who hopped on Di's statement referring to 3abn as big business then going on to speculate on something that wasn't even said.....same old pattern....somebody misquotes a post or gives an opinion and it carries on as fact. Not smart but, who cares, as long as you can have so much fun slinging mud, spouting opinions and speculating on lies and unverified information. After all who really cares about the truth if it differs from the general consensus on bsda?

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 13 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]195445[/snapback]

"Dog eat dog..." in a ministry huh?

Wow - Thanks for clearing that mess of mess up....
snack.gif

You go to college and you can't read?

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 13 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]195411[/snapback]

Are you saying there is no Mending Broken People theme playing in the background amongst those 14 lawyers in Minneapolis allegedly being subsidized by the mysterious, unknown benefactor?

When all is said and done it's really a theme called Dog Eat Dog?

(Ecclesiastes 1:9-14 NIV) What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again ; there is nothing new under the sun.

Pete

Pete, it seems you are one of the many here without comprehension. As far as your mending broken people theme, as usual that is off the wall and doesn't make a lot of sense.
As for the Dog eat dog, I referred to Garwin and his big business enterprises through the years. Nothing to do with 3abn and nothing to do with Danny. Try to get your head in the game.

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 13 2007, 02:56 PM) [snapback]195413[/snapback]

Hmmm,

Are big businessmen who are disciples of Christ really supposed to be "dog eat dog"? Are we counseled to conduct our businesses in such a manner? If Jesus was the CEO of a company would He have the "guts" to operate in a "dod eat dog" manner? Where is justice, love and mercy in this scenerio? Can a man serve both God and Mammon?

PB, you too? Unbelievable.
I could offer a reading comprehension course or a "reality course" for those of you that seem to have graduated from the Pickle School of Spin.

+Quote Post
Hawk
post May 13 2007, 08:55 PM
Post #51

Member No.: 2,894

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 09:32 PM) [snapback]195453[/snapback]

I said Big Business. The kind that McNeilus has worked in for years. The kind that made him his fortune. You have to be strong and have guts to survive that world.

From what I have seen on the internet about him McNeilus has conducted his business at the tip of the sword of litigation. Now "dog eat dog" McNeilus and Danny are doing the same in the name of ministry, God and 3ABN. It seems that the blood thirsty form of business practice that you appear to admire in MacNeilus has come to 3ABN, Eirene. It appears that 3ABN is following suit. But this is JMHO.

This post has been edited by Hawk: May 13 2007, 08:57 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post May 13 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #52

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 08:32 PM) [snapback]195453[/snapback]
Pete, it seems you are one of the many here without comprehension.

Thanks, anyway, but I'm not going to give you that.

The problem is that too many people are comprehending far too much.

Pete

+Quote Post
starbright
post May 13 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #53

Welcome Newbie

Group:
Well, from what I am reading, it looks like to me that Danny is having to sue the makers of the 3abnsave.com site for a very good reason. It has nothing to do with business as usual and everything to do with ministry. People are trying to tear down this ministry of 3abn.

And it looks like everyone is trying to pick on Eirene too! Now why would a bunch of SDA Christians do this? Why do you pick on her every word? And then you try to turn it into something evil and wicked. I don't think Eirene is evil at all and I believe what she says.

You remind me of a bunch of chickens who like to pick pick pick on just one until it is picked to death. I guess if you can't do it to 3ABN itself, you will do it to someone who loves the 3abn ministry.

I've read about FHB and glenetta, Lee and Joe Smith, and many others who seem to stop posting - why?

Are there no moderators on this site? Where are the people in charge here? Why would you allow everyone to pick on one person? Is this a Christian thing to do? Is this how Jesus would act?

You ARE SDA Christians right? Or are some of you not?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]195453[/snapback]

I could offer a reading comprehension course or a "reality course" for those of you that seem to have graduated from the Pickle School of Spin.

Eirene,
Please go back and read my response again. I was replying to your statement about Garwin McNeilus when you said "Big business is a dog eat dog world. Seems he has the umm"guts" to handle it." No spin, just pointing out how unChristian that type of doing business is in my opinion. We are to do all to the glory of God, right? Is having the guts to be out there scrapping in a dog eat dog world the way for a Christian to build a business?

I know GMc gives much financial support to mission projects and that is wonderful. But if he got that wealth over the carcasses of other "dogs", that is not so great. No matter how benevolent GMc might now be with his funds, no matter how many mission projects or legal suits he supports with his gains, if he earned his financial empire at the expense of even one other person in the "dog eat dog" business world, he best take a look at Jesus' words to the Pharisees in Matthew 23:23, 24:

23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Eirene, I really hope your characterization of GMc was not truly how he got his wealth.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 13 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(starbright @ May 13 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]195466[/snapback]

Well, from what I am reading, it looks like to me that Danny is having to sue the makers of the 3abnsave.com site for a very good reason. It has nothing to do with business as usual and everything to do with ministry. People are trying to tear down this ministry of 3abn.

And it looks like everyone is trying to pick on Eirene too! Now why would a bunch of SDA Christians do this? Why do you pick on her every word? And then you try to turn it into something evil and wicked. I don't think Eirene is evil at all and I believe what she says.

You remind me of a bunch of chickens who like to pick pick pick on just one until it is picked to death. I guess if you can't do it to 3ABN itself, you will do it to someone who loves the 3abn ministry.

I've read about FHB and glenetta, Lee and Joe Smith, and many others who seem to stop posting - why?

Are there no moderators on this site? Where are the people in charge here? Why would you allow everyone to pick on one person? Is this a Christian thing to do? Is this how Jesus would act?

Hey Starbright hiya.gif

Did you make the phone call we discussed? What did you find out? Can you post it here please. Remember you asked me for the information so you could check it out. Please let us know what you found out in that phone call. I am sure Aletheia would also like to know.

Also, if you do not want to post it on this thread. Post it on the thread where you asked me about it before you then contacted me when I did not respond to you right away. You were quite insistent I respond then so I can only imagine you followed up for yourself.

Appreciate your interest in verifying the truth.

nw
C"i"

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 13 2007, 09:49 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(starbright @ May 13 2007, 07:20 PM) [snapback]195466[/snapback]

Starbright,

Welcome to BSDA! Is this your first time being a member? Have you read the rules of conduct?

Very few of the members here want to bring 3abn down. Most love and support the ministry and want to see any problems cleaned up so it can be a healthy branch with a strong connection to the Vine.

FHB and Lee both seem to have chosen to stop posting. As far as the others you listed and even more of their kindred spirits, they were banned due to breaking Calvin's (BSDA owner), rules of conduct. I would advise you to be extremely careful about casting aspersions on the owner and the administrators. It could get you disciplined post haste. Just ask Joe Smith, Bystander, wwjd, Cindy and so on.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post May 13 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #57

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Here's the problem, Eirene. Well, the very first problem is that you would want to take you tone down a notch or two. You jsut got back, please dont' make the next time permanent. YOu and your group have protsted and worried everyone to death about the lack of respect for you. Now everybody else has backed down and tried to mind their manners you need to do the same. All you said could have without insulting anyone's intelligence. Remember we all promised not to do that anymore.

Now to your post. We are not wrong, you are. It is only common sense. You are so happy to brag over GM's illustrious big business career, which is fine. however, what you are missing is that he is now helping and or guiding 3ABN according to big business, which works for some areas, but doesnt' for others. However, big cusiness urles are being applied to all. problematicin the ministry end of things. So, if GM has his money poured into 3ABN, and he IS big business then 3ABN is now big business. Only thing is that they forget to be ministry, except in front of the camera and an dpesonal appearances, asking for funds, etc.

QUOTE(Eirene @ May 13 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]195453[/snapback]

Di, your misunderstanding my posts, accidentally, on purpose, is really getting old. Nowhere in that statement did I refer to 3abn. I said Big Business. The kind that McNeilus has worked in for years. The kind that made him his fortune. You have to be strong and have guts to survive that world.
For the rest of you who hopped on Di's statement referring to 3abn as big business then going on to speculate on something that wasn't even said.....same old pattern....somebody misquotes a post or gives an opinion and it carries on as fact. Not smart but, who cares, as long as you can have so much fun slinging mud, spouting opinions and speculating on lies and unverified information. After all who really cares about the truth if it differs from the general consensus on bsda?
You go to college and you can't read?
Pete, it seems you are one of the many here without comprehension. As far as your mending broken people theme, as usual that is off the wall and doesn't make a lot of sense.
As for the Dog eat dog, I referred to Garwin and his big business enterprises through the years. Nothing to do with 3abn and nothing to do with Danny. Try to get your head in the game.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
calvin
post May 13 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #58

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Starbright/Lee we have rules prohibiting having multiple accounts. Now Lee you and your other personality "Starbright" can join the other BSDA rejects at CF forums or wherever you choose to go. The tactics these folks use really amazes me.

QUOTE(starbright @ May 13 2007, 09:20 PM) [snapback]195466[/snapback]

+Quote Post
inga
post May 13 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ May 13 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]195365[/snapback]

This is the bibliography listing for the article that seems to be the news article referred to in McNeilus v. Corporate Report, Inc.:

"The hardest man in the cement mixer business: Garwin McNeilus does more than compete ferociously. His detractors say he will stop at nothing. (Cover Story) by Denise A. Kotula il v22 Corporate Report- Minnesota March '91 p28(8)"

Interesting ... scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post May 13 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Hawk @ May 13 2007, 09:55 PM) [snapback]195458[/snapback]

From what I have seen on the internet about him McNeilus has conducted his business at the tip of the sword of litigation. Now "dog eat dog" McNeilus and Danny are doing the same in the name of ministry, God and 3ABN. It seems that the blood thirsty form of business practice that you appear to admire in MacNeilus has come to 3ABN, Eirene. It appears that 3ABN is following suit. But this is JMHO.
scratchchin.gif

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church