Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13487&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:34:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legal Posturing
Rosyroi
post May 14 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

notworthy.gif rofl1.gif notworthy.gif roflmao.gif giggle.gif notworthy.gif happydance.gif
thank you calvin very very much.

A rose for you
@}---;---;-----

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runner4him
post May 14 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(princessdi @ May 13 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]195486[/snapback]

clap.gif clap.gif Thank you!! Thank you!!!! notworthy.gif

clap.gif Thanks from me too...she/he did call me a liar.... I guess being new around here and somewhat of a polyanna I was thinking there might be a wee bit of a chance for a breakthrough with their attitudes. I think I am catching on...my radar went off right away with the last clone who appeared. happydance.gif

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 14 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #78

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

If you're bored, or maybe secretly missing some of the banned members, consider this: on Dec 7, 2006, Clay welcomed Aletheia and she responded...
QUOTE(Clay)
Welcome Aletheia, hope your stay here is enjoyable and feel free to explore other areas of the forum besides the 3ABN section.... you will have fun we promise.

QUOTE(Aletheia)
I would like to explore more here and hope to do so. I'm a little busy moderating and hosting on Beliefnet and Yahoo, so times a little short. Basically that's how I got here, following the trail...

So far I like the set up you have here.

It's always good to find more of the brethren.

Blessings,
Cindy

If you go to that site, you'll find them, or someone anyway..."Danya1844" is the host of the Adventist section, and there's someone you might feel a little familiar with--"Discerner"--even though he says he's 76 yrs. old.

http://www.beliefnet.com/boards/message_li...ussionID=490385

"God bless!"

This post has been edited by LaurenceD: May 14 2007, 07:52 PM

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post May 14 2007, 08:11 PM
Post #79

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 14 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]195578[/snapback]

If you're bored, or maybe secretly missing some of the banned members, consider this: on Dec 7, 2006, Clay welcomed Aletheia and she responded...
If you go to that site, you'll find them, or someone anyway..."Danya1844" is the host of the Adventist section, and there's someone you might feel a little familiar with--"Discerner"--even though he says he's 76 yrs. old.

"God bless!"

I bet most people that have come and will come to bsda, looking for information, fellowship and what not, never realized that their "research" skills would improve in ways they never expected - bsda is good for the soul and the brain/thinking/discernment skills giggle.gif

Good work LaurenceD! Never ends, does it? Nothing like team work. spoton.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 14 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ May 14 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]195578[/snapback]

"God bless!"

Thank you.

I appreciate the fact that at least one post was kind with nice words in it. So refreshing to view.

And unfortunately so rare.... sigh... dunno.gif

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post May 14 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #81

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ May 14 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]195582[/snapback]

Thank you.

I appreciate the fact that at least one post was kind with nice words in it. So refreshing to view.

And unfortunately so rare.... sigh... dunno.gif

Rosyroi

If those defending Danny could have done any of it with a good spirit, how different these boards might have been.

If you could get Cindy talking about anything other than 3ABN she was alright.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: May 14 2007, 08:20 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post May 14 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #82

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Calvin,

I know you had to do what you did. The attacks by these folk were not productive in any way and they broke the rules. While I commend you for taking the necessary actions against the members that you did, I am not rejoicing. There were some moments when attacks were put aside and I think some genuine perspectives were shared. Sometimes the dialogue got us somewhere.

I know that at least one of these banned members has a heart that hurts when she isn't truthful. When you banned her for the dual identities and I reviewed some of her posts, I realized that she was probably hurting for what she had done. I pray that she will find peace and healing and forgiveness for the less than truthful things she has said and done here.

If you are out there lurking, Lee and Cindy, and also Eirene/Bystander or whoever you really are, I will miss you all, sisters and brothers. I pray that eyes will be opened and the truth will be exposed and then we can get back to the business of spreading the Good News 100% of the time.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post May 14 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 14 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]195584[/snapback]

If those defending Danny could have done any of it with a good spirit, how different these boards might have been.

If you could get Cindy talking about anything other than 3ABN she was alright.

And I think those that talked to Lee/Starbright/Rosie55 felt she too was alright when her real life persona showed through the lines she was given to deliver.......

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post May 14 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ May 14 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]195585[/snapback]

Calvin,

I know you had to do what you did. The attacks by these folk were not productive in any way and they broke the rules. While I commend you for taking the necessary actions against the members that you did, I am not rejoicing. There were some moments when attacks were put aside and I think some genuine perspectives were shared. Sometimes the dialogue got us somewhere.

I know that at least one of these banned members has a heart that hurts when she isn't truthful. When you banned her for the dual identities and I reviewed some of her posts, I realized that she was probably hurting for what she had done. I pray that she will find peace and healing and forgiveness for the less than truthful things she has said and done here.

If you are out there lurking, Lee and Cindy, and also Eirene/Bystander or whoever you really are, I will miss you all, sisters and brothers. I pray that eyes will be opened and the truth will be exposed and then we can get back to the business of spreading the Good News 100% of the time.

PB

PB

I agree with you

I do remember that many times we learned about new thoughts to pursue in many different avenues with many twists and turns because each of the Dannyscribes made comments I don't think were going to give us but for their stress and anger or whatever was going on with each of them. My hats off to them all.

These banned folk did help us in many ways that put many layers in the 3ABN saga that we were able to peel away and find new nuggets. I appreciate that.

So I suppose a great big thank you to our banned folks for giving us all these new insights. It was too bad some of the words they used were so anti-christ-like. We could have had some wonderful dialogue. spoton.gif

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: May 14 2007, 08:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PrincessDrRe
post May 14 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #85

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

"In the end - when you wash the funky clothes - eventually they come clean & funk free...unless of course they are stained. Then sometimes you jes have to throw them away and start over. Shout don't get it "all" out!
PDR, 07

Merinate on dat....

snack.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post May 14 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ May 14 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]195592[/snapback]

"In the end - when you wash the funky clothes - eventually they come clean & funk free...unless of course they are stained. Then sometimes you jes have to throw them away and start over. Shout don't get it "all" out!
PDR, 07

Merinate on dat....

snack.gif

PrincessDrRE did you get that right out of the '07 Physicians Desk Reference ? I'm gonna get me one of them. I hear they are pretty pricey though.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post May 14 2007, 11:00 PM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

It's probably not unheard of for independent religious groups to train, perhaps even hire--or have volunteers--people to do internet evangelism, or the spreading of personal influence or advertiement in one way or another. Here, maybe even damage control.

I know on another non-religious forum I've belonged to for years, there were Mormon missionaries that would come and go. They'd start off real nice and then go to the cafe forum and and enter a discussion about religon, and set everyone straight. I got tolked down to and targeted quite often because I did't really respond right, I guess, to people who are trained in intimidation tactics and know everything.

Did anyone happen to see that series on Public Television, a week or two ago, about the Mormons? Very interesting how they train people to respond to hard questions from potential converts. Anyway, on this forum I belong to, these Mormons were so oversure of themselves, and over self-confident that they were right, almost to the point of bigotry, they'd come undone at times and call people idiots, stupid, etc. One really nice lady got booted off for that very thing...she'd just snap if the elements of an issue seemed to be stacking up against her.

With Aletheia, if she was indeed a moderator (or host) at beliefnet, it's no wonder she came across as wanting to call the shots wherever and whatever. I once tried to get her and Lee to rethink the approach of becoming so wise at detecting what was wrong with everyone esle, to the point of not seeing yourself. Like Isaiah calling out woe to everyone, then looking in the mirror and saying woe is me.

The training was appartently too deep though. I detected a lot of avoidance of issues and people with whom tactics didn't seem to be working. I've been around extreme conservative SDAs quite a bit and know their ways. There's a rigidity that sets in that is almost beyond description. Combine that with familiarity with the writings, and a closed approach where there's almost nothing new to learn--you've got quite a recipe for arrogance. They talk down to everyone...as if playing the part of the recent prophet herself, and writing a new chapter in the testemonies, volume 11.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 15 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #88

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Several people have pointed out that Aletheia sounded different sometimes. If I had to guess, I'd say that Eirene was using Aletheia's account at times. That would explain the sounding different as well as sometimes using the same IP.

+Quote Post
betrayed
post May 15 2007, 06:09 AM
Post #89

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,810

QUOTE(daylily @ May 7 2007, 05:27 AM) [snapback]194444[/snapback]

Betrayed, I'm just curious. why in the world would 3ABN keep you from attending a regular SDA church???

Let's me see, nows how many others I have heardz doesn't go to sda churches anymores cuz of 3abn tatics, treatments of others...

Don't get me wrong heres, I do go to a church and still believes in God and the all important Sabbath day.

If I says much more, I'd probably ended up in a JOYless Pickle of a mess!

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post May 15 2007, 06:51 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

When a person is banned, either temporarily or permanently, is it proper to gloat over it?

Doesn't that place us on the same level as those who were banned?

Shouldn't we have simply and privately acknowledged the ban notice/s and moved on?

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:34 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church