Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13535&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:55 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Release From Amazing Facts---4-25-07
PeacefulBe
post Jun 4 2007, 11:30 AM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Jun 1 2007, 11:26 AM) [snapback]197792[/snapback]

Lurker hiya.gif

Maybe our ghost writer will cut and paste some more quotes to Elder Pedersen in the next email to him.

So people post the questions you would like asked of him or PM them to me to refer on.

nw

NW,

What a great idea!

I'd like to know his reaction to the email Sonshineonme posted from Victoria Australia Conference President Dennis Hankinson regarding the GC dropping 3abn status from "supporting ministry" until issues are settled.

Edited post due to my using "AUC" (Australian Union Conference) which could be confused with Atlantic Union College - Thank you Yoogali, for the heads up!

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jun 4 2007, 03:36 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
joyce
post Jun 4 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #107

Member No.: 2,766

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 4 2007, 09:30 AM) [snapback]198229[/snapback]

NW,

What a great idea!

I'd like to know his reaction to the email Sonshineonme posted from AUC President Dennis Hankinson regarding the AUC dropping 3abn status from "supporting ministry" until issues are settled.

A little correction. Denis Hankinson is the president of the Victoria Conference in Australia. The resolution suspending 3abn as an SDA supporting ministry, due to more than one issue of concern, came from the General Conference. The memo regarding the issue was sent to all the pastors in that conference.

Joyce

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 4 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #108

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(joyce @ Jun 4 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]198268[/snapback]

A little correction. Denis Hankinson is the president of the Victoria Conference in Australia. The resolution suspending 3abn as an SDA supporting ministry, due to more than one issue of concern, came from the General Conference. The memo regarding the issue was sent to all the pastors in that conference.

Joyce

Joyce,

Thanks for the correction! The way I read the email was that the suspension was the result of an action by the committee that he is a member of. Looking at it from what you posted, I now see that he was probably pasting in a report from the GC!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 4 2007, 03:39 PM
Post #109

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

So was the memo to only that conference in Australia?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 4 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #110

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 4 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]198279[/snapback]

So was the memo to only that conference in Australia?

We haven't got it in ours yet.

Keep in mind that Australia is the most liberal sector in the whole denomination. They're to the world church like California is to the NAD. lol.gif

What I mean is, a conservative outfit like 3ABN is less likely to have the broad base of support in Australia than they do here. I don't know this, but I suspect it's why it came out there first. Here, we have to be, uh ... diplomatic.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 4 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #111

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]198285[/snapback]

Keep in mind that Australia is the most liberal sector in the whole denomination. They're to the world church like California is to the NAD. lol.gif

What I mean is, a conservative outfit like 3ABN is less likely to have the broad base of support in Australia than they do here. I don't know this, but I suspect it's why it came out there first. Here, we have to be, uh ... diplomatic.

Ohhhh, is that what it's called!? I see, I got it now. giggle.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Jun 4 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #112

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

LOL!! But I don't understand why. Most people, Adventist, watch, contribute to, support 3ABN because it is sanctioned by GC. They preach the SDA doctrine, they are usually exclusively televising SDA major events. I am not really understanding why GC is hesitant in retracting their support, if 3ABN is not living up to their part of the bargain.

Oh yeah, and I got that about Cali, too! Errybody else is just slow! LOL!!!

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 02:25 PM) [snapback]198285[/snapback]

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 4 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #113

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(princessdi @ Jun 4 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]198289[/snapback]

LOL!! But I don't understand why. Most people, Adventist, watch, contribute to, support 3ABN because it is sanctioned by GC. They preach the SDA doctrine, they are usually exclusively televising SDA major events. I am not really understanding why GC is hesitant in retracting their support, if 3ABN is not living up to their part of the bargain.

Well, think about it. How many people just luuuuvvvv the General Conference or the North American Division leaders? They suffer from the suspicion most Adventists have of authority figures (I think that has something to do with how we make Adventists, for one thing), they don't have a lot of credibility because nobody knows who they are or recognizes their faces. On the other side are Danny & Co who have their own satellite channels and are in many Adventist homes every week; viewers feel they "know" them.

I find this thread very hopeful, but perhaps we could send some encouraging messages to the GC and NAD leaders saying, "Hey, we know what a difficult situation you're in, and we're praying you have the wisdom to know how to say what needs to be said."

Oh yeah, and I got that about Cali, too! Errybody else is just slow! LOL!!!

offtopic2.gif My seminary friends sponsored by the CA conferences used to joke that if they got higher than a "C" in their EGW classes, they'd be dropped and have to find another job. (And if anyone here has been there besides me, you know how hard it is to actually get a grade that low in seminary...)

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 4 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 4 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]198295[/snapback]

Well, think about it. How many people just luuuuvvvv the General Conference or the North American Division leaders? They suffer from the suspicion most Adventists have of authority figures (I think that has something to do with how we make Adventists, for one thing), they don't have a lot of credibility because nobody knows who they are or recognizes their faces. On the other side are Danny & Co who have their own satellite channels and are in many Adventist homes every week; viewers feel they "know" them.

I find this thread very hopeful, but perhaps we could send some encouraging messages to the GC and NAD leaders saying, "Hey, we know what a difficult situation you're in, and we're praying you have the wisdom to know how to say what needs to be said." And do what needs to be done.
offtopic2.gif My seminary friends sponsored by the CA conferences used to joke that if they got higher than a "C" in their EGW classes, they'd be dropped and have to find another job. (And if anyone here has been there besides me, you know how hard it is to actually get a grade that low in seminary...)
HMMMMMM...... rofl1.gif

This post has been edited by mozart: Jun 4 2007, 04:58 PM

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 27 2007, 06:06 AM
Post #115

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

bump.gif

With all the talk of the merger... and of writing to Amazing Facts.... in another thread, it is time to bump this one up to the top again. I would be well for all to review the early posts of this thread... and for those who are wanting to make their voice heard, note especially beginning with post #8, where one can find the correspondence with the Chairman of the Board of AF.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 13 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

Just an encouraging word. I just listened to a sermon by Doug. B. on the AF web site and here is the link.

Go to http://www.amazingfacts.org/media/media.asp and click on central study hour and then click on the following:

16th Abraham and Sarah:Faith Tested and Tried - Listen | Download | Watch Search the Bible

What an awesome sermon from Doug B. preaching about marriage, divorce, lies, honesty, cheating on your taxes - situations where the spouse encourages the other to cheat and how wrong it is....how these things damage trust in the spouse. He read from the book "Education" quoting how we need men who cannot be bought or sold....men who are not afraid to call sin by its right name, who dare to stand for right.

It sounds like Pastor Doug is standing up and speaking out against the very things that have been troubling so many of us. Go listen. You will be blessed by his words. clap.gif clapping.gif happydance.gif thumbup.gif yahoo.gif amen.gif wow.gif signthankspin.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 14 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 13 2007, 05:50 PM) *
Just an encouraging word. I just listened to a sermon by Doug. B. on the AF web site and here is the link.

Go to http://www.amazingfacts.org/media/media.asp and click on central study hour and then click on the following:

16th Abraham and Sarah:Faith Tested and Tried - Listen | Download | Watch Search the Bible

What an awesome sermon from Doug B. preaching about marriage, divorce, lies, honesty, cheating on your taxes - situations where the spouse encourages the other to cheat and how wrong it is....how these things damage trust in the spouse. He read from the book "Education" quoting how we need men who cannot be bought or sold....men who are not afraid to call sin by its right name, who dare to stand for right.

It sounds like Pastor Doug is standing up and speaking out against the very things that have been troubling so many of us. Go listen. You will be blessed by his words. clap.gif clapping.gif happydance.gif thumbup.gif yahoo.gif amen.gif wow.gif signthankspin.gif

Are you sure of which gender of spouse he is defending?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jul 14 2007, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #118

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 04:28 PM) *
Are you sure of which gender of spouse he is defending?

oops.gif Maybe I was being a polyanna again..... bangin.gif From what I saw on the horse thing it was DS trying for and Linda being a little reluctant so I was hoping DB was taking a stand. doh.gif Guess we will have to wait and see.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 15 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #119

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 15 2007, 10:10 AM) *
oops.gif Maybe I was being a polyanna again..... bangin.gif From what I saw on the horse thing it was DS trying for and Linda being a little reluctant so I was hoping DB was taking a stand. doh.gif Guess we will have to wait and see.

When DB "takes a stand" agains 3abn and Danny Shelton it will be clear cut and unequivocal and so plain that no one will have to wonder if it is or is not a stand. When (if) he "takes a stand" he will make a clean and final break with 3abn. He will announce publicly that he is doing so. He will stop making ANY appearances on 3abn and will not allow 3abn to broadcast any new church services or evangelistic series. He will announce publicly that from here on he will be seen only on HOPE TV, and he will make every legal effort possible to force 3abn to cut him completely from their programming... as completely as they managed to cut Linda out in May of 2004.

Until then, everything he does is waffling at best and most probably indication that he is too enthralled with 3abn to make any waves anywhere. So take off the Pollyanna glasses and if you continue to watch 3abn at all, do so ONLY with the crystal clear plain untinted glasses of reality.

Thanks to r4h who called attention to my typo... which I have now corrected so that it reads correctly, DB.

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jul 15 2007, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 15 2007, 09:06 AM) *
When DS "takes a stand" agains 3abn and Danny Shelton it will be clear cut and unequivocal and so plain that no one will have to wonder if it is or is not a stand. When (if) he "takes a stand" he will make a clean and final break with 3abn. He will announce publicly that he is doing so. He will stop making ANY appearances on 3abn and will not allow 3abn to broadcast any new church services or evangelistic series. He will announce publicly that from here on he will be seen only on HOPE TV, and he will make every legal effort possible to force 3abn to cut him completely from their programming... as completely as they managed to cut Linda out in May of 2004.

Until then, everything he does is waffling at best and most probably indication that he is too enthralled with 3abn to make any waves anywhere. So take off the Pollyanna glasses and if you continue to watch 3abn at all, do so ONLY with the crystal clear plain untinted glasses of reality.

You are right with the exception of "when DS takes a stand" I think you meant DB. Just for the record I do not watch 3ABN anymore!! I stopped watching and giving when the Linda exit occurred and DS started with the poor me and then a quick remarriage. The monies also have stopped for ASI and AF.

As for the polyanna glasses. I will continue to wear them as they are a part of me but I can still see clearly hoping for the best and waiting on it. I am not holding my breath in the DS department nor in DB but on all those dedicated pastors, elders, leaders of our denomination who are somewere doing something more than just standing around. I want to believe in them and I do believe in them....I just do not know who they are.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church