Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13535&st=90 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:53 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News Release From Amazing Facts---4-25-07
SoulEspresso
post May 28 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #91

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(steffan @ May 28 2007, 05:59 PM) [snapback]197177[/snapback]

He said: There are still many details to be worked out as far as the merger.

There has not been a merge yet nor has the combined board been chosen.

Um ... is there or isn't there?

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickle
post May 28 2007, 10:01 PM
Post #92

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Steffan,

I hear that there are many, many people high and low that are convinced that Danny needs to step aside for the good of the ministry of 3ABN. Maybe it's only a little group that think otherwise.

Look at it this way: Linda allegedly committed long-distance adultery over telephone wires, and it was crystal clear to someone somewhere that she needed to step aside, whether she wanted to or not.
  • Danny divorced his wife without knowing whether she had committed fornication or not.
  • Danny told Walt Thompson the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations were 30 years old when they weren't.
  • Danny let Walt believe that the Tommy Shelton child molestation allegations were all due to a feud between Dryden and Tommy when they weren't.
  • On Feb. 15, 2007, Danny claimed ASI was willing to hear any accusation and complaint when they weren't.
  • On April 22 Danny stated that they had filed a lawsuit against two people to begin. Yet he had never made any attempt to first use church-based mediation as commanded by God in Scripture, and had thwarted and spurned our attempts to do so.
  • "Let these men know that God does not hear their prayers" (3SM 299). Is 3ABN now headed by a man whose prayers aren't heard by God because he filed a lawsuit without first trying to use church-based mediation?
  • In early December Danny claimed to me that lots of money rolling in was proof that God was pleased with his course. Is the money still rolling in? If not, by Danny's own logic, doesn't God want him to step aside?
Thanks for letting me know that my source got it wrong, at least in part.

QUOTE(steffan @ May 28 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]197177[/snapback]

Better make the call. Where do you get your sources. In looking back through the months at your many many posts it is amazing how many times your "sources" have steered you wrong.
I as well as 1000+ people were there to witness what was said. It wasn't the above.
He said: There are still many details to be worked out as far as the merger.
Even if he gives Doug the president title, He has no intention or desire to step aside IN ANY KIND OF WAY. His comment was simply that he wants to follow whatever the Lord has in store for 3abn.
NO HOW, NO WAY does the merger require him to step aside. There has not been a merge yet nor has the combined board been chosen. Therefore, how could anything be required?
Even though beartrap, in agreeing with me, is trying to insinuate 3abn might not merge because they couldn't control things they way they want to, that also is fantasy. There could be other circumstances come into play that have nothing to do with Doug, AF, Linda, You or Joy. I know it will probably come as a shock but 3abn does not base it's ministry decisions on you or your little group. They will base their decisions on what is best to reach a world wide mission field.
And please, get some new sources.

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 29 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #93

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Skyhook @ May 28 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]197163[/snapback]

BTW, narcissim was the sin that led to Satan's fall. "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I put you before Kings that they may see you. " Ezekiel 28:5

very interesting thought.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post May 29 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #94

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(Noahswife @ May 28 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]197134[/snapback]

Scott Peck, MD gives some interesting insight into some who fall in this category in his book People of the Lie . Dr. Peck is known foremost for his NY Times Best Seller, The Road Less Traveled. However, I would recommend the former book for anyone interested......

I agree you, NW--great book! I read it years ago and it helped me understand a few people I have had dealings with in a way that nothing else had.

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
mozart
post May 29 2007, 09:50 PM
Post #95

Advanced Member

that's skeery.
ohmy.gif eeeek
QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ May 29 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]197348[/snapback]

I agree you, NW--great book! I read it years ago and it helped me understand a few people I have had dealings with in a way that nothing else had.

shepherdswife

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 1 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #96

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

Todays update in this series of posts........

Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:27 PM
Subject: Re: AF/3ABN merger

Hello, as of today the proposed merger is still proceeding with the investigative stage of the discussions. Nothing is currently on hold.

Best wishes,
Jim Pedersen

Hi Jim,

I heard from a friend just a little bit ago that the AF/3abn merger was either not going to happen or was on hold. Is this just gossip? If so, what is the status of the merger at this time?

I have passed on our dialogue to a number of others and have received much positive response. They were happy to read that you and the AF Board are proceeding carefully and prayerfully.

Blessings,

dunno.gif (added by nw)

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Jun 1 2007, 10:24 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jun 1 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #97

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

Amazing Facts would be very remiss if they do not make 3ABN prove that they are following US Tax Law regarding self dealing by officers and their relatives now before proceeding any further.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 1 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #98

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(lurker @ Jun 1 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]197767[/snapback]

Amazing Facts would be very remiss if they do not make 3ABN prove that they are following US Tax Law regarding self dealing by officers and their relatives now before proceeding any further.

Lurker hiya.gif

Maybe our ghost writer will cut and paste some more quotes to Elder Pedersen in the next email to him.

So people post the questions you would like asked of him or PM them to me to refer on.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jun 1 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #99

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Observer @ May 28 2007, 08:53 PM) [snapback]197175[/snapback]

Personality Disorder: "A Personality Disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectation of the individual's culture, is pervasive and enflexible, and has an onset in adolescience or early adulthood, is stable over time, and leads to distress or impairment." DSM IV, page 629. For a slightly expended defination please see page 630.

In the DSM IV, the personality disorderss are: Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Anitisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Complusive and NOS. (To each of the preceding "Personality Disorder" is attached to the nomenclature.
NOTE: Paranoid Personality Disorder is not the same as Parnoia, or as it is called in the DSM-IV, Delusional Disorder.

The generalized defination of Narcissistic Personality Disorder is: " . . . a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in a bariety of contexts." SM-IV, page 658

NOTE: My comments are not intended to diagnose, and they are not intended to apply to anyone. I am simply making generalized statement for your edification. In addition, to diagnose Narcissistic Personality Disorder, one would need to apply the criteria listed on page 661 if using the DSM-IV. I have not listed that criteria. For this diagnosis, nine (9) criteria are listed, and it is stated that five (5) are required to be present for a diagnosis. So, one or two criteria is not enough for a diagnosis.

The aforementioned nine criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are as follows:

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

There are a couple of other personality disorders that may in play as well... consider the criteria for diagnosing antisocial personality disorder:

A. There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others occurring since age 15 years, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:

(1) failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
(2) deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
(3) impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
(4) irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
(5) reckless disregard for safety of self or others
(6) consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
(7) lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another

B. The individual is at least age 18 years.

C. There is evidence of Conduct Disorder with onset before age 15 years.

D. The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia or a Manic Episode.

There is also paranoid personality disorder:

A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

B. Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a general medical condition.

It is not a reach to say that many of these criteria, for all 3 disorders, have been met in the words and deeds of one Danny Shelton...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #100

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(watchbird @ May 27 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]197078[/snapback]

And as for Johann lasting under crossexamination... I think he would do right well, and not only that, but would be able to lead the examiners into asking just the questions that would give him opportunity to give the answers which he would love to have the judge hear.

I totally agree, WB. Plus, from what I have observed, he would do it in such a way as to bring glory to God in the process!!!! wave.gif

QUOTE(Fran @ May 27 2007, 11:32 PM) [snapback]197087[/snapback]

How about that! I succeeded in saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORTH WHILE!

no.gif no.gif I disagree, Fran.

I always find a great deal of good information and well thought perspective in your posts... notworthy.gif

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ May 27 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]197092[/snapback]

But in competent organizations, the kinds of things that would hold back a merger would be taken care of before said merger was announced publicly on international television. And events that might distract from such a well-planned business deal might be toned down.
3ABN has a lot more to lose if it falls through. AF had a lot of credibility with people who were beginning to have doubts, and I'm guessing when the merger announcement was rushed without AF even convening their board (correct me if I'm wrong!), their credibility began to suffer. I don't think they'd want that to continue.

Excellent points, SE. I totally agree. Makes me wonder if Mr. McNeilus has considered the possibility of directing some of his wealth toward a good public relations firm for 3ABN.
........ doh.gif ....... doh.gif .......

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

good point but terrrible idea my dear snoopdog. i hope not. Jesus should be the PR man for 3ABN.

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jun 3 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]198137[/snapback]

Excellent points, SE. I totally agree. Makes me wonder if Mr. McNeilus has considered the possibility of directing some of his wealth toward a good public relations firm for 3ABN.
........ doh.gif ....... doh.gif .......

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 3 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]198139[/snapback]

good point but terrrible idea my dear snoopdog. i hope not. Jesus should be the PR man for 3ABN.

You are SO right.....Jesus SHOULD BE the PR Man. But from this whole 3ABN mess and now the merger fiasco announcement, it appears that somebody forgot to consult Him. It would be one thing if it had been announced as "a proposed merger", or "we are exploring the possibilities of a merger" but no - it's "a merger" before it's even approved!

Besides, my dear friend Mo wave.gif I was being a bit facetitious...!!! ........ wink.gif

hug.gif

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 3 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

i know ya were but i just had to put a word in for our precious Savior and our own best PR man.

we love you Jesus. Please help us out here and please help 3ABN get it right.

thanks Lord.

QUOTE(Snoopy @ Jun 3 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]198143[/snapback]

You are SO right.....Jesus SHOULD BE the PR Man. But from this whole 3ABN mess and now the merger fiasco announcement, it appears that somebody forgot to consult Him. It would be one thing if it had been announced as "a proposed merger", or "we are exploring the possibilities of a merger" but no - it's "a merger" before it's even approved!

Besides, my dear friend Mo wave.gif I was being a bit facetitious...!!! ........ wink.gif

hug.gif

--------------------

"

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 3 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 3 2007, 07:31 PM) [snapback]198154[/snapback]

i know ya were but i just had to put a word in for our precious Savior and our own best PR man.

we love you Jesus. Please help us out here and please help 3ABN get it right.

thanks Lord.

amen.gif amen.gif amen.gif

And p.s. Lord. As is my daily plea, please don't give up on me, Lord Jesus. I DO love You!! Please show me what I can do to be of service to You in this mess.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church