Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13684&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:09:52 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reason For Divorce, Is lusting grounds for divorce?
summertime
post May 29 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,655

After hearing about the statements made by speakers from 3ABN about the talking by husband or wife on telephone or mail ( to a member of the opposite sex) being grounds for divorce, I have been thinking about how this would read in the church manual. How many husbands or wives in the church would be running for the divorce courts in order to look for a new, younger mate. I know of a few myself right here in Missouri. Pretty soon stories might start coming out of our churches reminescent of 'The Young and the Restless'. How many vital young men have not looked at a comely woman and wondered about the prospects of being married to the pretty young thing.!!! WHen he gets into his 50's then it really becomes ridiculous.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 05:56 PM
Post #2

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(summertime @ May 30 2007, 01:01 AM) *
After hearing about the statements made by speakers from 3ABN about the talking by husband or wife on telephone or mail ( to a member of the opposite sex) being grounds for divorce, I have been thinking about how this would read in the church manual. How many husbands or wives in the church would be running for the divorce courts in order to look for a new, younger mate. I know of a few myself right here in Missouri. Pretty soon stories might start coming out of our churches reminescent of 'The Young and the Restless'. How many vital young men have not looked at a comely woman and wondered about the prospects of being married to the pretty young thing.!!! WHen he gets into his 50's then it really becomes ridiculous.

I have just received these questions. How would you reply

Johann, do still hear from the AU Reporter? Are they still threatening a lawsuit against him? One wonders how it will all end.

Do you believe that the truth will eventually come out and that DS will be kicked out of his lucrative position? BUT BY WHOM? The GC certainly doesn not want to get involved. DS is so clever, he covers his bases well and seems deeply entrenched. Will Linda be successful in exposing him? From my perspective, DS is living in adultery. Never heard of spiritual adultery as being an excuse for remarrying, so Lomacang and Thompson have a lot on their conscience, also the president of the Illinois Conference, all supporting Danny in his false claims.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 5 2007, 08:06 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 06:56 PM) *
I Never heard of spiritual adultery as being an excuse for remarrying, so Lomacang and Thompson have a lot on their conscience, also the president of the Illinois Conference, all supporting Danny in his false claims.

Only when a man wants to trade his wife in on a younger sleeker model does a man grasp at these kinds of straws. thumbdown.gif

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 5 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

When Danny Shelton took another woman to be his “wife” through deceit of falsely accusing his real wife, Linda of "adultery" it looks like he himself is living in adultery according to the very words of Jesus, in Matthew 19:9:

“I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Jesus was not saying if two people get a divorce for other reasons, then later in life meet someone else down the road of life and marries; they would be living in adultery. Christ was not saying that. In many cases such as abuse could be a good reason, besides adultery for a divorce. Thus, those who do divorce because of abuse, and later down the road re-marry, that is not adultery. What Christ was talking about here, if a man while married sees another lusting after her, so he divorces his current wife for the other, he will be committing adultery for the rest of his life! Therefore, for sure what Jesus warned about fits Danny Shelton to the tee.

Brandy being that younger model around the age of his own daughter whom Danny so lusted after, so Danny boy then fabricated that Linda committed "adultery," since there was no proof. Danny then changed his mind to "spiritual adultery." However, since there was no proof for any kind of adultery in the state of Illinois. Where proof is required for a divorce, he had his corrupted greedy lawyers paid by 3ABN mostly elderly donors on Social Security, to file for a Guam divorce. Therefore, the woman Danny is now with, the fresh out-of-the-crib; Brandy whom he falsely secured through deceit, according to what Jesus said, Danny is seriously living in open sin of ongoing adultery. Not Good! Not just for him, but not good to have that kind of leadership running 3ABN! How can an open sinning Adulterous proclaim the Ten Commandments over the air onto untold millions throughout the world?

Where is the voices of the GC/NAD/ASI/AF to Isaiah 58:1 against Danny's open corruption for all to behold? Why is the leadership of the Seventh day Adventist Church so mute? Could what EGW wrote, apply? “These dumb dogs that would not bark are the ones who feel the just vengeance of an offended God. Men, maidens...all perish together,” 5T 211.2. How can they just remain dumb of speech, while shaking hands with the open Corrupter of God’s Holy Law, the Law that we Adventists are here in these last days to defend? Should at least It is Written to AF withdraw from 3ABN's lineup until a total overhaul takes place? In fact, why have they not done so as of yet? Is not there something wrong with this picture for all to continue as everything is okay?

This post has been edited by mikell: Aug 7 2007, 04:51 AM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 6 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 5 2007, 07:50 PM) *
When Danny Shelton took another woman to be his “wife” through deceit of falsely accusing his real wife, Linda of "adultery" it looks like he himself is living in adultery according to the very words of Jesus, in Matthew 19:9:

“I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Jesus was not saying if two people get a divorce for other reasons, then later in life meet someone else down the road of life and marries; they would be living in adultery. Christ was not saying that. In many cases such as abuse could be a good reason, besides adultery for a divorce. Thus, those who do divorce because of abuse, and later down the road re-marry, that is not adultery. What Christ was talking about here, if a man while married sees another lusting after her, so he divorces his current wife for the other, he will be committing adultery for the rest of his life! Therefore, for sure what Jesus warned about fits Danny Shelton to the tee.

Brandy being that younger model around the age of his own daughter whom Danny so lusted after, so Danny boy then fabricated that Linda committed adultery, since there was no proof. Danny then changed his mind to spiritual adultery. However, since there was no proof for any kind of adultery in the state of Illinois where proof is required for a divorce, he had his corrupted lawyers paid by 3ABN mostly elderly donors on Social Security, to file for a Guam divorce. Therefore, the woman Danny is now with, Brandy-of-the-crib whom he falsely secured through deceit, according to what Jesus said, Danny is seriously living in open sin of ongoing adultery. Not Good! Not just for him, but not good to have that kind of leadership running 3ABN! How can an open sinning adulterous proclaim the Ten Commandments over the air onto millions throughout the world? Is not there something wrong with this picture?

Thank you for bringing that out.

I agree that there is something terribly wrong with the picture.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
lowender
post Aug 7 2007, 01:52 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,696

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 6 2007, 04:55 PM) *
Thank you for bringing that out.

I agree that there is something terribly wrong with the picture.

Rosyroi

Remember folks, Danny Shelton is exempt from Biblical counsel on divorce & remarriage. After all, hasn't he saved more souls than any of us have? If he wants a younger woman around, doesn't his position entitle him to that?

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 7 2007, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(lowender @ Aug 7 2007, 02:52 AM) *
Remember folks, Danny Shelton is exempt from Biblical counsel on divorce & remarriage. After all, hasn't he saved more souls than any of us have? If he wants a younger woman around, doesn't his position entitle him to that?

It seems to me that perhaps the GC is quietly withdrawing from speaking for 3ABN. Someone has refused the merger. If you watch Safe TV on Sabbaths you will find a whole row of well known Adventist ministers who are coming on Safe TV to laud the wonderful work of Safe TV and encouraging help for Safe TV. Pastors Nelson and Carter and others. Maybe by his silent withdrawal from the merger DB has also spoken his opinion. A sudden open criticism by GC about Danny S. could spell disaster for our church. It is going to take time, but the Lord is leading---we can't hurry the Lord.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #8

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(summertime @ Aug 7 2007, 09:21 AM) *
It seems to me that perhaps the GC is quietly withdrawing from speaking for 3ABN. Someone has refused the merger. If you watch Safe TV on Sabbaths you will find a whole row of well known Adventist ministers who are coming on Safe TV to laud the wonderful work of Safe TV and encouraging help for Safe TV. Pastors Nelson and Carter and others. Maybe by his silent withdrawal from the merger DB has also spoken his opinion. A sudden open criticism by GC about Danny S. could spell disaster for our church. It is going to take time, but the Lord is leading---we can't hurry the Lord.

That's the thing--3ABN still belongs to God, and God has to do His thing on His time. That includes leading the leaders of His church to do the right thing at the right time in the right way.

The ends are not up to us, and prayer is the first of the means (not the only one!).

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 7 2007, 09:50 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
summertime
post Aug 7 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:43 AM) *
That's the thing--3ABN still belongs to God, and God has to do His thing on His time.

The ends are not up to us, and prayer is the first of the means (not the only one!).

Soul Expresso,You are so right--- Remember that prayer is just the key to heaven, but faith unlocks the door. Maybe faith while waiting is the best thing for us to experience right now. It will happen God's way!!!

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Aug 7 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Linda Shelton publically requested to prove that she had committed adultery.

The requested proof, that Danny Shelton claimed to have, has never been provided.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 08:43 AM) *
That's the thing--3ABN still belongs to God, and God has to do His thing on His time. That includes leading the leaders of His church to do the right thing at the right time in the right way.

Strange ... I had the impression that 3ABN belonged to Danny Shelton. He acts like it. Linda Shelton has a lawsuit in process to take half of it since a judge has already ruled in one instance that it is a family business rather than a non-profit ministry. I'm not sure that God always steps in and intervenes when people willfully take the wrong path, even if it appears to be a religious ministry.

As for the leaders of His church, they have repeated said, and rightly so, that 3ABN is an independent ministry, unconnected to the church, and as such will have to work out their own problems.

I believe that Garwin McNeilus, with ASI, is the main one that continues to want to take some control of 3ABN.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 10:25 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 08:38 PM
Post #12

500 + posts
Group Icon

Danny thinks he's in charge of 3ABN and Garwin seems to think he's in charge of the Adventist church, but we all know they're both wrong. dunno.gif

God uses everybody if and when He chooses--but, as C.S. Lewis notes, God uses some people as His children and servants, while He uses others as His tools. The difference is that His children/servants/friends get to cooperate with Him in a relationship, and even have some say in what happens (Abraham and Moses both argued with God and won).

The trouble with serving God only as a tool is that when the tool goes off course, well ... either He hammers it back into shape, or tosses it into the bin.

We can pray for both these men, but the choice is up to them. I'm sure God will use them as He clearly has in the past, though perhaps not the way they think He's using them ...

Let's hope they let Him save their souls as well.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 7 2007, 08:39 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Aug 7 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:38 PM) *
God uses everybody if and when He chooses--but, as C.S. Lewis notes, God uses some people as His children and servants, while He uses others as His tools. The difference is that His children/servants/friends get to cooperate with Him in a relationship, and even have some say in what happens (Abraham and Moses both argued with God and won).

The trouble with serving God only as a tool is that when the tool goes off course, well ... either He hammers it back into shape, or tosses it into the bin.

Wow, what a great word picture! Can you tell me what book of Lewis's you found that in?

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Aug 7 2007, 09:20 PM) *
Wow, what a great word picture! Can you tell me what book of Lewis's you found that in?

Not for sure. Probably God in the Dock or The Screwtape Letters.

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 11 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

What is "spiritual adultery" that Danny accused Linda with? I just never knew that was biblical grounds for a divorce, if that were true; then could it be that every wife has biblical grounds to divorce their husbands? What man hasn’t lusted?

If this was so with Linda, could not forgiveness be the way Danny should have gone, instead of filing to Guam divorce against her, and then broadcast throughout the world, I mean the world that Linda is an adulterous or yes a “spiritual” one at that? Of course, I believe Linda never committed anykind of adultery -- it is just all of Danny's fabication with the full backing of the 3ABN board.

What, are we to believe Danny never lusted after a woman, thus committing “spiritual adultery?” Oh, that is right he is our 21st Century SDA Prophet who walks on water, and so of course he would never have lusted, not even for one of his 3ABN secretaries, Brandy whom as we know dumped his wife, Linda for. If he did, would not then Brandy have biblical grounds to divorce Danny?

Yet, amazing of ds supporters so believe everything is okay over there at 3ABN. To them it is not about the ends justify the means, for they have no problem with the means! It all looks good to them. None from Danny to all those on teh board see a problem. Tragic!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:09 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church