Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13684&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:05:35 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reason For Divorce, Is lusting grounds for divorce?
PrincessDrRe
post Aug 26 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #16

PrincessDrRe
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 712

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 7 2007, 10:16 PM) *
Linda Shelton publically requested to prove that she had committed adultery.

The requested proof, that Danny Shelton claimed to have, has never been provided.

I believe that if you can prove that someone has lusted, the lusting has caused problems in the marraige, and the offending party is not asking "pardon"/forgiveness then yeah....you can divorce for lusting....per the Bible

Would I?

Probably not...after all...when do you know if someone is "truly" lusting?

scratchchin.gif

--------------------
*"Some folks use their ignorance like a umbrella. It covers everything, they perodically take it out from time to time, but it never is too far away from them."*
PrincessDrRe; March, 2007

~"Blood = Meat, Face = Meat, Internal "Organs" = Meat - you can try to make it cuter; but it's still meat...."~
PrincessDrRe; September, 2007

*(NOTE: Any advice given by Re' Silvey, MSW is not to be taken as medical/mental health advice. Although trained to be a counselor, currently employed as a therapist, and currently pursuing her PhD in Counseling Psychology (ABD/I) - she is not your assigned therapist. Please consult a mental health professional of your choice for a face-to-face consultation.)*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mystery- man
post Aug 27 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,439

QUOTE(PrincessDrRe @ Aug 26 2007, 09:35 AM) *
I believe that if you can prove that someone has lusted, the lusting has caused problems in the marraige, and the offending party is not asking "pardon"/forgiveness then yeah....you can divorce for lusting....per the Bible

Would I?

Probably not...after all...when do you know if someone is "truly" lusting?

scratchchin.gif

That is a very interesting perspective "per bible" where is that found I miss that text.
Here is a senario, you tell me what you think. A man is watching James Bond, Haley Berry comes on and the man lust after her, is that grounds for divorce if he doesnt repent of his lust for her? I would think that a few ladies need to ask for forgiveness especially if they are married. because on one topic there was a picture of a lady and a man put on this site and I got the feeling that some of the ladies and men in this forum were lustin, just my opinion. Lets follow that concept to its natural conclusion---lets go there. Or how about you wake up from dreaming and there is no doubt that you have been lusting, is that grounds for divorce? blink.gif

This post has been edited by mystery- man: Aug 27 2007, 12:36 AM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 27 2007, 12:54 AM
Post #18

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 27 2007, 08:26 AM) *
That is a very interesting perspective "per bible" where is that found I miss that text.
Here is a senario, you tell me what you think. A man is watching James Bond, Haley Berry comes on and the man lust after her, is that grounds for divorce if he doesnt repent of his lust for her? I would think that a few ladies need to ask for forgiveness especially if they are married. because on one topic there was a picture of a lady and a man put on this site and I got the feeling that some of the ladies and men in this forum were lustin, just my opinion. Lets follow that concept to its natural conclusion---lets go there. Or how about you wake up from dreaming and there is no doubt that you have been lusting, is that grounds for divorce? blink.gif

Good point, m-m! Worth considering. Can you get a divorce when you figure your spouse has been figuring? An un-spiritual math game?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 27 2007, 01:08 AM
Post #19

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Aug 8 2007, 04:16 AM) *
Linda Shelton publically requested to prove that she had committed adultery.

The requested proof, that Danny Shelton claimed to have, has never been provided.

Shortly after the divorce Danny Shelton wrote to me stating that this was all a spiritual warfare, and he claimed I did not understand this.

I have a hunch, Daryl, that neither one of the two of us are on his side in this spiritual warfare. Therefore we do not see his spiritual proofs, but we behold the great army of God beyond the horizon. May His Spirit open the eyes of His servants to see the power of truth in this battle.

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 27 2007, 08:50 AM

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Aug 27 2007, 08:40 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(mystery- man @ Aug 27 2007, 01:26 AM) *

This is classic Shelton. When you can't refute the message, attack the messenger.

You've been trained well.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 27 2007, 09:18 AM
Post #21

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Spiritual adultery is what the COI were committing against God whent hey would waunder after and worship the gods of the neighboring countries. It CANNOT be an offense between husband and wife, and has absolutely nothing to do with lust.

Yes, Danny is aboslutely living in sin with Brandy at this moment, because he "put away his wife" for something other than adultery.
He played a hunch and won for the most part. Those who closely follow and/or support 3ABN heard the term "spiritual adultery" didn't understand the "spiritual" aspect, but latched onto the "adultery" portion and ran with it. Not even considering that Danny used the term cause he was mad that his Linda on the phone, probably for the first time in their marriage putting her son before him(HUGE red flag), and to make matters worse the Dr. was not bad looking( happened, quite by accident on a picture of the good Dr. between being short and having to be a member in the Hair Club for Men, and having a form of Napoleon complex, I can see why Danny had a problem. However, it was his problem to get over, not Linda's).

****The highlighted portion of this post is from the Book of Princess, Chapter entitiled, "If it Walks like a Duck"******

QUOTE(mikell @ Aug 11 2007, 03:58 PM) *
What is "spiritual adultery" that Danny accused Linda with? I just never knew that was biblical grounds for a divorce, if that were true; then could it be that every wife has biblical grounds to divorce their husbands? What man hasn’t lusted?

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
appletree
post Aug 27 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(princessdi @ Aug 27 2007, 10:18 AM) *
Spiritual adultery is what the COI were committing against God whent hey would waunder after and worship the gods of the neighboring countries. It CANNOT be an offense between husband and wife, and has absolutely nothing to do with lust.
Yes, Danny is aboslutely living in sin with Brandy at this moment, because he "put away his wife" for something other than adultery.
He played a hunch and won for the most part. Those who closely follow and/or support 3ABN heard the term "spiritual adultery" didn't understand the "spiritual" aspect, but latched onto the "adultery" portion and ran with it. Not even considering that Danny used the term cause he was mad that his Linda on the phone, probably for the first time in their marriage putting her son before him(HUGE red flag), and to make matters worse the Dr. was not bad looking( happened, quite by accident on a picture of the good Dr. between being short and having to be a member in the Hair Club for Men, and having a form of Napoleon complex, I can see why Danny had a problem. However, it was his problem to get over, not Linda's).
****The highlighted portion of this post is from the Book of Princess, Chapter entitiled, "If it Walks like a Duck"******

Wow, I will be very interested to see you prove the statement above. After all the burden of proof is on the one that makes the accusation. In this case, you.

BTW surprising I haven't seen the results posted about the latest marital property court date, last Friday. It was an appeal for the last ruling that Linda did not tell the truth in court and must pay Danny's attorney's fees. As is usual, Laird never showed up but called in on a phone conference with the judge and opposing attorney. He ask for yet another continuance which was denied. After hearing both sides the appeal was also denied. The sanctions stick and Linda must pay for the opposing attorney's.

Oh wait, what am I saying??? Of course that kind of incident wouldn't be posted here.

+Quote Post
erik
post Aug 28 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 27 2007, 09:02 PM) *
Wow, I will be very interested to see you prove the statement above. After all the burden of proof is on the one that makes the accusation. In this case, you.

BTW surprising I haven't seen the results posted about the latest marital property court date, last Friday. It was an appeal for the last ruling that Linda did not tell the truth in court and must pay Danny's attorney's fees. As is usual, Laird never showed up but called in on a phone conference with the judge and opposing attorney. He ask for yet another continuance which was denied. After hearing both sides the appeal was also denied. The sanctions stick and Linda must pay for the opposing attorney's.

Oh wait, what am I saying??? Of course that kind of incident wouldn't be posted here.

Appletree,

Well then how does that proof that linda had an affair??

It would just mean that linda had bad lawyers happens every day.

or it might mean that the judge does not care for lawyers that fail to show up in his court room.

Erik

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 28 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

It was scheduled to be a conference call, not a court appearance. I noticed it as soon as it was scheduled and was watching for the outcome. It is annoying to see an implication that it had to be anything other than just a conference call.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 28 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #25

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Appletree,

Since you state that "After all the burden of proof is on the one that makes the accusation" I guess that means that you and Danny will need to prove the case that, 1) spiritual adultery is a divorcable sin in God's eyes and 2) that Linda committed such against Danny which made it biblically allowable for him to put her away. He did claim that to all of the viewing audience so it seems like he should be proving his case to those same folk.

By the second paragraph of your post we can establish some points.
1. There was a "marital property court date last Friday, (August 24th? Right?)
2. It was an appeal by Linda to a ruling that she didn't tell the truth in court and must pay Danny's attorney fees.
3. Laird never showed up.
4. But he did call in on a phone conference with the judge and opposing attorney.
5. He asked for a continuance.
6. It was denied.
7. After hearing both sides, the appeal was denied (sounds almost like a court appearance, but I could be wrong)
8. Linda must pay Danny's attorney fees.

So, what you are saying is that Laird did not show up for the scheduled court date last Friday?
Was this court date supposed to be at the court house?
Was the conference call put together after the fact, since Laird never showed up, as usual?
When did the conference call take place?
Is lurker telling the truth that it was supposed to be a conference call and not a court appearance?
Did you misstate or add a bit of untruthful spin to the facts in this particular situation?
Do you maintain that what you "claimed" in your second paragraph is 100% truthful?
If so, Appletree, that means the burden of proof is on you so I would humbly ask you, in the interest of establishing the truth, to prove it please.

It was scheduled to be a conference call, not a court appearance. I noticed it as soon as it was scheduled and was watching for the outcome. It is annoying to see an implication that it had to be anything other than just a conference call.

Lurker, could you post a link to the schedule so we can all see the documentation?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 28 2007, 08:46 AM
Post #26

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

My purpose of saying m comments were from the "Book of Princess" was to let those who are paying attention and without reading and comprehension issues that my comments were my own speculation. However, I know that among Danny's supporters comprehension is severely lacking.

Carry on..........
snack.gif

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Dona
post Aug 28 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,296

QUOTE(erik @ Aug 28 2007, 12:44 AM) *
Appletree,

Well then how does that proof that linda had an affair??

It would just mean that linda had bad lawyers happens every day.
or it might mean that the judge does not care for lawyers that fail to show up in his court room.

Erik

A judgment is upheld against Linda Shelton for not telling the truth, and that "would just mean Linda had bad lawyers" or it "might mean that the judge does not care for lawyers that fail to show up in his court room" to you?

Lies bother me, I think perjury bothers Judges also.

Could it mean that?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Aug 28 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #28

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(Dona @ Aug 28 2007, 10:46 AM) *
Lies bother me, I think perjury bothers Judges also.

I wonder what the judge will think about statements made by 3ABN in the Pickle/Joy suit that say 3ABN has no affiliation with any denomination and its programming is non denominational, considering the FACT that 3ABN certainly does have affiliations with the SDA denomination and most of its programming is VERY denominational. People who purport to represent inside knowledge of 3ABN on this site have said that 3ABN didn't say those things, their lawyers did.

This post has been edited by beartrap: Aug 28 2007, 03:14 PM

+Quote Post
lurker
post Aug 28 2007, 12:21 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

http://tinyurl.com/tsd7n is the link. Look at the bottom of the page. It has read this way for a week or two.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 28 2007, 12:25 PM
Post #30

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 28 2007, 06:02 AM) *

Just wondering, Appletree, how much of this is written in legal language, and how much of it written so that the average person understands it? To me it seems like you are mixing up some of the issues involved. You state that Linda lied. What did she state that was not the truth? That should be the least you could tell us, since you claim she lied.

You are the one who presents an accusation, so the burden is on you, according to your own statement above.

This post has been edited by Johann: Aug 28 2007, 12:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:05 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church