Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=255 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:26 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
appletree
post Mar 15 2008, 06:47 PM
Post #256

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 15 2008, 04:52 PM) *
Fran,

I talked to three pastors this week, all of whom said there is no validity or truth to your statements. They have never been told not to accept funds and then forward said funds on to an independent ministry.

You might want to check your facts with a few pastors, conference officials, union officers, or maybe even the GC. As far as what is contained in your post there is nothing there other than your "claims" that things are such . . . have you been given some sort of authority within the Adventist denomination to pass such edicts?

- FHB

No FHB she hasn't. There are some adventist churches that won't pass on donations to any ministry. Don't want to have to keep records etc.. Frans statement is false as 3abn gets in donations that the churches are "passing along" all the time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Mar 15 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #257

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 15 2008, 07:47 PM) *
No FHB she hasn't. There are some adventist churches that won't pass on donations to any ministry. Don't want to have to keep records etc.. Frans statement is false as 3abn gets in donations that the churches are "passing along" all the time.

You just can't help this thing about speaking for people, can you?
"some" huh? hmmm....

I sort of like Fran's posts just fine, I think she does alright all by herself. I am looking forward to HER reply to FHB and Stan.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 15 2008, 06:54 PM
Post #258

Member No.: 837

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 15 2008, 05:47 PM) *

It is my understand the local Church can not write receipts for funds that go to other non-sda ministries, I am speaking about those not with in the corporate structure. If that is just for the Canadian Churches, then I will stand corrected..

Ever union/division has GC auditors, someone should call to clairify.

+Quote Post
appletree
post Mar 15 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #259

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Stan @ Mar 15 2008, 06:54 PM) *
It is my understand the local Church can not write receipts for funds that go to other non-sda ministries, I am speaking about those not with in the corporate structure. If that is just for the Canadian Churches, then I will stand corrected..

Ever union/division has GC auditors, someone should call to clairify.

I appreciate your input Stan. Maybe here it differs from church to church. I just know that we get a lot of donations through the churches.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 15 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #260

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 15 2008, 07:21 PM) *
I just know that we get a lot of donations through the churches.

Then how come 3ABN said, "3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization"? Does it only get donations through churches that aren't churches?

+Quote Post
appletree
post Mar 15 2008, 08:57 PM
Post #261

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 15 2008, 08:40 PM) *
Then how come 3ABN said, "3ABN is not owned, operated or funded by any church, denomination or organization"? Does it only get donations through churches that aren't churches?

Pickle let's hope you made this comment as a joke versus really didn't understand.

Our subject was people passing donations through a church to 3abn. How does that equate with 3abn being "funded" by churches?

Aren't you dizzy from spinning so much?

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 16 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #262

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Stan @ Mar 15 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Just a couple of comments.

Generally the Church should not/cannot write receipts or accept donations to organizations that are not audited by the GC auditors, as we can not trace the funds. The would include The United Way, 3ABN, www.thatotherangelministries.org, www.blacksda.com etc

Sometimes new Treasurers will do that, until they get audited and informed.

AND YES Amazing Facts is a denomination ministry, and Churches can accept for them.

My Friend Fran

Am curious to what level academically you have in accounting, or if you have ever been through an audit of a organization that has 7 or 8 digits in transactions every year.. no offence.. just wondering.. I did 3.5 years out of the 5 year Canadian program, BUT nothing I did included Tax Accounting..

Stan the man:

Don't worry Stan, I have my sheep skin. However, I believe the documents are so plane that anyone can understand them.

I retired in 2000. That is when the Lord started me searching 3ABN. I was not bored!

These are questions that the judge will need to hear. I am sure Danny's lawyers have all of his questions. Are you Phishing for Danny?

Later - Fran

The document has already been posted that states churches are not to forward offerings to 3ABN! Go fish! You are correct about Amazing Facts.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 16 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #263

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 15 2008, 08:57 PM) *
Pickle let's hope you made this comment as a joke versus really didn't understand.

Our subject was people passing donations through a church to 3abn. How does that equate with 3abn being "funded" by churches?

Aren't you dizzy from spinning so much?

And the checks of donations passed through churches that 3ABN received weren't checks drawn on the bank accounts of those churches? And churches are organizations that do not include the members who are passing the donations on?

By the way, read this this morning in family worship:

"Truth is of God; deception in all its myriad forms is of Satan, and whoever in any way departs from the straight line of truth is betraying himself into the power of the wicked one" (PK 252).

Now Gregory Scott Thompson, son of the 3ABN Board chairman, has informed us that the IRS investigator is out on maternity leave. Remember when Danny was introducing Jim Gilley as the new president on global TV, he reacted to the recent news of a former 3ABNer being contacted by the IRS by saying that the IRS doesn't investigate people behind their backs, and that people that think that the IRS is investigating him are enemies of the gospel, even if they are Christians.

So, does Danny think Gregory is an enemy of the gospel?

Or was Danny fibbing on the air? And if he was fibbing on the air, according to PK 252, was his attempted deception coming from God or Satan?

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 16 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #264

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 15 2008, 11:09 PM) *
Stan the man:

Don't worry Stan, I have my sheep skin. However, I believe the documents are so plane that anyone can understand them.

I retired in 2000. That is when the Lord started me searching 3ABN. I was not bored!

These are questions that the judge will need to hear. I am sure Danny's lawyers have all of his questions. Are you Phishing for Danny?

Later - Fran

The document has already been posted that states churches are not to forward offerings to 3ABN! Go fish! You are correct about Amazing Facts.

Not phishing for anyone..

Reason I was asking about the accounting is because of your review of the auditors statement. I will make a couple of comments that I would on those statements on anyones audit.

Specifically the comment about
5...Why has 3ABN been written up every years since 2000 by auditors about a problem with Valuing assets?

In house accountants and auditors have a right to disagree, the audit is and audit, and it gives recommendations. I have had disagreements in the past with the audit opinions, and I believe the auditors were clearly wrong. Remember the words Auditors Opinions. They put their opinions in report for discussion of the board.

3...Why was over $14,000 of money that belonged to other ministries, NOT 3ABN'S, posted to 3ABN Income?

Remember the president of larger organization do not do all the coding and paperwork, and I doubt if most presidents even know most of what is going in in the day-to-day transactions.

When I took over one ABC as manager, I found a transaction for 117,000 or so, and that varied a bit every year, that was put into the wrong year for 6-7 years. I did not view that as criminal, just part of the learning process for the accountants.

I really think, and perhaps there are CPA or CA out there, and I think they would agree with me that you are overstating the problem, and I speak as if your comments were on any organization, not just the one you have addressed.

That is just my opinion.

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 16 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #265

QUOTE(appletree @ Mar 15 2008, 06:21 PM) *
I appreciate your input Stan. Maybe here it differs from church to church. I just know that we get a lot of donations through the churches.

I would think 3ABN would not want Churches to accept donations, or rather they would prefer people to donate direct so they can do follow up.

I give to sda organizations through local churches so I do not get on their mailing list. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 16 2008, 09:57 AM
Post #266

Fran...

When you say that they are not using GAAP, what are you really saying? It would appear as if you are saying both the Treasurer and his/her team, as well as their CPA Auditors are not competent.

Or am I overstating that?

+Quote Post
Ian
post Mar 16 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #267

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Pickle @ Mar 16 2008, 07:54 AM) *
And the checks of donations passed through churches that 3ABN received weren't checks drawn on the bank accounts of those churches? And churches are organizations that do not include the members who are passing the donations on?

By the way, read this this morning in family worship:

"Truth is of God; deception in all its myriad forms is of Satan, and whoever in any way departs from the straight line of truth is betraying himself into the power of the wicked one" (PK 252).

Now Gregory Scott Thompson, son of the 3ABN Board chairman, has informed us that the IRS investigator is out on maternity leave. Remember when Danny was introducing Jim Gilley as the new president on global TV, he reacted to the recent news of a former 3ABNer being contacted by the IRS by saying that the IRS doesn't investigate people behind their backs, and that people that think that the IRS is investigating him are enemies of the gospel, even if they are Christians.

So, does Danny think Gregory is an enemy of the gospel?

Or was Danny fibbing on the air? And if he was fibbing on the air, according to PK 252, was his attempted deception coming from God or Satan?

Pickle you and Sister have already outed FHB, multiple times, no need to make it a mantra..

and you might consider that DS said that before 3ABN was informed of anything by the IRS..

This post has been edited by Ian: Mar 16 2008, 10:13 AM

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 16 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #268

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 15 2008, 11:09 PM) *

Fran - please re-read my post from May 2007 - the 3abn statements that you continually refer to are so PLAIN that anyone can understand them, but it seems as if you are still having some difficulties with analyzing them.

3ABN 990 comments...

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Shiny Penny
post Mar 16 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #269

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,486

QUOTE(Stan @ Mar 16 2008, 08:57 AM) *
Fran...

When you say that they are not using GAAP, what are you really saying? It would appear as if you are saying both the Treasurer and his/her team, as well as their CPA Auditors are not competent.

Or am I overstating that?

I would bet that Fran really doesn't have a clue what she is saying about not using GAAP, but she throws around phrases and statements that she may think make her look like an authority on things accounting. Those who have had even a book-keeping class and take the time to read the reports, can easily see that Fran is not correct in her views.

Have the auditors ever given 3ABN an adverse opinion or anything even close? I bet the answer is NO.

--------------------
--Shiny Penny--

My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God. Everyone who loves is born of God... The person who refuses to love doesn't know the first thing about God, because God is love—so you can't know him if you don't love. This is how God showed his love for us: God sent his only Son into the world so we might live through him. This is the kind of love we are talking about—not that we once upon a time loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to clear away our sins and the damage they've done to our relationship with God. 1 John 4:7-10 (esaajr@asia.com)

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 16 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #270

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ian @ Mar 16 2008, 10:11 AM) *
Pickle you and Sister have already outed FHB, multiple times, no need to make it a mantra..

and you might consider that DS said that before 3ABN was informed of anything by the IRS..

Cindy, I hate to put it this way, but you don't know what you are talking about.

Danny said what he said on the air AFTER Walt told him that a former 3ABNer had called him and told him that the IRS had contacted them. And that former 3ABNer passed on the agent's contact info to Walt, and Walt was going to call that IRS agent.

The same week Walt took that call, Danny said what he said on the air.

So does Danny think Gregory Scott Thomspon is an enemy of the gospel? My question has nothing to do with outing him.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church