Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=240 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
Pickle
post Aug 2 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #241

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 1 2007, 08:27 PM) *
I'm just wondering if John and Rosemary were asked if their statement could be used in Mollie's affidavit.

Save3ABN received an enquiry as to why it had posted the enquirer's communication in one of the exhibits without seeking the author's permission. It was then explained that since the names and email addresses were nearly entirely obliterated, there was no way to know who to contact to ask permission.

And besides, 3ABN had chosen to make that communication part of the public record by using it as an exhibit in Mollie's affidavit, and thus no additional permission was really needed.

So it wouldn't surprise me a bit if John and Rosemary were never asked, as the enquirer apparently wasn't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Jan 15 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,851

Bumping this topic as a result of discussion pertaining to this in another topic here.

--------------------
In His Love, Mercy, and Grace!

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jan 15 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #243

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Jan 15 2008, 11:48 AM) *
Bumping this topic as a result of discussion pertaining to this in another topic here.

Daryl, no need to bump a topic unless you really have something to add to the discussion.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jan 15 2008, 02:58 PM
Post #244

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(calvin @ Jan 15 2008, 08:17 PM) *
Daryl, no need to bump a topic unless you really have something to add to the discussion.

I really appreciate being reminded of this so I can read it again, even if I do not add anything to the discussion. Information can be valuable even without a discussion.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Johann
post Mar 7 2008, 04:44 PM
Post #245

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

When I watch 3ABN these days I only see some ancient dreary old programs. Where is the renewal. What impact is the participation or non-participation of the GC having on the future of 3ABN?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Mar 8 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #246

Advanced Member

What's the latest about the GC suspending 3ABN's status?

Has this changed as a result of Elder Jim Gilley becoming the new president?

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 8 2008, 07:02 PM
Post #247

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Mar 8 2008, 07:19 PM) *
What's the latest about the GC suspending 3ABN's status?

Has this changed as a result of Elder Jim Gilley becoming the new president?

Daryl,

Maybe you forgot this little email:

Dear Brother Gregory

Sorry for a delay. I arrived Tuesday night in Moscow and am answering the eMails now.

In response - all I can say is that there has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters

Additionally, this afternoon on 3ABN was an announcement (if I heard correctly) about an NAD VP speaking at either camp meeting or Ten Commandments Weekend. Seems rather clear that it wasn't and isn't an issue.

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Mar 9 2008, 09:27 AM
Post #248

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

No, it has been an issue. If it is no longer an issue, that is a different matter.

+Quote Post
Daryl Fawcett
post Mar 13 2008, 03:19 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

Dear Brother Gregory

Sorry for a delay. I arrived Tuesday night in Moscow and am answering the eMails now.

In response - all I can say is that there has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters

Seems to me that more had happened since that email.

--------------------

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Maritime SDA OnLine

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 13 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #250

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Daryl Fawcett @ Mar 13 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Seems to me that more had happened since that email.

There was something else!

Churches can no longer accept offerings for 3ABN and then forward money to 3ABN. It was more of a protection for the church. How is it going to appear if the SDA church is shown to support 3ABN. It was clearly a CYA move on the churches part.

I believe they know how things are going to turn out. It won't be pretty for Danny. However, I believe with more changes coming forth from 3ABN, may be just the things to help 3ABN survive this deadly blow that has been created at the hand of one of the founders.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Fran
post Mar 15 2008, 02:43 PM
Post #251

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 13 2008, 06:08 PM) *
There was something else!

FACT:.....Churches can no longer accept (any) offerings (marked) for 3ABN and then forward money to 3ABN. (They are required to return the offering to the donor as unacceptable.) It was more of a protection for the church. How is it going to appear if the SDA church is shown to support 3ABN. It was clearly a CYA move on the churches part.

I believe they know how things are going to turn out. It won't be pretty for Danny. However, I believe with more changes coming forth from 3ABN, may be just the things to help 3ABN survive this deadly blow that has been created at the hand of one of the founders.

BUMP - Don't let this FACT get buried. It is true. I have added the words in parenthese in my quoted post above.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Mar 15 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

QUOTE(Fran @ Mar 15 2008, 04:43 PM) *
BUMP - Don't let this FACT get buried. It is true. I have added the words in parenthese in my quoted post above.

Fran,

I talked to three pastors this week, all of whom said there is no validity or truth to your statements. They have never been told not to accept funds and then forward said funds on to an independent ministry.

You might want to check your facts with a few pastors, conference officials, union officers, or maybe even the GC. As far as what is contained in your post there is nothing there other than your "claims" that things are such . . . have you been given some sort of authority within the Adventist denomination to pass such edicts?

- FHB

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
justice4jesus
post Mar 15 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #253

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,268

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Mar 15 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Fran,

I talked to three pastors this week, all of whom said there is no validity or truth to your statements. They have never been told not to accept funds and then forward said funds on to an independent ministry.

You might want to check your facts with a few pastors, conference officials, union officers, or maybe even the GC. As far as what is contained in your post there is nothing there other than your "claims" that things are such . . . have you been given some sort of authority within the Adventist denomination to pass such edicts?

- FHB

Three pastors how closely connected with Danny and/or 3ABN?

Coercion?

Just a few legit questions.

J4J

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 15 2008, 06:21 PM
Post #254

Member No.: 837

Just a couple of comments.

Generally the Church should not/cannot write receipts or accept donations to organizations that are not audited by the GC auditors, as we can not trace the funds. The would include The United Way, 3ABN, www.thatotherangelministries.org, www.blacksda.com etc

Sometimes new Treasurers will do that, until they get audited and informed.

AND YES Amazing Facts is a demoniation ministry, and Churches can accept for them.

My Friend Fran

Am curious to what level academically you have in accounting, or if you have ever been through an audit of a organzation that has 7 or 8 digits in transactions every year.. no offence.. just wondering.. I did 3.5 years out of the 5 year Canadian program, BUT nothing I did included Tax Accounting..

+Quote Post
Stan
post Mar 15 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #255

Member No.: 837

Please don't misunderstand what I said... it is not pro or anti anything.. Churches cannot write receipts for non-adventist entities. That is defined as the organizations that are not in the "Red Book"

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church