Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=225 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:22 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
Rosyroi
post Jul 30 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #226

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,536

Kinda reminds me of a story of a man who was flying from Calif to Hawaii and turned to his seatmate and asked if the seatmate knew what the money exchange was for Hawaiian money.

You know how it is with foreign exchange monies these days....

blink.gif

Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jul 30 2007, 09:18 PM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 30 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #227

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Edited due to double posting (how does that happen again?)

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jul 30 2007, 09:28 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 30 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #228

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Panama_Pete said:

We'll call it [i]The Case of the Lost Translation[/i].

( Well, it works for me. smile.gif )

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 30 2007, 07:24 PM) *
Translation problems. Of course! Australian-to-English translations have always been rough... especially the names of months. It is very difficult for translators to get unpronounceable Australian words like "June" translated to the distinctly American English word, "June." We don't even want to talk about that dastardly Australian word, "May." Argh!!! Try translating that and arriving at the word "May."

Panama_Pete, Beartrap, I was fully confident that the two of you would take this and run!

Here's a bit more for the case file. Perhaps the "clicks" on Fran's tapped phone were so distracting to Mollie that she thought it was Morse Code and was so busy trying to translate "June" and "May" from Australian-to-English-and-then-into-Morse-Code that she just couldn't concentrate on Fran's question. Anyone know what the Morse code word for "June" is?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 31 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #229

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 30 2007, 08:26 PM) *
Anyone know what the Morse code word for "June" is?

Yes, it is .--- ..- -. .

Had to take it to get my ham radio license back before there were affordable cell phones.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 31 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #230

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 31 2007, 06:13 PM) *
Yes, it is .--- ..- -. .

Had to take it to get my ham radio license back before there were affordable cell phones.

Somebody want to alert Mollie? As busy as she is I'm sure she would appreciate the assistance.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 31 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #231

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

Back to the origional discussion...

did anyone see the new 3ABN NEWS magazine that just came out? There is an article titled "Compelled to Tell". It writes about an Australian couple's life experiences and discovering the wonderful 3ABN programing and eventually traveling around setting up satellite dishes for 3ABN around Australia.

John and Rosemary Malkiewycz are helping people to learn more about Jesus one satellite dish at a time.

There is more to the story but that is it in a nutshell.

A very small nutshell at that.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 1 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #232

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 31 2007, 10:45 PM) *
did anyone see the new 3ABN NEWS magazine that just came out? There is an article titled "Compelled to Tell". ...

John and Rosemary Malkiewycz are helping people to learn more about Jesus one satellite dish at a time.

Really?

Someone called me after reading Mollie Steenson's affidavit, and they told me that the names blacked out in Exhibit J were John and Rosemary Malkiewycz. Notice that the writer, J*** or R**** M****** said the following:

"We find that attitude to be condoning anarchy in the church where our Divisions can become a persecuting power with no one to call them to account for their actions."

This is how that writer characterized the South Pacific Division's attempt to, in a small way, hold Danny Shelton and his comrades accountable for their actions.

Now why in the world would 3ABN reward with a cover story two folks who oppose the Seventh-day Adventist Church calling someone to account for their actions? Especially when those actions include the cover up of child molestation allegations?

In saying this I know there is a possibility that John and Rosemary do not know that Danny Shelton has covered up such allegations, and that Walt Thompson fully supports how Danny Shelton mishandled that matter.

Still, there seems to be a pattern here. Whistleblowers complain about the insults Leonard Westphal made against Danny, Mollie, Hal, and the 3ABN board, and they get fired while Leonard appears on the front cover of 3ABN World. Now we have John and Rosemary apparently being the ones who made highly inappropriate comments about church leadership, comments that make absolutely no sense in light of the gravity of Danny Shelton's offenses, comments that became a matter of public record in Federal Court, and they end up on the cover of 3ABN World.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Aug 1 2007, 11:49 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 1 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #233

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

Here's something that confuses. That mysterious J--- & R---- M--- say:

We find that attitude to be condoning anarchy in the church where our Divisions can become a persecuting power with no one to call them to account for their actions. We have not had any correspondence from the Division concerning this matter and we suppose 3ABN USA hasn't either.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand J--- and R--- to be talking as 3ABN employees.

The 3ABN Corporation states for the court record that it is affiliated with no specific denomination. Therefore, "our divisions" should really be restated to say, "their divisions."

Isn't it ironic that they want "Our Divisions" to be held accountable for their actions, but when it suits their fancy, the 3ABN Corporation immediately runs its own independent status up the flagpole making 3ABN Corporation accountable to nobody in those same divisions?

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 1 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #234

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 2 2007, 05:34 AM) *
Here's something that confuses. That mysterious J--- & R---- M--- say:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand J--- and R--- to be talking as 3ABN employees.

Well, from what I know about these people, they may well class themselves as "WE", because they are full-on selling the ? benifits of 3ABN and particulalry, the sales of the dishes. There are $s in it for them, so they may well speak as employees. I have found those who support 3ABN do not/will not listen to one word against them. They are right. They "asked DS or Molly or Walt" (beleive me, I have seen the replies from Walt and Mollie to those who wrote to tell, seeking the truth). There's an example of getting to hear what you want to hear, rather than seeking the truth and canvassing a number of sources! rolleyes.gif

The 3ABN Corporation states for the court record that it is affiliated with no specific denomination. Therefore, "our divisions" should really be restated to say, "their divisions."

Isn't it ironic that they want "Our Divisions" to be held accountable for their actions, but when it suits their fancy, the 3ABN Corporation immediately runs its own independent status up the flagpole making 3ABN Corporation accountable to nobody in those same divisions?

My guess is that most of the people who speak like that, have not even looked at the 'evidence'. They are so brain-washed, that they see nothing at all wrong on 3ABN's side, and EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EVERYONE who seeks further information".

Then they go and prey on the more vulnerable people and convince them that 3ABN is the way to win souls, as many Aboriginal people do not read to the extent that many other people do. They prefer to watch TV and they think that 3ABN are providing their spiritual food. I NEED to talk with some people who may be able to influence people and advise them about what is really going on, but at needs to be a face-to-face meeting, and I have not had that opportunity yet.

Please pray that I get that opportunity to make a particular journey, first weekend in September, where I'll get the opportunity to speak with the paople that 3ABN is particulalry targetting. Maybe, John and Rosemary might be there and that would then be a very interesting discussion.
surprise.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Aug 1 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #235

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

Speaking of stewardship, I have not seen Ed Reid on 3abn for a while. I don't watch it very much but when I happen to turn it on to see whats being shown, I have not seen him. Not even reruns. He is a GC employee, I think.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 1 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #236

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Aug 1 2007, 02:45 PM) *
Speaking of stewardship, I have not seen Ed Reid on 3abn for a while. I don't watch it very much but when I happen to turn it on to see whats being shown, I have not seen him. Not even reruns. He is a GC employee, I think.

Skyhook,

Ed Reid's "By Thy Spirit" is still being telecast. It was on today and will be on again on August 3rd.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Aug 1 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #237

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 1 2007, 03:36 PM) *
Well, from what I know about these people, they may well class themselves as "WE", because they are full-on selling the ? benifits of 3ABN and particulalry, the sales of the dishes. There are $s in it for them, so they may well speak as employees. I have found those who support 3ABN do not/will not listen to one word against them. They are right. They "asked DS or Molly or Walt" (beleive me, I have seen the replies from Walt and Mollie to those who wrote to tell, seeking the truth). There's an example of getting to hear what you want to hear, rather than seeking the truth and canvassing a number of sources! rolleyes.gif
My guess is that most of the people who speak like that, have not even looked at the 'evidence'. They are so brain-washed, that they see nothing at all wrong on 3ABN's side, and EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EVERYONE who seeks further information".

Then they go and prey on the more vulnerable people and convince them that 3ABN is the way to win souls, as many Aboriginal people do not read to the extent that many other people do. They prefer to watch TV and they think that 3ABN are providing their spiritual food. I NEED to talk with some people who may be able to influence people and advise them about what is really going on, but at needs to be a face-to-face meeting, and I have not had that opportunity yet.

Please pray that I get that opportunity to make a particular journey, first weekend in September, where I'll get the opportunity to speak with the paople that 3ABN is particulalry targetting. Maybe, John and Rosemary might be there and that would then be a very interesting discussion.
surprise.gif

I believe you are doing right, Ozzie, in seeking for an opportunity to speak with John and Rosemary, and your are right in saying it is dangerous to be so supportive of 3ABN that you become deaf to any expressions of concern in regard to its witness. But when persons from two sides of a dispute meet, BOTH sides must listen to each other. It could still be that neither side has all the facts and really understands from where the other party is coming.

I would have to strongly disagree that John and Rosemary are out to prey upon vulnerable people, whether black or white. We were most impressed with their honesty, faith and commitment to Jesus, when they installed a dish at our place.

When trust between parties is broken it is so easy to be deaf to the good and proper counsels we should be hearing from each other.

I believe when there are differences between persons, all members, and leaders in particular, should be careful of making a hard-and-fast judgment until all the facts are in, until they in full-hearted Christian love have heard, talked and prayed with all parities concerned. That's obviously what many are trying to say on this website.

This post has been edited by Brick Step: Aug 1 2007, 07:01 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 1 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #238

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Having heard that there has been some discord in the South Pacific Division ( I believe it was mentioned by Ozzie or Brick Step around the time that the email from the South Pacific Division President came out) it seems normal to me that those on either side of the issues would have strong feelings one way or the other. I'm just wondering if John and Rosemary were asked if their statement could be used in Mollie's affidavit. I also wonder what point Mollie had in using it? How did an angry statement about the behavior of a division stand to help the suit that 3abn has brought against Bob and Gailon?

I just did a search and it was Brick Step that referred to the problems in Australia.

Though 3ABN has been widely received with joy in Australia, people in America should understand that still, this county is not nearly as accepting of independent ministries as is USA, and the church in Australia is still somewhat torn and bleeding as a result of doctrinal conflicts and other pressures.
Link to Brick Step's full post.

(edited to add link to post reference)

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Aug 1 2007, 07:44 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 1 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #239

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Aug 2 2007, 10:52 AM) *
I believe you are doing right, Ozzie, in seeking for an opportunity to speak with John and Rosemary, and your are right in saying it is dangerous to be so supportive of 3ABN that you become deaf to any expressions of concern in regard to its witness. But when persons from two sides of a dispute meet, BOTH sides must listen to each other. It could still be that neither side has all the facts and really understands from where the other party is coming.

I would have to strongly disagree that John and Rosemary are out to prey upon vulnerable people, whether black or white. We were most impressed with their honesty, faith and commitment to Jesus, when they installed a dish at our place.

They may well be sincere, but people can also be sincerely wrong. People may do things with the best will in the world, but that doesn't make it right. I have previously met John and Rosemary at other Regional Meetings (but before I had the information about 3ABN that I do now).

When trust between parties is broken it is so easy to be deaf to the good and proper counsels we should be hearing from each other.

I believe when there are differences between persons, all members, and leaders in particular, should be careful of making a hard-and-fast judgment until all the facts are in, until they in full-hearted Christian love have heard, talked and prayed with all parities concerned. That's obviously what many are trying to say on this website.

I am pleased that our leaders have finally taken a stand and are investigating the allegations. It has been a long time coming and there are too many unanswered questions. I beleive that those investigating the claims are not 'out for blood' but rather to seek truth and no longer put Church finances and other resources into an organisation, which has so many unanswered questions hanging over its head.

I am CERTAIN that our leaders ARE LISTENING, but I wonder if DS, MS and WT are listening to the questions being asked of them? I also believe that those same investigaters are praying about the situation and asking God for wisdom. That is the nature of those who are carrying out the investigations. I pray too, that the Church-owned Hope Channel wll be promoted as THE TV channel representing the Church; especially considering that Danny states that 3ABN is non-denominational and not affliated with any church - thereby denying any connection with the SDA Church.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Aug 2 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #240

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 30 2007, 09:15 PM) *
Kinda reminds me of a story of a man who was flying from Calif to Hawaii and turned to his seatmate and asked if the seatmate knew what the money exchange was for Hawaiian money.

You know how it is with foreign exchange monies these days....

blink.gif

Rosyroi

How about the person who asked another if it was hard to find someone who spoke English when he traveled in NEw Mexico!

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church