Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:28:58 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
Fran
post Jun 4 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #46

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

Disclaimer:

I did not post to repeat what had already been posted. I appreciated the post made this AM..

We, at BSDA, are blessed with some very informed individuals. I thought about posting everything but the 3ABN part, but decided it was better as whole instead of pieces and parts. I apologize for the paragraph that was posted again.

I just felt there were other items that should be of interest. Name protection was one. The other was about pastors that have fallen from Grace.

I feel issues at 3ABN have caused an awareness of other very important issues that the World Church has failed to adequately deal with previously.

This email shows me that the church will address these issues at this time. My apologies for any redundancies.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jun 4 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 4 2007, 07:03 PM) [snapback]198330[/snapback]

<snip>
I have very emotional feelings about this action, if indeed it is true. My heart is broken that things have come this far.
I am one that wants 3ABN the network to survive and turn around to truly become God's ministry vs. Danny's Ministry.
However, it hurts me because I believe God is grieving over this matter. Our Lord is very long suffering and kind He has waited 3 years for the turn around to happen. He has given every opportunity for those at 3ABN to see the light, but sometimes we have a hard time letting go of something we have believed in and worked for.
I have to finish my stages of grief before I am sure what I feel.
As drastic a measure as this seems, it had to be done. The World church must form a united front and lead us into the path of righteousness instead of taking no action at all as it does so many times.

fran, i too am grieving over this mess... i've been numb since starting to read this forum last november. and i know God isn't laughing about it either. but how else can He get their attention when it appears they've allowed the enemy to gain such control of their minds? i pray every day for God to free everyone there from satan's control who needs to be freed - NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jun 4 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 4 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]198303[/snapback]

Hi, ex3abner, smile.gif. Since you been there and know alot what is going on, could you tell me if rescue3abn.blog.com is over the top? If everything in it is true, Ha, Danny should be burning in hell fire! It can't be all that bad, is it??? Is it possible that Danny is being just misunderstood, a victim???? scratchchin.gif

I can't say for sure that it's all true, but I know at least some of it is. Apparently someone at 3ABN thinks so, too, or they wouldn't have sent a copy of the "cease and desist" letter.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jun 4 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

pepsi.gif
QUOTE(roxe @ Jun 4 2007, 08:41 PM) [snapback]198364[/snapback]

fran, i too am grieving over this mess... I've been numb since starting to read this forum last November. and i know God isn't laughing about it either. but how else can He get their attention when it appears they've allowed the enemy to gain such control of their minds? i pray every day for God to free everyone there from Satan's control who needs to be freed - NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES.

I praise God the World Church has taken this stand. It has been a long time in coming.

I rejoice that this has happened.

I am sorrowful it had to happen.

These mixed emotions are strange. On one hand, I am like the member who hit her desk and said YES! On the other hand, I cry for those who have failed to heed the call of God. We have all waited for 3 years for the church to act or for Danny to act. Praise God for a church that when hit with a brick in the head, finally listens. Oh, if Danny could have done the same.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. pepsi.gif TVsnack.gif popcom.gif

I will get to how I truly feel tomorrow or the next day.
dunno.gif doh.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Shepherdswife
post Jun 4 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,439

QUOTE(mikell @ Jun 4 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]198303[/snapback]

Hi, ex3abner, smile.gif. Since you been there and know alot what is going on, could you tell me if rescue3abn.blog.com is over the top? If everything in it is true, Ha, Danny should be burning in hell fire! It can't be all that bad, is it??? Is it possible that Danny is being just misunderstood, a victim???? scratchchin.gif

Mikell, do you know the owner/writer of the rescue3abn blog? You mention it quite frequently so I thought you might know...
Like the savegailon site, it does not have any indication of ownership that I could find. Which makes me, even though I have read some of what is on it from other, more credible sites, not put much stock in it.

Some of the allegations that are made there are consistent with and corroborated by other reports or eyewitness accounts, but others are pretty much hearsay and speculation and cannot be "proven" at this time, in my opinion. And they are stated as fact on the site, as if there could be no doubt whatsoever, which gives me pause as to it's credibility.

Maybe that is why the writer isn't willing to give his name? I was impressed by the way J&P have been willing to openly state their name, and have gone out of their way to find supporting documents and statements to back up their points. I am not sure I would base my opinions on what Danny has or hasn't done on a site like rescue3abn.

And I know you were not asking me the question you asked above at the end of your post, but you have asked a similar question in several posts, so I will take a stab at it. There is a lot of territory between "burning in hell" and "just a misunderstood victim". And though it is tempting, as humans, to put people as all black or all white (not speaking skin color here) I don't believe it wise to go to those extremes. None of us are all good or all bad. We are all somewhere along the continuum, and the direction we are headed is at least as important, if not more so, than where we are. I am not sticking up for Danny, and I want an impartial investigation as much as anyone, but I also have a hard time with allegations being quoted as facts until more of them have been proven to be so. That just rouses emotions which can cloud issues rather than clarify them.

Again, just my opinion...

shepherdswife

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jun 4 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jun 4 2007, 08:08 PM) [snapback]198366[/snapback]

I can't say for sure that it's all true, but I know at least some of it is. Apparently someone at 3ABN thinks so, too, or they wouldn't have sent a copy of the "cease and desist" letter.

Subject: GC email.
My take is that it looks cautious. We can jump up and down for joy that GC is finally making a statement of any kind concerning Danny Shelton mismanaging all concerns in 3ABN money, staff, former staff, relatives, etc.... But this does not mean that we can start choosing the new Prez, CEO, Board and other Admin. at 3ABN shortly. We don't know how long this study will take place. We can start thinking of new admin in the meantime.

Subject: Rescue3ABN website:
I think the language content should have been a lot more Christ-like. The information may or may not, all or part be true. It does not appear to have been written prayerfully. I am personally embarrassed it exists. In my opinion this is not what Jesus would have done.

These strong worded websites put out do not reflect Christ-like attitudes no matter who they are saying they are for or against. They also help me appreciate BLACKSDA and the admin for keeping this thread clean.

notworthy.gif Thank you Admin BSDA. notworthy.gif

I may be talking ultra conservative, so be it. Mabe it will keep me from the courts for it. I can't afford to be sued by anyone for any reason. no.gif

JMO

Rsyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jun 4 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Shepherdswife @ Jun 4 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]198369[/snapback]

Mikell, do you know the owner/writer of the rescue3abn blog? You mention it quite frequently so I thought you might know...
Like the savegailon site, it does not have any indication of ownership that I could find. Which makes me, even though I have read some of what is on it from other, more credible sites, not put much stock in it.

Some of the allegations that are made there are consistent with and corroborated by other reports or eyewitness accounts, but others are pretty much hearsay and speculation and cannot be "proven" at this time, in my opinion. And they are stated as fact on the site, as if there could be no doubt whatsoever, which gives me pause as to it's credibility.

Maybe that is why the writer isn't willing to give his name? I was impressed by the way J&P have been willing to openly state their name, and have gone out of their way to find supporting documents and statements to back up their points. I am not sure I would base my opinions on what Danny has or hasn't done on a site like rescue3abn.

And I know you were not asking me the question you asked above at the end of your post, but you have asked a similar question in several posts, so I will take a stab at it. There is a lot of territory between "burning in hell" and "just a misunderstood victim". And though it is tempting, as humans, to put people as all black or all white (not speaking skin color here) I don't believe it wise to go to those extremes. None of us are all good or all bad. We are all somewhere along the continuum, and the direction we are headed is at least as important, if not more so, than where we are. I am not sticking up for Danny, and I want an impartial investigation as much as anyone, but I also have a hard time with allegations being quoted as facts until more of them have been proven to be so. That just rouses emotions which can cloud issues rather than clarify them.

Again, just my opinion...

shepherdswife

Thank you for your thoughtful balance reply. I know so much is out there and like what I read on sunshineonme site about the GC to pulling their support wrote, "A lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire." That could be true, but sure is a LOT of SMOKE! Maybe the writer of rescue3abn.blog.com does not want to be known knowning how sue happy Danny is, smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 4 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Fran @ Jun 4 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]198368[/snapback]

I praise God the World Church has taken this stand. It has been a long time in coming.

I rejoice that this has happened.

I am sorrowful it had to happen.

These mixed emotions are strange. On one hand, I am like the member who hit her desk and said YES! On the other hand, I cry for those who have failed to heed the call of God. We have all waited for 3 years for the church to act or for Danny to act. Praise God for a church that when hit with a brick in the head, finally listens. Oh, if Danny could have done the same.

Yes, I agree, there are a lot of mixed feelings...for those of us who have suffered at the hands of individuals associated with, supported by, promoted by 3ABN, much relief, but still sadness...

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 5 2007, 12:01 AM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 5 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

Getting back to the opening post and questions of verification.....
QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 4 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]198231[/snapback]

A number of us have been told that there is something along this line going on. But, we have not said anything because we were not able to verify it.

One question in my mind is: Is this an action of the General Conference, or of the South Pacific Division?

The bottom line is that now that this comment has been published, I can go back to people, ask for verification or comment, and tell them that I will publish thier comment.

I intend to seek comment from more than one source. I will keep you informed.

On a technicality: An action by a Division is an action by the General Conference for that Division. As organized, Divisions are sections of the General Conference, and are not seperate from the General Conference, as are Unions.

I have now seen emails from persons of rank in various levels in the South Pacific Division which confirm the authenticity and legitimacy of the letter posted here. I do not have permission to give their names or to directly quote their letters, but I will say that they are from church leaders in that area, and do make it clear that the directive comes from the GC, with the action being taken by the Division.

I also have word from within the NAD that the same directive and action is being taken in NAD, and this is in process of being communicated to all Conference levels in the NAD, who will then communicate with their pastors. This has been further clarified as having to do with programming... that is to say that church leaders are now banned from doing any new appearances or programming on 3abn or in their studios. It does not extend to re-runs of previously made programming. It will eventually reach down to include other church employees such as pastors.

And no... I cannot reveal the source of my information.

And btw... I cannot identify with those who are reporting such "mixed emotions" over this action. I have identified much too strongly with the victims... and those who live in fear of becoming victimized... I have for too long prayed the prayer of the "souls under the altar", "How long, O Lord, How long?!" to have any emotions over these recent actions other than a fervent, "Thank God". amen.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 5 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 5 2007, 05:27 AM) [snapback]198395[/snapback]

Getting back to the opening post and questions of verification.....

And btw... I cannot identify with those who are reporting such "mixed emotions" over this action. I have identified much too strongly with the victims... and those who live in fear of becoming victimized... I have for too long prayed the prayer of the "souls under the altar", "How long, O Lord, How long?!" to have any emotions over these recent actions other than a fervent, "Thank God". amen.gif

Rather cold reaction, I would say, Watchbird...

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 5 2007, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 5 2007, 07:55 AM
Post #56

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 5 2007, 06:32 AM) [snapback]198396[/snapback]

Rather cold reaction, I would say, Watchbird...

Not everyone has been a fan of 3ABN's programming. I wasn't, particularly. The reason I want the ministry to clean up and continue is because it has in fact brought a lot of people to know Christ--good friends of mine. Just because I didn't watch it, doesn't mean it didn't do a lot of good. It did.

I for one have been tired of seeing my church hurt by stuff like this that happens on a local level. I'm praying that such a high profile uncovering may lead people in the rank-and-file to check themselves.

To me, the spiritual well being of individuals is more important than the operations of any TV channel. Maybe that is cold, but this church has needed to encourage more discernment for years.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 5 2007, 08:35 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 5 2007, 05:55 AM) [snapback]198398[/snapback]

Not everyone has been a fan of 3ABN's programming. I wasn't, particularly. The reason I want the ministry to clean up and continue is because it has in fact brought a lot of people to know Christ--good friends of mine. Just because I didn't watch it, doesn't mean it didn't do a lot of good. It did.

I for one have been tired of seeing my church hurt by stuff like this that happens on a local level. I'm praying that such a high profile uncovering may lead people in the rank-and-file to check themselves.

To me, the spiritual well being of individuals is more important than the operations of any TV channel. Maybe that is cold, but this church has needed to encourage more discernment for years.

I haven't been a huge fan of 3ABN's programming, either. I never watched it at all until some this last year. (Remember, I'm from Southern California...)

Maybe my feelings were that those of us who have actually been victimized by people who are associated with 3ABN may have more complex reactions than ones who see only a black and white situation (with all due respect to Watchbird's position and inside information).

********************************************************************************
Quote (watchbird @ Jun 5 2007, 05:27AM)

"And btw...I cannot identify with those who are reporting such "mixed emotions" over this action."

********************************************************************************

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jun 5 2007, 09:20 AM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 5 2007, 09:19 AM
Post #58

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 5 2007, 08:35 AM) [snapback]198408[/snapback]

I haven't been a huge fan of 3ABN's programming, either. I never watched it at all until some this last year. (Remember, I'm from Southern California...)

Maybe my feelings were that those of us who have actually been victimized by people who are associated with 3ABN may have more complex reactions than ones who see only a black and white situation (with all due respect to Watchbird's position and inside information).

I misunderstood you. Sorry about that. And sorry to hear you were victimized.

One of our members said something in the shoutbox today (don't have their permission so I'm not putting up the name) that I thought was worth commenting on. They said they were in a grieving process over the 3ABN mess.

I thought, of course. Someone who felt close to these people after seeing them on TV a lot would definitely go through that.

I bring it up because it's on us to find ways to minister to fellow members when this starts getting bigger. A lot of people are going to go through a lot of grief.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 5 2007, 09:25 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jun 5 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,782

I am Glad That it appears that GOd is moving his church to at least to start looking hard and fast at 3abn.

PRaise him.

Erik

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Jun 5 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE(erik @ Jun 5 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]198418[/snapback]

I am Glad That it appears that GOd is moving his church to at least to start looking hard and fast at 3abn.

PRaise him.

Erik

Erik hiya.gif

Good to see you around again.

nw

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church