Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=75 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:02 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
LaurenceD
post Jun 5 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #76

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

I leave the world behind for a few days (got rained out in the mts.) and come back to see this news. I see there's no one to spin this in the best light, so could someone fill in for those MIA? Tell us why this, even if it's true, is of no consequence.

Thanks sonshineonme, for posting the memo.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jun 5 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #77

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jun 5 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]198468[/snapback]

I leave the world behind for a few days (got rained out in the mts.) and come back to see this news. I see there's no one to spin this in the best light, so could someone fill in for those MIA? Tell us why this, even if it's true, is of no consequence.

Welcome back LaurenceD!

Yes, you can't skip a beat these days as every day brings new surprises (well, not every day, but you get the idea). Could be the pace will just be picking up too.

As for MIA folk - don't worry, they are not MIA, they're here giggle.gif

As for saying anything, I think they lean to the blogs idea now...that way, no one can discuss/debate it with them.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Jun 5 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

I believe there is room for discussion on this point, Watchbird. I have no axe to grind with the President and Ministerial Secretary of the Conference where I worship. But I believe in a final outpouring of the latter rain, and the Holy Spirit needs room to breathe. Some guidance and controls as to who comes into the pulpit need to be exercised by persons of experience. This is the responsible way to go, I agree. But while ever it is fallible mortals who are making the judgments as to who is qualified to speak, and who is not, the possibility exists that somebody will stand in the way of God's leadings. Havoc can be caused in the churches by "approved" persons, also. Jesus Himself was unapproved and accused of creating havoc in the church of His day.

God grant us all wisdom, compassion and spiritual discernment. I'm certainly still learning.

Thank you, Observer, for your words of caution.

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 5 2007, 06:12 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

or vice versa, just guessing.
; )
QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 5 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]198458[/snapback]

That might be saying there are no invitations being extended to 3abn staff/admin/ceo to come/go to an area/church/event, etc. Just guessing.

you get a huge AMEN from me. we recently had an elder from the conf. come speak at our church and a lot of what he said was a bit sticky (kinda like that avatar fran uses=sticky) IMO
thanks for the post.
QUOTE(Brick Step @ Jun 5 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]198472[/snapback]

I believe there is room for discussion on this point, Watchbird. I have no axe to grind with the President and Ministerial Secretary of the Conference where I worship. But I believe in a final outpouring of the latter rain, and the Holy Spirit needs room to breathe. Some guidance and controls as to who comes into the pulpit need to be exercised by persons of experience. This is the responsible way to go, I agree. But while ever it is fallible mortals who are making the judgments as to who is qualified to speak, and who is not, the possibility exists that somebody will stand in the way of God's leadings. Havoc can be caused in the churches by "approved" persons, also. Jesus Himself was unapproved and accused of creating havoc in the church of His day.

God grant us all wisdom, compassion and spiritual discernment. I'm certainly still learning.

Thank you, Observer, for your words of caution.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
ohiodaniel
post Jun 5 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #80

Welcome Newbie

Member No.: 2,412

Something is rotten in Denmark..

THE GC could have said this at any time over the past few years. I think we all understand that here.

Does it seem funny that this was announced about the same time as the 'need for lots of money' for the huge expansion of HOPETV, and they know that 3ABN gets a lot more donors?

Why don't they work out of the Media center? IT is large enough.

At least Danny had the sense to build 3ABN in one of the lower cost sites.

Silver Spring is now amoung the most expensive in Uncle Sam's country.

What is up with Bradley Thorpe and Gary Gibb?

This timing of our fearless leaders scares me, but we all know they would not do anything 'dirty' don't we.

What ever happended to all the funds from the sale of EGW books that were in her will to support our ministry?

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Jun 5 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

God bless you, Mozart! I have been encouraged by many of your posts. wave.gif

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 5 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #82

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jun 5 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]198468[/snapback]

I've been away for a few days, LaurenceD. What news?

And would somebody please call Maytag: We're missing the spin cycle. rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
inga
post Jun 5 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #83

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 577

About that spin cycle ... It may have just begun ...

snack.gif

This post has been edited by inga: Jun 6 2007, 02:57 AM

+Quote Post
mozart
post Jun 5 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,207

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 5 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]198493[/snapback]

I've been away for a few days, LaurenceD. What news?

And would somebody please call Maytag: We're missing the spin cycle. rofl1.gif

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif
welcome back PP and LD. you were missed.

--------------------
Thess. 2:16-17 - Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work."

[quote: fine art]

"
Instead we seem to be using sensationalism, emotionalism, moving lights and motivational speakers that are prepared to manipulate, by well chosen words, the minds of the listeners.
It used to be, messages that were given by our pioneers were wrenched from the depths of the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Humor was not added to get that laugh of entertainment. Drama was not introduced behind the sacred desk to glue your attention.

Man's Rationale has replaced a cry for God's wisdom."

"How To Be Free From Bitterness" ( booklet written by Jim Wilson of Community Christian Ministries, Moscow, Idaho - E-mail: ccm@moscow.com )

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jun 6 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #85

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(ohiodaniel @ Jun 5 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]198478[/snapback]

Something is rotten in Denmark..

THE GC could have said this at any time over the past few years. I think we all understand that here.
Does it seem funny that this was announced about the same time as the 'need for lots of money' for the huge expansion of HOPETV, and they know that 3ABN gets a lot more donors?

Why don't they work out of the Media center? IT is large enough.

At least Danny had the sense to build 3ABN in one of the lower cost sites.

Silver Spring is now amoung the most expensive in Uncle Sam's country.

What is up with Bradley Thorpe and Gary Gibb?

This timing of our fearless leaders scares me, but we all know they would not do anything 'dirty' don't we.

What ever happended to all the funds from the sale of EGW books that were in her will to support our ministry?

The GC is between a rock and a hard place. Many of our loyal members, especially older folks who are more regular tithepayers and have more money, not only give to the church but to 3ABN. 3ABN is on TV; that gives them a lot of credibility, like it or not. We could name off GC officers, but would their faces pop into your head the way Danny's, Walt's or Shelley's would? So the GC lets it lie as long as they can (because they hate confrontation and dirty laundry), but then the laundry goes sour and someone has to clean it out. The church hasn't the guts, but a couple of laypeople tackle it in a fairly public way, expose the trouble, and 180,000 people (to date) find out about it.

They can't stay silent too long, but they know the minute they speak up they're going to make angry a bunch of their loyal members. What would you do in their position?

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jun 6 2007, 12:22 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 6 2007, 05:51 AM
Post #86

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

Gentlepeople:

I have recieved the following comment in regard to the published statement by Elder Hankinson in reference to a suspension of "supporting ministry" status of 3-ABN:

Dear Brother Gregory

Sorry for a delay. I arrived Tuesday night in Moscow and am answering the eMails now.

In response - all I can say is that there has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

Blessings.

--Rajmund Dabrowski
Communication Director
Seventh-day Adventist Church
World Headquarters
12501 Old Columbia Pike
Silver Spring MD 20904 USA
<www.adventist.org>
Phone: 301-680-6300
Fax: 301-680-6312
e-mail: dabrowskir@gc.adventist.org

In my question to Elder Dabrowski, I informed him that I would publish his response to me, exactly as he responded, without editorial revision. In keeping with my statement to him, I am posting his entire respose to me exactly as he sent it.

The question may now be asked as to how his response is consistent with the response made to me by an individual who previously responded to me, and requested that he not be identified. My answer to that is that I do not believe that they are inconsitent to any great degree.

My advice to all is as I have stated earlier: This situation is developing. No one can predict with certainty exactlly how it will develop. Therefore, we must simply wait and see.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 6 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #87

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Observer @ Jun 6 2007, 05:51 AM) [snapback]198536[/snapback]

My answer to that is that I do not believe that they are inconsitent to any great degree.

Yes, the GC statement is partially consistent with the almost totally consistent answer which was not quite 100 percent correctly supplied yesterday as a partially correct answer which referenced the almost, but not quite, 100 percent statement given by Australians, previously.

And I think I'm almost 100 percent correct on that.

Thanks, Mr. Matthews, for at least trying.

However, I think the GC is saying one thing: We're not to know.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jun 6 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #88

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 6 2007, 05:42 AM) [snapback]198538[/snapback]

Yes, the GC statement is partially consistent with the almost totally consistent answer which was not quite 100 percent correctly supplied yesterday as a partially correct answer which referenced the almost, but not quite, 100 percent statement given by Australians, previously.

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 6 2007, 07:12 AM
Post #89

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 6 2007, 08:42 AM) [snapback]198538[/snapback]

Strike up the band.... band.gif.... a little background music here..... "He's got it..... He's got it..... I really think he's got it......"

Now... go away band...... cm.gif..... silence please.....

Are we ready for the next question?.....surprise.gif......

What about OTHER World Divisions? uhm.gif

Surely we have some here who are from other Divisions and/or can find out for us whether the same or similar actions as we have heard about from the SPD and NAD are being taken in other parts of the world field. huh.gif

+Quote Post
erik
post Jun 6 2007, 07:51 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jun 5 2007, 10:21 PM) [snapback]198530[/snapback]

The GC is between a rock and a hard place. Many of our loyal members, especially older folks who are more regular tithepayers and have more money, not only give to the church but to 3ABN. 3ABN is on TV; that gives them a lot of credibility, like it or not. We could name off GC officers, but would their faces pop into your head the way Danny's, Walt's or Shelley's would? So the GC lets it lie as long as they can (because they hate confrontation and dirty laundry), but then the laundry goes sour and someone has to clean it out. The church hasn't the guts, but a couple of laypeople tackle it in a fairly public way, expose the trouble, and 180,000 people (to date) find out about it.

They can't stay silent too long, but they know the minute they speak up they're going to make angry a bunch of their loyal members. What would you do in their position?

I feel for the GC, on this but i will Say that if they want to keep the loyalty of there younger members they had better stand for truth and standards of the most basic type. I am 33 years old and it turns my stomach that it is taking years for the NAD and GC to even in the smallest way to appear to care that a man can lie about his now ex-wife, to all their loyal tithe payers, but they are to scared of losing some dollars that are not theirs any but God's to speak out against sin the the camp at 3 abn.

DO I give has much as the older members in my church nope hardly they make more then i do, But who is out doing missionary work My age group far more then the older age group, at least in my church besides which in my church half the older group could die this month, and then thier money would be gone.

THe GC Could have and still could come out with a simple statement that Until such time has 3ABN leadership can proves that they are not lying to the masses of the laity, the official support is going be withheld from 3abn, and that while they realize this will upset many church members that were trusting God to carry the church and 3abn financially while the church stood for truth.

God could replace the greater funder behind 3abn with ten men if he wanted to, way has he not seen fit to do so, maybe because we the SDA church have not seen fit to stand up has church and say enough is enough. Truth and standards matter, to this church because they matter to god.

I mean the 3abn network has done great things for God, but how much more could they be doing if the sin in their camps was repented of.

Note i am in no way attacking SE with this post, my anger is direct at the h church that seems more worried about politically and financial concerns on this topic then about Truth and rightness and holiness. I want my church when this hits the public arena, to not look like a small time RC, but rather the even if it was hard that we stood for what was right no matter if it was hard to do.
because the church has looked the other way so many times on the issues of sexual sin in the leadership of the church both high and low, God has allow this cross to come to our church to test us if we will obey the simple and clear word of the lord on this topic has found in the bible.

I guess i have said enough for now so i will climb off my soap box.

Erik Wenberg

PS I post my real full name because i want any one in leadership at the GC and 3ABN to know that real laity are very, very upset with the weak way this whole topic has been handled.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church