Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13733&st=105 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 02:29:07 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status, Supportive Ministry Status suspended by GC announcement
sonshineonme
post Jun 6 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #106

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jun 6 2007, 05:42 AM) [snapback]198538[/snapback]

Yes, the GC statement is partially consistent with the almost totally consistent answer which was not quite 100 percent correctly supplied yesterday as a partially correct answer which referenced the almost, but not quite, 100 percent statement given by Australians, previously.

And I think I'm almost 100 percent correct on that.

Thanks, Mr. Matthews, for at least trying.

However, I think the GC is saying one thing: We're not to know.

roflmao.gif That about covers it. roflmao.gif
I think I want to keep the name of this thread just as it stands, except maybe add
"depending on who you ask, when you ask and what you ask". ohmy.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jnana15
post Jun 6 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,009

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jun 6 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]198635[/snapback]

Snoopy,
Wow! All the memories you have given to me! We must have attended the same school! I had forgotten all about those "rules". giggle.gif

Rosyroi

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif Same here Rosyroi, except I went to a day academy and rode the yellow school bus. blink.gif Thanks for the memories Snoopy! thankyou.gif

Jnana

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 6 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #108

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jun 6 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]198637[/snapback]

roflmao.gif That about covers it. roflmao.gif
I think I want to keep the name of this thread just as it stands, except maybe add
"depending on who you ask, when you ask and what you ask". ohmy.gif

No, leave it alone. You will be exonerated in time.

Stay tuned.......

................TVsnack.gif..............

+Quote Post
Snoopy
post Jun 6 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,808

QUOTE(Jnana15 @ Jun 6 2007, 05:50 PM) [snapback]198640[/snapback]

rofl1.gif rofl1.gif Same here Rosyroi, except I went to a day academy and rode the yellow school bus. blink.gif Thanks for the memories Snoopy! thankyou.gif

Jnana

Hey, thanks Jnana and Rosy, for letting me know I wasn't the only one. As much as I've tried to shake them, I think all those old legalisms are still affecting me.....unsure.gif.....wacko.gif..... angel_not.gif

girlpower.gif .........hug.gif

~~Snoopy~~

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 6 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

This was included in the ATNewsbreak that just arrived tonight via email.

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
By Ervin Taylor, AToday.com (05 June 2007).
A report dated June 1, 2007 from the South Pacific Division Administrators' Council and Institute of Public Evangelism Committee contained the following statement "The General Conference has suspended 3ABN's [Three Angels Broadcasting Network] Supportive Ministry status until some well known issues in more than one area are sorted out. Basically, a lot of smoke doesn't necessarily presume a fire, but it definitely needs investigation and caution." The report in which these statements were contained was signed by Dr. Denis Hankinson, President of the Victorian Conference in the Australian Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.

A request for additional information from the General Conference of SDA resulted in the following statement communicated to Adventist Today by John Torres, Media Relations Coordinator, Communications Department: "There has been no change or review of the status of 3ABN as a supporting ministry by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists." The statement also stated that Rajmund Dabrowski, General Conference Communications Director, should be contacted for further information.

Requests for additional information and details concerning this reported suspension were made by e-mail to Dr. Hankinson, Danny Shelton, current president of 3ABN and Dr. Walter Thompson, chairman of the 3ABN Board of Directors.

Dr. Thompson responded to the Adventist Today request for comment by stating that "If the statement [from the South Pacific Division] is true, we [at 3ABN] have had no such communication."

Now that clears everything up scratchchin.gif

This post has been edited by Whtz Happenin: Jun 6 2007, 08:49 PM

+Quote Post
calvin
post Jun 6 2007, 09:06 PM
Post #111

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Maybe AToday has picked up on the story. Someone sent me this email. I could not find the link on AToday.com

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up From ATODAY.com

Oops, did not see that you had posted this Whtz Happenin Deleting mind.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 6 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Clay @ Jun 6 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]198612[/snapback]

Perhaps the title of this thread should be amended to:

General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status..... Or does it

scratchchin.gif

How about...

General Conference Turns a Deaf Ear on Indications of Corruption in the Church

+Quote Post
sister
post Jun 6 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #113

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

I wouldn't expect any official change in policy from the GC in regard to 3ABN until after the Fall Council. The email that was published here was not intended to be shared with the world at large, at this time. It was an inner office memo from the Division President to his pastoral staff. This type of email is considered confidential until an official statement has been made by the GC.

What is being experienced now could be compared to the tension you feel in the air before a thunder and lightening storm: there have been some incredibly long hot, dry days and looking overhead, you notice not a single cloud is visible in the sky, but your body senses a change is coming, there is an electrical charge in the air and the wind remains still in anticipation... it is only a matter of time before a thunderhead appears and when it does I pray we will see the moving of Lord's hand in the matter.

It is time for the officials of the SDA church to break the bondage it has been held in through allowing one individual, with much more money than spirituality, to call the shots. It is time to allow the Holy Spirit to move upon the organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and cleanse the house.

This post has been edited by sister: Jun 6 2007, 09:59 PM

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jun 6 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 6 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]198617[/snapback]

does she or doesn't she?
only her hairdresser knows for sure.

I pray that the GC gives some kind of indication that they are aware tht there is a problem and intend to deal with it before the commercial media comes out with an expose, as they love to do. Someone said something about the GC needing a good PR firm. That is a good idea. In some ways the children of darkness are wiser than the children of light. I think PR is an area where this may be true.

Mozart, you're certainly showing your age. roflmao.gif

This post has been edited by Skyhook: Jun 6 2007, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 6 2007, 10:05 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Jun 6 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]198676[/snapback]

I wouldn't expect any official change in policy from the GC in regard to 3ABN until after the Fall Council. The email that was published here was not intended to be shared with the world at large, at this time. It was an inner office memo from the Division President to his pastoral staff. This type of email is considered confidential until an official statement has been made by the GC.

What is being experienced now could be compared to the tension you feel in the air before a thunder and lightening storm: there have been some incredibly long hot, dry days and looking overhead, you notice not a single cloud is visible in the sky, but your body senses a change is coming, there is an electrical charge in the air and the wind remains still in anticipation... it is only a matter of time before a thunderhead appears and when it does I pray we will see the moving of Lord's hand in the matter.

It is time for the officials of the SDA church to break the bondage it has been held in through allowing one individual, with much more money than spirituality, to call the shots. It is time to allow the Holy Spirit to move upon the organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and cleanse the house.

No public ackowledgement of an official change in policy toward 3ABN by the GC until after the Fall Council?

Too little too late??

Not good for the credibility of the SDA church.

+Quote Post
erik
post Jun 6 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 2,782

QUOTE(mozart @ Jun 6 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]198613[/snapback]

sounds like a bunch of politicians.
sad statement for "men of Christ"
dunno.gif
do Mars or Pluto count?
doh.gif
i'm not liking all this reference to "age". maybe i'm just being sensitive. dunno.gif not sure what you mean by older. to a 40yr. old, i'm older; to a 20yr. old, i'm just "old" but to a 12yr. old, i'm ancient. personally, all 5 of our kids (ages 21 to 38) make more money than we do.
i don't think we are an exception to the rule, but maybe so. scratchchin.gif

Mozart,

I am sorry to bother you by making a issue of age.

IT IS JUST MAKES ME SICK, to hear that the reason is the GC is in a rock and a hard place on this totic is because of age.

The GC and the NAD is in a rock and a hard place for one reason and one reason only, and it is not he age of the givers in the church.

the GC is in the hard place because they have made a habit of looking the other way, and ignoring the clear written word of the lord in the bible and in the writings of EGW.

AT the very least the head of the GC should make an appt. to appear before the 3ABN board and say you have one week to place danny and the other leaders on paid leave pendingt he outcome of a fair and open hearing of the facts on this matter. If the 3abn board refused i would if i was GC president drop there status the next day and then if the fall conciol is to weak to vote formal let them override then.

God is calling for repentence by SDA in looking at sin in our own lives and the church with such a mild view.

I Mean we are talking about the things that put Jesus on the cross that caused him to suffer and die, and yet we will just say we can not do anything about it. I say that is lie straight out the mouth of satan, and the SDA church needs to say to satan get thee behind us.

I want to be proud 100% of my Church, I know we have made tons of gross errors in the past, but now is the time to stand and be counted has church before God is forced to replace us.

ERik

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 6 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #117

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 12:53 AM) [snapback]198671[/snapback]

How about...

General Conference Turns a Deaf Ear on Indications of Corruption in the Church

As hard as it is to believe, 3abn does not represent the "Church"... regardless of the impression some might like to give... afro.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 6 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

"Corruption in the church" indicates activities that could involve any of various members of the church--all Adventists are "representatives of the church".

Programming on 3ABN is generally understood to be Adventist in content.

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jun 7 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #119

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jun 7 2007, 02:34 AM) [snapback]198688[/snapback]

"Corruption in the church" indicates activities that could involve any of various members of the church--all Adventists are "representatives of the church".

Programming on 3ABN is generally understood to be Adventist in content.

Some, including those not in this church, understand that the issue with 3abn will not likely make or break the Adventist church. You may have noticed that Jesus knew of the corruption of His day, yet, as a representative He did not clean it all up. Such is life. afro.gif

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jun 7 2007, 12:18 AM
Post #120

Advanced Member

So true, Seraphim! smile.gif

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 01:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church