Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13833&st=195 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:22 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Confirms Real Estate Transaction, & Hints of Piano Sale Besides
steffan
post Jul 1 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #196

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

roflmao.gif
QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jul 1 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]202360[/snapback]

Then maybe it's time to "beat him to the punch" and publicize this far and wide. Why let him get away with it?

Let's face it, Danny can't sue everybody.

Yes Duane Inoticed your other post where you said if you even got a letter you would go to the media. roflmao.gif Do you honestly think the media is interested in a 20 + year old case where a 20 year old man said he engaged in inapropriate touching???? If you really believe that, then you need to quit threatening and go for it.
And yes, anyone can sue anybody that has indulged in public character assassination and made allegations that are ultimately found to be untrue. Especially if those falsehoods have had a detrimental effect on the person, church, ministry or business that has been slandered. For those of you who know absolutely nothing as fact but continue to accuse people of a myriad of sins in your posts, you open yourselves up to several possibilities. None of a pleasant nature.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 1 2007, 10:08 PM
Post #197

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

Steffan, you're not appreciated here!

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 1 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #198

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Steffan if you are going to respond to my post at least respond to what I actually wrote. What I was presenting was a worse case scenario of what Danny could do. Form his own church. And it could get many off shoots to join if he renounced Mrs. White because many or most off shoots reject her. I never was suggesting that he is thinking about doing any of this but he could if he wished because he has a world wide loyal following and the means to have a ready made church. Do I think it will happen? No. But we need to be thinking about the worse. After all the whole fiasco at 3abn, is much worse than anyone could have imagined a couple years ago, before we knew about the Tommy cover up, horse tax receipts cover up, the making big buck off 3abn's property cover up etc. BTW you want to detail all the false allegations? I've not seen them. Or are you just making ridiculous statements biggrin.gif

Well at least we've gotten rid of the jet....

Richard

QUOTE(steffan @ Jul 1 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]202363[/snapback]

Richard your statement about renouncing Mrs. White is exactly why there have been so many false allegations spread about Danny and 3abn. Next thing you know you're ridiculous statement will be a fact. Where do you come up with these ideas? Danny is a sincere believer of Mrs. White and would never do what you say. Also if there is a split in the church you can thank the conference, not 3abn. Again, the burden of proof is on those making the accusations and the spiritual burden is on those who listen when no proof has been shown.

Yup Danny might win a couple battle against some, but he would sure lose the war of public opinion. And it's public opinion that keeps his floundering ministry going.

QUOTE(steffan @ Jul 1 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]202370[/snapback]

roflmao.gif

Yes Duane Inoticed your other post where you said if you even got a letter you would go to the media. roflmao.gif Do you honestly think the media is interested in a 20 + year old case where a 20 year old man said he engaged in inapropriate touching???? If you really believe that, then you need to quit threatening and go for it.
And yes, anyone can sue anybody that has indulged in public character assassination and made allegations that are ultimately found to be untrue. Especially if those falsehoods have had a detrimental effect on the person, church, ministry or business that has been slandered. For those of you who know absolutely nothing as fact but continue to accuse people of a myriad of sins in your posts, you open yourselves up to several possibilities. None of a pleasant nature.

I love having Steffan here. It makes Danny's critics even more credible. Carry on your good work Steffen. Not that we need you but you do make it easier.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 1 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]202373[/snapback]

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jul 1 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #199

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(steffan @ Jul 1 2007, 11:02 PM) [snapback]202370[/snapback]

roflmao.gif

It's interesting that you feel comfortable using the laughing smilie when talking about sexual abuse. I DID NOT say I engaged in inappropriate touching. Get your facts straight.

Also, Tommy sent me an email admitting that everything was his fault. Any comment on that?

No, I don't think that the media would be interested in my case by itself, but I DO think they would be interested in around 30 years of incidents surrounding one person.

I will NOT be threatened into silence. The more you and others like you blow your stacks, the more I'll talk.

This post has been edited by ex3ABNemployee: Jul 1 2007, 10:33 PM

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 1 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #200

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ex3ABNemployee @ Jul 1 2007, 08:30 PM) [snapback]202377[/snapback]

I will NOT be threatened into silence. The more you and others like you blow your stacks, the more I'll talk.

Silence is not good!

The General Conference and church leaders are remaining SILENT!

Silence allows the abusive behavior at 3abn to continue!

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jul 2 2007, 01:25 AM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

May I have leave, please, to say a good word in Steffan’s behalf without unneedful negative attack? boxing.gif

I am grateful for the ‘other side’ being represented by one speaking up in defense. All contra-hens (roosters) does the gang good here. Why? Because it has so provoked you posters to bring out your thoughts for the values of righteousness. Protagonists and antagonists work in a tandem to produce a clearer result (hopefully).

Having to have to go through this public online libel month for month and for over three years is certainly horrible for Danny and crew to say the least. I hurt for them humanly. Nonetheless, I do not side with the defence in attempted factual presentations because the evidence of his fruit of actions points to much guilt.
I reject D.Shelton and company as proper public leaders for our SDA standards.

What I do want is the continuence of 3ABN and the good it does in lives of those who have no other, or little source of spiritual teachings. This is what makes me want to thank Steffan for defense of 3ABN for what it did stand for as media. Such ones like Steffan help us to take a backward step in overcoming totally negative thoughts toward the 3ABN entirety of it’s conception.

The media of 3ABN needs revamping in leadership but should not be thrown into the garbage disposal along with Shelton family and co. I am glad Steffan gives a good word for 3ABN entity. But perhaps the writing on the wall for Danny has not been properly read in the right light by Steffan. Defending Danny per se is a loosing cause.

“….going down with the ship” OR “…. taking the ship to another port” are plain right horrible alternatives, imo.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 2 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #202

Advanced Member

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 1 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]202301[/snapback]

I talked to a sweet senior lady over the weekend who has been a faithful 3abn viewer and supporter. She is troubled over all this mess and has stopped sending money to them. She is still watching, wondering about everything being reruns, thinks "they" are phasing DS out of the picture because she has not seen him lately. She is hoping for the "phasing out" to happen soon. That would be wonderful if it happened but it looks like he is planning to go down with the ship.

Danny "planning to go down with the ship" is consistent with his statements to the effect of 3abn being his baby. I don't know if legally anything can be done to separate the two.

+Quote Post
Observer
post Jul 2 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #203

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,664

QUOTE(steffan @ Jul 1 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]202370[/snapback]

roflmao.gif

The answer to that is "yes." The media would be interested once they understood the full set of issues. You may say that the accused is innocent. That is not the issue. The media interest would not depend upon whether or not the accuesed was innocent. Regardless of guilt, or innocence, there is quite enough to arouse media interest.

--------------------
Gregory Matthews posts here under the name "Observer."

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 2 2007, 06:04 AM
Post #204

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 1 2007, 11:08 PM) [snapback]202373[/snapback]

Admin Hat ON:

He may or may not be appreciated, however as long as no forum rules are violated he may post to his hearts content..... let him post, address his issues, ignore him if you wish, however attacking him personally will not be tolerated....

Admin Hat OFF:

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 2 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #205

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 1 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]202272[/snapback]

Or maybe there is another reason for the reruns..... Dont forget the language of the message from GC... that personnel was to make no new recordings at 3abn.... but there was no restriction on reruns. So it is my guess that we will see a lot of top brass from all over the world in reruns for the next few months.... and except for those who watch the production numbers closely... who will know that they are not current productions?

Good point. Ah yes, all things as they were...or make it so appear. Nothing to the rumor that the GC may be having doubts. BTW, was that recent interview (someone metioned) w/ the Adventist Review a rerun?

Howbout reruns of the 3abn-AF merger announcment...edited to go either way.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 2 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #206

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Whitey @ Jul 2 2007, 03:25 AM) [snapback]202400[/snapback]

Having to have to go through this public online libel month for month and for over three years is certainly horrible for Danny and crew to say the least.

While the negative things that have come out regarding Danny et al have been public and online, it has yet to be proven that they are in anywise libelous, no matter how unsavory they might be. Considering it was Danny et al who put this issue into the court of public opinion in the first place, the persons they have to blame for the crop they have reaped is and can only be themselves since they were the ones to sow the seeds that grew up into this.

While it is certainly your prerogative to have sympathy for them, be mindful that in spite of their trying to blame everyone else for their misfortune, this was and remains a largely self-inflicted wound on their part.

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
Skyhook
post Jul 2 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #207

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,121

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 2 2007, 02:47 AM) [snapback]202401[/snapback]

Danny "planning to go down with the ship" is consistent with his statements to the effect of 3abn being his baby. I don't know if legally anything can be done to separate the two.

Someone has stated that in a legal sense Danny does not "own" 3abn. Doesn't it follow that he serves at the pleasure of the board?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 2 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #208

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

But when you have the board in your back pocket.....

QUOTE(Skyhook @ Jul 2 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]202462[/snapback]

Someone has stated that in a legal sense Danny does not "own" 3abn. Doesn't it follow that he serves at the pleasure of the board?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 2 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #209

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(steffan @ Jul 1 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]202370[/snapback]

roflmao.gif

steffan,

You are most fortunate that you live somewhere else besides near my stomping grounds, for if you did, you could expect to get a really unpleasant visit from a really angry mother bear over this statement.

Are you, indeed, so clueless that you don't see the difference between sex and sexual abuse?!!! That the two seem to be meshed in your thinking certainly brings your credibility, even your basic human nature and intelligence into question. That you would mock a person who had been abused, when there is PROOF, steffan, did you hear that, PROOF that what happened to him as a young man WAS ABUSE and not sex casts aspersions on your very character.

Okay, I'm going to go and file down my nails now just in case I find out where you live.

Calvin, I apologize for being so angry, but steffan just stepped down hard on my maternal last nerve!

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jul 2 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 2 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]202469[/snapback]

steffan just stepped down hard on my maternal last nerve!

boxing.gif 2guns.gif
ATTA gurl PB!! you tell 'em!!
ranting.gif girlpower.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church