Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13833&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:19 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Confirms Real Estate Transaction, & Hints of Piano Sale Besides
runner4him
post Jun 29 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #181

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 29 2007, 07:29 AM) [snapback]202007[/snapback]

Now we are getting peppered with nonsense. Even pickle has had a dilly or two.

And the hot real estate market has really cooled down.

Richard

Actually I relish the warmth of this place even when the temp goes up too much with all the spiced topics flying around. roflmao.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Jul 1 2007, 06:33 AM
Post #182

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

I’ll remember the cayenne for any skinned knees and elbows, perhaps received even here on the “3ABN Saga” on BSDA. sad.gif

Pickle, you asked if I were going to post a copy of the ministry report on the visit of Stephen Lewis to Australia in June 2003, which I mentioned in Post #172.

The main report is three-and-a-bit A4 pages long.

We never attended any of the meetings in question (though some friends did), and so far as I could remember we did not possess a copy of the said report, though we knew about it, and had seen an unofficial earlier report. After my first post about this matter (Post #120) I prayed that if it was God’s will that further attention be given this report, He would cause it to surface somehow some way. I thought maybe somebody else altogether might post it. Then the very first person to whom I spoke about this matter, despite quite unpromising circumstances, was able within about two minutes to find a copy of the report, and immediately forwarded it to me. Boom, just like that! So I felt I was meant to make mention of it.

What I will post is the quote which, in association with 2 Timothy 4:14, 15, introduces the “Thus Saith the Lord Ministry” report of October 2005. It contains serious allegations, and there are further pages of supporting documentation. The highlighting is not mine, but exactly how it appeared in the newsletter. I am here not quoting this for or against anyone, but some of this counsel obviously applies to the 3ABN situation and underscores the need for a full and credible investigation. (It’s likely the quote has already been used by somebody somewhere on BSDA.)

“When man assails his fellow-men, and presents in a ridiculous light those whom God has appointed to do work for Him, we would not be doing justice to the accusers, or to those who are misled by their accusations should we keep silent, leaving the people to think that their brethren and sisters, in whom they have had confidence, are no longer worthy of their love and fellowship.

“This work, arising in our very midst, and resembling the work of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, is an offense to God, and should be met. And on every point the accusers should be called upon to bring their proof. Every charge should be carefully investigated; it should not be left in any uncertain way, the people should not be left to think that it may be or it may not be

“And when there is a servant of God, whom he has appointed to do a certain work, and who for half a century has been an accepted worker, labouring for the people of our faith, and before God’s workers as one whom the Lord has appointed; when for some reason one of the brethren falls under temptation, and because of the messages of warning given him becomes offended, as did the disciples of Christ, and walks no more with Christ; when he begins to work against the truth, and make his disaffection public, declaring things untrue which are true, these things must be met. The people must not be left to believe a lie. They must be undeceived.” Manuscript Releases
, Vol. 7, p. 332.

The 3ABN saga seems to have been left in a lot of uncertainty. The counsel above strongly suggests that for everybody’s sake, this ought not to be. Truth must be separated from fiction. Sad it had to come to court cases. We are certainly praying for God’s over-ruling hand.

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Jul 1 2007, 06:45 AM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

Perhaps someone has mentioned this somewhere else. I think it is a different subject, but - here goes again.

A 3ABN representative has written that the newly scheduled program, “3ABN Classics” is due to begin and that “this program will be a smorgasbord of some of the favourite ½ hour 3ABN episodes from the 1990’s. It will have a variety of subjects and presenters from week to week. It may be cooking, interviews, sermons - anything.”

Will the best of the 1990’s appearances of Barbara Kerr and Linda Shelton be acknowledged here?

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 1 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #184

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Jul 1 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]202238[/snapback]

Will the best of the 1990’s appearances of Barbara Kerr and Linda Shelton be acknowledged here?

Of course! This will be to soften the image a little...and to make us think there's been a change of heart. The other day I thought it was happening already. I went to visit the folks, and my mother had an old video playing she'd taped ot Linda and Barbara a few years ago.

BTW, who else has access to hundreds of these. I think I'll start a pirate TV channel in southern Illinois somewhere, and play them over and over, and maybe jam some other signals coming out of the same area. Copyright issues? No worries. I'll just move my portable broadcast.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 1 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jul 1 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]202248[/snapback]

Of course! This will be to soften the image a little...and to make us think there's been a change of heart. . . .

Or maybe there is another reason for the reruns..... Dont forget the language of the message from GC... that personnel was to make no new recordings at 3abn.... but there was no restriction on reruns. So it is my guess that we will see a lot of top brass from all over the world in reruns for the next few months.... and except for those who watch the production numbers closely... who will know that they are not current productions?

And maybe... if they edit them enough... maybe they will change the productin numbers also.

(pssst.... you past or present workers in production there... is that possible.... or probable?)

Stay tuned.......

.......TVsnack.gif.............

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 1 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #186

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jul 1 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]202272[/snapback]

Or maybe there is another reason for the reruns..... Dont forget the language of the message from GC... that personnel was to make no new recordings at 3abn.... but there was no restriction on reruns. So it is my guess that we will see a lot of top brass from all over the world in reruns for the next few months.... and except for those who watch the production numbers closely... who will know that they are not current productions?

And maybe... if they edit them enough... maybe they will change the productin numbers also.

(pssst.... you past or present workers in production there... is that possible.... or probable?)

Stay tuned.......

.......TVsnack.gif.............

I talked to a sweet senior lady over the weekend who has been a faithful 3abn viewer and supporter. She is troubled over all this mess and has stopped sending money to them. She is still watching, wondering about everything being reruns, thinks "they" are phasing DS out of the picture because she has not seen him lately. She is hoping for the "phasing out" to happen soon. That would be wonderful if it happened but it looks like he is planning to go down with the ship.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 1 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #187

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Or take the ship to another port? Maybe a "non-denominational" port? It would be so easy for the Danny-cult to have him form a new church and join him there. After all he is the anointed one. Just imagine a Waco type following on a grand scale. His visions, his following, his control, his money.....What would the devil like more than to have a debacle within the SDA church on that sort of scale. He could have an instant world wide church united by satellite. People are already sending him tithe, they are skipping their local church in favor of 3abn. All he would have to do is preach that the SDA church is Babylon and he would have them hooked.

Richard

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 1 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]202301[/snapback]

I talked to a sweet senior lady over the weekend who has been a faithful 3abn viewer and supporter. She is troubled over all this mess and has stopped sending money to them. She is still watching, wondering about everything being reruns, thinks "they" are phasing DS out of the picture because she has not seen him lately. She is hoping for the "phasing out" to happen soon. That would be wonderful if it happened but it looks like he is planning to go down with the ship.

+Quote Post
lurker
post Jul 1 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #188

Advanced Member

Member No.: 676

The non denominational claim makes me think that this is the "diluted" Three Angels Message.

+Quote Post
jodi
post Jul 1 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #189

Member No.: 552

[quote name='Observer' date='Jun 25 2007, 05:19 AM' post='201305']
The title "Bishop" is a Biblical one. There is nothing wrong with calling yourself a Bishop.

I totally agree and here are several texts in the Bible, that I have found, where "Bishop" is used:

1 Timothy 3:1,2: "This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position, he desires a good work. vs. 2) A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach..."

Titus 1:7: "For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not selfwilled, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money..."

1 Peter 2:25: "For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls". (KJV uses Bishop; NKJV uses Overseer. Both are from the Greek word "Episkopos", which can be translated either way.) Interesting that in this verse, Jesus is called a Bishop.

Philippians 1:1: "Paul and Timothy, servants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:..."

Acts 1:20: "....Let another take his office." Here the word "office" is from the Greek word "Episkpen" which means "position of overseer" and, as we have seen above, "overseer" can be translated "bishop".

I have watched many of Evangelist Lewis's programs and have a set of his meetings on video, that he did at 3ABN years ago. I believe that he is honest in heart to take an undiluted message to the Adventist Community to get ready, get ready, get ready, to meet thy God, because Jesus is coming sooner than alot of Adventists think. I have not heard a sermon of his yet that was contrary to the Bible but he does present it with a fevor that most people don't want to hear because we are so Laodicean!!

I think Jesus weeps, as He looks down on His chosen people today, and sees the condition they are in, and continue to stay in! Perhaps we should all have Evangelist Lewis come to OUR church, and pray for Holy Spirit indwelling to prepare us to meet our Savior. In my humble opinion, Stephen Lewis is what our church needs for this time in which we live, but are we pushing his message away as did God's people in Ezekiel's day? I wonder....

Remember, every prophet that God sent to His people in the Old Testament killed the prophet and rejected the message. Something to ponder and think about.

Jodi

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 1 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #190

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 1 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]202311[/snapback]

...What would the devil like more than to have a debacle within the SDA church on that sort of scale. He could have an instant world wide church united by satellite. People are already sending him tithe, they are skipping their local church in favor of 3abn. All he would have to do is preach that the SDA church is Babylon and he would have them hooked.

I had thought that it would not be posible for Danny Shelton to continue on because donations to 3abn would drop too much when the problems became widely known.

However yesterday (Sabbath) I was with a group in a relaxed setting, and it was wall-to-wall 3ABNland! From the cooking classes to their favorite young preacher! This was a relatively younger age demographic, not the faithful senior donators. I didn't get the impression that any revelations of misdoing at 3abn would be favorably received.

It made me wonder...maybe you are right, Richard!

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 1 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #191

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

See that's just the thing. Danny has a following that really looks to him as the anointed one. He has everything to simply split the church and take a third of it (a bit of hyperbole sorry) with him. When I hear of people talking about 3abn you get the impression that they think Danny can walk on water. He is more well known than any SDA alive right now. He could take a huge following with him and if he had the backing of a handful of rich donors he could really tear the church apart. I hope and pray this does not happen but I think it could. All the off shoot groups could unite with him, especially if he renounced the writing of Mrs. White. He has a ready made church. Talk about the shaking....

Richard

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 1 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]202350[/snapback]

I had thought that it would not be posible for Danny Shelton to continue on because donations to 3abn would drop too much when the problems became widely known.

However yesterday (Sabbath) I was with a group in a relaxed setting, and it was wall-to-wall 3ABNland! From the cooking classes to their favorite young preacher! This was a relatively younger age demographic, not the faithful senior donators. I didn't get the impression that any revelations of misdoing at 3abn would be favorably received.

It made me wonder...maybe you are right, Richard!

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 1 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #192

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 1 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]202351[/snapback]

He is more well known than any SDA alive right now. He could take a huge following with him and if he had the backing of a handful of rich donors he could really tear the church apart. I hope and pray this does not happen but I think it could. All the off shoot groups could unite with him, especially if he renounced the writing of Mrs. White. He has a ready made church. Talk about the shaking....

Yes, he is well known. I never watched 3abn at all until last year, but I definitely had heard of Danny Shelton before that.

I was just watching the President and Vice-President of Pacific Press, Dale Galusha and Russell Holt, obviously delighted to be interviewing on TV with Danny; they were also praising Brenda Walsh's and Shelley Quinn's books among others. I think this program first aired Febrary/March.

Thinking about a ready-made church with off-shoot groups...I don't really see the General Conference and church leaders repudiating DS right now...

Is the whole Adventist church (in the sense of the official organization) going to continue on with him?

+Quote Post
ex3ABNemployee
post Jul 1 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,722

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 1 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]202351[/snapback]

See that's just the thing. Danny has a following that really looks to him as the anointed one. He has everything to simply split the church and take a third of it (a bit of hyperbole sorry) with him. When I hear of people talking about 3abn you get the impression that they think Danny can walk on water. He is more well known than any SDA alive right now. He could take a huge following with him and if he had the backing of a handful of rich donors he could really tear the church apart. I hope and pray this does not happen but I think it could. All the off shoot groups could unite with him, especially if he renounced the writing of Mrs. White. He has a ready made church. Talk about the shaking....

Richard

Then maybe it's time to "beat him to the punch" and publicize this far and wide. Why let him get away with it?

Let's face it, Danny can't sue everybody.

--------------------
Duane Clem

It's not about religion, it's about a relationship.

Gems of Wisdom
"Lisa and Ronda are not Danny's biological father." -- wwjd, 2/8/07
"Watchbird, The facts prove the above lie." -- wwjd, 2/13/07
"Another lie that can be proven..." -- Bystander, 3/18/07
"The thing about lies is they can be proven." -- Aletheia, 3/22/07
"I am not here to argue" -- Aletheia, 4/24/07
"She didn't move to 3ABN, she moved to Illinois" -- Aletheia, 4/25/07
"Hope is liberal. 3abn is not." -- steffan, 6/9/07
"Danny Shelton does not decide what goes on the air, period." -- appletree, 8/22/07

http://www.save-3abn.com/
http://www.investigating3abn.info/
http://rescue3abn.blog.com/
http://www.abundantrest.org/?p=74
http://abundantrest.org/2007/02/18/3abn-sa...ons-retirement/
http://anewsabbathschool.blogspot.com/2006...ain-wrecks.html
http://cafesda.blogspot.com/2006/08/atoday...bn-news_21.html
http://www.atoday.com/email/2007/02/12/
http://spectrummagazine.typepad.com/the_sp...eans_and_e.html

+Quote Post
steffan
post Jul 1 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #194

Advanced Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,125

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 1 2007, 09:00 PM) [snapback]202351[/snapback]

Richard

Richard your statement about renouncing Mrs. White is exactly why there have been so many false allegations spread about Danny and 3abn. Next thing you know you're ridiculous statement will be a fact. Where do you come up with these ideas? Danny is a sincere believer of Mrs. White and would never do what you say. Also if there is a split in the church you can thank the conference, not 3abn. Again, the burden of proof is on those making the accusations and the spiritual burden is on those who listen when no proof has been shown.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 1 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #195

Advanced Member

Steffan, what are you doing here?

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church