Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13833&st=165 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:31:13 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3abn Confirms Real Estate Transaction, & Hints of Piano Sale Besides
YogusBearus
post Jun 27 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #166

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 27 2007, 03:58 PM) [snapback]201775[/snapback]
One thing I've learned (and maybe this is more info than ya'll want to know) is that if you are cutting up fresh hot peppers bare handed and you are a guy make very very sure you wash your hands with soap and water before, repeat before heading to the mens room. If you don't you will learn what real pain is. Real bad pain. This has been a public service announcement, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Richard

Would this be a good time to complain about Off Topic subjects fouling up the 3abn section?

-bear (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

This post has been edited by YogusBearus: Jun 27 2007, 07:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 27 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #167

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jun 27 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]201789[/snapback]

Would this be a good time to complain about Off Topic subjects fouling up the 3abn section?

Go ahead... try it. Warning... when I tried it I got my wings clipped.... sooooo... as you see, since I couldn't lick em I decided to join em.... offtopic2.gif.............. Wheeeeeee....... angel.gif.......

This post has been edited by watchbird: Jun 27 2007, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 28 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #168

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Reminds me of when I was in 9th grade, I think, and someone got one of those pieces of hot peppers in those shakers at pizza restaurants ... in my eye.

Too bad the healing, medicinal properties that the stuff has for the stomach doesn't apply to eyeballs.

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 28 2007, 06:30 AM
Post #169

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Oh man that had to hurt! That sounds worse than a guy I was working with that got a bee sting in the eyelid.

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 28 2007, 03:35 AM) [snapback]201828[/snapback]

Reminds me of when I was in 9th grade, I think, and someone got one of those pieces of hot peppers in those shakers at pizza restaurants ... in my eye.

Too bad the healing, medicinal properties that the stuff has for the stomach doesn't apply to eyeballs.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jun 28 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #170

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jun 28 2007, 12:35 AM) [snapback]201828[/snapback]

However, in the long run, Bob, you may discover that your capsaicin-bathed eye turns out to be the healthiest of the two. May take years to find out, but will have made the pain worth it, right? spoton.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 28 2007, 06:56 AM
Post #171

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jun 28 2007, 08:48 AM) [snapback]201859[/snapback]

However, in the long run, Bob, you may discover that your capsaicin-bathed eye turns out to be the healthiest of the two. May take years to find out, but will have made the pain worth it, right? spoton.gif

Seriously... one of the uses for cayenne extract is as an eyewash. Frankly, I've never had the nerve to try it. I put it in the "do not try this at home" category. I would have to have some strong persuasion from a physician experienced in its use before I went that route. Obviously (I hope) the solution recommended would be very weak... not at all like getting a solid piece in your eye! no.gif

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Jun 28 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #172

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

I am very sorry if I unnerved anyone by asking who the Stephen Lewis was in the report on the horse deals over on Save 3ABN. I did an internet search on the name and came up with all sorts of interesting sources, none of which seemed to fit the story. I wondered if it was the evangelist Stephen Lewis, whose audio and video tapes were widely circulated in Australia and New Zealand several years ago. By comments on BSDA, it seems likely that it is. We ourselves valued many of his lectures (though we always held reservations about the length of and high pressure involved in the altar calls at the end).

But many happenings associated with a highly publicized visit by this minister to Sydney, Australia in 2003 (he was invited by an independent ministry run by very well meaning new believers), have resulted in what seems to be a complete drying up of support for this man, from conservatives and liberals alike. There has been a lot of pain. Nobody much circulates his tapes anymore, or speaks of him. The ministry who invited this speaker (“Thus Saith The Lord”) gave a full report upon the debacle in their newsletter of October 2005.

I don’t, by the way, place too much stock on the words “conservative” and “liberal.” It seems to me either you love Jesus, or you do not; either you are a Christian, or you are not; either you are a Seventh-day Adventist, or you are not; either you are covered by the blood of the Saviour, or you are not. Some are conservative on one issue, liberal on another. We’re are all on our own journey. May the God who created and loves us all be allowed to pull us each in turn, back onto the track that will lead us home to heaven. What a wonderful word – “home!”

In the meantime, interesting talk about cayenne pepper! Watchbird, was interested to learn you knew Jethro Kloss. I had not realized Back to Eden was written by his daughter. Thank you for all the info. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 28 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #173

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

One use I've found for very hot peppers or sauce is in helping with headaches. (One of my trials in life) Eating one or two whole fresh jalapeños or slowing sipping a tablespoon or two of Tabasco will sometimes relieve a morning headache. My wife claims it just diverts the pain from my brain to my mouth. I think it's the release of endorphin's.

(I wonder when the admin will move part of this thread to the health section?)

Richard

This post has been edited by Richard Sherwin: Jun 28 2007, 08:54 PM

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jun 28 2007, 09:18 PM
Post #174

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 28 2007, 08:04 PM) [snapback]201944[/snapback]

One use I've found for very hot peppers or sauce is in helping with headaches. (One of my trials in life) Eating one or two whole fresh jalapeños or slowing sipping a tablespoon or two of Tabasco will sometimes relieve a morning headache. My wife claims it just diverts the pain from my brain to my mouth. I think it's the release of endorphin's.

It's probably the circulation thing. Cayenne is one of the few things that will pass the brain/blood barrier and thus is sometimes used by nutrition doctors along with medication that they want to get to the brain. Since headaches are often circulation related, it makes sense that hot peppers would help. You might try hot salsa... as you would then have the benefits of the tomatoes and onions as well as the hot peppers.

(I wonder when the admin will move part of this thread to the health section?)

Richard

I've been wondering that myself, but Calvin was complaining because this forum was not entertaining enough... maybe the admins are figuring this will spice things up a little for him...... rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 28 2007, 09:38 PM
Post #175

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

What this? The second act of the Fran and Bird comedy hour? roflmao.gif

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 28 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]201963[/snapback]

It's probably the circulation thing. Cayenne is one of the few things that will pass the brain/blood barrier and thus is sometimes used by nutrition doctors along with medication that they want to get to the brain. Since headaches are often circulation related, it makes sense that hot peppers would help. You might try hot salsa... as you would then have the benefits of the tomatoes and onions as well as the hot peppers.
I've been wondering that myself, but Calvin was complaining because this forum was not entertaining enough... maybe the admins are figuring this will spice things up a little for him...... rofl1.gif

+Quote Post
Whtz Happenin
post Jun 29 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #176

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,846

QUOTE(watchbird @ Jun 28 2007, 11:18 PM) [snapback]201963[/snapback]

You have to admit it has been quite a "HEATED" discussion.
sweat.gif
blowup.gif

I wonder what kind of peppers Panama_Pete picks?

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jun 29 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #177

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Whtz Happenin @ Jun 29 2007, 01:39 AM) [snapback]201984[/snapback]

You have to admit it has been quite a "HEATED" discussion.
sweat.gif
blowup.gif

I wonder what kind of peppers Panama_Pete picks?

Experience the Joy of Pickled peppers.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jun 29 2007, 02:22 AM
Post #178

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jun 28 2007, 07:04 PM) [snapback]201944[/snapback]
My wife claims it just diverts the pain from my brain to my mouth.

Sounds like you married a smart woman.

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Jun 28 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]201941[/snapback]
The ministry who invited this speaker ("Thus Saith The Lord") gave a full report upon the debacle in their newsletter of October 2005.

Were you going to post a copy?

+Quote Post
Whitey
post Jun 29 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #179

Advanced Member

Member No.: 581

(Post #166)Would this be a good time to complain about Off Topic subjects fouling up the 3abn section?

(here is Whitey jumping on the downstream going barge of posts with post #179. Just wanting to publicly say that I thoroughly enjoyed the brief hilarious hotpepper ride )

happydance.gif

...any more to report on the real estate transaction?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jun 29 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #180

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Now we are getting peppered with nonsense. Even pickle has had a dilly or two.

And the hot real estate market has really cooled down.

Richard

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:31 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church