Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14129&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:41 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saved Thru 3abn, New 3ABN Site
beartrap
post Jul 11 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #16

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,659

www.savedthrujesus.com
www.savedthrujesus.org
www.savedthrujesus.net

are all available. Why would 3ABN choose to use donor dollars to purchase "savedthru3abn" over "savedthrujesus"? Does this say something about who some might consider the real central focus in the business of "ministry?"

This post has been edited by beartrap: Jul 11 2007, 10:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 11 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 11 2007, 09:54 PM) *
I wish I could be surprised. At the website. At Dr. Walt. But I'm not. 3ABN has become a stream of blasphemy (the former) and doublespeak (the latter). All this is just going further downhill. Is it too late to save 3ABN?

I AM surprised at the website, at Dr. Walt, at his double talk on all the issues, at the entire 3abn mess. I too know of people who have written to Dr. Walt and have received the same song and dance reminding one of Clinton's words......

Dr. Walt...some might think he is delusional, or believing in the end justifies the means, or in so deep he cannot find a way out, or just someone who does not believe in the 10 ...thou shalt not tell a lie. The lawsuit clearly says one thing and he boldly says another. I do not know the man personally but I wonder what about integrity...honesty?

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 12 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #18

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

"... in 1984, before 3ABN started, there were an estimated five to six million Adventists worldwide; today that figure has grown to fifteen million Adventists. Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years." Danny Shelton (savedby3abn.org)

Because the rooster crows every morning before the sun comes up, the sun comes up because the rooster crows.

On the other hand, 3ABN is nondenominational, as is it's programming, so "church" growth is not a factor.

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jul 12 2007, 02:13 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 12 2007, 04:37 PM) *
"... in 1984, before 3ABN started, there were an estimated five to six million Adventists worldwide; today that figure has grown to fifteen million Adventists. Our church growth has exploded in the last twenty years." Danny Shelton (savedby3abn.org)

Seems to me like DS has lost the plot! crazy.gif So, he's claiming responsibility for the increase in church growth, and out of the other side of his mouth, he tells people that 3ABN is not affiliated with any church? thumbdown.gif
Ozzie

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 12 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #20

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

Now what do you do if http://www.Save3ABN.com/ is too high in the search engine search results? You go for pay per click advertising. That way you can get the SavedThru3ABN.org site at the very top of Google's search engine results.

See http://www.google.com/search?q=3abn.

And while you're at it, make sure you pay for other search terms too, like "Danny Shelton" and "Linda Shelton."

At least they didn't bid on the search term "Tommy Shelton"

I can't locate any other names they've bid on. Why only promote SavedThru3ABN.org for the search terms 3ABN, Danny Shelton, and Linda Shelton, but not Walt Thompson, Shelley Quinn, or Mollie Steenson?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Jul 12 2007, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 12 2007, 09:04 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 12 2007, 08:56 AM) *
Now what do you do if http://www.Save3ABN.com/ is too high in the search engine search results? You go for pay per click advertising. That way you can get the SavedThru3ABN.org site at the very top of Google's search engine results.

See http://www.google.com/search?q=3abn.

And while you're at it, make sure you pay for other search terms too, like "Danny Shelton" and "Linda Shelton."

At least they didn't bid on the search term "Tommy Shelton"

I can't locate any other names they've bid on. Why only promote SavedThru3ABN.org for the search terms 3ABN, Danny Shelton, and Linda Shelton, but not Walt Thompson, Shelley Quinn, or Mollie Steenson?

doh.gif

That is a VERY good question.

It apears that the ladder scrambling and telling Danny he is the "Anointed One" all the time hasen't worked out as well as these folk thought it would. Hmmm

OOPS! Did I say that outloud?

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 12 2007, 09:34 PM
Post #22

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

They have also bid on the search terms "Save 3ABN" and "Save3ABN."

+Quote Post
roxe
post Jul 12 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

saved THRU 3abn??

i don't even want to be saved BY 3abn, let alone THRU them...

to me, savedthru3abn sounds yucky.gif ...

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 12 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #24

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

It is all about money, or the lack thereof.

The lack of money causes some to do unreasonable things to get money. Once on the gravy train, they will spend any amount of money to stay on the gravy train.

Maybe we can get on a sidebar too. How much does it cost per click or search?

Just curious.

Maybe we can all do these searches and do clicks over and over again so they have to pay bundles on each click or search! Maybe we could cost them a few bucks and give them a false sense of security? They won't be able to tell if the clicks are from J.Q. Public or us!

Just tell us what causes the bill to rise exponentially. Let's get proactive.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 13 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #25

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 13 2007, 12:08 AM) *
It is all about money, or the lack thereof.

The lack of money causes some to do unreasonable things to get money. Once on the gravy train, they will spend any amount of money to stay on the gravy train.

Maybe we can get on a sidebar too. How much does it cost per click or search?

Just curious.

Maybe we can all do these searches and do clicks over and over again so they have to pay bundles on each click or search! Maybe we could cost them a few bucks and give them a false sense of security? They won't be able to tell if the clicks are from J.Q. Public or us!

Just tell us what causes the bill to rise exponentially. Let's get proactive.

Yes, for humanity, the accumulation of money has been the desire of ages.

I realize you're just being facetious, but for any others, we have to emphasize that the click-through idea -- to cost them a bundle -- wouldn't be Cricket.

In the end, facts and figures have to stand on their own merit. For instance, the Adventist Church was growing and membership in the Adventist Church passed one million long before any non-denominational television network established their first low-power TV downlink station.

So, let non-denominational networks say what they want. If it all jives with the known facts, fine; If not, that would be noted, too.

To borrow Beartrap's metaphor, if the little rooster wants to crow in the morning and take credit for the sunrise, that's fine. We wish the little rooster no harm.

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 13 2007, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 13 2007, 04:21 AM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 13 2007, 01:27 AM) *
I realize you're just being facetious, but for any others, we have to emphasize that the click-through idea -- to cost them a bundle -- wouldn't be Cricket

(So, in other words, let us not consider that. Thanks.)

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 13 2007, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 13 2007, 06:41 AM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 13 2007, 12:08 AM) *

Sue-happy Danny might sue happy Franny for click fraud, so I'd recommend against that.

Anyone can do a search and click through once, but to click through repeatedly over and over might get one in trouble, and probably it would be legitimate, for it wouldn't be right.

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Jul 13 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #28

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 13 2007, 08:41 AM) *
Sue-happy Danny might sue happy Franny for click fraud, so I'd recommend against that.

Anyone can do a search and click through once, but to click through repeatedly over and over might get one in trouble, and probably it would be legitimate, for it wouldn't be right.

The billing for the paid link is prolly based on daily unique click throughs... so right doesn't really come into play...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 13 2007, 10:13 AM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Jul 13 2007, 11:31 AM) *
The billing for the paid link is prolly based on daily unique click throughs... so right doesn't really come into play...

In His service,
Mr. J

What I can't figure out is why anyone would want their IP address to show up on the site anyhow... even once..... dunno.gif

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jul 13 2007, 10:21 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

What about; savedfrom3abn.com? smile.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church