Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14129&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:47 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saved Thru 3abn, New 3ABN Site
mikell
post Jul 15 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 14 2007, 07:29 PM) *
we should ask Steffan that question... oh yea he got banned...yet again. Seems like Steffan appears to have a nasty streak. He just can't quit while he is ahead. OOPS ... did I just say that outloud?
Rosyroi

I love your humor, notworthy.gif rofl1.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 15 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(mikell @ Jul 15 2007, 06:55 PM) *
I love your humor, notworthy.gif rofl1.gif

hug.gif Awww thanks Mikell.
Rosryoi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Aunt B
post Jul 15 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 2,378

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 11 2007, 03:16 PM) *
http://savedthru3abn.org/ (Copyrighted by 3ABN)

Can you be saved through 3ABN?

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
Acts 4:12

"We would see Jesus, other lights are fading
which for long years we did rejoice to see...
The blessings of this sinful world are failing,
we would not mourn them, in exchange for thee.

We would see Jesus, this is all we're needing...
strength, joy, and willingness come with the sight.
We would see Jesus, dying, risen, pleading...
soon to return and end this mortal night."

Isn't it easy to be distracted? As I sang this song this Sabbath, these lines made me think of the 3abn situation. Are they showing Jesus to the world?

Aunt B

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 16 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

In the sermon this week, the pastor talked about how God's people have always had problems. God dealt with the problems, often using other people (the first example was Pharaoh chewing out Abram), but for us now, we gots to keep our eyes on Jesus.

I bet he was influenced by the 3ABN situation when he got it ready ... lol.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Green Cochoa
post Jul 17 2007, 07:25 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,189

I agree with much of the foregoing posted in this thread, yet feel obliged to present an alternate perspective. Sometimes we get too carried away with minor details--semantics if you will. Being one who communicates in multiple languages, often on a daily basis, I can say with all truthfulness that no language I'm acquainted with can be perfectly clear 100% of the time. There is always room for ambiguity, vaguery, and shades of meaning. It is sometimes even the case, in English, that the exact same sentence, with the exact same tone of voice, inflection, etc. can have the exact opposite meaning. (Familiar with the word "cleave"?)

Now, I realize that by one's words, motives are often judged or determined, and by one's motives, the words seem to adjust their meaning. However, in this case of the "saved through" wording, I think we might do well to yield a little space.

Here are some examples that demonstrate why:

We are Christ's representatives upon the earth. How do we fulfill our mission? Christ's representatives will be in daily communion with Him. Their words will be select, their speech seasoned with grace, their hearts filled with love, their efforts sincere, earnest, persevering, to save souls for whom Christ has died. Let all do their utmost to work for the salvation of the dear children and youth, and by and by they will listen with joy to the words of Jesus, "Well done, good and faithful servant; . . . enter thou into the joy of thy Lord." What is this joy? It is beholding the redeemed saints saved through their instrumentality, through the blood of Jesus Christ.--TSS 15. {CSW 74.2}

But many do not realize their accountability to God. They are handling their Lord's talents; they have powers of mind, that, if employed in the right direction, would make them coworkers with Christ and His angels. Many souls might be saved through their efforts, to shine as stars in the crown of their rejoicing. But they are indifferent to all this. Satan has sought, through the attractions of this world, to enchain them and paralyze their moral powers, and he has succeeded only too well. {CS 212.1}

Ok...some shorter ones...

The souls saved through their efforts will be more precious to them than costly and fashionable dress.
How many souls will be saved through her [Sister Henry] precious service in drawing with Christ we cannot know.
All this is then ended, and the fruits of their labors are seen, souls are saved through their efforts in Christ.
When you see souls in the kingdom of God saved through your gifts and your service, you will rejoice that you had the privilege of doing this work.
Every soul saved will be saved through love, which begins with God.
We are all to be saved through the same grace, all to enter the same heaven at last.

"By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?" (Romans 8:24).

In fact, the Bible never uses the phrase "saved through" except in Ephesians as quoted above, without direct mention of Christ. There's not even a "saved by Christ" in the Bible.

Perhaps you'll understand what I'm trying to say...

Blessings,

Greenie.

--------------------
To copyright man's creation is to plagiarize God's gifts.

"Our salvation depends on a knowledge of the truth contained in the Scriptures." (COL 111.3)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 17 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

The phraseology "saved by Christ" as such doesn't occur in the Bible--but often the words "saved" (or "salvation"), "grace," and "Christ" go together. And obviously Jesus is referred to as "the Savior" numerous times.

Nobody doubts that thousands of people have come to know the Lord, or strengthened their relationship with Him, through the instrumentality of 3ABN.

But this board on 3ABN exists because the behind-the-scenes behavior of the channel's leadership has become very damaging to that same cause. The troubling thing about the website mentioned by this thread is that it exists solely to direct people away from the documentation of 3ABN's troubles at save3abn.com.

In other words, savedthru3abn is a blasphemous site, not because God hasn't used 3ABN to bring people to Himself, but because 3ABN put the site up, with this name, at this time, in this way, only to keep people from knowing about the wrongdoing poisoning the ministry. They're trying to cloak their sin behind a veil of glorifying God, and it stinks to high heaven. mad.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jul 17 2007, 04:49 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
pacunurse30
post Jul 17 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,742

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 17 2007, 10:23 AM) *
The phraseology "saved by Christ" as such doesn't occur in the Bible--but often the words "saved" (or "salvation"), "grace," and "Christ" go together. And obviously Jesus is referred to as "the Savior" numerous times.

Nobody doubts that thousands of people have come to know the Lord, or strengthened their relationship with Him, through the instrumentality of 3ABN.

But this board exists because the behind-the-scenes behavior of 3ABN's leadership has become very damaging to that same cause. The troubling thing about the website mentioned by this thread is that it exists solely to direct people away from the documentation of 3ABN's troubles at save3abn.com.

In other words, savedthru3abn is a blasphemous site, not because God hasn't used 3ABN to bring people to Himself, but because 3ABN put the site up, with this name, at this time, in this way, only to keep people from knowing about the wrongdoing poisoning the ministry. They're trying to cloak their sin behind a veil of glorifying God, and it stinks to high heaven. mad.gif

Wow, that's pretty bad. Sounds like they are using their own works to save face rather than getting on their knees and trusting that God will prevail. If they really are doing God's will, and if God be for them, then they have nothing to fear! Sometimes I wonder if we really believe in the kind of faith that we preach/talk about.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 19 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

The graphic at the top of http://www.SavedThru3ABN.org/ presently says "Saved by Jesus Through 3ABN." Did it use to read differently? If so, anyone have a copy of the previous version?

This post has been edited by Pickle: Jul 19 2007, 12:36 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 19 2007, 01:17 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 19 2007, 11:36 AM) *
The graphic at the top of http://www.SavedThru3ABN.org/ presently says "Saved by Jesus Through 3ABN." Did it use to read differently? If so, anyone have a copy of the previous version?

I don't have a copy, but I believe it did say Saved Thru 3ABN. Nothing shows up on the web archive search I did on it at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://savedthru3abn.org/

Here is the Whois info, such as it is. It does say there has been one change, whatever that means.

http://whois.domaintools.com/savedthru3abn.org

The Wikipedia article linked in the Whois info has the Title as Saved Thru 3ABN.

This post has been edited by PeacefullyBewildered: Jul 19 2007, 01:20 PM

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 19 2007, 01:19 PM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 19 2007, 12:36 PM) *

furious.gif lol.gif sad.gif Oh I wish I had saved it! It WAS different ... something like "to God be the glory" or whatever.

Same sin, different verse. no.gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jul 19 2007, 01:19 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 19 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 19 2007, 09:19 PM) *
furious.gif lol.gif sad.gif Oh I wish I had saved it! It WAS different ... something like "to God be the glory" or whatever.

Same sin, different verse. no.gif

Once wickedness rules the spiritual blind, there is no limit to . . .

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jul 19 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 20 2007, 05:17 AM) *
I don't have a copy, but I believe it did say Saved Thru 3ABN. Nothing shows up on the web archive search I did on it at http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://savedthru3abn.org/

Here is the Whois info, such as it is. It does say there has been one change, whatever that means.

http://whois.domaintools.com/savedthru3abn.org

The Wikipedia article linked in the Whois info has the Title as Saved Thru 3ABN.

"by Jesus" has definately been added since I looked several days ago, and yes. There has been one change made on the domain hosting site. Some one obviously enlightened Danny that it wasn't his brightest idea to claim that people were 'saved thru 3abn'! dreams.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 19 2007, 07:03 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 19 2007, 11:36 AM) *

Hmm... a website called "SavedbyJesusthrough3ABN" still doesn't ring right(in my mind). the word after the word "through" should be an action by the person being saved not an entity. (entity such as 3 ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK.)

oh well... sad.gif I suppose they are really trying.

JMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 19 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Jul 19 2007, 07:03 PM) *
Hmm... a website called "SavedbyJesusthrough3ABN" still doesn't ring right(in my mind). the word after the word "through" should be an action by the person being saved not an entity. (entity such as 3 ANGELS BROADCASTING NETWORK.)

oh well... sad.gif I suppose they are really trying.

JMHO

Rosyroi

Really trying or just reading here and then rethinking what they are doing. We have been a light to them but only in the PR department. They do not seem interested in really changing anything but the public image in order to keep the money flowing.

+Quote Post
beartrap
post Jul 20 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #60

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,659

I don't recall ever seeing the apostles writing books like "Saved By Jesus through Paul," "Saved by Jesus through John," or Saved by Jesus through Peter" That might have been considered an act of self-righteous arrogance by them. Nor do I even remember any point at which Ellen White claimed that people are saved by Jesus, but through her. Seems that somone has started a new thing here. Maybe others should follow suit. Doug Batchelor, Mark Finley, Johann Thorvalsen, and all the other pastors could start posting websites talking about how people are saved by Jesus, but through them. What do you think? Inspiring?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church