Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14129&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 03:06:49 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saved Thru 3abn, New 3ABN Site
PeacefulBe
post Jul 20 2007, 05:12 AM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 19 2007, 11:07 PM) *
I don't recall ever seeing the apostles writing books like "Saved By Jesus through Paul," "Saved by Jesus through John," or Saved by Jesus through Peter" That might have been considered an act of self-righteous arrogance by them. Nor do I even remember any point at which Ellen White claimed that people are saved by Jesus, but through her. Seems that somone has started a new thing here. Maybe others should follow suit. Doug Batchelor, Mark Finley, Johann Thorvalsen, and all the other pastors could start posting websites talking about how people are saved by Jesus, but through them. What do you think? Inspiring?

Beartrap,
Yes, it would be inspiring and also might be clear which spirit was behind that inspiration. BTJMO.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clay
post Jul 20 2007, 05:26 AM
Post #62

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(beartrap @ Jul 20 2007, 01:07 AM) *
I don't recall ever seeing the apostles writing books like "Saved By Jesus through Paul," "Saved by Jesus through John," or Saved by Jesus through Peter" That might have been considered an act of self-righteous arrogance by them. Nor do I even remember any point at which Ellen White claimed that people are saved by Jesus, but through her. Seems that somone has started a new thing here. Maybe others should follow suit. Doug Batchelor, Mark Finley, Johann Thorvalsen, and all the other pastors could start posting websites talking about how people are saved by Jesus, but through them. What do you think? Inspiring?

Paul addressed that nonsense in the early church, remember what he wrote to them about them? Here it is from The Message Bible which is so vivid:

1 Corinthians 3
1-4But for right now, friends, I'm completely frustrated by your unspiritual dealings with each other and with God. You're acting like infants in relation to Christ, capable of nothing much more than nursing at the breast. Well, then, I'll nurse you since you don't seem capable of anything more. As long as you grab for what makes you feel good or makes you look important, are you really much different than a babe at the breast, content only when everything's going your way? When one of you says, "I'm on Paul's side," and another says, "I'm for Apollos," aren't you being totally infantile?

5-9Who do you think Paul is, anyway? Or Apollos, for that matter? Servants, both of us—servants who waited on you as you gradually learned to entrust your lives to our mutual Master. We each carried out our servant assignment. I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plants, but God made you grow. It's not the one who plants or the one who waters who is at the center of this process but God, who makes things grow. Planting and watering are menial servant jobs at minimum wages. What makes them worth doing is the God we are serving. You happen to be God's field in which we are working.

Paul told them that their bragging about who they follow or who brought the truth to them was immature and that they were not ready to deal with meat, they still needed baby food.....

More from Paul's letter:

1 Cor 1:
10 I have a serious concern to bring up with you, my friends, using the authority of Jesus, our Master. I'll put it as urgently as I can: You must get along with each other. You must learn to be considerate of one another, cultivating a life in common.

11-12 I bring this up because some from Chloe's family brought a most disturbing report to my attention—that you're fighting among yourselves! I'll tell you exactly what I was told: You're all picking sides, going around saying, "I'm on Paul's side," or "I'm for Apollos," or "Peter is my man," or "I'm in the Messiah group."

13-16 I ask you, "Has the Messiah been chopped up in little pieces so we can each have a relic all our own? Was Paul crucified for you? Was a single one of you baptized in Paul's name?" I was not involved with any of your baptisms—except for Crispus and Gaius—and on getting this report, I'm sure glad I wasn't. At least no one can go around saying he was baptized in my name. (Come to think of it, I also baptized Stephanas's family, but as far as I can recall, that's it.)

17 God didn't send me out to collect a following for myself, but to preach the Message of what he has done, collecting a following for him. And he didn't send me to do it with a lot of fancy rhetoric of my own, lest the powerful action at the center—Christ on the Cross—be trivialized into mere words.

Paul was clear, its not about us, its about Christ..... seems the powers that be at 3abn have no clue about that fact...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 20 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #63

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 19 2007, 11:25 PM) *
Really trying or just reading here and then rethinking what they are doing. We have been a light to them but only in the PR department. They do not seem interested in really changing anything but the public image in order to keep the money flowing.

Public Relations? I thought it was Pilates : bending, stretching, and twisting everything to the degree necessary.

Rats! Based on what Clay just said, I guess it's back to the drawing table. And I had such big plans, too......

www.Saved-Thru-Pilates.com

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Jul 20 2007, 06:33 AM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 20 2007, 06:34 AM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Jul 20 2007, 05:57 AM) *
Public Relations? I thought it was Pilates : bending, stretching, and twisting everything to the degree necessary.

Rats! Based on what Clay just said, I guess it's back to the drawing table. And I had such big plans, too......

www.Saved-By-Jesus-Thru-Joseph-Pilates.com
roflmao.gif

Very funny.....now I get the picture. Pilates it is!!

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 20 2007, 06:48 AM
Post #65

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Clay)
Paul addressed that nonsense in the early church, remember what he wrote to them about them? Here it is from The Message Bible which is so vivid:

1 Corinthians 3

Paul told them that their bragging about who they follow or who brought the truth to them was immature and that they were not ready to deal with meat, they still needed baby food.....

More from Paul's letter:

1 Cor 1:

Paul was clear, its not about us, its about Christ..... seems the powers that be at 3abn have no clue about that fact...

Good post...no, GREAT post. You know, sometimes the bible is so clear...there can only be one reason why 3abn doesn't get it.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 20 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jul 20 2007, 05:48 AM) *
Good post...no, GREAT post. You know, sometimes the bible is so clear...there can only be one reason why 3abn doesn't get it.

wallbash.gif would be nice that one day they do get it.... sigh
JMHO
Rosyroi

This post has been edited by Rosyroi: Jul 20 2007, 10:53 AM

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 20 2007, 01:45 PM
Post #67

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(Rosyroi)
wallbash.gif would be nice that one day they do get it.... sigh
JMHO

What's sad is that they probably do get it. I know, I know, it's not a nice picture. It's just not likely that a do-gooder organization could get that far and not realize the impression they're creating. I'm guessing that everything at 3abn is calculated. We probably can't imagine the details of television appearance, and influence, that are discussed to draw in viewers and supporters.

Those who know Christ know the difference.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 21 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 19 2007, 08:36 PM) *
The graphic at the top of http://www.SavedThru3ABN.org/ presently says "Saved by Jesus Through 3ABN." Did it use to read differently? If so, anyone have a copy of the previous version?

When I watched 3ABN for a short while today they were still advertising the SavedThru3ABN.org site. Either they were using old footage or just havn't aught on yet.

What can we expect from 3ABN? Seems like they are doing themselves a lot more damage than what they accuse others of doing to them. There would even be more sense in them suing themselves than others.

We are still dealing with serious spiritual matters. This is a matter of eternal life and death for multitudes. Let us pray earnestly that truth will prevail at 3ABN, that God will bring true spiritual leadership to this important institution who knows the first fundamentals of saving Christian Faith. This is what is sorely needed as the end of all things draweth nigh in the history of this world.

Time is short. What is needed now is decided action, courageous action, to save also 3ABN from the woes of the enemy of truth, that the Church will not be lead astray just now.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 21 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 21 2007, 01:02 PM) *
When I watched 3ABN for a short while today they were still advertising the SavedThru3ABN.org site. Either they were using old footage or just havn't aught on yet.

What can we expect from 3ABN? Seems like they are doing themselves a lot more damage than what they accuse others of doing to them. There would even be more sense in them suing themselves than others.

We are still dealing with serious spiritual matters. This is a matter of eternal life and death for multitudes. Let us pray earnestly that truth will prevail at 3ABN, that God will bring true spiritual leadership to this important institution who knows the first fundamentals of saving Christian Faith. This is what is sorely needed as the end of all things draweth nigh in the history of this world.

Time is short. What is needed now is decided action, courageous action, to save also 3ABN from the woes of the enemy of truth, that the Church will not be lead astray just now.

From what I saw on 3abn yesterday, they were not only mentioning savedthru3abn but heavily promoting it. However, there was an extensive explanation by the person doing the promoting that the wonderful things descibed on the site were all accomplished through Jesus.

On the 3abn website also, savedthru3abn is prominantly featured as the new thing to see and experience.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 21 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 21 2007, 10:31 PM) *
From what I saw on 3abn yesterday, they were not only mentioning savedthru3abn but heavily promoting it. However, there was an extensive explanation by the person doing the promoting that the wonderful things descibed on the site were all accomplished through Jesus.

On the 3abn website also, savedthru3abn is prominantly featured as the new thing to see and experience.

We need to keep a watch on what they are doing, and expose it.

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 28 2007, 01:36 PM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 21 2007, 01:41 PM) *
We need to keep a watch on what they are doing, and expose it.

Some people can only steel and copy and morph to get other peoples attention.
My apologies if someone has already pointed this out - we just discovered it today, for we don't visit the 3abn website very often.

Follow this through:

This is the "site" page at 3abn, where a curious and searching person can get information (for whatever reason)

http://www.3abn.org/site_map.cfm

If you go on down the list of "links", you will see one that says "SAVE 3ABN"
and of course, as people are hearing about the website "Save 3abn" they will assume this must be that informative website. NOPE.

When you click on it, it takes you here:
http://www.3abn.org/save_3abn.cfm

Which of course is not suppose to be about SAVING 3abn, but a "christian walk"...hmm, sounds good..."click here"....
http://www.savedthru3abn.org/

Which I believe has had a slight name change at least at the top of the page (correct me if I'm wrong, I don't recall the "Jesus" part before), but still says it all in the website name (jmo).

Tricky tricky scratchchin.gif (or deceiving?)

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 28 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #72

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

I'm not going to read this thread but I am hoping that somewhere in those 5 pages someone pointed out that 3ABN cannot do over what the Creator has already done. They may bring people to a knowledge of the Savior but they cannot save anyone nor be the channel of anyone's salvation.

+Quote Post
princessdi
post Aug 28 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #73

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 47

Several times, but mostly trying to understand them making the claim in the first place.
QUOTE(Statrei @ Aug 28 2007, 12:51 PM) *
I'm not going to read this thread but I am hoping that somewhere in those 5 pages someone pointed out that 3ABN cannot do over what the Creator has already done. They may bring people to a knowledge of the Savior but they cannot save anyone nor be the channel of anyone's salvation.

--------------------
TTFN
Di

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose---Romans 8:28

A great many people believe they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.-- William James

It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.- Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Statrei
post Aug 28 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,919

QUOTE(Johann @ Jul 21 2007, 04:02 PM) *
We are still dealing with serious spiritual matters. This is a matter of eternal life and death for multitudes.

Let's not get melodramatic and swing too far to the other side in the process.

This post has been edited by Statrei: Aug 28 2007, 02:05 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 29 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Statrei @ Aug 28 2007, 01:04 PM) *
Let's not get melodramatic and swing too far to the other side in the process.

I will have to object to the denigrating term of melodrama to characterize these important issues.

As Johann has stated, these are serious spiritual matters.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 02:06 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church