Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14131&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:10 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Is Blessing Danny Shelton Abroad..., blessing him to "received a celebrity welcome!"
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #61

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 15 2007, 11:33 AM) *
Pickle, evidence seems to indicate that the media may not be interested because corruption involving televangelists and church organizations in general is taken for granted these days.

Picketing 3abn might get SDA church leaders' attention, however.

They were interested in covering the story of Ted Haggard, right? Does politics have to be mixed in, or gay "rights" issues?

Hmm. Has Tommy or Danny or 3ABN ever taken a stand against gay "rights"?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 08:46 AM) *
They were interested in covering the story of Ted Haggard, right? Does politics have to be mixed in, or gay "rights" issues?

Hmm. Has Tommy or Danny or 3ABN ever taken a stand against gay "rights"?

It seems that the organization or the person must be sufficiently well-known to the public.

I have it on some good authority that the SDA church and 3abn do not meet that criteria.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jul 15 2007, 10:04 AM) *
It appears to me that you are recommending this course of action Bob. Is this going out on your extensive mailing list as a suggested course of action?

-bear

I have heard others suggest such a thing but let me comment here.........I have been horrified with the idea of the media getting involved. I have prayed that it DS would step down and 3abn could be saved without a word outside our doors. I have prayed that somehow ASI or the church leaders could stand up and take charge but then.......

along came the AF possible merger with Pastor Doug almost hugging DS...I heard a prominant evangelist get on 3abn and downplay it all...."lies".....the law suit comes alone stating the outrageous...."non-denominational...not supported" by our church....the suit was impounded to avoid an open forum....all we can see is a bolder than ever DS signing bibles and threats of CEASE if you cross this powerful televangelist.

How can we be effective and what can we do? I read someone's post (not sure who said it) where he/she said the media would be contacted if he/she got a CEASE letter. That is probably what I would do too. I am not going to bow down to mafia tactics. So who else wants to hold a picket sign?

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 11:17 AM
Post #64

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Bob,

Is it naive of me to trust that if and when God wants this mess public He will move on the media to make it so?

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Understand, I am NOT recommending picket signs, but merely stating a fact about how the media tends to work.

On the outskirts of a town of 266 people sits a bar which two folks from the cities far away bought and were converting it into a strip club. What broke the news to the community was a positive-sounding story in the local paper out of the town of 622 just 7 miles or so south of there.

Some fellow read that story and told his wife, "I'm sounding off!" But he didn't know that the reporter wrote that story not because they were in favor of the club but to inform and hopefully to get someone to comment. And he also didn't know that the newspapers and TV stations and radio stations were just waiting to read someone's letter to the editor so they would know who to swoop down to interview.

And thus, that fellow ended up on TV, radio, and in the papers, multiple times. But it was a little awkward when the WDAY reporter came to the door to announce his presence before FOX News was done with their interview. The FOX folks wished he had waited till they were done and out.

Much later a non-Adventist physician contacted us and asked, "Would your church like to host some folks from Pitcairn Island giving a presentation?" Of course! Call all the papers and stations, tell them about it, and they ended up on at least one TV station and one radio talk show, and the church's name got out there in a positive way, along with the old Mutiny on the Bounty tale.

Maybe some folks saw that priest-like fellow at the GC session, Church of God (Anderson) minister Gene Amondson who goes around promoting temperance and giving an excerpt of Billy Sunday's sermon against booze. He speaks for school and college groups as well as churches. He also dresses up as the Grim Reaper and walks in front of Wal-Mart's, and that gets the media out too, as well as the police. (The police didn't mind, but Gene's sickle did freak the one cop out a bit.)

And when Dr. Mary Ann McNeilus was here last November giving a Bird Flu Seminar, we got newspaper and TV publicity out of that one too. The key is to call them all, and then a few may come. It only takes one to make a media event a success.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #66

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 15 2007, 12:17 PM) *
Bob,

Is it naive of me to trust that if and when God wants this mess public He will move on the media to make it so?

PB

I don't think that is naive at all.

But I also catch glimpses of what is on the horizon, and I don't like the type of media attention that I personally think Adventists might get at that point. And I am concerned about that. And I'm wondering what might be done now to avoid what might come later.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 09:28 AM) *
But I also catch glimpses of what is on the horizon, and I don't like the type of media attention that I personally think Adventists might get at that point. And I am concerned about that. And I'm wondering what might be done now to avoid what might come later.

Not quite sure I understand...are we advocating putting on a PR campaign and calling in the media to expose 3abn leadership for what it is (and maybe the SDA church along with it) or...Not???

(I'm very frustrated also!)

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jul 15 2007, 11:52 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Interesting. RemnantRally.com was registered on June 19, 2007, SavedThru3ABN.org on June 21, 2007, 3ABNRemnantRally.com on July 11, 2007.

3ABNRemnantRally.com is merely a frame for RemnantRally.com. So the former is a new effort to promote 3ABN.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 09:52 AM) *
Interesting. RemnantRally.com was registered on June 19, 2007, SavedThru3ABN.org on June 21, 2007, 3ABNRemnantRally.com on July 11, 2007.

3ABNRemnantRally.com is merely a frame for RemnantRally.com. So the former is a new effort to promote 3ABN.

Very interesting!

+Quote Post
pacunurse30
post Jul 15 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,742

QUOTE(LaurenceD @ Jul 12 2007, 10:38 AM) *
He may have had no choice.

It could have been even scarier if he'd redirected the glory to God...all dressed up in the longhorn blazer, with bodyguards, a jet plane, the moneybags of Carnegie, his personal TV and makeup crew, and new wifey by his side.

If 3abn is really responsible for the rapid increase of church membership, what's this really say about us?

I don't think this is true, but then again I really don't have first hand knowledge of what's going on in Adventism around the globe. I can only speak for what's going on locally in my area, and I can say that 3ABN is not instrumental in those evengelistic efforts. We're still trying to do it the old way. Go out into the highways and byways.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 10:28 AM) *
I don't think that is naive at all.

My gut reaction, Bob, is to say keep doing what we are doing right now and show the future media coverage that it was not going unconfronted! Keep track of those GC leaders who have fought the status quo and stood up for right so they can see it wasn't a complete cover-up by the church at large. And, for those of you who are so burdened, speak out and contact the media, wave a sign, email leadership, whatever you feel inspired to do. IOW, you've each got a heart, follow what it says!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
pacunurse30
post Jul 15 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,742

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 15 2007, 08:44 AM) *
I so totally agree with you Sherwin! Maybe if we spread the word and start promoting Hope TV and other CHURCH-afiliated broadcasting we can make a difference. Pretty scarey to think of all the monies going into a non-denominational coffer. ohmy.gif fear.gif

I have a serious problem with organizations that present themselves as non-denominational, but have very strong ties to a larger denominational body. There are a number of SDA ministries that do this. I mentioned a few months ago that a church here in the DC area has an afternoon program that is promoted as non-denominational. It's almost as if they are a church that happens to meet in an SDA sanctuary. They really try to deny any affiliation with the denomination. The problem with all of this is, it's not true! The motives behind these claims are deceptive, and they will not work. People aren't stupid. They are trying to get people to accept the message bit by bit while pulling the wool over their eyes. This method is not of God, and I ain't afraid to say it.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 15 2007, 09:59 AM) *
My gut reaction, Bob, is to say keep doing what we are doing right now and show the future media coverage that it was not going unconfronted! Keep track of those GC leaders who have fought the status quo and stood up for right so they can see it wasn't a complete cover-up by the church at large. And, for those of you who are so burdened, speak out and contact the media, wave a sign, email leadership, whatever you feel inspired to do. IOW, you've each got a heart, follow what it says!

Keep track of those GC leaders...who are they? (I don't know what their names are.)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #74

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 15 2007, 11:16 AM) *
Keep track of those GC leaders...who are they? (I don't know what their names are.)

Artiste,

Some are being mentioned from time to time, Bob and Gailon are most likely aware of who many of them are, and we members can email leaders to find out where they stand. Amazingly, many will answer those emails!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 15 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Amen. IMHO we drive off more people by being deceptive than if we were up front. No one likes being deceived.

Richard

QUOTE(pacunurse30 @ Jul 15 2007, 02:04 PM) *
I have a serious problem with organizations that present themselves as non-denominational, but have very strong ties to a larger denominational body. There are a number of SDA ministries that do this. I mentioned a few months ago that a church here in the DC area has an afternoon program that is promoted as non-denominational. It's almost as if they are a church that happens to meet in an SDA sanctuary. They really try to deny any affiliation with the denomination. The problem with all of this is, it's not true! The motives behind these claims are deceptive, and they will not work. People aren't stupid. They are trying to get people to accept the message bit by bit while pulling the wool over their eyes. This method is not of God, and I ain't afraid to say it.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church