Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14131&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:05 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Is Blessing Danny Shelton Abroad..., blessing him to "received a celebrity welcome!"
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 14 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,231

I believe my grandmother had a Bible signed by HMS Richards, but it could have been one of those VOP study Bibles.

QUOTE(Delford @ Jul 14 2007, 10:44 AM) *
Well, about 40 years ago I attended evangelistic meetings by Elder Delafield, a SDA evangelist, and he signed my Bible that I earned from going to the meetings. He signed lots of Bibles.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Jul 14 2007, 09:24 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Delford @ Jul 14 2007, 09:44 AM) *
Well, about 40 years ago I attended evangelistic meetings by Elder Delafield, a SDA evangelist, and he signed my Bible that I earned from going to the meetings. He signed lots of Bibles.

Inscriptions acknowledging an important event -- such as baptism -- are a bit different when they accompany a Bible originating from the pastor with whom you have established a relationship.

Yes, if HMS Richards or another gives you a Voice of Prophecy Study Bible, or something similar, they might acknowledge the source of that book with some sort of inscription.

The following is one of the favorite messages I once received:

"As the compass to the North Pole the Bible points to heaven."

God Bless,

(name of person here)

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 14 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #33

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Well, I wonder what Danny wrote in his "fans'" Bibles? Perhaps it was a tactful and appropriate message as with these other examples we are being given. Perhaps someone could find out. Where is steffan when one needs him? Oh, that's right...

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 14 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #34

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

All these defenders of Danny keep getting the boot. We need them here because they keep supporting his critics points. smile.gif

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 14 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 14 2007, 09:02 AM) *
All these defenders of Danny keep getting the boot. We need them here because they keep supporting his critics points. smile.gif

This is true Richard. Good point.

Maybe one of these days, some of these "defenders" will get that to be here, you have to play nice. Some lessons are hard to learn. We can be stubborn humans at times, can't we?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jul 14 2007, 11:59 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 14 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 12:40 PM) *
This is true Richard. Good point.

Maybe one of these days, some of these "defenders" will get that to be here, you have to play nice. Some lessons are hard to learn. We can be stubborn humans at times, can't we?

Someone at 3ABN is reading every word that is posted here. He finds our comments so damaging he has to do damage control.

At 1:00 AM I watched 3ABN Today for today's program.

I learned this:
  • Remnant Publishing owner, Dwight, was on the program. He has a project to raise money for Bibles to send to the Missions fields in Africa. The Bibles cost $2.00 for the Bible plus shipment. Not a bad price at all!
  • This is a Remnant Publishing Project.
  • 3ABN is going to hold a Rally to raise money for these Bibles. The goal is 4,000,000 copies.
  • The new name for this united front will be http://www.3ABNRemnantrally.com. There is also http://www.yourbiblesaves.com for giving Bibles.
  • Remnant was the keyword of the night. Not just Remnant Publications.
  • Danny is writing a new book titled "The Church Rumor Mill". It will be hot off the press and free to everyone at the rally.
  • 3ABN is not Danny's but every body's.
  • Jesus is the savior, not 3ABN or Remnant. Jesus saves souls.
  • The website has "3ABNremnant" in it. (This is a Remnant Publication Project, by the way)
  • Everyone should be mission minded.
  • He spoke of all his "fan" that knew him from seeing him on TV.
  • People stopped him in the streets saying they knew him from Shelly and his book.
  • Danny's last book was $.99. Now, was that printing costs? Retail cost? What did 3ABN pay for the books?

I noticed that he commented on everything being discussed here.

Later I watched Steve Wohlberg and listed to his series called, "The Antichrist Chronicles". It was about "The man of Perdition". He talked extensively about Judas being called, chosen, used to save souls, yet he let Satan in his heart and betrayed Jesus in the end. He went on to say that before Jesus appears there will be another man of perdition right in our midst. His power will be great. The very elect with be following after him.

That message was right on.

I also listened to David Ashrick (wrong spelling, sorry). He spoke the most beautiful message about how much God loves us and brought home the reality of just how much he loves us. I was very moved and now can better understand the Great Sacrifice made for me.

After that was a rerun of Doug B preaching about the 7th commandment. Does anyone at 3ABN listen to God's messages that are aired on their network?

Yes, it is frightening.

I also discovered that I did not loose KSBN. Somebody has unhooked my SkyAngel Satellite from the switch box, outside my house. Nice huh. I lost all of SkyAngel, but continued to get 3ABN because it is on the Dish lineup. When it rains it pours.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 14 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 02:54 PM) *
Someone at 3ABN is reading every word that is posted here. He finds our comments so damaging he has to do damage control.

Later I watched Steve Wohlberg and listed to his series called, "The Antichrist Chronicles". It was about "The man of Perdition". He talked extensively about Judas being called, chosen, used to save souls, yet he let Satan in his heart and betrayed Jesus in the end. He went on to say that before Jesus appears there will be another man of perdition right in our midst. His power will be great. The very elect with be following after him.

Think of this.....non-denominational organization preaching a non-denominational message (the wording is clear in the law suit.....the Board Chairman confirms the non-denominational thing is TRUE and no mistake) ....traveling in a jet plane worldwide....signing Bibles...writing more books...promoting and selling them on TV with mass distribution due to the exposure...now on Dish....merging...merging....building up a powerful non-denominational WHAT? Where is this leading?

I remember some who have gone before.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 14 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #38

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 01:54 PM) *

At 1:00 AM I watched 3ABN Today for today's program.

I learned this:
  • Remnant Publishing owner, Dwight, was on the program. He has a project to raise money for Bibles to send to the Missions fields in Africa. The Bibles cost $2.00 for the Bible plus shipment. Not a bad price at all!
  • This is a Remnant Publishing Project.
  • 3ABN is going to hold a Rally to raise money for these Bibles. The goal is 4,000,000 copies.
  • The new name for this united front will be http://www.3ABNRemnantrally.com. There is also http://www.yourbiblesaves.com for giving Bibles.
  • Remnant was the keyword of the night. Not just Remnant Publications.
  • Danny is writing a new book titled "The Church Rumor Mill". It will be hot off the press and free to everyone at the rally.
  • 3ABN is not Danny's but every body's.
  • Jesus is the savior, not 3ABN or Remnant. Jesus saves souls.
  • The website has "3ABNremnant" in it. (This is a Remnant Publication Project, by the way)
  • Everyone should be mission minded.
  • He spoke of all his "fan" that knew him from seeing him on TV.
  • People stopped him in the streets saying they knew him from Shelly and his book.
  • Danny's last book was $.99. Now, was that printing costs? Retail cost? What did 3ABN pay for the books?
I noticed that he commented on everything being discussed here.

I also listened to David Ashrick (wrong spelling, sorry). He spoke the most beautiful message about how much God loves us and brought home the reality of just how much he loves us. I was very moved and now can better understand the Great Sacrifice made for me.

After that was a rerun of Doug B preaching about the 7th commandment. Does anyone at 3ABN listen to God's messages that are aired on their network?

Yes, it is frightening.

I also discovered that I did not loose KSBN. Somebody has unhooked my SkyAngel Satellite from the switch box, outside my house. Nice huh. I lost all of SkyAngel, but continued to get 3ABN because it is on the Dish lineup. When it rains it pours.

Thanks for wonderful report. I'm glad someone can watch and get through it...I can not. Pray for me, this is a weak area for me.

Thanks for the added "humor" - it is a good thing too...always helps get the wet bread down better (childhood story, forced to eat wet bread, yuck. They told me it was milk in the bread, but I am sure it was water. I was a little trusting kid, but still smarter then they thought I was - they shouldn't have undestimated me, I learned alot from that expirence.)

DS never misses an oppertunity to "spread" the message, whatever that message might be. Is it ok to say that? lol.gif

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 14 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

Perhaps a powerful, well-funded, brand new non-denominational denomination?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 14 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #40

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 14 2007, 03:21 PM) *
Perhaps a powerful, well-funded, brand new non-denominational denomination?

Whatever fuels your jet, floats your boat, you get the idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
foofighter
post Jul 14 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,898

Dear Fran,

You mentioned the Steve Wohlberg quote "the very elect will be following after him." Matt 24:24 says, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-IF that were possible." If we are trusting God we will not be deceived. It's that simple. If we can't trust Jesus own words, whats the point of any of it? And the words should be quoted correctly. I'm not critizing you, but Wohlberg. I think that Satan is given too much power and credit over God. Satan is defeated. Once again, this is not directed at you.

+Quote Post
Brenda
post Jul 14 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,814

I hope all those Bibles in the Remnant project are going to be in the languages the people can read comfortably and not just in English

+Quote Post
TruthWave
post Jul 14 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,108

Remember when Jimmy Swaggart was caught in adultery a number of years ago? What did he do soon after? Swaggart went to Africa and played his piano and preached to huge crowds. It would seem that since Danny Shelton knows that US SDAs is very well connected via the internet as compared to the rest of the world of Adventism, that travelling outside the USA at this time would make sense when it comes to fundraising and pumping up his tarnished reputation. It is sad to think of the masses of poor SDAs overseas who would be giving to Danny Shelton's empire so that he could be "living large" on the "widow's mit".

+Quote Post
Fran
post Jul 14 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #44

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 529

QUOTE(foofighter @ Jul 14 2007, 05:31 PM) *
Dear Fran,

You mentioned the Steve Wohlberg quote "the very elect will be following after him." Matt 24:24 says, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect-IF that were possible." If we are trusting God we will not be deceived. It's that simple. If we can't trust Jesus own words, whats the point of any of it? And the words should be quoted correctly. I'm not criticizing you, but Wohlberg. I think that Satan is given too much power and credit over God. Satan is defeated. Once again, this is not directed at you.

No offence taken at all. The misquote is mine, I am sure! Steve read it straight from the word. I missed that if! However, I do believe many hear a message and follow everything that person says as gospel, and won't budge from that position. I accept all responsibility for my miscommunication. Sorry for the misquote. I agree with Steve about Satan being alive and well. He is defeated, yes, but he still is working to destroy as many of God's children as he can. Otherwise there would be no one lost. There would be no need for a judgement.

If you offer a child a $1,000 bill and a shiny, glittery ball that bounces, which will they choose? Sometimes the choices we make are sensible and logical, but unless we look hard, and very hard, we could be that one that gets deceived. I have been there. I chose wrong with the best of intentions. I thought I was right. I had to get really, really hurt to see the error of my ways.

I have someone I love very much that believes the sun, moon and stars all hang on Danny Shelton. This person who loves me too, but refuses to associate with me any longer because I am telling lies about those court documents! She will not listen to anyone about even the possibility that there might be something there. I have been condemned to hell for trying to destroy God's chosen one. This person loves Jesus with all her heart. However, her views and beliefs are changing. She is now against the church for "Mistreating" God's chosen.

The other day she brought me some tomatoes. I love her for her kindnesses shown to me. She refused to come in because she was "too busy". I called out to her, as I always do, "Thank you. I love you." She paused, looked at me with sad eyes, and stuttered, "You are welcome." She hesitated, looking at me with sad eyes and her mouth open, but turned and walked away. She has always said, "I love you too." I cried for quite a while. I love her more than I can tell. The Holy Spirit will have to open her eyes. I keep praying for that.

With all that is happening, it is my prayer that many will have their eyes opened. I pray this in love for my brothers and sisters. I am so thankful God has been dealing with Danny so far in love. I am praying that he will give in to the Holy Spirits leading and see what is the truth about himself. I say this in love for his soul.

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
Seraphim7
post Jul 14 2007, 06:22 PM
Post #45

Heiress Josey
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 6

QUOTE(TruthWave @ Jul 14 2007, 07:08 PM) *
Remember when Jimmy Swaggart was caught in adultery a number of years ago? What did he do soon after? Swaggart went to Africa and played his piano and preached to huge crowds. It would seem that since Danny Shelton knows that US SDAs is very well connected via the internet as compared to the rest of the world of Adventism, that travelling outside the USA at this time would make sense when it comes to fundraising and pumping up his tarnished reputation. It is sad to think of the masses of poor SDAs overseas who would be giving to Danny Shelton's empire so that he could be "living large" on the "widow's mit".

Sad

--------------------
WELCOME to BlackSDA from seraph|m, a BSDA Charter member.
Please Join us in The Married Forum and/or Sabbath School Lesson Study forums.

Then, come join us here, Live Chat Lesson Study ,for our Friday night study @ 8pm CST/9pm EST. The lesson can be found at Sabbath School Network (SSNET)

Motto- "Weapons of Mass Distraction, Have No Place Here. " "Qui tacet consentire videtur,"
Are not official staff mottos and are not endorsed by BSDA Management.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church