Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14131&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:29:09 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> God Is Blessing Danny Shelton Abroad..., blessing him to "received a celebrity welcome!"
lurker
post Jul 14 2007, 06:42 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 676

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 05:23 PM) *
No offence taken at all. The misquote is mine, I am sure! Steve read it straight from the word. I missed that if! However, I do believe many hear a message and follow everything that person says as gospel, and won't budge from that position. I accept all responsibility for my miscommunication. Sorry for the misquote. I agree with Steve about Satan being alive and well. He is defeated, yes, but he still is working to destroy as many of God's children as he can. Otherwise there would be no one lost. There would be no need for a judgement.

If you offer a child a $1,000 bill and a shiny, glittery ball that bounces, which will they choose? Sometimes the choices we make are sensible and logical, but unless we look hard, and very hard, we could be that one that gets deceived. I have been there. I chose wrong with the best of intentions. I thought I was right. I had to get really, really hurt to see the error of my ways.

I have someone I love very much that believes the sun, moon and stars all hang on Danny Shelton. This person who loves me too, but refuses to associate with me any longer because I am telling lies about those court documents! She will not listen to anyone about even the possibility that there might be something there. I have been condemned to hell for trying to destroy God's chosen one. This person loves Jesus with all her heart. However, her views and beliefs are changing. She is now against the church for "Mistreating" God's chosen.

The other day she brought me some tomatoes. I love her for her kindnesses shown to me. She refused to come in because she was "too busy". I called out to her, as I always do, "Thank you. I love you." She paused, looked at me with sad eyes, and stuttered, "You are welcome." She hesitated, looking at me with sad eyes and her mouth open, but turned and walked away. She has always said, "I love you too." I cried for quite a while. I love her more than I can tell. The Holy Spirit will have to open her eyes. I keep praying for that.

With all that is happening, it is my prayer that many will have their eyes opened. I pray this in love for my brothers and sisters. I am so thankful God has been dealing with Danny so far in love. I am praying that he will give in to the Holy Spirits leading and see what is the truth about himself. I say this in love for his soul.

I recently read an article about older folks who had been and were being scammed by con artists on the phone. The con artists kept calling them back and asking for and getting more money. One of the tactics the con artists used was talking bad about the victim's family and putting doubts in their minds about the motives of anyone who tried to intervene.

The cons make the person being scammed feel important and needed. They build a "relationship" with the victim.

The children were trying to protect the parents who were losing all their assets. The parents were accusing the children or anyone else who tried to talk sense into them of being the "bad guys". If they listened, they would have to admit they had been taken.

This post has been edited by lurker: Jul 14 2007, 06:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 14 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

It really sad that Danny has become so much of a cult like figure that he can split up church members. Like I've said several times on these boards and someone alluded to today, if Danny wished to he could start his own church right now with a ready made membership of hundreds of thousands world wide. It could be called the Satellite Church of God Danny.

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 07:23 PM) *
No offence taken at all. The misquote is mine, I am sure! Steve read it straight from the word. I missed that if! However, I do believe many hear a message and follow everything that person says as gospel, and won't budge from that position. I accept all responsibility for my miscommunication. Sorry for the misquote. I agree with Steve about Satan being alive and well. He is defeated, yes, but he still is working to destroy as many of God's children as he can. Otherwise there would be no one lost. There would be no need for a judgement.

If you offer a child a $1,000 bill and a shiny, glittery ball that bounces, which will they choose? Sometimes the choices we make are sensible and logical, but unless we look hard, and very hard, we could be that one that gets deceived. I have been there. I chose wrong with the best of intentions. I thought I was right. I had to get really, really hurt to see the error of my ways.

I have someone I love very much that believes the sun, moon and stars all hang on Danny Shelton. This person who loves me too, but refuses to associate with me any longer because I am telling lies about those court documents! She will not listen to anyone about even the possibility that there might be something there. I have been condemned to hell for trying to destroy God's chosen one. This person loves Jesus with all her heart. However, her views and beliefs are changing. She is now against the church for "Mistreating" God's chosen.

The other day she brought me some tomatoes. I love her for her kindnesses shown to me. She refused to come in because she was "too busy". I called out to her, as I always do, "Thank you. I love you." She paused, looked at me with sad eyes, and stuttered, "You are welcome." She hesitated, looking at me with sad eyes and her mouth open, but turned and walked away. She has always said, "I love you too." I cried for quite a while. I love her more than I can tell. The Holy Spirit will have to open her eyes. I keep praying for that.

With all that is happening, it is my prayer that many will have their eyes opened. I pray this in love for my brothers and sisters. I am so thankful God has been dealing with Danny so far in love. I am praying that he will give in to the Holy Spirits leading and see what is the truth about himself. I say this in love for his soul.

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 14 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #48

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 14 2007, 05:50 PM) *
It really sad that Danny has become so much of a cult like figure that he can split up church members. Like I've said several times on these boards and someone alluded to today, if Danny wished to he could start his own church right now with a ready made membership of hundreds of thousands world wide. It could be called the Satellite Church of God Danny.

In my 'freedom of speech opinion', I see that the "base" of believers DS has left is probalby ready to make that leap, I think they may have already done so in their minds, subconsciencously, as they may have been being prepared for a long time?

Could it be, at this appointed time, as it's really beginning to show how those we know are being forced to have to deal with this situation, are indeed "choosing" who they will "follow"? (emphasis on "who") whether it's the SDA orgainization or DS,( as they seem to have to "follow" someone/something) - has there has been some kind of something going on subtly in the background that is bringing this to a type of creshendo?

When I look at the big picture, it can really bring me down to earth, seeing just what Satan is bringing about in front of my eyes. Of course, it could just be what I see....who knows. uhm.gif

Actually, God knows. Thank Heavens.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Jul 14 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #49

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 09:29 PM) *
In my 'freedom of speech opinion', I see that the "base" of believers DS has left is probalby ready to make that leap, I think they may have already done so in their minds, subconsciencously, as they may have been being prepared for a long time?

Could it be, at this appointed time, as it's really beginning to show how those we know are being forced to have to deal with this situation, are indeed "choosing" who they will "follow"? (emphasis on "who") whether it's the SDA orgainization or DS,( as they seem to have to "follow" someone/something) - has there has been some kind of something going on subtly in the background that is bringing this to a type of creshendo?

When I look at the big picture, it can really bring me down to earth, seeing just what Satan is bringing about in front of my eyes. Of course, it could just be what I see....who knows. uhm.gif

You are not alone in what you see.

+Quote Post
mikell
post Jul 14 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(Brenda @ Jul 14 2007, 04:42 PM) *
I hope all those Bibles in the Remnant project are going to be in the languages the people can read comfortably and not just in English

we can be sure Danny's signtures in them will be in English, smile.gif

This post has been edited by mikell: Jul 14 2007, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 14 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #51

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 02:54 PM) *
  • Remnant Publishing owner, Dwight, was on the program. He has a project to raise money for Bibles to send to the Missions fields in Africa. The Bibles cost $2.00 for the Bible plus shipment. Not a bad price at all!

I hope they know what they're doing. I know about one church that was sending Bibles to Africa and then found out they were being sold on the DL at quite a profit ...

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 14 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 14 2007, 09:02 PM) *
I hope they know what they're doing. I know about one church that was sending Bibles to Africa and then found out they were being sold on the DL at quite a profit ...

Fortunately, wherever the Bibles end up someone will be blessed. Perhaps those that sell them on the DL will do so for money to buy food for their families and not something less useful. 4 million of them just might boost some local economies. Just some thoughts.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 15 2007, 06:05 AM
Post #53

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

When I heard some time ago that there were those who had quit giving to their local church and were sending all their monies, tithes and offerings, to 3abn, it made me take notice. Here is a man who has more power than our church in many ways. He is a control freak who controls his board, his family, his private network, his followers and now he is trying to control his critics vis the US courts. He is the most well known SDA in the world today I'd say. Lots of power in one person who has the means to split the church. Seems a bit dangerous. JMHO.

Richard

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 09:29 PM) *

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 06:39 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Fran @ Jul 14 2007, 05:23 PM) *

Fran, I am sorry for friends misunderstanding you and not being able to see past the images in their minds regarding DS and 3ABN. It has been and still is somewhat hard to grasp how all this could have happened. The truth will continue to come out. Pray that all will have their eyes open to see it and also see the danger of following any man but Jesus.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Richard Sherwin @ Jul 15 2007, 06:05 AM) *
When I heard some time ago that there were those who had quit giving to their local church and were sending all their monies, tithes and offerings, to 3abn, it made me take notice. Here is a man who has more power than our church in many ways. He is a control freak who controls his board, his family, his private network, his followers and now he is trying to control his critics vis the US courts. He is the most well known SDA in the world today I'd say. Lots of power in one person who has the means to split the church. Seems a bit dangerous. JMHO.

Richard

I so totally agree with you Sherwin! Maybe if we spread the word and start promoting Hope TV and other CHURCH-afiliated broadcasting we can make a difference. Pretty scarey to think of all the monies going into a non-denominational coffer. ohmy.gif fear.gif

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #56

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

http://remnantrally.com/mambo/index.php?op...6&Itemid=39

Rather brazen and in your face, wouldn't you say?

When will enough be enough?

Someone called me the other day and told me they were fed up with the whole thing, and they were contemplating picketing 3ABN.

Then it hit me. Over the course of this saga this one and that one has told me they have contacted the media, but the media hasn't had an interest in carrying the story yet, and personally, I've been glad for that. I want to see this all resolved as quietly as possible, but obviously, I'm not in charge and my wishes aren't considered by those in power.

When Bush came to Fargo, folks that had opposed him or Republicans in the past couldn't attend his speech. They didn't like being barred like that, and someone organized a protest. There wasn't a huge, huge crowd of them, and some of their picket signs were off the wall, but there were a number of them, and they had signs, and they had a bull horn. And they used it. And the media was there.

So if Danny continues these brazen, in-your-face responses to serious allegations and honest questions, some of the concerned may one day actually organize a protest. At least 5 people? That should get in the news. 20 definitely would, in my opinion. And it would be so easy for those involved in the protest to hand each reporter a packet of courthouse and IRS documents, as well as letters from Tommy himself, his alleged victims, their families, and an eye witness.

Imagine a crowd chanting behind someone with a bullhorn,

"DANNY, KEEP THE 10 COMMANDMENTS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"DANNY, GIVE BACK THE MONEY!"

And regarding Danny's June 25, 2004, Guam divorce, final just 11 days after signing papers in West Frankfort, IL, on June 14, filed by Danny, not Linda, filed on grounds of irreconcilable differences, not adultery, and made extra quick on the legal grounds that it was impossible to reconcile, even though Danny repeatedly afterwards talked about reconciling:

"DANNY, WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE?!"

I'd hate to see anything like the above happen. None of us would want anything like that to happen to us. If it happened to me, I'd want to crawl into a hole and hide.

But the fact of the matter is that in the U.S. we have a constitutionally-protected right to assemble and exercise our right of free speech, and Danny and cronies need to consider the possibility that at some point, someone might exercise that right, at one of his brazen, in-your-face rallies, regardless of how many cease and desist letters they send out, regardless of how many people they sue.

This post has been edited by Pickle: Jul 15 2007, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Jul 15 2007, 10:04 AM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 10:48 AM) *
http://www.3abnremnantrally.com/

Rather brazen and in your face, wouldn't you say?

When will enough be enough?

Someone called me the other day and told me they were fed up with the whole thing, and they were contemplating picketing 3ABN.

Then it hit me. Over the course of this saga this one and that one has told me they have contacted the media, but the media hasn't had an interest in carrying the story yet, and personally, I've been glad for that. I want to see this all resolved as quietly as possible, but obviously, I'm not in charge and my wishes aren't considered by those in power.

When Bush came to Fargo, folks that had opposed him or Republicans in the past couldn't attend his speech. They didn't like being barred like that, and someone organized a protest. There wasn't a huge, huge crowd of them, and some of their picket signs were off the wall, but there were a number of them, and they had signs, and they had a bull horn. And they used it. And the media was there.

So if Danny continues these brazen, in-your-face responses to serious allegations and honest questions, some of the concerned may one day actually organize a protest. At least 5 people? That should get in the news. 20 definitely would, in my opinion. And it would be so easy for those involved in the protest to hand each reporter a packet of courthouse and IRS documents, as well as letters from Tommy himself, his alleged victims, their families, and an eye witness.

Imagine a crowd chanting behind someone with a bullhorn,

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"NO MORE LAWSUITS!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"BULLY, GO HOME!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"NO MORE COVER UP!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

"TOMMY, NO MORE BOYS!"

And regarding Danny's June 25, 2004, Guam divorce, final just 11 days after signing papers in West Frankfort, IL, on June 14, filed by Danny, not Linda, filed on grounds of irreconcilable differences, not adultery, and made extra quick on the legal grounds that it was impossible to reconcile, even though Danny repeatedly afterwards talked about reconciling:

I'd hate to see anything like the above happen. None of us would want anything like that to happen to us. If it happened to me, I'd want to crawl into a hole and hide.

But the fact of the matter is that in the U.S. we have a constitutionally-protected right to assemble and exercise our right of free speech, and Danny and cronies need to consider the possibility that at some point, someone might exercise that right, at one of his brazen, in-your-face rallies, regardless of how many cease and desist letters they send out, regardless of how many people they sue.

It appears to me that you are recommending this course of action Bob. Is this going out on your extensive mailing list as a suggested course of action?

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Pickle @ Jul 15 2007, 07:48 AM) *
http://www.3abnremnantrally.com/

Pickle, evidence seems to indicate that the media may not be interested because corruption involving televangelists and church organizations in general is taken for granted these days.

Picketing 3abn might get SDA church leaders' attention, however.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jul 15 2007, 10:34 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Jul 15 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #59

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(YogusBearus @ Jul 15 2007, 11:04 AM) *
It appears to me that you are recommending this course of action Bob. Is this going out on your extensive mailing list as a suggested course of action?

-bear

No, I am not recommending this, and I am not sending the idea out.

But when I see such brazen, in-your-face ploys by Danny, ploys that go totally contrary to the generally accepted (but the world and the church) ways of dealing with hideous allegations, and when I read and hear the concerns of others about Danny starting his own offshoot, I wonder, just what is the wisest way to hit this iceberg head on.

Long ago a conservative Adventist said they hoped this stuff hit the media from coast to coast. I hate the thought of that, but is that what it will take to break the hypnotic, Kellogg-like spell Danny Shelton has over so many of our people?

Or perhaps what would be better is for all of us to hit the phones and call our senators and congressman, and ask them how long it takes after documented fishy horse donations are published on the internet before the IRS comes a calling. That could be quieter but not less embarrassing.

And maybe the IRS can convince poor Walt better than the rest of us that the horse stuff is not a bunch of lies after all.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #60

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

As hard as it is to patiently face error with the truth and stand on Christian principle in how we confront this 3abn saga, it is better than calling for any mob to pick up torches and farm implements to go after Frankenstein's monster. It never worked in the movies and won't be the best of tactics in this case either, IMO.

When the time comes that a public show of support is appropriate, I will be on Hotwire as fast as my chubby little fingers can type the address to buy my ticket and fly on out there. I won't be waving any hoes, however, but looking for ways to strengthen those who need it. If that means laying down in front of a limo or telling Danny or Walt (or even Garwin himself), who PB actually is, so be it.

Until then, I just want to continue to reassure Duane and other victims that PB will be here doing whatever she can to make things right.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:29 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church