Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14167&st=15 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:31 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top Ten Amazing Facts About The Proposed Amazing Facts-3abn Merger, From: Spectrum and the Association of Adventist Forums
sonshineonme
post Jul 14 2007, 04:15 PM
Post #16

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 14 2007, 03:11 PM) *
Sure...general question.............. lol.gif tabletalk.gif

Ok, since you asked, yep. I have heard. ohmy.gif Valid source. It happend.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TruthWave
post Jul 14 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,108

QUOTE(calvin @ Jul 13 2007, 05:23 PM) *
http://www.spectrummagazine.org/onlinecomm...70712dwyer.html

When Three Angels Broadcasting network and Amazing Facts announced in April that the two organizations planned to merge, there was much speculation about who would lead the organization and what it would mean. As of June 20, there were signs that the deal was in major trouble. Or, "dead in the water," as one official described it. Here, then, are ten facts that may explain why.

Ten. Amazing Facts is not truly an independent ministry. It is a supporting ministry of the Northern California Conference and Jim Pedersen, president of the NCC, chairs the Amazing Facts board. The assets of Amazing Facts cannot be transferred without the vote of the Northern California Conference Executive Committee, which is the constituency of Amazing Facts.

Nine. A letter from General Conference President Jan Paulsen and North American President Don Schneider to Amazing Facts and 3ABN listed concerns about the planned merger.

Eight. Employee credentialing may be a major deal breaker. The denomination would most likely decline to credential the employees of 3ABN. Credentialing of employees is one thing that the Northern California Conference does for Amazing Facts.

Seven. One deal breaker for the Northern California Conference would be any suggestion of a property transfer to an entity outside the denomination.

Six. Becoming a denominational entity could negatively affect the fund-raising efforts of 3ABN.

Five. Danny Shelton’s personal and legal problems present a major liability.

Four. Doug Batchelor’s responsibilities as senior pastor of the Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church need to be clarified.

Three. Control of the 3ABN programming could be another deal breaker.

Two. The more likely merger is Amazing Facts with Weimar Institute. That merger is on track to strengthen Amazing Facts College of Evangelism, Church Empowerment, and Health Programs, rather than broadcasting.

And the number one Amazing Fact about Amazing Facts is that Doug Batchelor’s mother-in-law is his secretary. (Perhaps if Danny Shelton had hired his mother-in-law he would not have the problems he is now experiencing and talks of a merger would have remained only a dream.)

While it would seem to be a good idea to put somebody of Doug Batchelor's reputation at the helm of the ministry merger, my feeling is that it won't happen. It is hard to imagine Danny and Doug being a "two headed beast" power team at the new Amazing Facts/3ABN Corp.

If Danny Shelton would just humble himself and make things right as far as possible at this point, there is the possiblity for healing to take place, but it seems unlikely to happen with the pending lawsuits that Danny Shelton is involved in. As the old saying goes: "Satan is busy".

This post has been edited by TruthWave: Jul 14 2007, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 14 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 02:15 PM) *
Ok, since you asked, yep. I have heard. ohmy.gif Valid source. It happend.

Very interesting!

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jul 15 2007, 09:20 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 04:03 PM) *

Runner4him -- Jul 14 2007, 01:55 PM:
Have you heard that?

No, actually I haven't.

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 04:05 PM) *

Have you heard that?

No, actually I haven't.

QUOTE(sonshineonme @ Jul 14 2007, 04:05 PM) *

Have you heard that?

oops, not sure how I got double posted here..??

Yes, oops.gif
I'm not sure how you got double posted either..??

But it is rather amusing. laugh.gif

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 04:43 PM) *
sonshineonme on Jul 14 2007, 02:15 PM:
Ok, since you asked, yep. I have heard. ohmy.gif Valid source. It
happend.

Very interesting!

Yes. ohmy.gif

After reading all here for over a year now, I think it would be even more
interesting to find out how many there are actually posting here against 3ABN, and
the Sheltons. It is my opinion you are a much smaller group then you appear
to be. The valid sources, and proof for the claims and constant accusations here also seem to be in short supply.

But-- Time, and the discovery process will most likely reveal whether that is the case, or not, eh?

This post has been edited by Ian: Jul 15 2007, 09:33 AM

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Ian @ Jul 15 2007, 09:20 AM) *
interesting to find out how many there are actually posting here against 3ABN, and
to be. The valid sources, and proof for the claims and constant accusations here also seem to be in short supply.

But-- Time, and the discovery process will most likely reveal whether that is the case, or not, eh?

Think again...we are not the clones. I think they have all left for now but they will probably be back.

We are not a small group whether on this site or another or on no site. We are the ones who have been donating and now say no more because we were giving to a non-denominational organization that has leaders who seem to lack integrity & honesty, who are willing to cover up alleged abuse, who apparently use donations for a lavish life style (jet plane), who apparently believe in that you can commit one of THOU SHALT NOT 's and then publishes and promotes a book that makes others think he believes in the BIG 10.

Let the discovery begin. Sounds like more of the intimidation tactics to me. As for the small group comment..........let me remind you of all the small groups in The Word and what happened to them...........if a small group is on the side of truth and the Master then who cares what the total number might be??

This post has been edited by runner4him: Jul 15 2007, 09:50 AM

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Jul 15 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #21

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

QUOTE(Ian @ Jul 15 2007, 08:20 AM) *
No, actually I haven't.

Anytime I see someone try to MINIMIZE something that is factual, I get a stomach ache.
Call it what YOU want. It is what it is. You don't have to like it, in fact, don't read it if you don't like it.
And the discovery is well under way. Thank God.
So, yes, it will tell, EH?
"Ian", if you have been doing all this reading you say you have done for over a year now, I would think you would be a little less cynical by now and a bit more educated. Maybe not?

This post has been edited by sonshineonme: Jul 15 2007, 10:39 AM

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 15 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(runner4him @ Jul 15 2007, 07:48 AM) *
Think again...we are not the clones. I think they have all left for now but they will probably be back.

Don't you think one of them just reappeared???

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 11:02 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 15 2007, 10:46 AM) *
Don't you think one of them just reappeared???

Speak and they are here..............it is a vanishing and reappearing act. Not really new or very creative.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 11:06 AM
Post #24

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Ian @ Jul 15 2007, 08:20 AM) *
No, actually I haven't.
No, actually I haven't.
oops, not sure how I got double posted here..??
Yes, oops.gif
I'm not sure how you got double posted either..??

But it is rather amusing. laugh.gif
Very interesting!
Yes. ohmy.gif

Ian,

Welcome to BSDA! We have been expecting you and are thrilled that you are here!

And by way of further welcome, please let me advise you to play by Calvin's rules of forum decorum. Those of your predecessors never quite got the hang of that and would always end up getting banned, ususally shortly after we had finally started to get to know them a little better. We just lost, steffan, our last well-spring (albeit unauthorized) of Danny/leadership/3abn information, a few days ago and have been wondering if we were going to be graced with a replacement. Hope you are filled with lots of pertinant information and try to stick around longer than the rest. We would be grateful.

Now, regarding our actual group size. We are not few and we are surprisingly quite strong. Some, we hear, even believe we are a force to be reckoned with as can be demostrated by how often we are referenced on 3abn Today Live.

Once again, Welcome Ian. We've got some powerful truth here. Now let's see what you got.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Jul 15 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 15 2007, 11:06 AM) *
Ian,

Welcome to BSDA! We have been expecting you and are thrilled that you are here!

And by way of further welcome, please let me advise you to play by Calvin's rules of forum decorum. Those of your predecessors never quite got the hang of that and would always end up getting banned, ususally shortly after we had finally started to get to know them a little better. We just lost, steffan, our last well-spring (albeit unauthorized) of Danny/leadership/3abn information, a few days ago and have been wondering if we were going to be graced with a replacement. Hope you are filled with lots of pertinant information and try to stick around longer than the rest. We would be grateful.

Now, regarding our actual group size. We are not few and we are surprisingly quite strong. Some, we hear, even believe we are a force to be reckoned with as can be demostrated by how often we are referenced on 3abn Today Live.

Once again, Welcome Ian. We've got some powerful truth here. Now let's see what you got.

PB

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 15 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #26

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

welcome(1).gif, Ian!

I would double-emphasize PB's encouragement to abide by the rules. In fact, the more diplomatic you can be, the better off things are. Steffan's example was spectacularly bad at the end--I saw the post that got him kicked off before the mod deleted it. It was so full of a vengeful spirit, even Danny's supporters would have been appalled. I'm really glad you're here, we need both points of view--but we need them both to be respectful.

And no, this is not a little group. Would 3ABN be $3 million in the hole if we were?

Again, welcome.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 15 2007, 01:07 PM
Post #27

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Jul 15 2007, 11:50 AM) *
welcome(1).gif, Ian!

I would double-emphasize PB's encouragement to abide by the rules. In fact, the more diplomatic you can be, the better off things are. Steffan's example was spectacularly bad at the end--I saw the post that got him kicked off before the mod deleted it. It was so full of a vengeful spirit, even Danny's supporters would have been appalled. I'm really glad you're here, we need both points of view--but we need them both to be respectful.

And no, this is not a little group. Would 3ABN be $3 million in the hole if we were?

Again, welcome.gif

Calvin,

I almost wish your site code was malfunctioning again today so that SE's post could get double coverage! Well, since the site is in good running order today, I will make that happen the old fashioned way!

Both sides need to be respectful. Amen, SE!

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Jul 15 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

welcome.gif ----->Ian

Yes we do need the Danny Clones around to help us with information we need so we can keep rumors at a bay. We have some questions on other posts, please peruse the other posts and you are more then welcome to answer all the questions we need answered.

You sure wouldn't want rumors to run amock and do lot's of damage. Danny won't like it and you won't get a good bonus. You just might get replaced with another Danny Clone. So first of all please keep temper down, we need you around for a long time.

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Jul 15 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #29

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

Small group? Maybe not the biggest in the world. But small groups can have a lot of influence, I've heard of a group of 12 who went out and changed the world.

And we just may be one small group among many who caused canceling of a leased jet that Walt Thompson says will be missed. Boo hoo.

A small group that is big enough that someone felt threatened enough to take some members to court. If this group was having no impact they why the lawsuits?

Ian welcome to this small group.

Richard

+Quote Post
Ian
post Jul 15 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,103

Thank you for the welcomes, but why are you warning me about the rules and about being banned? Posting with multiple identities is against the rules here. You didn't warn find fault with or even say anything to one of your own for breaking that rule.

And if I am allowed to share my personal opinions as you all have? Then allow me to say;

You do altogether too much assuming, and wrongly at that. That appears to be your Modus operandi when dealing with, all who disagree with you, and for reporting your grievances and criticisms of 3ABN also, so I shouldn't have been suprised at your reaction and responses here, but I was.

I am not who or what you think I am, and so I am afraid you are just going to be dissapointed here. I am not going to play your games, or feed your paranoia or inflated egos. After reading all the replies and comments here, I think I will most likely stick to reading for the most part as I did before.

A word of advice:

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Eph 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Ian

Assumption: The act of taking for granted, or supposing a thing without proof; supposition; a unwarrantable claim.

"We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions." -- Stephen Covey (1932 - )

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church