Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14167&st=45 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:35 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top Ten Amazing Facts About The Proposed Amazing Facts-3abn Merger, From: Spectrum and the Association of Adventist Forums
Artiste
post Jul 19 2007, 09:17 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 19 2007, 05:31 PM) *
ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
Schneider/Paulsen Favor Continuation of Amazing Facts/3ABN Merger Talks
By Edwin A. Schwisow, AToday.com (19 July 2007)

In an hour-long interview with Adventist Today magazine, conducted yesterday (July 18), Schneider disclaimed any day-to-day involvement in the merger discussions themselves, but acknowledged that he and Jan Paulsen, General Conference president, jointly signed “a positive letter” that responded to questions directed to them by Doug Batchelor, president of Amazing Facts, and Adventist lay persons involved in the merger discussions.

Adventist lay persons...Adventist lay person...Garwin McNeilus??? [ASI=Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries]

Do you think this might be one of the keys to this "Amazing Facts" development?

Also, just wondering, have we heard of the early Christian church after Jesus' ascension referring to themselves as "first highest-ranked executive", "second highest-ranked executive" and so on?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jul 19 2007, 09:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 19 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #47

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 19 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Adventist lay persons...Adventist lay person...Garwin McNeilus??? [ASI=Adventist-laymen's Services and Industries]

Do you think this might be one of the keys to this "Amazing Facts" development?

Also, just wondering, have we heard of the early Christian church after Jesus' ascension referring to themselves as "first highest-ranked executive", "second highest-ranked executive" and so on? ******************************************

Artiste,
There was indeed some posturing for such positions among those early executives, but it was some time before Jesus' ascension when those 12 executives still didn't quite get the whole "Kingdom of God" thing.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Jul 20 2007, 02:36 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 20 2007, 10:31 AM) *
This just arrived in my Inbox. It speaks directly to #9 on the list from the Spectrum article.

ADVENTIST NEWS Round up
Schneider/Paulsen Favor Continuation of Amazing Facts/3ABN Merger Talks
By Edwin A. Schwisow, AToday.com (19 July 2007)

Leaders of the North American Division and General Conference favor continuing exploration of a proposed merger by Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) of West Frankfort, Ill., and Amazing Facts of Sacramento, Calif., according to Don Schneider, president of the North American Division in Silver Spring, Md.

In an hour-long interview with Adventist Today magazine, conducted yesterday (July 18), Schneider disclaimed any day-to-day involvement in the merger discussions themselves, but acknowledged that he and Jan Paulsen, General Conference president, jointly signed “a positive letter” that responded to questions directed to them by Doug Batchelor, president of Amazing Facts, and Adventist lay persons involved in the merger discussions. The letter, dated May 16, 2007, has fueled speculation that its content puts a damper on prospects for the merger.

I note that the letter was allegedly written over 2 months ago - May 16, 2007 and also prior to the Statement that was released by the SP Division, banning Church employees from being involved in 3ABN production etc, on 6 June 2007.

I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that nothing regarding the merger has really progressed from that point? huh.gif

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Jul 20 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #49

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jul 20 2007, 02:36 AM) *
I note that the letter was allegedly written over 2 months ago - May 16, 2007 and also prior to the Statement that was released by the SP Division, banning Church employees from being involved in 3ABN production etc, on 6 June 2007.

I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that nothing regarding the merger has really progressed from that point? huh.gif

See!? Yeah!

A couple of things to keep in mind. The GC has tried to bring 3ABN in under the wing of the actual church organization for years, but Danny kept turning them down. Wanted to remain "an independent prophetic voice" for the denomination. crazy.gif

How could the merger be positive for the church? Easy. I'm betting they stipulated that if Amazing Facts and 3ABN merge, it has to bring 3ABN under the denominational umbrella. Which means employment standards, working policy, checks-and-balances, and (*ding* "We have a winner, Johnny!") financial transparency.

If the merger goes through under these conditions, I think it'd be good for the current crisis; the denomination could then tell them to clean up their act. I'm not a fan of the church bureaucracy, but it has its upsides. But then, since nothing has progressed, something about the deal is unacceptable to someone somewhere in the works ... I notice they didn't send a copy of the letter to Danny.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Jul 20 2007, 09:45 AM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
LaurenceD
post Jul 20 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #50

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,035

QUOTE(SoulEspresso)
A couple of things to keep in mind. The GC has tried to bring 3ABN in under the wing of the actual church organization for years, but Danny kept turning them down. Wanted to remain "an independent prophetic voice" for the denomination. crazy.gif

How could the merger be positive for the church? Easy. I'm betting they stipulated that if Amazing Facts and 3ABN merge, it has to bring 3ABN under the denominational umbrella. Which means employment standards, working policy, checks-and-balances, and (*ding* "We have a winner, Johnny!") financial transparency.

If the merger goes through under these conditions, I think it'd be good for the current crisis; the denomination could then tell them to clean up their act. I'm not a fan of the church bureaucracy, but it has its upsides. But then, since nothing has progressed, something about the deal is unacceptable to someone somewhere in the works ... I notice they didn't send a copy of the letter to Danny.

Bingo, SE. I could add to that list too (I think everyone could), like no high lifestyle (jets), no self-serving, no self-promotion of boardmember's popularity and careers, no inside (unaccountable) deals, no one man/woman decision making, etc.

--------------------
Disclaimer Notice: You are hereby cautioned that the information contained within these posts are for the sole purpose of provoking thought, adding fair comment on matters of public interest, and not providing factual information. These posts do not reflect the actual thoughts or intentions of the person writing under this username since said person is not in any position to know. No effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of any personal view, opinion, or hyperbole presented. Therefore, by disclosing, copying, or distributing these posts to others, such information must subsequently be confirmed in writing, signed and dated, by the actual person, or persons, posting behind username LaurenceD.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 20 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Jul 20 2007, 01:36 AM) *

I wonder if there is any significance in the fact that nothing regarding the merger has really progressed from that point?

The letter was dated 2 months ago but the interview quoting Don Schneider as joining Jan Paulsen in being positive toward the merger was done on July 18, 2007--that was 2 days ago.

So what is the significance of the ban of GC officials from 3abn on June 7, 2007 (see Observer's post on page 9 in the topic "General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status...") followed by the GC endorsement of the 3abn/Amazing Facts merger on July 18, 2007?

This post has been edited by Artiste: Jul 20 2007, 01:57 PM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Jul 20 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #52

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 20 2007, 12:29 PM) *
The letter was dated 2 months ago but the interview quoting Don Schneider as joining Jan Paulsen in being positive toward the merger was done on July 18, 2007--that was 2 days ago.

So what is the significance of the ban of GC officials from 3abn on June 7, 2007 (see Observer's post on page 9 in the topic "General Conference Suspends 3abn's Status...") followed by the GC endorsement of the 3abn/Amazing Facts merger on July 18, 2007?

Good point, Artiste! Has something changed during that 5 weeks?

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Jul 20 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Jul 20 2007, 01:34 PM) *
Good point, Artiste! Has something changed during that 5 weeks?

Perhaps a powerful and well-connected person precipitated the change.

+Quote Post
Johann
post Jul 21 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #54

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 21 2007, 03:56 AM) *
Perhaps a powerful and well-connected person precipitated the change.

God demands of each of us that we stand firmly on what is right, not what a well-connected person advocates. Let's just stand up and be counted!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
sister
post Aug 3 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #55

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 762

QUOTE(Artiste @ Jul 14 2007, 04:47 PM) *
Were you referring to Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law giving out various bits of interesting information on the phone?

I do know of one interesting bit of information that Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law gave out over the phone, she said she knows the identity of "Sister". She said that I am Linda... roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif Strange statement, I didn't realize the subject of the identities of the BSDA membership was such a hot topic in the extended Batchelor family circle. It is just a shame that Doug's mother-in-law is giving out false information instead of Amazing Facts.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 3 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 2 2007, 11:02 PM) *
I do know of one interesting bit of information that Doug Batchelor's mother-in-law gave out over the phone, she said she knows the identity of "Sister". She said that I am Linda... roflmao.gif roflmao.gif roflmao.gif Strange statement, I didn't realize the subject of the identities of the BSDA membership was such a hot topic in the extended Batchelor family circle. It is just a shame that Doug's mother-in-law is giving out false information instead of Amazing Facts.

Most Amazing!

And I thought that they were too busy with important endeavors at Amazing Facts to notice the internet gossip!

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 3 2007, 12:30 AM

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 3 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #57

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 2 2007, 11:02 PM) *

Well, sister, it would be an amazing surprise to your husband if you were Linda! Imagine all the back work it would take updating the picture albums.

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 3 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #58

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 3 2007, 08:02 AM) *

Both of you should appear in court at the same time! Perhaps you will sooner than some people wish!

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 3 2007, 07:10 PM
Post #59

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(sister @ Aug 3 2007, 12:02 AM) *

So what does it do to these people's credibility when they say they don't read and don't care?

Don't get me wrong, I think they should read and should care. It's the denial that bothers me ... and I ain't talking about the river in Egypt.

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 3 2007, 07:11 PM

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 4 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 3 2007, 07:10 PM) *
So what does it do to these people's credibility when they say they don't read and don't care?

Don't get me wrong, I think they should read and should care. It's the denial that bothers me ... and I ain't talking about the river in Egypt.

Love that about the Amazing Facts comment....Sister! It is a little crazy to hear them say "we do not have time to read that stuff"...."we know who Sister is"..."you have to know someone in the know (said with a chuckle)" Wonder who their "someone in the know is" and are they getting paid for their services? roflmao.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church