Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14595&st=30 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:09 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Story Of 3abn Board Malfeasance Just Posted On Save3abn!, How Attorney Nick Miller Was Blackmailed
PeacefulBe
post Aug 3 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #31

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Once again, SE, you make lots of great points.

I still maintain that in this struggle to bring truth to light it is of vital importance that care must be taken to be guided by the right principles. We cannot operate properly if we are willing to do anything that is ethically questionable in order to accomplish even a noble purpose.

Truth will come out, but let's get it out there as God would want us to.

Additionally, let's not mistake impassioned posts for hostility. We're mostly all of one accord here, just speaking our minds. smile.gif

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 3 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #32

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 3 2007, 10:43 AM) *
Once again, SE, you make lots of great points.

I still maintain that in this struggle to bring truth to light it is of vital importance that care must be taken to be guided by the right principles. We cannot operate properly if we are willing to do anything that is ethically questionable in order to accomplish even a noble purpose.

Truth will come out, but let's get it out there as God would want us to.

Additionally, let's not mistake impassioned posts for hostility. We're mostly all of one accord here, just speaking our minds. smile.gif

I agree with your principles, I just disagree with the application in this case.

We're definitely on the same side. yes.gif I hope you don't think I was being hostile.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 3 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Uncle Sam @ Aug 3 2007, 04:30 AM) *
I agree that if someone doesn't want their correspondence out in the public it shouldn't be but....

Either Nick is naive or he wanted it out there. Whenever I have had to use an attorney the first thing he said was unless you want it to come back to bite you DO NOT put anything in writing. Now if Nick says I don't want this out there maybe he feels it will get him off the hook if it is spread around.

Please don't feel sorry for the "poor lawyer" if some of his confidential information comes out. If any of you have been as well aquainted with as many attorneys as I have, you will realize that lawyers in general know how to protect themselves, more than the average person would even think about.

I highly doubt that Nick Miller would be surprised or overly upset if a letter in which he had taken the trouble to lay out the whole situation would in the future would become public.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 3 2007, 04:31 PM

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 3 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #34

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 3 2007, 05:30 PM) *
Please don't feel sorry for the "poor lawyer" if some of his confidential information comes out. If any of you have been as well aquainted with as many attorneys as I have, you will realize that lawyers in general know how to protect themselves, more than the average person would even think about.

I highly doubt that Nick Miller would be surprised or overly upset if a letter in which he had taken the trouble to lay out the whole situation would in the future would become public.

Do you think Nicholas P. Miller, graduate, Columbia University Law School (Ivy League), is concerned because his letter -- which was made available to a small group of people -- eventually leaked out beyond that small group to the general public?

In this case, I really don't think he would surprised, either.

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 3 2007, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 3 2007, 06:36 PM
Post #35

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 3 2007, 03:30 PM) *
I don't think the release is particularly sleazy at all, if separate conditions were met. If you write, "Don't publish this," and later write, "You can release the information if X, Y, and Z are fulfilled," you don't have to write a third letter that says, "Now that X, Y and Z have happened, you now have permission to publish this letter."

Wouldn't it be great if we were all unmasked as honest, God-fearing people of integrity! Most of the unmasking in this case has been quite the opposite.

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 3 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #36

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 2 2007, 10:28 PM) *
[edited for brevity]

----- Original Message -----
To: *******************
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:43 PM
Subject: Re: One more question-FYEO-Confidential

Nick took a stand and paid a price, in more ways then demonstrated in this limited e-mail. The rest
will be revealed at some point. And if you feel this is a bombshell, wait til you hear the rest of the story.

Gailon Arthur Joy
AUReporter

So, there's more to this story?

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 4 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 3 2007, 06:30 PM) *
Do you think Nicholas P. Miller, graduate, Columbia University Law School (Ivy League), is concerned because his letter -- which was made available to a small group of people -- eventually leaked out beyond that small group to the general public?

In this case, I really don't think he would surprised, either.

I agree....he is a lawyer and made it clear to share if certain things developed. They held onto the story and no one would have ever known if DS had stepped down, if things had changed with the 3ABN leadership including the board, if they had not filed the "impounded" law suit. But the truth is DS will not step down or even say "I am wrong and I am sorry, things have not changed with the leadership, there is a law suit with a request for a jury trial, the plaintiffs now want Joy and Pickle's hard drives, 3ABN is seeking the identities of all of us out here who know too much, say too much, have experienced similiar things to the Miller story.

The information and the "rest of the story" will all be public record if the suit continues. There must be much more that we do not know if 3ABN continues to seek an impounded trial.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Aug 4 2007, 08:51 AM
Post #38

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,683

I have to admit that I have had a bevy of different reactions to the posts on this thread. I personally find the speculation as to what Nick Miller wanted or anticipated or should have known nothing less than amusing and certainly a major red herring. If the speculation is accurate then I am sure Mr. Miller will have no issue with the decision that was made. I hope for all concerned that is the case. However, the speculation then makes me ask the question "does Mr. Miller also play games?" which is not something potential/future legal clients will find appealing or desirable in my opinion. But, I have no doubt this was one of the things that "we" considered in the risk/benefit analysis.

For me the issue is and will be, why was he not called before the letter was posted for all the world to see? Only a simple phone call or two was necessary.

For some, professional courtesy is no small matter and taken seriously. However, if one represents oneself pro se, I guess it may not have the same importance in how one conducts oneself.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Aug 4 2007, 08:53 AM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 4 2007, 09:37 AM
Post #39

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 4 2007, 01:49 PM) *
I agree....he is a lawyer and made it clear to share if certain things developed. They held onto the story and no one would have ever known if DS had stepped down, if things had changed with the 3ABN leadership including the board, if they had not filed the "impounded" law suit. But the truth is DS will not step down or even say "I am wrong and I am sorry, things have not changed with the leadership, there is a law suit with a request for a jury trial, the plaintiffs now want Joy and Pickle's hard drives, 3ABN is seeking the identities of all of us out here who know too much, say too much, have experienced similiar things to the Miller story.

The information and the "rest of the story" will all be public record if the suit continues. There must be much more that we do not know if 3ABN continues to seek an impounded trial.

yes.gif

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 4 2007, 10:56 AM
Post #40

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Aug 4 2007, 09:51 AM) *
For me the issue is and will be, why was he not called before the letter was posted for all the world to see? Only a simple phone call or two was necessary.

nw

That's a good question, Noahswife. I read Gailon's letter and saw this:

"Further, it [the letter] was included in a subpoena request and is now a part of the court discovery documents. "

Instead of a simple phone call, it looks like there was a subpoena for the letter. So, I have a hunch Nick has been alerted to the situation regarding that letter, either by mail, telephone, or both.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 4 2007, 11:08 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Aug 4 2007, 07:51 AM) *
For some, professional courtesy is no small matter and taken seriously. However, if one represents oneself pro se, I guess it may not have the same importance in how one conducts oneself.

I consider this an unfair attack on Gailon Joy, who has taken it upon himself to do research and carry forward an important issue that no one else was bothering to do anything about except to talk among themselves. He has put himself in the way of criticism and calumny to try to correct a serious wrong and has so far been successful.

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Aug 4 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #42

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Panama_Pete @ Aug 4 2007, 12:56 PM) *
That's a good question, Noahswife. I read Gailon's letter and saw this:
Instead of a simple phone call, it looks like there was a subpoena for the letter. So, I have a hunch Nick has been alerted to the situation regarding that letter, either by mail, telephone, or both.

Once again a red herring Pete, whether the document is produced for all to see in the discovery process during the court proceedings will play itself out with time. Not all requests for discovery will be honored by the opposite side without a fight. What was the point here of issuing this statement at this time and in this way? As I have stated more than once, if Mr. Miller has no objection neither do I. At this time I have questions because of my personal view of things and of my observations of patterns of conduct.

nw

PS....I have not seen the subpoena so I do not know how specific the request was for this particular document and will not speculate. However, I keep asking myself why the Plaintiffs would have requested it except as a general request for document production and whether after production it would have been subject to yet another motion for impoundment that is now pointless since it has been published. I can think of some legal reasons why such a motion would have been made by plaintiff's counsel.

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Aug 4 2007, 06:05 PM

--------------------
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless." G. K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
Noahswife
post Aug 4 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #43

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 4 2007, 01:08 PM) *
I consider this an unfair attack on Gailon Joy, who has taken it upon himself to do research and carry forward an important issue that no one else was bothering to do anything about except to talk among themselves. He has put himself in the way of criticism and calumny to try to correct a serious wrong and has so far been successful.

Artiste:

Do I understand from your post that you are of the opinion that because Mr. Joy has taken on this task that his methods and decisions in addressing "an important issue" are not subject to scrutiny or should not be questioned at times by someone like myself?

In my opinion to not question is to give credence to the allegation of the Dannyclones that pro-3abn posters and anti-DS posters as well as the save3abn.com website are not evaluated or questioned using the same criteria. Far better we discuss our concerns openly than allow them to spin such questions on their own.

I for one prefer to think and question everything done by either side in this matter including motivations. This just happens to be one of those times and about a topic that I am willing to share my concerns, my opinions and my questions for others to consider.

nw

This post has been edited by Noahswife: Aug 4 2007, 12:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 4 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 4 2007, 11:08 AM) *

Something to think about.......there has been much time and effort put into uncovering the alleged corruption in 3ABN - by many here and many elsewhere. The alleged corruption covers many areas and I will name some of it.... (I am calling all the following alleged) child abuse, financial mismanagement, use of donations for lavish life style, abuse of power - firing of whistle blowers as well as intimidation tactics, transfers of property, IRS fraud, defaming Linda and other's name/reputation, calling the ministry - SDA while stating it is non-denominational preaching a non-denominational message, taking tithe and offerings away from the church, and more.

We have all been waiting on those in high places to do something or someone with authority to say something. It seems like there are many somewhere standing from afar who want something done but will not put their name to anything. They say here is the info but please do not use my name....go for it....do what you can...keep me informed...I stand behind you..... but please I cannot get involved. We know you (Joy and Pickle) have risked much...you may lose your houses.....you may have hurt your reputation and we love you for it but so sorry....we have to stay in the wings while you fight the battle. By the way remember to keep our names secret for we have too much to lose. If they want your hard drives...just blow them up and go to jail so you can protect us. Is this what I am hearing?

I want to be part of a people who will call sin by its right name and care about what this battle is all about. Do we want to continue to turn a deaf ear or a blind eye to all the problems especially the alleged sexual abuse and those who will cover for a sinner at any cost? Are we really any different from so many others who are silent on matters such as these?

The info is out, the court documents are there.....if 3ABN is successful with an impoundment then say good-bye to any more bomb shells. There will not be any and we will all remain in the dark in the future. I pray for God's blessing as Joy and Pickle to seek the Lord as they have been doing and may we hear the rest of the story as the Lord leads.

+Quote Post
WillowRun
post Aug 4 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,191

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 4 2007, 02:08 PM) *
The info is out, the court documents are there.....if 3ABN is successful with an impoundment then say good-bye to any more bomb shells. There will not be any and we will all remain in the dark in the future. I pray for God's blessing as Joy and Pickle to seek the Lord as they have been doing and may we hear the rest of the story as the Lord leads.

AMEN! Runner AMEN!

This post has been edited by WillowRun: Aug 4 2007, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church