Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14595&st=60 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:24:16 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Amazing Story Of 3abn Board Malfeasance Just Posted On Save3abn!, How Attorney Nick Miller Was Blackmailed
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #61

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 12:02 PM) *
Clay,

So while we waited 9 months, we should have instead waited 9 years? Even if his letter is now, if I understand correctly, a matter of public record?

you should have asked him if you could have posted his letter on your site.... its that simple.... as it is, you look like you did something unethical.... sleazy even...

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #62

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,169

Prundent thing, IMO, at the end of the 9-month period would would have been to

1. Confirm beyond a question that this email was, in fact, a matter of public record

2. Contact Nick Miller and get his permission to post it.

The battle is important, Nick's information is important, Nick's reputation and wishes are important, the truth is important and how we handle each is most important of all.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Rosyroi
post Aug 5 2007, 11:14 AM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,536

If Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy comply and remove the email that Mr. Miller requested to be removed I think it would be right for this particular subject be removed from the 3ABN thread also.

There were some fantastic comunications posted that I would hate to lose but if we remove the email then the rest of the discussion wouldn't make sense without it unless some compromise can be made.

JMHO

Rosyroi

--------------------

"Joy, Love, Peace, Long Suffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Self Control are what being full of the Holy Spirit is all about." Galations 5.

"Don't waste your time waiting and longing for large opportunities which may never come, but faitfully handle the little things that are always claiming your attention..." F.B. Meyers

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B. 2007

"For GOD so LOVED you and me..." John 3:16

"I believe that there is a devil, and here's Satan's agenda. First, he doesn't want anyone having kids. Secondly, if they do conceive, he wants them killed.
If they're not killed through abortion, he wants them neglected or abused physically, emotionally, sexually...One way or another, the legions of hell want to destroy children because children become the future adults and leaders. If they (legions) can warp or wound a child, he or she becomes a warped or wounded adult who passes on this affliction to the next generation". -Terry Randall in TIME Magazine, October 21, 1991

+Quote Post
Panama_Pete
post Aug 5 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #64

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 522

QUOTE(Noahswife @ Aug 5 2007, 10:04 AM) *
In view of the above email, I am not going to post my the comments I had prepared in response to Johann, Bob or Artiste's latest posts on this thread.

However:

Thank you for clearing this up, PB.

NW

Noahswife,

I apologize in advance if this comes across as too strongly worded. Feel free to turn down the volume knob on this one if it's too "loud." smile.gif However, just take it to mean that this is a subject I feel strongly about.

If Mr. Miller's comments are included in the client/attorney relationship. Then, the clients are the plaintiffs who filed against Joy and Pickle. Therefore, what are the chances Mr. Miller could or would ever come forward with his comments?

So, asking for permission to print the letter would come with a predefined answer, even going so far as Miller casting doubt that Miller even wrote the entire letter, himself; Permission would occur at a time called never.

Therefore, I do think that you might be asking the defendants to be overly gracious to the main plaintiff, his wealthy backer, and their many attorneys located in two states.

I specifically remember one case where I personally saw a vicious dog chewing on the leg of a letter carrier. At what point is the letter carrier allowed to kick the dog? Does the letter carrier ask permission of the owner to let the letter carrier kick the dog? Some would say asking permission would be the Christian thing to do. Always ask first.

Well, in this case, I see a pack of lawyers all trying to chew off the legs of two people, metaphorically speaking, and we have good people who think permission must be asked before the defendants defend themselves. I don't agree with that. Not at all.

Are you willing to accept any underhanded and dishonest approach to get what you want? If that is the case, just what is it that you truly want other than more details to justify your conclusions.

Wars create few heroes; And lawsuits are no exceptions to that rule. I really hope, for the record, that we all don't ask Pickle and Joy to drink tea with their pinkies extended while the plaintiffs and a team of highly-paid lawyers try to blow the defendants' heads off, tea cups and all. I think, under the circumstances, it really is justified to use whatever legal means the defendants have to defend themselves, especially since they're not the ones filing the lawsuit in the first place. The defendants are simply dealing with what was thrown at them by the plaintiff and -- I repeat -- they may have a necessity to use whatever legal leverage they have available to themselves.

Under the circumstance, I think a strong defense is justified. Legal doesn't mean "dishonest." Legal doesn't mean "underhanded."

At this point, I can't say whether posting a letter is illegal or not, since it's not my area of expertise. However, I do think it is "ethical" to use legal means to defend yourself. While I probably would not have posted that letter, myself, I'm not in the shoes of Pickle and Joy. Therefore, I am extremely uncomfortable giving ethics admonitions to them as to their course of action. I know that several here feel differently, and that's O.K. with me, but I, personally, am not in a position to be as definitive with my feelings as to what the only correct course of action must be.

I enjoy reading your well-composed posts,

Pete

This post has been edited by Panama_Pete: Aug 6 2007, 11:06 AM

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #65

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 12:04 PM) *
you should have asked him if you could have posted his letter on your site.... its that simple.... as it is, you look like you did something unethical.... sleazy even...

So are you saying that we should have asked him before his letter was made a matter of public record with the court? Or are you saying that reporters should never publish things that are a matter of public record without asking the individuals involved?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 11:22 AM
Post #66

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rosyroi @ Aug 5 2007, 12:14 PM) *
If Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy comply and remove the email that Mr. Miller requested to be removed I think it would be right for this particular subject be removed from the 3ABN thread also.

There were some fantastic comunications posted that I would hate to lose but if we remove the email then the rest of the discussion wouldn't make sense without it unless some compromise can be made.

JMHO

Rosyroi

ummm no.... BSDA does not remove threads..... as the letter itself was not posted here, we are not going to pretend like we never read it or had a reaction to it being posted.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 5 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #67

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,960

QUOTE(PeacefullyBewildered @ Aug 5 2007, 12:13 PM) *
Prundent thing, IMO, at the end of the 9-month period would would have been to

1. Confirm beyond a question that this email was, in fact, a matter of public record

2. Contact Nick Miller and get his permission to post it.

The battle is important, Nick's information is important, Nick's reputation and wishes are important, the truth is important and how we handle each is most important of all.

PB

And while we're at it, maybe we should secure Tommy's permission, and if we can't, maybe Gailon should remove Tommy's "confession" too.

And maybe Tom Foley's permission should have been gotten before his emails were published.

And ....

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 11:33 AM
Post #68

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 10:20 AM) *
So are you saying that we should have asked him before his letter was made a matter of public record with the court? Or are you saying that reporters should never publish things that are a matter of public record without asking the individuals involved?

Bob,

You said:
"Clay,

So while we waited 9 months, we should have instead waited 9 years? Even if his letter is now, [b]if I understand correctly
, a matter of public record?" [/b]

You have not confirmed that your understanding is correct. Nick shared his email with the condition, written clearly at the end, that it not be shared. He said"

"But please do not spread it more broadly, only to those that know of the allegation against me."

Even reporters, who have confidential sources, ask permission before they unmask them.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #69

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 12:31 PM) *
And while we're at it, maybe we should secure Tommy's permission, and if we can't, maybe Gailon should remove Tommy's "confession" too.

And maybe Tom Foley's permission should have been gotten before his emails were published.

And ....

apples and oranges... and I think you know that.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 5 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #70

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 5 2007, 10:31 AM) *

And ....

Bob,

Please take a deep breath and think clearly here. Duane gave you permission for the posting of Tommy's email. It was his to give. And Tom Foley's? You will have to weigh that one on your own as I don't know the background there.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

+Quote Post
Johann
post Aug 5 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #71

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

From: Iceland, formerly Denmark, Norway, USA, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Faeroe Islands. Bound for Heaven.
Member No.: 686

A few hours ago I was told of an Adventist pastor in Europe who bought a set of new tires for his car. He had to cross several countries on his way home. When he arrived at the border of his own country (state) he stopped and reported his purchase, asking how much he owed in sale taxes or other fees.

We are concerned what Pickle and Joy should have done in this case, but how many of us pay the sales tax we saved in another state when crossing a state line? Didn't we rob our home state their revenue when going shopping in another state?

--------------------
"Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end." (Attributed to Henry Kissinger)

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it" (Martin Luther King)

"The truth can lose nothing by close investigation". (1888 Materials 38)

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #72

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Johann @ Aug 5 2007, 12:43 PM) *
A few hours ago I was told of an Adventist pastor in Europe who bought a set of new tires for his car. He had to cross several countries on his way home. When he arrived at the border of his own country (state) he stopped and reported his purchase, asking how much he owed in sale taxes or other fees.

We are concerned what Pickle and Joy should have done in this case, but how many of us pay the sales tax we saved in another state when crossing a state line? Didn't we rob our home state their revenue when going shopping in another state?

apples and oranges also... don't attempt to misdirect.... they did not get permission to post the letter.... they were wrong..... your explanation sounds like those explanations that we got from those defending Danny....

--------------------

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 5 2007, 12:27 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 5 2007, 11:04 AM) *

I am shocked at your reaction and this whole subject leaves me wondering why anyone would want to go out on any limb with both sides attacking! Now we can see how and why so many are still in the bushes hiding out and saying nothing and why so many use fake names to post here and elsewhere.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 5 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #74

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(runner4him @ Aug 5 2007, 01:27 PM) *
I am shocked at your reaction and this whole subject leaves me wondering why anyone would want to go out on any limb with both sides attacking! Now we can see how and why so many are still in the bushes hiding out and saying nothing and why so many use fake names to post here and elsewhere.

No need to be shocked.... it was simple... they had a letter from a person who said it was only to be released under certain conditions. IF Pickle and Joy thought those conditions had been met, they could have simply contacted the person and confirmed that the letter was okay for release.... PB posted a letter from the same person in which he made it clear he did not give his permission to release the letter.... IF PB could contact the person that easily, surely Pickle and Joy could have done the same....

I am shocked that you think that Pickle and Joy need to win their case by any means necessary..... that's scary....

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonshineonme
post Aug 5 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #75

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,709

I have purposely stayed out of making any comments on this situation, because I have learned over the past three years, there is much more to the story then people realize. But, I want to say this:

Things are done in particular ways for particular reasons ..... to protect those people who have a part in this situation.

I also know that some things are not as literal as they appear.

I know how some things have to occur in order to, lets say, be done "correctly".

Much can be learned by reading between the lines....and the rest will come later.

I believe that this is much more on the up and up then it may appear for most of you.

Of course, maybe this is just me.

--------------------
Here's the thing - "...if you pull "folks" into a fight you don't know what "weapon" they will bring." PrincessDrRe

"A man who digs a pit for others to fall into, will end up falling into it himself. And if a man rolls a stone on someone, the stone will roll back on him". Said Solomon the wise, Proverbs 26:27

"No man can follow Christ and go astray." William H.P. Faunce

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me." Robert M. McCheyne

Click here for Linda Shelton's newly updated website

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:24 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church