Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14596&st=180 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:22:51 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Merger Off?
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 04:22 PM
Post #181

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

Could we have a show of hands of all those who had never ever heard, prior to reading the first sentence of Nick's email, that Danny had accused Nick of billing improperly?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
watchbird
post Aug 13 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #182

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,712

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 06:22 PM) *
Could we have a show of hands of all those who had never ever heard, prior to reading the first sentence of Nick's email, that Danny had accused Nick of billing improperly?

There are those of us who had heard certain things. It would not be appropriate for me to say what those were.

All I will say more is this... that whichever limb whoever is on in this particular tree should be careful to stay close to the trunk and not go too far out.... for not all has been revealed that will be revealed. Things are not always what they seem to be.

.............angel.gif...............

+Quote Post
YogusBearus
post Aug 13 2007, 04:38 PM
Post #183

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,905

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 05:22 PM) *

You're going to need a bigger shovel pretty soon Bob. I think I would let this one lie if I were you. But what do I know? I'm only a bear.

-bear

--------------------

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #184

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have yet explained how Duane releasing Tommy's letter without Tommy's permission is different than Gailon releasing Nick's letter without his permission.

Clay can correct you as well if he wishes but it is quite obvious that there is a huge difference between the two postings. Duane gave permission for the posting of Tommy's email. It was his to give. Nick, on the other hand, asked that it NOT be posted.

I posted much the same thing to you on August 5th, just a day or so after the email from Nick was posted and you asked a similar question.

The big difference here, Bob, is that Tommy didn't tell Duane to keep this confidential. Nick did. Let's not strain the gnats while we attempt to swallow camels. There is a better way.

PB
Click for full reference

You can turn this gem any way you like, but the facets will not reveal any true justificaiton. Nick's email is posted. It was inappropriate to post it without his permission or until it truly had become a part of the public record. It is obvious that neither you nor Gailon has any intention to remove the email from www.save3abn.com. I hope what you gained by posting it was worth the cost. We will all be watching to see that impact.

PB

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 13 2007, 04:52 PM
Post #185

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 03:22 PM) *

Well, aside from the fact that it actually wasn't the first sentence of Nick's email .......... hiya.gif

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #186

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 13 2007, 05:49 PM) *
Clay can correct you as well if he wishes but it is quite obvious that there is a huge difference between the two postings. Duane gave permission for the posting of Tommy's email. It was his to give. Nick, on the other hand, asked that it NOT be posted.

I don't recall your responding to my point that it seems quite obvious to me that Tommy's email was intended to be confidential. Thus, if only Duane's permission was needed before releasing Tommy's confidential email, then only Gailon's permission was needed before releasing Nick's email, since both Gailon and Duane were the recipients.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 13 2007, 05:28 PM
Post #187

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 05:20 PM) *
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have yet explained how Duane releasing Tommy's letter without Tommy's permission is different than Gailon releasing Nick's letter without his permission.

you are wrong, you have been corrected, you don't recall? I said before, and I will say it again....you are comparing apples and oranges....

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #188

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(watchbird @ Aug 13 2007, 05:30 PM) *
for not all has been revealed that will be revealed. Things are not always what they seem to be.

............. angel.gif ...............

Wise words, WatchBird. Wise words indeed.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 05:31 PM
Post #189

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 13 2007, 06:28 PM) *
you are wrong, you have been corrected, you don't recall? I said before, and I will say it again....you are comparing apples and oranges....

Ah, now I remember. That's where we were.

Feel free to tell me why you feel it's apples and oranges.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 13 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #190

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 06:31 PM) *
Ah, now I remember. That's where we were.

Feel free to tell me why you feel it's apples and oranges.

I already told you.... revisit the thread if you are unable to remember.... if you don't think you are wrong you will not see why it was wrong....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #191

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Looks like the apples and oranges comments over there may have been dealing with Linda's daughter's letter, not Tommy's letter. Do you think you and I talked about Nick's letter over there too?

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 13 2007, 06:20 PM
Post #192

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 07:03 PM) *
Looks like the apples and oranges comments over there may have been dealing with Linda's daughter's letter, not Tommy's letter. Do you think you and I talked about Nick's letter over there too?

what you all did was wrong.... all the rationalization in the world will not change that.... and that is what I see you doing... rationalizing your actions.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 13 2007, 07:20 PM
Post #193

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 13 2007, 10:57 AM) *
So ... scratchchin.gif does knowledge bring us closer to God? Does knowledge have any relationship with a more sanctified life?

And the Greek word for knowledge is ... band2.gif drumroll ...

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 13 2007, 11:47 AM) *
SE, epignosis? That's the only Greek word for it that I have found with Google so far.

QUOTE(awesumtenor @ Aug 13 2007, 02:27 PM) *
Let's leave Marcion and his merry band of theological miscreants out of this, ok? I don't think they're ready for that...

The word is "gnosis" so yes, PB, you were right ... epignosis has that as a root. That's where our good buddies the gnostics got their name. They thought correct knowledge could save. (Of course their "knowledge" was anything but ... but ...)

A buddy of mine said to me this afternoon, "If knowledge could lead to sanctification, we'd be in the kingdom by now."

I'm all for clear minds and correct knowledge, and I aspire to a plant-based diet even if I'm not there yet. But I have no illusions that those are significant contributors to our spiritual receptivity.

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Pickle
post Aug 13 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #194

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Clay @ Aug 13 2007, 07:20 PM) *
what you all did was wrong.... all the rationalization in the world will not change that.... and that is what I see you doing... rationalizing your actions.....

Feel free to explain why you think comparing the release of Tommy's letter with the release of Nick's letter is apples and oranges.

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 13 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #195

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pickle @ Aug 13 2007, 08:33 PM) *
Feel free to explain why you think comparing the release of Tommy's letter with the release of Nick's letter is apples and oranges.

feel free to use your imagination.... vegan enhanced imagination.....

--------------------

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:22 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church