Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14661&st=120 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 01:12:30 PM on March 27, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countdown....will Pickle And Joy Do The Right Thing..., now that we know they did not have permission....
justice4jesus
post Aug 16 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #121

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,268

Well, folks....agree or disagree, there is one thing that the people of this forum are willing to do, and that is to TALK IT OUT. This one brief statement that I made yesterday has sparked a flurry of convo, which satisfies me whether everyone agrees or not. Obviously, not everyone does smile.gif, but who said we all had to be in total agreement, right? The important thing is that we are discussing it with a free exchange of opinions. Thank God that we are not bound to a tyranny where it's "my way or no way". In the long run, however, I do know that all of us agree on one thing, and that is this....3ABN can still be a powerful tool for spreading the Gospel, and must be aided past the current crisis IN WHATEVER MEANS NECESSARY so that it may continue to do the Lord's work.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ozzie
post Aug 16 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #122

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,395

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 16 2007, 05:36 PM) *
What is it that you do not understand about my post? That justice4jesus is wrong about the general concensus? Several posts have already been made protesting his strawman comparing posting the lawyers letter on Mr Joy and Mr Pickles website . How can I make my view clearer to you?

My understanding is that it is NOT Mr Pickle's website. It is Mr Joy's site alone! We need to be careful with the way in which we attribute various things to the wrong people. They are not one and the same.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

+Quote Post
fallible humanbe...
post Aug 16 2007, 04:36 PM
Post #123

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058

Oz,

It is one thing to own a domain name, however, that doesn't mean you are webmaster. On msdaol Mr. Robert Pickle announced he wouldn't have as much time to post because of a major internet project he was working on . . . this was sometime back in December, if I recall correctly.

I don't have a direct link to the quote, but will, when I have a little more time than today, look it up (if it hasn't been edited).

Additionally, I don't recall anywhere on any site where the role of webmaster has been denied by Mr. Robert Pickle.

- FHB

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 16 2007, 05:35 PM) *
My understanding is that it is NOT Mr Pickle's website. It is Mr Joy's site alone! We need to be careful with the way in which we attribute various things to the wrong people. They are not one and the same.

This post has been edited by fallible humanbeing: Aug 16 2007, 04:37 PM

--------------------
But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. - Yoda

If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see. - Henry David Thoreau

May those who love us love us. And those who don’t love us– may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping. - Keeping Faith

+Quote Post
PeacefulBe
post Aug 16 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #124

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,169

FHB,

Thanks for the clarification. It is important to have the whole, clear story so we can all be on the same page.

It will be interesting to see that MSDAOL post, or a link to it, to verify what you say.

--------------------
Got Peace?

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"Truth welcomes examination and doesn't need to defend itself, while deception hides in darkness and blames everyone else." Aunt B, 2007

+Quote Post
roxe
post Aug 16 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #125

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,485

QUOTE(PeacefulBe @ Aug 16 2007, 05:19 PM) *
FHB,
Thanks for the clarification. It is important to have the whole, clear story so we can all be on the same page.
It will be interesting to see that MSDAOL post, or a link to it, to verify what you say.

i also remember that post... i also remember someone posting that Joy is the registered owner of the site.(??)

so, from day 1 i've taken those postings on save3abn as Joy's words... no matter who the webmaster is who puts the pages together.
i may be wrong... the words may be Pickle words. i don't know.

i also don't know, if it is Pickle words, if Joy, as reg. owner, is still responsible for them.

whose words are posted on that site?
who knows internet law in this area?

btw...
where is Fran?? is she ok?

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 16 2007, 08:47 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(västergötland @ Aug 16 2007, 12:36 AM) *
What is it that you do not understand about my post? That justice4jesus is wrong about the general concensus? Several posts have already been made protesting his strawman comparing posting the lawyers letter on Mr Joy and Mr Pickles website to giving photo evidence of wife beating or drug dealing to the police.
Or don't you understand my claim that the majority of people posting in this thread agree that incriminating evidence should be given to the police?
Or is it my statement that publishing the letter on Mr Joy's and Mr Pickles website adds it to the pool of gossip that leaves you confounded?
How can I make my view clearer to you?

Have to admit, I'm even more confused now. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 17 2007, 11:32 PM
Post #127

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(justice4jesus @ Aug 16 2007, 07:43 AM) *
Well, folks....agree or disagree, there is one thing that the people of this forum are willing to do, and that is to TALK IT OUT.
... The important thing is that we are discussing it with a free exchange of opinions. Thank God that we are not bound to a tyranny where it's "my way or no way"...

I hope we can continue to talk it out.

+Quote Post
Fran
post Aug 18 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #128

500 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Financial Donor
Member No.: 529

QUOTE(roxe @ Aug 16 2007, 07:03 PM) *
btw...
where is Fran?? is she ok?

Roxe;

I am here. Biting my tongue! Pretty soon I will have greater than 10 holes in my tongue! I gotta get me some of those awful tongue rings (Tiny Bar Bells)! bangin.gif wallbash.gif no.gif

Awe; come on now! What else do you do with "holy" bitten tongues? Whats girl supposed to do? popcom.gif pepsi.gif

--------------------
The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall. {Ed 57.3}
But such a character is not the result of accident; it is not due to special favors or endowments of Providence. A noble character is the result of self-discipline, of the subjection of the lower to the higher nature--the surrender of self for the service of love to God and man. {Ed 57.4}

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 18 2007, 08:21 AM
Post #129

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I knew a guy who pierced his own tongue...

... three times.

Truth be told, though, body piercing saved my life. Not my body ... amen.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
västergötland
post Aug 18 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #130

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,902

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 17 2007, 03:47 AM) *
Have to admit, I'm even more confused now. smile.gif

Thats not a very helpful post.

--------------------
Christ crucified for our sins, Christ risen from the dead, Christ ascended on high, is the science of salvation that we are to learn and to teach. {8T 287.2}

Most Noble and Honourable Thomas the Abstemious of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

"I have said it before and I repeat it now: If someone could prove to me that apartheid is compatible with the Bible or christian faith, I would burn my bible and stop being a christian" Desmond Tutu

+Quote Post
Richard Sherwin
post Aug 18 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #131

1,000 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,231

And forever He will wear those scars.....

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 18 2007, 10:21 AM) *
Truth be told, though, body piercing saved my life. Not my body ... amen.gif

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Aug 19 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #132

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

"Midnight is where the day begins."

Our home continues to pray earnestly that this 3ABN debacle will soon see the light of morning when truth will triumph, be seen to triumph, when falsely accused persons on whichever side will have the guilty tags removed from around their necks, when there will be repentance and restitution where repentance and restitution need to be made, and broken friendships will be healed.

But, “Midnight is where the day begins.” Your featured statement, SoulEspresso, has stirred me to do some thinking.
I note that:-

The day for the world begins and ends at midnight, and the world divides itself into time zones.

The Bible day begins and ends at sunset, letting the sun determine the time zone (and the time boundaries for the seventh-day Sabbath) for each person and place on the globe.

THE BIBLE’S MOST SIGNIFICANT MIDNIGHTS ARE:-

1. The “Midnight” Before Creation (Genesis 1:2). The first day in the history of this world began with “darkness upon the face of the deep”, penetrated by the voice of the Creator-God saying, “Let there be light.” In this sense, “The first day began at midnight.”

2. Israel’s Midnight Deliverance From Egypt (Exodus 12:29). The very night Israel celebrated the first Passover and departed from bondage in Egypt, the angel of death passed over at midnight, and brought death to the firstborn of every home where blood was not placed upon the doorposts.

3. The Supernaturally Induced Midnight When Jesus Suffered on the Cross (Matthew 27:45), Just Before His First Reassurance of His Father’s Acceptance of His Sacrifice as Atoning. The day in AD 31 when this world was legally won back by the Creator, there was a supernaturally induced darkness “deep as midnight” from the sixth [midday] to the ninth hour [3.00 pm, the time of the evening sacrifice]. At the last, “the sense of the loss of His Father’s favour was withdrawn” (DA 756). “Suddenly the gloom lifted from the cross, and in clear, trumpetlike tones, that seemed to resound throughout creation, Jesus cried, ‘It is finished.’ ‘Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.’ A light encircled the cross, and the face of the Saviour shone with a glory like the sun. He then bowed His head upon His breast, and died.” Ibid.

4. The Midnight Cry, “Behold the Bridegroom is Coming.” (Matthew 25:6). This was the great cry taken up just prior to 1844, when the 2300 day prophecy of Daniel 8:14 was fulfilled, and the eschatological judgment commenced, leading to Christ’s reception of His kingdom of saints. In Daniel 2, those not already of Christ’s stone kingdom, are of the metal man image which is destroyed by the stone.

5. The Midnight When the Final Death Decree is to Go Into Effect, But is Interrupted By God’s Voice From Heaven (Revelation 13:15). The Bible prophesies a “new world order” at the end of time, which will seek to enforce disobedience to God’s fourth commandment, which commands that the seventh day be kept holy in honour of the fact that He created this world in six days and rested the seventh. Because the world begins the day at midnight, the prophesied endtime day when the death decree for those who choose to keep holy the seventh day, will commence at midnight. But this ultimate midnight for the world will be the ultimate day of deliverance and glory for the saints. This is the day typified by the exodus story of the Bible, along with the deliverance wrought for us by Jesus in AD 31.

How significant that the exodus story is written up by God’s own finger on the first table of His law! “I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.” Exodus 20:2.

What further significance that the apex of the pyramid structure of the book of Revelation, begins (Revelation 11:19) and ends (Revelation 15:1-4) with a focus upon the exodus story!

(Father in heaven, please draw the attention of the world again to the exodus story. Let them know it really happened. Let all understand that just as surely the deliverance it has typified and is typifying, has happened, and will happen. Let everyone know it is YOU, Jesus Christ, who is the Mighty Saviour and Deliverer of the Passover and exodus story, and Your Ten Commandments still apply. May church and ministry leaders in particular know their words and deeds must show conformity to Your law, or You cannot own their witness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.)

+Quote Post
Brick Step
post Aug 19 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #133

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,624

“It was at midnight that God chose to deliver His people. As the wicked were mocking around them, suddenly the sun appeared, shining in his strength, and the moon stood still. The wicked looked upon the scene with amazement, while the saints beheld with solemn joy the tokens of their deliverance. Signs and wonders followed in quick succession. Everything seemed turned out of its natural course. The streams ceased to flow. Dark, heavy clouds came up and clashed against each other. But there was one clear place of settled glory, whence came the voice of God like many waters, shaking the heavens and the earth. There was a mighty earthquake. The graves were opened, and those who had died in faith under the third angel’s message, keeping the Sabbath, came forth from their dusty beds, glorified, to hear the covenant of peace that God was to make with those who had kept His law.

“The sky opened and shut and was in commotion. The mountains shook like a reed in the wind and cast out ragged rocks all around. The sea boiled like a pot and cast out stones upon the land. And as God spoke the day and the hour of Jesus’ coming and delivered the everlasting covenant to His people, He spoke one sentence, and then paused, while the words were rolling through the earth. The Israel of God stood with their eyes fixed upward, listening to the words as they came from the mouth of Jehovah and rolled through the earth like peals of loudest thunder. It was awfully solemn. At the end of every sentence the saints shouted, “Glory! Hallelujah!” Their countenances were lighted up with the glory of God, and they shone with glory as did the face of Moses when he came down from Sinai. The wicked could not look upon them for the glory. And when the never-ending blessing was pronounced on those who had honoured God in keeping His Sabbath holy, there was a mighty shout of victory over the beast and over his image.

“Then commenced the jubilee…

“Soon appeared the great white cloud, upon which sat the son of man…

“The earth mightily shook as the voice of the Son of God called forth the sleeping saints…. Then the living saints and the risen ones raised their voices in a long, transporting shout of victory…. The living saints are changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, and caught up with the risen ones, and together they meet their Lord in the air….” EW 285-288

The events described in the above “day” which commenced at midnight, continue over several days. But – what a morning for the saints, is this ultimate midnight for the world!

“Midnight is where the day begins.” YES! YES! YES!

In the meantime, before the ultimate application above, I know we can rest in faith knowing there will also be some wonderful lesser moments for rejoicing as our Living God, even in this 3ABN controversy, “works all things together for the good of those that love Him.”

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 19 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #134

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(Brick Step @ Aug 19 2007, 09:32 PM) *
“Midnight is where the day begins.” YES! YES! YES!

Perhaps the day in question, that great gettin' up mornin'... but any wider application of this statement runs headlong into our teaching on the Sabbath... where the day begins at the setting of the sun...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post
awesumtenor
post Aug 19 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #135

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Charter Member
Member No.: 15

QUOTE(fallible humanbeing @ Aug 16 2007, 06:36 PM) *
Oz,

It is one thing to own a domain name, however, that doesn't mean you are webmaster. On msdaol Mr. Robert Pickle announced he wouldn't have as much time to post because of a major internet project he was working on . . . this was sometime back in December, if I recall correctly.

I don't have a direct link to the quote, but will, when I have a little more time than today, look it up (if it hasn't been edited).

Additionally, I don't recall anywhere on any site where the role of webmaster has been denied by Mr. Robert Pickle.

- FHB

Speaking of "major internet projects", which of you will take responsibility for http://savegailon.blogspot.com and the overt racist stereotypes and caricatures contained therein?

If that is how your camp truly feels about black SDAs... why, exactly, are you (collectively) here? People of whom there is such collective contempt surely are beneath your caring what they believe or how they feel about said belief.

Let's start the transparency with the person or persons responsible for that site manning up and admitting it... since you are so concerned about offensive websites...

In His service,
Mr. J

--------------------
There is no one more dangerous than one who thinks he knows God with a mind that is ignorant - Dr. Lewis Anthony

You’ve got to be real comfortable in your own skin to survive the animosity your strength evokes in people you'd hope would like you. - Dr. Renita Weems

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2008 - 12:12 PM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church