Archive of http://www.blacksda.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14695&st=0 preserved for the defense in 3ABN and Danny Shelton v. Joy and Pickle.
Links altered to maintain their integrity and aid in navigation, but content otherwise unchanged.
Saved at 12:10:24 PM on March 23, 2008.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Beginning Of The End For Danny Shelton?, From AT -
Ozzie
post Aug 7 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,395

August 7, 2007
In This Issue
BREAKING NEWS: Special Report

Contact Lee
Forward to a Friend

Adventist Today
P.O. Box 8026
Riverside, CA 92515-8026 800.236.3641

The Beginning of the End for 3ABN Under Danny Shelton?: Report from the ASI Convention
Ervin Taylor, Executive Editor, AToday.com (August 7, 2007)

Reports have been received by Adventist Today from credible, first-hand sources that include individuals privy to discussions going on inside the Three Angels Broadcasting Network (3ABN) organization and those who attended the just-concluded (August 1-5) Adventist-Laymen's Services and Industries (ASI) Convention in Louisville, Kentucky.

These reports indicate that considerable confusion existed among 3ABN staff concerning the merger talks between 3ABN and Amazing Facts. Many 3ABN employees had been led to believe that there would be a "big announcement" during the ASI convention and were very surprised when it was announced by Doug Batchelor, the president/speaker of Amazing Facts, that the merger would not occur. As reported earlier, the initiative to call off the talks was taken by Batchelor, not 3ABN. Apparently a principal reason was the continuing financial, organizational, and possibly legal problems at 3ABN.

One interpretation of these events by a well-informed observer was that Batchelor concluded that any union could only be consummated after Mr. Danny Shelton, the current 3ABN president, "retired" and a non-controversial replacement, perhaps someone with a business background who had the confidence of major donors and church authorities, was brought in as acting CEO.

Consistent with this interpretation were reports that Shelton was “nearly invisible” at the ASI meetings, and was not brought on stage during ASI programs. Rumors circulated, meanwhile, that Shelton was actually no longer actively "in charge" of the 3ABN booth and its activities, and that staff was making most of the day-to-day, hour-to-hour decisions. A source close to Shelton said that Shelton is considering the possibility of "retirement."

Don Schneider, president of the North American Division, who has reportedly expressed deep concerns that 3ABN not "fail," was seen on more than one occasion in earnest conversation on the ASI pavilion floor with Garwin McNeilus, a wealthy, influential Adventist businessman, whose daughter-in-law had just been elected to the ASI presidency for a two year term. McNeilus reportedly favors a merger between 3ABN and the Amazing Facts organizations. He is on the Mission Board of ASI, though not of 3ABN, but has been viewed as a strong backer of 3ABN. Sources indicated that it was highly likely that McNeilus and Schneider were discussing how to address 3ABN’s current needs, in essence, to “save 3ABN.”

3ABN in recent months has acknowledged a steep downturn in donations and serious cash flow concerns, even as it presses a lawsuit against two individuals who have made serious charges of corruption against 3ABN’s current administration and have voiced concerns that these administrative practices and conduct are ruining 3ABN. Many observers believe that the charges made by the two individuals are, in most respects, substantially true.

Adventist Today contacted Dr. Walter Thompson, chairman of the 3ABN Board, in an effort to obtain further details of the recent downturn in donations to 3ABN. Dr. Thompson stated that he had forwarded the Adventist Today communication to the attorneys handling the 3ABN lawsuit and could not comment immediately. In a subsequent communication, Dr. Thompson stated “The article you sent for my review is full of factual inaccuracies concerning the proposed merger between Three Angels Broadcasting and Amazing Facts. Given your insistence on publishing this article today or tomorrow, I simply do not have enough time to respond to the many errors and untrue statements it contains. 3ABN therefore has no comment on the article in question.” Adventist Today appreciates this response of Dr. Thompson.

--------------------
"It's important that people know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for."
~ Mary Waldrop.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #2

500 + posts
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,262

I note with interest a couple of things. First, nobody would speak on the record. Second ...

Many observers believe that the charges made by the two individuals are, in most respects, substantially true.

AToday is trying very hard not to get served. blink.gif

The trouble with slinging lawsuits about is that suddenly even your friends disappear. no.gif

--------------------
"The entire world is falling apart because no one will admit they are wrong."
--
Don Miller, Blue Like Jazz.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,569

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 7 2007, 05:40 PM) *
August 7, 2007
In This Issue

Contact Lee
Forward to a Friend

Adventist Today
P.O. Box 8026

The Beginning of the End for 3ABN Under Danny Shelton?: Report from the ASI Convention

3ABN in recent months has acknowledged a steep downturn indonations and serious cash flow concerns, even as it presses a lawsuit against two individuals who have made serious charges of corruption against 3ABN’s current administration and have voiced concerns that these administrative practices and conduct are ruining 3ABN. Many observers believe that the charges made by the two individuals are, in most respects, substantially true.

The leap from "internet gossip" to "substantially true" is a large one.

This is a huge validation for Pickle and Joy. By the way, their one year anniversary is coming up next week for time spent ferreting out facts and ducumentation, locating people that have valuable inside information, and putting together unbelievably complex financial details.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 08:49 PM

+Quote Post
Clay
post Aug 7 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #4

5,000 + posts
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 4

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 09:13 PM) *
I note with interest a couple of things. First, nobody would speak on the record. Second ...
AToday is trying very hard not to get served. blink.gif

The trouble with slinging lawsuits about is that suddenly even your friends disappear. no.gif

you know what they say.... a true friend will help you move the body.... dunno.gif

--------------------
"you are as sick as your secrets...." -quote from Celebrity Rehab-

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ozzie @ Aug 7 2007, 05:40 PM) *
August 7, 2007
In This Issue

Contact Lee
Forward to a Friend

Adventist Today
P.O. Box 8026

These reports indicate that considerable confusion existed among 3ABN staff concerning the merger talks between 3ABN and Amazing Facts. Many 3ABN employees had been led to believe that there would be a "big announcement" during the ASI convention and were very surprised when it was announced by Doug Batchelor, the president/speaker of Amazing Facts, that the merger would not occur.

Apparently, misinformation is rampant within the confines of the 3ABN compound...

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
softie
post Aug 7 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,893

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 7 2007, 11:03 PM) *
Apparently, misinformation is rampant within the confines of the 3ABN compound...

Pray that 3abn will live on under a good leadership, and that God will bless it.

+Quote Post
calvin
post Aug 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #7

site admin
Group Icon

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

If what AT is saying is true then I suspect the lawsuit will be dropped as Danny is dropped. A clean start with new management and all the dirt left behind. That would be the way to do it, IMO.

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(calvin @ Aug 7 2007, 08:53 PM) *
If what AT is saying is true then I suspect the lawsuit will be dropped as Danny is dropped. A clean start with new management and all the dirt left behind. That would be the way to do it, IMO.

3ABN may not be able to drop it if they do not comply with the conditions the other side will insist on. The current proposal to simply put in a new CEO will not address the corrupt conditions in general of the rest of the top leadership and some of the board. Also if Danny refuses to step down, which is what happened a year ago, things will not go so smoothly either.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #9

500 + posts
Group Icon

I don't think, for example, Pickle & Joy would let it go. And they'd be right not to. People in high places cannot be allowed to get away with this kind of garbage. And the 233,000 people who know about this stuff are going to want resolution.

But I do think that a new CEO and a new board would really really be a step in the right direction. Maybe 3ABN can be saved. amen.gif

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
mikell
post Aug 7 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,546

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:29 PM) *
I don't think, for example, Pickle & Joy would let it go. And they'd be right not to. People in high places cannot be allowed to get away with this kind of garbage. And the 233,000 people who know about this stuff are going to want resolution.

But I do think that a new CEO and a new board would really really be a step in the right direction. Maybe 3ABN can be saved. amen.gif

I SECOND amen.gif to those ends!

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 09:29 PM) *

I agree, SoulEspresso.

This post has been edited by Artiste: Aug 7 2007, 10:44 PM

+Quote Post
appletree
post Aug 7 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,244

QUOTE(Artiste @ Aug 7 2007, 10:03 PM) *

Hi all,
I agree that misinformation is rampant and has been from the beginning. I do not want to contribute to false rumors so will state the facts as I know them. Danny himself brought the idea of finding a new president to the board. The board did not request it or demand it. He is 56 years old and has been in this position for 23 years. He is tired physically and mentally of handling the day to day operations of finances, contracts, downlinks, uplinks and all the other major responsibilities and decisions that can wear one down. He has suggested the idea of a new man with the Presidency title while he will remain Founder and 3abn Consultant. Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward. If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.
Again, there has been no directives from anyone for Danny to step down. He would simply like some help. He will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.
None of this is written in stone. Danny does have someone in mind for the job. There are no hidden agenda's or underhanded motives here. It is a relatively simple idea to relieve a person of some of the heavy responsibilites that he has carried for so many years.
Those from 3abn that contribute to this unbecoming and unchristlike gossip would benefit greatly, as would others, if they would keep quiet until the facts are known. If one would keep track of how many unsubstianted rumors have been told on these internet sites, the amount would be staggering. Far more rumors than truth have been told and repeated over and over again.
What I have shared here, are the facts for now. But, again, nothing is in stone and Danny might decide tomorrow to remain as President indefinitely. He is praying about it and will do what he feels impressed to do.

+Quote Post
runner4him
post Aug 7 2007, 10:46 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,427

QUOTE(SoulEspresso @ Aug 7 2007, 10:29 PM) *

Amen! A new CEO and a new board would be a great beginning.

If we look back.... this whole thing started because of some innocent victims who had no one listening to their clear soft voices. Two people stood up, took notice, and began a work to lend support to and for them. In their search for truth who would have thought it would have led to the uncovering of this much alleged corruption?

I will wait to get out the check book..... when I can see a clear path of truth and change everywhere I will then put my dollars to a ministry that stands for something.

+Quote Post
SoulEspresso
post Aug 7 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #14

500 + posts
Group Icon

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Hi all,
I agree that misinformation is rampant and has been from the beginning. I do not want to contribute to false rumors so will state the facts as I know them. Danny himself brought the idea of finding a new president to the board. The board did not request it or demand it. He is 56 years old and has been in this position for 23 years. He is tired physically and mentally of handling the day to day operations of finances, contracts, downlinks, uplinks and all the other major responsibilities and decisions that can wear one down. He has suggested the idea of a new man with the Presidency title while he will remain Founder and 3abn Consultant. Under these terms, no major changes or decisions can be made by the New President without consulting with Danny and getting an OK to go forward. If there is a difference of opinion, it would go before the board which has several new substantial members.
Again, there has been no directives from anyone for Danny to step down. He would simply like some help. He will continue to do programming, travel for 3abn and will, I imagine, sit on the board.
None of this is written in stone. Danny does have someone in mind for the job. There are no hidden agenda's or underhanded motives here. It is a relatively simple idea to relieve a person of some of the heavy responsibilites that he has carried for so many years.
Those from 3abn that contribute to this unbecoming and unchristlike gossip would benefit greatly, as would others, if they would keep quiet until the facts are known. If one would keep track of how many unsubstianted rumors have been told on these internet sites, the amount would be staggering. Far more rumors than truth have been told and repeated over and over again.
What I have shared here, are the facts for now. But, again, nothing is in stone and Danny might decide tomorrow to remain as President indefinitely. He is praying about it and will do what he feels impressed to do.

welcome(1).gif appletree!

Sounds like you have a pretty good working knowledge of 3ABN. I bolded a section from your post that I have a question about. The exploration of a new CEO for 3ABN, then, has nothing to do with the channel's financial situation? Yes or no? scratchchin.gif I have a follow-up question for this line of thought, but will wait for a reply.

Take this in a spirit of fellowship and cooperation: The line of thought I underlined, I would encourage you to be careful with. Most of us have been following this very carefully, so we know exactly what's been documented or witnessed firsthand, and what hasn't. dunno.gif

If you have any new documentation to which you could direct us, that would be amazingly wonderful. Again, welcome(1).gif

This post has been edited by SoulEspresso: Aug 7 2007, 11:02 PM

--------------------
--

+Quote Post
Artiste
post Aug 7 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE(appletree @ Aug 7 2007, 09:45 PM) *
Hi all,

Don't have anything to add ... I think the missive speaks for itself.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2008 - 11:10 AM
Design by: Download IPB Skins & eBusiness
BlackSDA has no official affiliation or endorsement from the Seventh-day Adventist church